Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 16:36   #466
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Dhull View Post
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else in Mumbai facing delays in the deliveries of their new cars?
I'm from Pune and my booking was on 27th Feb 2021. I was just informed that my allocation has happened and the car has reached the dealership. Although it will be delivered next week, it would be so without an infotainment system which will arrive a week (or even two) later.

My waiting period was 5 months and that seems to be the case for Diesel W8 (O) AMT variant. Some variants have lesser waiting time and some higher as per the SA. There seem to be acute shortages and a really bad disruption of supply chain at Mahindra. None of the diesel XUV300s received by dealership was June 2021 manufacturing. Almost every one of them was March and April 2021 manufactured probably waiting at factory for supplies.
Old 1st July 2021, 17:24   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
What's a provisional RC?
It is Temporary Registration.

Quote:
The Punjab transport department has decided to issue provisional registration certificates in place of temporary RCs after the Supreme Court orders that no new vehicles is to be delivered without the high-security registration plates.
See Attached picture.
There the Vehicle number is mentioned. They will upload this picture and Fast-Tag is issued.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-photo20210701172103.jpg  

Old 1st July 2021, 19:37   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
It is Temporary Registration.

See Attached picture.
There the Vehicle number is mentioned. They will upload this picture and Fast-Tag is issued.
This might be specific to Punjab maybe? I don't think I was provided with a provisional RC.
Anyway after pressuring the dealership quite a bit they have managed to create a fastag for me somehow. So I will get it tomorrow.
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:42   #469
BHPian

After a lot of nagging, finally got the fastag from the dealership itself.
Curiously it's an IHMCL fastag. None of the bank ones.
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:04   #470
BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 posts strong numbers for June 2021 sales; almost beats Venue nos. This is despite being the costliest sub 4M UV. Good to see it's sales trajectory being maintained at almost 5k units a month since it's inception. May be a facelift XUV300 with little tweaks and higher boot will do wonders. How many here rejected XUV300 just for low boot space???
msa.30789 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 09:24   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Went to the UK website and found out that the car is actually 4195mm long and has a 423 L boot.

Wonder if Mahindra would have been more successful competing with the Creta and S-Cross by undercutting their prices rather than being an expensive sub-4m SUV with a small boot.
This information answers the quote below and could be looked on as a missed opportunity by Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msa.30789 View Post
Mahindra XUV300 posts strong numbers for June 2021 sales; almost beats Venue nos. This is despite being the costliest sub 4M UV. Good to see it's sales trajectory being maintained at almost 5k units a month since it's inception. May be a facelift XUV300 with little tweaks and higher boot will do wonders. How many here rejected XUV300 just for low boot space???
It's obvious that for those of us who have a XUV 300, the boot space is not an issue or something we're prepared to live with.

However, they missed the opportunity to do even better by removing the rear middle seat 3 point seat belt and the heated ORVM which would have been useful during the monsoon.
Duckdoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 10:29   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Well, a lot is said about the boot space of this car, and rightly so. It is the minimum of this segment and some hatchbacks give more. However, we should not go only by the number (257L).
  • Let's consider the segment average as 350L (Ecosport and Nexon give this, Sonet is more while some are lesser too). This means that XUV is 93L lesser than what competition provides. That translates to one trolley extra which it would not be able to carry (the large one I believe is 77L, the medium is 67L and the cabin one is 55L). Not even any combination of the above 3 types of trolleys, can fit in the competition. Not that big, eh?
  • What also affects the carrying capacity is how the space is implemented. For example, I believe the Polo has 280L boot space. That is because it is a bit deeper than XUV boot. But what XUV provides is a bigger opening (because of its width and height).
  • The below picture shows how I could stuff in 7-8 bags ( 2 big, rest are smaller) in the boot, along with a vacuum cleaner. That too, without removing the parcel tray. Remove it and it can accommodate more.
    Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210705-10.06.40.jpeg
  • What's better, is that the car provides 60:40 split. So, if one not carrying 5, they can always get access to huge space by trying out these combinations. The car's width ensures that passengers at the back are comfortable, even with seats folded.

Please note that I am not defending the small boot of the XUV. Of course it is a compromise, which the owners knew even before buying, and made an informed decision considering that the space would be sufficient for their requirement. What I am saying is that, the space is not hugely less than competition (maybe because competition does not provide anything extravagant). Yes, it will fit a bag lesser, but in return, it will give a comfortable seating to 3 at the back, which very few in the competition can do.

Last edited by SansGT : 5th July 2021 at 10:35.
SansGT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 22:01   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I have had the XUV 300 for 7 months now and have crossed 8000 kms despite the lockdown. What the car lacks in boot space is compensated by the awesome width of the car that allows 3 tall people to be comfortably seated at the back . The Sonet, Venue and Nexon we tried all had issues accommodating two 6 feeters one behind the other which is usually the case at our home.

I could care less about the boot as we are light travellers and we were upgrading from small hatchbacks anyway.

Update : The mileage never seems to go above 13 kmpl in city traffic. That I guess is the only con. Not that my driving style has helped. The excess power on tap has led me to accelerate and close gaps in traffic faster than I used to in my previous car, a Ford Figo.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 8th July 2021 at 22:04.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 09:15   #474
BHPian

Did my first express-way run since I got the car, and some thoughts/observations, and interesting incidents follow:

1. The car is A BEAST on the expressway. That 300Nm torque translates to overtake pretty much everything without breaking a sweat.

2. Cruise control is a God-sent. It is so relaxing to just lock CC at 90kmph and relax while the car does ALL the work. Plus the immense torque means it has absolutely no trouble keeping the speed flat. I was amazed by how effortlessly the thing was overtaking other cars despite being in CC.

3. The handling is superb. I am so amazed that this tall C-SUV has less body roll than my previous low-slung Jap Jazz. At one point on those big C shaped bends on the E way I even overtook a Honda city whilst I was on the outer lane! Plus the humongous tyres keep it really stuck to the road.

4. For someone having features like auto-headlamps, auto-wipers, they are so handy. I was feeling fairly redundant at one point since the car was basically maintaining speed, operating headlights and wipers all by itself

5. Rear foglamps is a delightful addition. While returning, extremely heavy rains+evening time meant very poor visibility. Having those rear foglamps on does the job perfectly.

6. Speaking of heavy rains: I BADLY wished I still got the heated ORVMs which M&M decided to axe from the later variants for whatever stroke (of genius?) they had. Is it possible to get those retro-fitted? Are they available as spare parts with M&M?

7. The turbo lag does feel a bit annoying when stuck on traffic+inclines. On flat roads it's not that much of an issue.

8. The headlight throw is poorer than I had expected. Especially the high beam. It falls short, and isn't bright enough. Might consider bulb upgrades in the near future.

Now on towards the funny/irritating incident:

I left from my destination point, to return home. Literally just 5 minutes into the drive and I get a "Low tyre pressure" warning for the front left. I panicked. Checked the details in the TPMS menu, and it was literally just 1psi lower than the front right. And it was 29psi, which I admit is low, but not low enough to warrant a TPMS warning.

So I headed on and went to the nearest tyre-vaala and got him to top up. I left from there, and just checked the TPMS menu for fun, and saw that they GENIUS of a tyre-vaala that he was, had inflated all 4 tyres to about 40psi.
Not where I was expecting someone to give 110% to their job.

So then headed on to the nearest large fuel station, got a nominal fuel top up, and got the tyre vaala their to re-adjust. Thankfully they had one of those digital machines. So he hooks up the machine to each tyre, and one thing I noticed right away was that the readout on the TPMS screen was VERY accurate, and matched the reading on the machine exactly.

So the machine obviously saw that the tyres were inflated way past the set pressure, and started deflating the. And the TPMS again throws a warning saying "Tyre pressure leakage". Very good feature, I admit. But given my experience from the past half hour I couldn't help but laugh at what all the TPMS went through. The pressure leakage warning lingered for about 30sec-1 minute even after the re-adjustment was done. And this happened for all 4 tyres one by one.

All in all, a drive well enjoyed, and a lesson learnt.
ashishk29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 11:29   #475
BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_5894.jpg

Kudos to Mahindra on the finer attention to detail.

Most of the cars that have a keyless and keyed variant typically have a dummy insert on the right side of the steering column on the keyless variant, where the keyhole otherwise would have been.

I like that the keyless variant here gets a separate panel that has no dummy insert!
ashishk29 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 17:02   #476
BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my new XUV300 W8O AMT-D on 8th July. It had been paid for and registered on 15th April, but due to covid and the lockdown, it was just collecting dust in the stockyard since then.
This past week, I have also gotten the taste of Mahindra's terrible sales and after-sales service. It has been a bit sad that the new car has had quite a few issues right from the start.
- The infotainment system display does not turn on turning the ignition, though turns on if I start the car w/o the ignition, so each time, I have to start the car and then again press the start-stop button so that the display turns on
- TPMS warning from the start
- The controls for Dual zone AC are inverted. The passenger side temperature button and display control the driver side AC temp, and vice-versa.

Now, my car is in the service center in less than a week from delivery, and it's disappointing, to say the least. This is after I got the PDI done on a video call (before full payment) owing to covid.

Any word of advice for me? Have any other members faced issues in their cars from day 1?

Last edited by alchex7 : 13th July 2021 at 17:12.
alchex7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 12:13   #477
BHPian

Hello brethren,

I am thinking of buying XUV 300 Petrol AMT after rejecting Kushaq for its rear seat width and its pricing.

Is AMT on XUV 300 a reliable one? May I request the owners to please share your experience so that I may reach a conclusion?
theguardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 06:43   #478
BHPian

The service due reminder, while nice, has started giving that reminder every single time I fire up the car, even though I just crossed 900km. Service isn't due for another 100!
Old 15th July 2021, 08:09   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
The service due reminder, while nice, has started giving that reminder every single time I fire up the car, even though I just crossed 900km. Service isn't due for another 100!
I have the same feature on my Seltos. Comes up before 1500 kms of the due service(though didn't get one for first service) .

Single chime at startup, the message flashes for 2 seconds and back to business.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 09:37   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguardian View Post
Hello brethren,

I am thinking of buying XUV 300 Petrol AMT after rejecting Kushaq for its rear seat width and its pricing.

Is AMT on XUV 300 a reliable one? May I request the owners to please share your experience so that I may reach a conclusion?
While the TUV AMT saga does not instill confidence, the unit deployed in the XUV300 is a completely different one sourced from Marelli. Though the petrol one was launched recently, the same unit has been doing its duty with the diesel for more than 2 years now and I don't see any complaints regarding the same. So, I believe that the unit is reliable.
Regarding the performance, though it has the inherent AMT issues of lag, head nods and improper response to spirited driving, it is still considered as one of the better AMTs out there and surely the best in the segment.
SansGT is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks