Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2019, 16:06   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Aren’t there any discounts on the Petrol CRV?
There are but comparatively its a lot less. Diesel CRV has an official discount of 2.5 lac for 2wd and 3.0 lac for awd while the petrol has no official discount only what the dealer offers you. Hence the diff of roughly 30k including the dealer discount in both the cases on top of the official discounts being offered.
Old 12th July 2019, 11:27   #62
BHPian

Hi all, have been thinking of purchasing a diesel CRV given that the discounts are becoming better. Dealers have stock stuck with them, and had one more friend who wanted a CRV.

1.At what price on road do you guys think CRV diesel AWD makes sense?

2. Also, how good/bad is the ride quality of the CRV compared to Hexa/Compass?

3. How bad is the diesel in gear accelaration? Difficult to find in gear or 0 to 100 accelaration numbers these days...Is it at par with say a fortuner/crysta, or is it really poor?

Would appreciate any feedback
Old 14th July 2019, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuz View Post
Hi all, have been thinking of purchasing a diesel CRV given that the discounts are becoming better. Dealers have stock stuck with them, and had one more friend who wanted a CRV.

1.At what price on road do you guys think CRV diesel AWD makes sense?

2. Also, how good/bad is the ride quality of the CRV compared to Hexa/Compass?

3. How bad is the diesel in gear accelaration? Difficult to find in gear or 0 to 100 accelaration numbers these days...Is it at par with say a fortuner/crysta, or is it really poor?

Would appreciate any feedback
So I have taken delivery of the 2wd diesel. The AWD has a discount of 3 lacs from Honda so it kind of makes sense only if you're looking to use the AWD. I personally have no use of it. I had a rexton previously and over the 1.3lac KM's that I covered in it I appreciated AWD on only 2-3 occasions.

The ride quality is really good based on the 300 kms that IV covered in it as of now. Much better than my Octavia and even the X1 that I have. I wouldn't know in comparison to the Hexa and Compass though. The seats are amazing and one of the most comfortable ones IV sat in in a while

The ingear acceleration is par for the segment in the real world. Maybe a little slower than the fortuner but the gearbox is really good and you don't feel the gears changing at all. The engine is a little gruff though and in comparison to my fortuner I do feel quick acceleration bursts are missing especially when trying to overtake. It's good if you're a sedate driver or looking to be chauffeured. What also helps is the fuel efficiency of around 15 that is showing on the MID.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 16:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
So I have taken delivery of the 2wd diesel. The AWD has a discount of 3 lacs from Honda so it kind of makes sense only if you're looking to use the AWD. I personally have no use of it.
Thank you for the response.

At present the 2WD Diesel is being offered to me at about 34 Lakhs on road. Took a test drive of more than 120 kms as well. The ride quality is very good, the driving position almost perfect. While the lower power seems a deal breaker initially, the judgement of power flow becomes easier after some distance, especially using paddle shifts.

The diesel sound becomes an irritant though - i guess that's standard with all diesels.

The back seats are also comfortable and spacious. The recline also helps.

Right now, very tempted to buy, especially since i am currently driving a 10 year old honda city which has covered 1.8 lakh kilometers with zero repairs! And still going strong. So trust on the brand for me is really strong.
skuz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 11:51   #65
BHPian

So the discount up to Rs 4 lakh off but only for the diesel variant.

Details from Honda website are posted below:

Diesel (All Grades)

Cash Discount worth Rs. 4,00,000/-
Disclaimer: Offers are variant, grade & Location specific.

Additional offers for selected Corporates for all models.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 13:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
So the discount up to Rs 4 lakh off but only for the diesel variant.
I confirmed this from the local dealer. This is the support from Honda - so the dealer has additional discount margins that I feel can be negotiated.
Old 12th August 2019, 19:39   #67
BHPian

Could someone please advise me on what could be the future of diesel engines. Especially the diesel engine on CRV. I do read that the bigger engines(>2.0) will continue to exist and BSVI cost will still be accepted on them. This one being smaller(1.6), I am afraid if they would stop this Diesel engine itself and hence the variant. I hope Honda do have plans to upgrade this engine to BSVI standards and to continue offering diesel engines on CRV, Civic and other variants.

Also if Electric vehicles start dominating slowly in 5 years, wondering how the diesel vehicles will be valued at that stage and its impact further on service and maintenance.

I am a bit skeptical to make a decision, but with the discount currently being offered on CRV, I would be happy for some expert opinions on this forum please. Thanks.
Old 13th August 2019, 12:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsivj View Post
am a bit skeptical to make a decision, but with the discount currently being offered on CRV, I would be happy for some expert opinions on this forum please. Thanks.

There's a 4 lac discount on Awd crv diesel right now. Personally for next 10 years I don't see diesels going anywhere, they will have spares and parts and maintenance will be possible but emission norms will keep getting stricter and government and local bodies will keep raising taxes on petrol and diesel to indirectly enforce and force you to go electric.

I'm told crv is bs6 ready in both petrol and diesel but I don't know, just sharing word of dealer who I spoke to.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 12:53   #69
BHPian

Yes my dealer just gave me the news that with the discounts from both Honda and the dealer one can save a whooping 5 lacs off the price making this a very attractive proposition. I'm feeling shortchanged now since i got a discount of only 2.75 I do not know whether its for the AWD only or the 2 wd too since at the time I bought my car the AWD had a discount of 3 and i wasn't looking for an AWD hence picked the 2wd diesel which had a lower discount figure, hence do not wish to know the details anymore since it'll only make me feel worse to know the finer details of the discounts.
Old 13th August 2019, 12:56   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
There's a 4 lac discount on Awd crv diesel right now.
Its actually a good deal & prospective buyers should take the plunge before the BS6 norms kick in & pricing goes high up. (I know I'm talking shamelessly about buying a car that pollutes more, simply to save money. Sorry about that.)

This also shows how much margin Honda is selling this car at. They are able to extract sufficient profit even after a 4 Lakh discount! Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I'm told crv is bs6 ready in both petrol and diesel but I don't know, just sharing word of dealer who I spoke to.
Technically this means nothing at all really. "BS6 Ready" and "BS6 Compliant" are 2 things quite apart. The currently sold CR-V is BS6 ready possibly. But it doesn't mean it will clear the BS6 norms if we test the current car.

Sales advisors and dealers are best used as entertainment in technical discussions in most cases.
Old 13th August 2019, 14:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
...This also shows how much margin Honda is selling this car at. They are able to extract sufficient profit even after a 4 Lakh discount! Nice.
Well, this is evident in their lower models too. Jazz apparently is overpriced by atleast a lakh or around that. I just got a deal for Jazz petrol VX MT with over 60k of cash offer + accesories + 3M underbody coating + free insurance. The same dealer also quoted upto 4.5 lakhs of discounts for CR-V.

With Hondas, no matter how good or bad their cars get, their sales and service is for most parts almost perfect. Like, Maruti, Hyundai and Toyota, this is the most important factor that is contributing to Honda's successful existence in our country. In my experience so far, I would rate Honda sales and service the best if not amongst the top 3 best, closely followed by Hyundai, Maruti(Nexa) and Toyota. My SA was very knowledgeable person, infact he is a mechanical engineer (who is not one in India?) who quit his high paying IT desk job to do what he likes. Hence, he was not only interested to sell the car but was very much aware of things in and around the cars that Honda and other brands sell. He was very aware of TBHP too!! I wouldn't be surprised if he is also a member.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 13th August 2019 at 14:13.
AlphaKilo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 15:45   #72

Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead, also do trim the large quoted post to help with readability. Thanks.

Did u already do the booking for the CRV.
What manufacture month was being offered to you, at the time of discussion.
I completely agree that discounts offered, does make this a very tempting proposition.
I too am looking to go for the 2WD Honda CRV and the present offer is almost touching 5 Lacs even on the 2WD.

Quote:
Thank you for the response.
=====
So trust on the brand for me is really strong.
Congrats on the new purchase
Are u happy with the overall product and which month manufacture was delivered to you.
I am being offered a March manufacture in Golden Brown.
Do u honestly feel the lag on the Diesel engine, and how is the fuel Efficiency as per actual tank fillings in city driving. Is it matching the MID figures ?
As the company claimed figures appear too good to be true.

As long as it is not single digits, I am happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
So I have taken delivery of the 2wd diesel.
=====
What also helps is the fuel efficiency of around 15 that is showing on the MID.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th August 2019 at 16:14.
Old 13th August 2019, 16:27   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tituni View Post
[b]Mod note:

Did u already do the booking for the CRV.
What manufacture month was being offered to you, at the time of discussion.
I completely agree that discounts offered, does make this a very tempting proposition.
I too am looking to go for the 2WD Honda CRV and the present offer is almost touching 5 Lacs even on the 2WD.
Not yet. Reached out to a couple of dealers.
The offer was on December 2018 White Colour. I would have taken any colour other than White! If you are interested can connect you with the dealer. Pls PM me.
Now negotiating for a AWD new model.
Wondering if the discounts will go higher the next month?

Meanwhile, Honda has introduced a buy back scheme.
3 Years, 52% of the Ex Showroom, 75000 Kms. For CRV and Civic.
Not exactly great. But, would have been great if they were to do a finance package like BMW does - with EMIs only on the remaining 48% for 3 years.

Let me know if anybody down south wants to negotiate with the dealer together.
skuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 06:13   #74

Unfortunately with my present membership, would not be able to PM you.
I did manage to strike a sweet deal and will be taking home the August'19 manufacture car in Golden brown.
You can reach out to me & we can discuss this further.

Quote:
Not yet. Reached out to a couple of dealers.
The offer was on December 2018 White Colour. I would have taken any colour other than White! If you are interested can connect you with the dealer. Pls PM me.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th August 2019 at 07:21. Reason: Deleting mobile number
Old 17th August 2019, 00:12   #75
Vmv
BHPian

Honda created a twin model of CRV - Honda Breeze.

Honda has been selling a number of twin models in China under two joint ventures, namely GAC-Honda and Dongfeng-Honda. While the original Honda CR-V is sold by Dongfeng Honda, the Honda Breeze will be sold by Guangzhou Honda.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CR-V : Official Review-hondabreezefrontthreequarters05de.jpg  

Honda CR-V : Official Review-lowerspechondabreezefee8.jpg  

Most Viewed