Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 21:03   #556
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

I was wary of the boodmo site, but seeing the experiences in the above post and the post it links to, I ordered heated ORVM panels from that site.
1300 bucks is totally worth it.
ashishk29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 11:25   #557
BHPian

What a crisp ownership review and a bonus travelogue!

This couldn't have come at a better time. I took a test drive yesterday and came out impressed. The torque is out of this world. Steering feedback was not bad at all and sport mode made it even better. This is coming from someone who's owned an Ikon before! I agree with the clutch having a long travel but it is SMOOTH!

Parents also loved the car. The rear seat space was raved about and my dad was impressed with the cabin insulation and the solid build quality.

Nexon test drive is planned for today and boy, it has to impress us after the stellar performance the XUV put up!

Thank you for the review! Wishing you many more happy miles with the beast!!
SoupRaw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 11:44   #558
BHPian

Congratulations on getting the safest and best handling SUV this side of 20 lacs . The handling of the vehicle is second to none in it's class now after the discontinuation of the EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
With the XUV 300, Mahindra seems to have got the basics right with the engine, comfort, build quality, ride and handling. It also seems to have sorted out reliability issues and inspire confidence, being niggle free.
That's because it's not a Mahindra actually, it's a Ssangyong Tivoli shortened to comply with the 4 metre rule in India.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:08   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
That's because it's not a Mahindra actually, it's a Ssangyong Tivoli shortened to comply with the 4 metre rule in India.
Yes, it definitely helped decision making thinking of it as a chopped down version of the Tivoli but still thought Mahindra deserves some credit and acknowledged as such.
Duckdoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:29   #560
Senior - BHPian

I own the XUV3OO in W8 Petrol dual tone (red & white). I have done around 7K so far in around 10 months of ownership. I have to say, there is not one bit of regret in owning the Cheetah. It has been an absolute bliss to own and drive this car. The engine refinement, comfort, cabin space and not to mention the lovely premium interiors make it a wonderful package. I will pen down my experience during Oct.

One point, my car is a Nov 2020 make and the rear 3 point seat belt and the heated ORVMs were omitted. My SA however, shared a detailed brochure with me that I posted here. The boot light missing is a surprise because my car has it.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 18:58   #561
BHPian

How are you getting the mods for 3 point middle seat belt and heated ORVM getting done? Wont the heated ORVM need an inner switch, different wiring and all? Are the official service centers ready to do these fitments?
jagzrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 19:21   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
How are you getting the mods for 3 point middle seat belt and heated ORVM getting done? Wont the heated ORVM need an inner switch, different wiring and all? Are the official service centers ready to do these fitments?
I am hoping that the wiring hasn't been removed entirely. Originally it was was operated by the read defogger button, so I am hoping it maps on to the same.

Gonna try and check with my service guy for installation.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 23:05   #563

Given your height, did you find the rear seat height adequate amd comfortable. Is it not too low and lacking in under thigh support.

How would you rate the reat seat comfort if you were driven around by a chaffeur.

While i could follow that you trusted the mechanic to go with the diesel, did he share any particular reason for avoiding the petrol engine?

Thank you for sharing a comprehensive review and experience, it really helps.
amaheshwari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 06:43   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaheshwari View Post
Given your height, did you find the rear seat height adequate amd comfortable. Is it not too low and lacking in under thigh support.
Thanks for the questions. I had never sat in the rear seat and only tried it now, after your post. Yes, I agree with the 2 points raised. I've also realised that in a bid to increase this support, tall people tend to spread their thighs while sitting and there is ample width to do this.
I have never been driven around, so can't answer the next question. However, I have had feedback from two passengers, one who was 185 cm and the other 176 cms in the rear
on long distances who said they were comfortable.
As to the mechanic, he meant to allay my fears of the diesel engine in that Mahindra has been associated with this fuel type for a long time, rather than any issue with the petrol engine. As you can see from multiple posts on this thread, many are extremely happy with the petrol version. So, I feel it's a personal choice and with factors like FE, fuel prices, and usage, this choice has worked out well for me. My biggest surprise which I didn't expect was the refinement and the NVH.
Hope your queries have been answered.

Last edited by Duckdoc : 16th September 2021 at 07:08.
Duckdoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 07:47   #565

The xuv300 is my first car and I must say it's beginer friendly. I've never felt so confident behind the wheel.

One star feature of this car that is not mentioned here is the cruise control. The fuel efficiency improves a great deal with it. Also you could control the speed from your right thumb giving your legs some rest.

Mine is a Jan 2021 make and I do have a boot lamp. So that is confusing.
The lack of three point seat belt was a surprise to me as well. The dealer never mentioned a word.
Akilan1597 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:05   #566
BHPian

Quote:
First 10000 kms initial ownership review of a 2021 XUV 300 W8Opt MT Diesel
Good photos and review Duckdoc. I have never been able to do one even though I've covered over 15k kms now, thanks to my lethargy. Good to see one more conversion of the rear centre seat belt! Did you source parts from Boodmo or from your service centre? How quickly did you get those parts? Did you DIY or took help of the service guys for installation? Sorry for so many questions, I havent been following the pages for a while and I must've missed if you have posted updates regarding this.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 16:44   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Good photos and review Duckdoc. I have never been able to do one even though I've covered over 15k kms now, thanks to my lethargy. Good to see one more conversion of the rear centre seat belt!
Thank you @Goandiaries, I owe you a ton of gratitude. It was sourced from the vendors by the dealership and fixed by them but I had to show them your post how to do it. Looking forward to your review and travelogue.
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 10:15   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you @Goandiaries, I owe you a ton of gratitude. It was sourced from the vendors by the dealership and fixed by them but I had to show them your post how to do it. Looking forward to your review and travelogue.
It's great to hear that the service station people even agreed to do it. When I enquired for the first time back in January regarding this, the accessories manager (I understood later he's not the one for this job!) in the showroom told me that I have to change the entire seat assembly . Later, after getting acquainted with the service manager of the showroom, he helped me acquire a couple of parts, which helped me finish the DIY job. While procuring parts, he told me that the service station will not help me doing the job due to already heavy work load they are facing and they have no training / authorization to do such a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I was wary of the boodmo site, but seeing the experiences in the above post and the post it links to, I ordered heated ORVM panels from that site.
1300 bucks is totally worth it.
Have you already upgraded the mirror assembly? I have the passenger side heated mirror in stock since April. However, never tried opening and checking if the heating connectors exist in the ORVM.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th September 2021 at 11:47. Reason: Please edit or multi quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Goandiaries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 11:33   #569
BHPian

So i booked my XUV300 W8(O) about 7 days back. It was all done over the phone and whatsapp so yesterday me and the missus decided to go to the showroom to meet the accessories person (have ordered quite a bit of those !) and to meet the sales team in person.

The showroom is MM Motors , Iyyapanthangal , Chennai.

Showroom is brand new and HUGE. Sales team is prompt, professional , quick to respong and eager. 9/10 would reccomend. 1 mark deducted because of the lack of discounts given considering the showroom is new and the incident detailed below

When we were there,two XUV 300s were on display side by side - a W8(O) Red and W8 Aquamarine. Now considering we were torn between these two colours before we settled on Aquamarine, the presence of these two colours side by side reignited the debate in our heads. Sensing our confusion the sales person said that while our waiting period would be the usual 12-14 weeks for Aquamarine, if we wanted Red we could have the display car. I checked the odo it read 80 km. VIN said it was June manufactured. Now while I was mulling over whether to take a red car the sales person said two interesting bits-

1) Mahindra might soon be removing front parking sensors from even the top end W8(o)
2) This particular car had heated ORVMs ! Now this I found strange since the car had a 2 point seatbelt at rear and its a known fact that the heated ORVMs were removed alongside the 3 point seatbelt. I pointed this out but he kept insisting it was there.

Now what I am curious about is- is it true that Mahindar might be removing the front parking sensors from upcoming manufactured W8(O)s or was the sales person just making it up to push an immediate sale ? Any insider info/ input would be apreciated !
Rollingwheels26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 11:35   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I am hoping that the wiring hasn't been removed entirely. Originally it was was operated by the read defogger button, so I am hoping it maps on to the same.

Gonna try and check with my service guy for installation.
Any luck with the installation ? Hop the wiring is still there since it will give hope to all us new buyers to get it installed as well !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks