Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 20:24   #316

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Yayyyyy!!!! . I finally booked the XUV 300 W8 O AMT Red Color.
Eagerly waiting now for the delivery. Hopefully will get it in the 2nd week of February.
Can wait to drive the car. I am too much excited. Had test driven a lot of cars and finally decided on the XUV 300. Safest car in its range.
Will put in a detailed thread of ownership once I get the car.
Till then fingers crossed.!
Eco_Driven is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 18:32   #317
BHPian

After a lot of TDs on various vehicles, finally booked Mahindar XUV300. (W8) Petrol.This was the last vehicle I TDed and it blowed me with such refined petrol engine.Had almost booked Nexon but I loved XUV300 more.
motorlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 00:44   #318
BHPian

Some great news!
Made in India XUV300 becomes THE FIRST car in South Africa to receive 5 star safety rating from Global NCAP.
https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...africa-2359354
TaurusSHO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 13:59   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
Some great news!
Made in India XUV300 becomes THE FIRST car in South Africa to receive 5 star safety rating from Global NCAP.
https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...africa-2359354
Here is a YouTube link to the video:
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 20:50   #320
BHPian

Mahindra to launch Petrol AT soon (TC gearbox)!

https://gaadiwaadi.com/mahindra-xuv3...unch-soon/amp/
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 19:09   #321
BHPian

XUV 300 launched Petrol Auto Shift variants.

Is this another glorified version of AMT gearbox? It was speculated that the TC gearbox would be launched with the petrol engine. Very disappointing if this is not a proper AT gearbox as AMT is a big mismatch with this premium car.

https://m.timesofindia.com/auto/cars...w/80650771.cms
Old 13th February 2021, 15:15   #322
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh Jejurikar Executive Director - Auto and Farm Sectors Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd, has taken delivery of his XUV300 diesel auto which he specced himself

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20210213_150737.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 00:11   #323
BHPian

A lot of owners have reported issues of gear oil leak from the diesel MT gearbox, including yours truly, TWICE!

Apparently, there is a seal near the gear position sensor that is to blame.
Somehow, the leak happens over an extended period of time with zero visible traces in the engine compartment or the parking spot so there's no way to tell.
It starts off as a mild grinding sound in the third gear.

On the positive side, Mahindra is changing the entire transaxle assembly in such cases and now I have a brand new gearbox after 26k kms.
anantpoddar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 12:27   #324
BHPian

Hello everyone.. We are considering to buy XUV300 Diesel. I wanted to know your opinion about the car's reliability and service cost from the owners. I believe some of the issues from initial batches like suspension and infotainment related are sorted.

We went for a test drive for a second time and our test car developed an issue. The gear shift indicator was not displayed and the engine felt underpowered than the previous drive. It didn't feel peppy like before. The sales rep felt the same too and will get it checked. Did you face any such issues?
Old 17th February 2021, 18:17   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
Hello everyone.. We are considering to buy XUV300 Diesel. I wanted to know your opinion about the car's reliability and service cost from the owners. I believe some of the issues from initial batches like suspension and infotainment related are sorted.
Well, I have used the car for just less than 2 months (though I have driven her in majority of road conditions and terrains), so I may not be the right person to comment on long term service experience. But whatever limited interactions I have had with the SA is quite good. They have been cordial, taken care in explaining the small things like the top ups done in the 1st service as well as the things that will be done in the second along with the associated costs. Mahindra also has the With You, Hamesha app which gives a great tracking of service as well as expected service costs.
Having said that, you will always find customers of Tata and Mahindra experiencing bad service. There are rotten apples in the system, you just need to select the good ones.

I believe that long term reliability should be as good as any other manufacturer. Especially since you are looking for the diesel, and M&M are known for their diesel engines doing several lakh kilometers in cars which are meant to be manhandled. Heck, now a days you are not even sure with brands like Hyundai. This forum has long threads about reliability issues in Hyundai cars including brake failures. On the other hand, the Europeans who are the masters of the trade aren't very confidence inspiring too when it comes to reliability.

This is a fantastic vehicle which is excellent to drive. It has its limitations too. See if the car suits your needs. If the answer is yes, just close your eyes and go for it.

Last edited by SansGT : 17th February 2021 at 18:19.
SansGT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 21:43   #326

Hi Guys,

I’m Aditya from Mumbai. I’ve been following this thread for some time now. All of you guys discussing the car in such detail has been really helpful for me in making a decision about booking the XUV300 Diesel AMT W8(O).

We are a family of tall, big people with two dogs and old parents. My wife and I are looking for an automatic car (because of the insane Mumbai traffic), that could also be easily driven on some off-beat routes (we love to take the more scenic routes wherever we drive) and a good highway cruiser (we also always prefer to drive rather than fly to our destinations).

The XUV300 AMT Diesel seems to suit all these needs well. No other car in this category ticked all these boxes for us. Other than WRV no other car in this segment felt so spacious and comfortable inside. But WRV didn’t have the automatic.

I loved how planted it felt during the test drive. It feels solid. It feels like you are driving in a luxury car (until you lay your eyes on the dashboard, it looks horrendous).

Now we are totally sold on this car. But just before booking it, I wanted to share a few things that are worrying me. I say ‘worry’ because it’s turning out to be an expensive car to buy. And I don’t want to regret missing any obvious problems with this car.

Could I request some of the long-term owners of the XUV300 Diesel AMT to please share some negatives about the car that should be considered before booking it?

For example:

- The car did not feel as comfortable to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. The breaks were too sensitive for such heavy traffic. This combined with the slow 1st gear response made the ride feel jerky. Is this something that has been troubling the long term owners a lot while driving in the city? Should this be a deal breaker since my wife will drive it a lot in the city traffic?

- I noticed that some interior parts like the glove box, buttons, rear seat armrest etc. had either come loose or had worn out in the test drive cars. Mahindra has a reputation of starting to sound like tractors after a few years. These noisy and cheap nuts & bolts & clips & buttons, are these a regular nuisance to any of you guys?

- Is the maintenance of this car too expensive compared to a petrol automatic? Are there any other hidden maintenance rituals like the AdBlue additive? Is there something a novice like me should know about this BS6 Diesel AMT? Or hidden troubles or maintenance costs of the AMT itself?

- How does the diesel AMT drive on the winding Ghat section roads? Does the AMT inspire confidence on Highways and Ghats? Is overtaking trucks a pain?

- My wife has never driven a car before. She has a licence but no practice since she got the DL years ago. Do you guys think the AMT Diesel will be easy or difficult for her to drive? Especially in the city?

Are there any other negatives about this car that I should keep in mind before booking the car?

Again, thanks a lot for sharing on Team BHP. It not only helps me in deciding the car I want to buy, but in the process also educated me about various aspects of cars and driving them.

Regards
Aditya
Old 21st February 2021, 07:20   #327

Well, I have an AMT diesel.. reasonably happy with it except few problems, on downslopes the car refuses to upshift with speed and rpm and continues to go upto 3000rpm in lower gears and manually we have to change gears, other than than that in flat roads in city and highways it's not a problem. On ghats u may enjoy a manual more. My DPF gets clogged every 500kms despite highway runs and will be going to service centre to get it checked, there is no adblue in this car.
Old 21st February 2021, 09:15   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhamshu View Post
Well, I have an AMT diesel.. reasonably happy with it except few problems, on downslopes the car refuses to upshift with speed and rpm and continues to go upto 3000rpm in lower gears and manually we have to change gears, other than than that in flat roads in city and highways it's not a problem.
That is the way it is supposed to behave in slopes to hold the car on a safe descent, else the brakes will overheat.

Remarks from the Autocar test drive for reference.

The AMT variant comes with hill-hold assist feature which prevents the car from rolling back when you are on a slope. Another good feature of the AMT is that while going downhill, the unit doesn’t upshift to a higher gear immediately when the speed increases. It will hold on to a lower gear to give you more control while coming down a hill.

Link
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 09:40   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Dhull View Post

- I noticed that some interior parts like the glove box, buttons, rear seat armrest etc. had either come loose or had worn out in the test drive cars. Mahindra has a reputation of starting to sound like tractors after a few years. These noisy and cheap nuts & bolts & clips & buttons, are these a regular nuisance to any of you guys?
No way. Mine is close to 2 years old now and has travelled all over the country. This Mahindra has aged quite well in terms of BSR and NVH.
Overall plastic and trims are snug-fit and there's no rattling.
Some initial owners did face a squeaking dashboard after long runs, but that has now been rectified by Mahindra for all vehicles.
Old 21st February 2021, 10:09   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
That is the way it is supposed to behave in slopes to hold the car on a safe descent, else the brakes will overheat.

Remarks from the Autocar test drive for reference.

The AMT variant comes with hill-hold assist feature which prevents the car from rolling back when you are on a slope. Another good feature of the AMT is that while going downhill, the unit doesn’t upshift to a higher gear immediately when the speed increases. It will hold on to a lower gear to give you more control while coming down a hill.

Link
True, but even on very minimal long slopes on city roads the car refuses to upshift from 2nd onwards, which sometimes becomes annoying, now some squeaky sounds have started appearing from right rear suspension.. have to visit service centre, regarding DPF I think there Is some issue with DPF sensors since even on highway drives it keeps showing clogged message every 300kms

Most Viewed