Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2021, 14:17   #451
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_5583.png
I shall be returning my honorary "Tech savvy" badge because it took me a month+ to discover that the phone app can actually control the head unit and AC from within the app

This is pretty damn cool thought! I love that the AC controls are so direct. Like, on the actual AC unit you have to toggle through the modes. In the app there's a direct select menu for modes! So much better than fiddling around with buttons!
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 09:54   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Attachment 2170423
I shall be returning my honorary "Tech savvy" badge because it took me a month+ to discover that the phone app can actually control the head unit and AC from within the app

This is pretty damn cool thought! I love that the AC controls are so direct. Like, on the actual AC unit you have to toggle through the modes. In the app there's a direct select menu for modes! So much better than fiddling around with buttons!
Yes. This is a pretty cool app. It has a lot of options. I especially like the Ecosense wherein it has a pictorial representation of the percentage of engagement of each gear while driving.
However, it is hard to use while driving. I just tend to keep it on while on the move so that it collects all the data. I don't fiddle with my phone much, as it is always connected with Android Auto, and the car's system is notorious for disconnecting AA if the phone is moved around.
SansGT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 19:51   #453
BHPian

Any idea how do you take out the IRVM. Just want to try out few things, IRVM becomes a blind spot for me in few conditions.
Old 26th June 2021, 22:32   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Any idea how do you take out the IRVM. Just want to try out few things, IRVM becomes a blind spot for me in few conditions.
I believe the mirror is mounted on the stalk in a sort of ball-socket joint. I think there should be a screw somewhere on the backside of the mirror to loosen the ball-socket.

================================================
On a separate note, I just discovered that cruise control cannot be engaged while the gear suggestion indicator is not suggesting the current gear. I was going about 65-70 in 6th on an open road, while the console was recommending I downshift to 4th. No matter how many times I pressed the CC keys, it wouldn't trigger.
Then I accelerated a bit, just enough that the gear suggestion indicator settled onto 6th, and I could engage cruise control.
Is this a thing?
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 06:47   #455
BHPian

Quote:
On a separate note, I just discovered that cruise control cannot be engaged while the gear suggestion indicator is not suggesting the current gear. I was going about 65-70 in 6th on an open road, while the console was recommending I downshift to 4th. No matter how many times I pressed the CC keys, it wouldn't trigger.
Then I accelerated a bit, just enough that the gear suggestion indicator settled onto 6th, and I could engage cruise control.
Is this a thing?
Cruise control can only be engaged when engine rpm is above 1200 (diesel variant) and vehicle speed above 30kph.
anantpoddar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 09:58   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Cruise control can only be engaged when engine rpm is above 1200 (diesel variant) and vehicle speed above 30kph.
Ah. I was unaware of the RPM limit. Knew about the speed limit. Thanks!
Old 27th June 2021, 12:49   #457
BHPian

As the spare wheel's valve faces down, checking the air can be an issue, especially if you want to take the wheel down from the high loading lip.

I found this useful, a tyre valve extension adapter. I've used it for some time now with no leaks anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20210619_104713.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20210619_104824.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20210619_122252.jpg  

Duckdoc is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 18:39   #458
BHPian

My dealership has gotten me quite a bit stuck with regards to the FasTag.
So after almost a month since registration, they gave me a tag. Only to tell me they were unable to activate it, and would be giving a different one soon.
Been over a week since that, and no update.

Now I'm stuck in a bad spot. These buggers are unable to give me a working tag. And I can't order one for myself because I don't have the RC yet, and every single fastag provider asks for the RC front and back.
Old 1st July 2021, 09:53   #459
BHPian

Quote:
So after almost a month since registration, they gave me a tag. Only to tell me they were unable to activate it, and would be giving a different one soon.

Now I'm stuck in a bad spot. These buggers are unable to give me a working tag. And I can't order one for myself because I don't have the RC yet, and every single fastag provider asks for the RC front and back.
Why don't you try the ones who sit in front of toll booths? My father got a Ciaz (office provided car) which is yet to get the HSRP, leave alone the RC. He could get a FASTAG from them.
Old 1st July 2021, 10:21   #460
BHPian

Quote:

What bank do you have an account with? I recently ordered FastTag from Kotak and all I had to do was enter the vehicle number. No documents were required.
Old 1st July 2021, 10:22   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
What bank do you have an account with? I recently ordered FastTag from Kotak and all I had to do was enter the vehicle number. No documents were required.
Oh? That is interesting! I have so far checked on airtel, paytm, and HDFC. All 3 required RC.
The Irony is that it's Kotak- Mahindra . And yet somehow a Mahindra doesn't have a fastag from them.

I will check if Kotak gives fastag without having a bank account. Or if I can do the same with HDFC (Which I do have an account with)

Last edited by ashishk29 : 1st July 2021 at 10:24.
Old 1st July 2021, 10:24   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Oh? That is interesting! I have so far checked on airtel, paytm, and HDFC. All 3 required RC.
The Irony is that it's Kotak- Mahindra . And yet somehow a Mahindra doesn't have a fastag from them.

I will check if Kotak gives fastag without having a bank account.
You can also try visiting your home branch. They may be able to give you the FastTag kit instantly. I was also offered the same, but I had already placed the order online by then. Received the FastTag in 3 days.
avmaxfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 10:32   #463
BHPian

Quote:

I will check if Kotak gives fastag without having a bank account. Or if I can do the same with HDFC (Which I do have an account with)
Open Paytm App or web, Check the nearest Paytm Center, Call them and confirm if they have Paytm fast tag in hand. Go there, Show them the provisional RC, Temporary number plate.
It's a very easy process and they will activate the Tag before handing it over to you. Also, the money will be deducted from the Paytm account only and cash is not required at all.
If they don't have any then use the Paytm app. Use provisional RC or temporary number plate. Later on, update the tag with the original RC. They will only approve the tag and then will deduct the money. Use your friend's invitation code to buy the Paytm tag and get cashback.
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 15:10   #464

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else in Mumbai facing delays in the deliveries of their new cars? I had booked the XUV300 Diesel AMT W8 Optional, in March 2021. The dealership is- ‘Mahindra NBS International’ in Juhu. While I understand the delivery shortages because of disruptions in global supply chain of components. But since the last month, both the dealership as well as Mahindra keep giving me a date for delivery and not meeting their own deadlines. I’m being patient and polite with the dealership. Just wanted to know from you guys if anyone else in Mumbai is facing a similar problem. And if there is any way we can all collectively write to Mahindra, requesting them for deliveries so we can move our families around safely during the monsoon months.
Old 1st July 2021, 16:18   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
You can also try visiting your home branch. They may be able to give you the FastTag kit instantly. I was also offered the same, but I had already placed the order online by then. Received the FastTag in 3 days.
My home branch is kinda far away. But I'll call and make sure I can get a fastag, and make the trip then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Open Paytm App or web, Check the nearest Paytm Center, Call them and confirm if they have Paytm fast tag in hand. Go there, Show them the provisional RC, Temporary number plate.
It's a very easy process and they will activate the Tag before handing it over to you. Also, the money will be deducted from the Paytm account only and cash is not required at all.
Today I learnt that Paytm has actual physical centers. I will give that a shot. I do have the proper number plates, and hope so the Digital RC suffices. What's a provisional RC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Dhull View Post
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else in Mumbai facing delays in the deliveries of their new cars? I had booked the XUV300 Diesel AMT W8 Optional, in March 2021. The dealership is- ‘Mahindra NBS International’ in Juhu. While I understand the delivery shortages because of disruptions in global supply chain of components. But since the last month, both the dealership as well as Mahindra keep giving me a date for delivery and not meeting their own deadlines. I’m being patient and polite with the dealership. Just wanted to know from you guys if anyone else in Mumbai is facing a similar problem. And if there is any way we can all collectively write to Mahindra, requesting them for deliveries so we can move our families around safely during the monsoon months.
Wow 3 months is quite a waiting period! Last I knew, the delivery times were supposed to be a maximum of 90 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks