Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th June 2019, 16:06   #61
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Arenít there any discounts on the Petrol CRV?
There are but comparatively its a lot less. Diesel CRV has an official discount of 2.5 lac for 2wd and 3.0 lac for awd while the petrol has no official discount only what the dealer offers you. Hence the diff of roughly 30k including the dealer discount in both the cases on top of the official discounts being offered.
rugsrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 11:27   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

Hi all, have been thinking of purchasing a diesel CRV given that the discounts are becoming better. Dealers have stock stuck with them, and had one more friend who wanted a CRV.

1.At what price on road do you guys think CRV diesel AWD makes sense?

2. Also, how good/bad is the ride quality of the CRV compared to Hexa/Compass?

3. How bad is the diesel in gear accelaration? Difficult to find in gear or 0 to 100 accelaration numbers these days...Is it at par with say a fortuner/crysta, or is it really poor?

Would appreciate any feedback
skuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuz View Post
Hi all, have been thinking of purchasing a diesel CRV given that the discounts are becoming better. Dealers have stock stuck with them, and had one more friend who wanted a CRV.

1.At what price on road do you guys think CRV diesel AWD makes sense?

2. Also, how good/bad is the ride quality of the CRV compared to Hexa/Compass?

3. How bad is the diesel in gear accelaration? Difficult to find in gear or 0 to 100 accelaration numbers these days...Is it at par with say a fortuner/crysta, or is it really poor?

Would appreciate any feedback
So I have taken delivery of the 2wd diesel. The AWD has a discount of 3 lacs from Honda so it kind of makes sense only if you're looking to use the AWD. I personally have no use of it. I had a rexton previously and over the 1.3lac KM's that I covered in it I appreciated AWD on only 2-3 occasions.

The ride quality is really good based on the 300 kms that IV covered in it as of now. Much better than my Octavia and even the X1 that I have. I wouldn't know in comparison to the Hexa and Compass though. The seats are amazing and one of the most comfortable ones IV sat in in a while

The ingear acceleration is par for the segment in the real world. Maybe a little slower than the fortuner but the gearbox is really good and you don't feel the gears changing at all. The engine is a little gruff though and in comparison to my fortuner I do feel quick acceleration bursts are missing especially when trying to overtake. It's good if you're a sedate driver or looking to be chauffeured. What also helps is the fuel efficiency of around 15 that is showing on the MID.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote