Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 16:36   #616
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

I booked the XUV W8 (O) Petrol AMT early this week and have been informed that it will be delivered in November. As such they are providing floor mats complimentary. Based on existing owners experience, it would help me if suggestions can be provided on what essential accessories need to be added.
Old 13th October 2021, 23:55   #617
BHPian

XUV 300 Facelift spotted during testing as per Motoroctane
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 00:13   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Its the Ssangyong Tivoli with the proper boot and if they're testing it now means that a 4+m XUV(XUV400 if I may) isn't dead yet ?

I do wish the XUV 400 to be a reality filling the space for a FTD GNCAP 5star rated SUV in that price range.

Last edited by shancz : 14th October 2021 at 00:15. Reason: ccl
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 15:16   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay1283 View Post
I booked the XUV W8 (O) Petrol AMT early this week and have been informed that it will be delivered in November. As such they are providing floor mats complimentary. Based on existing owners experience, it would help me if suggestions can be provided on what essential accessories need to be added.
Don't go for the mats from Mahindra. You'll get nice 7D mats from the market. They fit really nice.

Checkout this video and you'll get an idea:

The thing to get from Mahindra would really be just the Parcel Tray instead of the Mats.

Last edited by mihir_m13 : 14th October 2021 at 15:42.
mihir_m13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 23:40   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRaw View Post
Did you take delivery? I booked W8(O) on 18th September but have no updates on delivery date. When did you book?
I booked in July and yes got the delivery last Friday!! Very happy so far with the drive quialoty.. absolutely zero sound in 6th gear .. I was informed by the service advisor about the availability of vehicle by end of September but I waited for the launch of XUV 700. Eventually didn't go for it due to following reasons

1. I don't need 7 seater and It's always easy to drive a XUV 300 in traffic than a XUV 700
2. I am not sure about the mileage of the car specially the one with petrol since I wanted to buy petrol.
3. Global NCAP rating is still not out for XUV700 and I counld't want for that to come.
Kshitin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 07:56   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Would definitely love to see the dashboard redesigned. I like the dashboard of the present XUV300, but kinda hate the HVAC controls. Both in terms of design and button feel. Would rather have old slider controls instead.

Though it is weird, welcome to see a new dashboard designed where the infotainment screen is not plonked on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Its the Ssangyong Tivoli with the proper boot and if they're testing it now means that a 4+m XUV(XUV400 if I may) isn't dead yet ?

I do wish the XUV 400 to be a reality filling the space for a FTD GNCAP 5star rated SUV in that price range.
With the current XUV300 sales picking up and the XUV700 priced so closely, can't expect to see the Tivoli launched here either in XUV400 or XUV500 name. Expect the XUV500 to come once the XUV700 facelift gives it some breathing space in the price range and IMHO, would probably be a Mahindra design than just the Tivoli.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 14:06   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitin View Post
I booked in July and yes got the delivery last Friday!! Very happy so far with the drive quialoty.
Congrats buddy! Wishing you many happy miles!

Yes, the refinement for a diesel engine is something else in this vehicle. I'm a petrol-head but this car sold me on diesel refinement. Drivability was an aspect of diesel I always envied.

Did you get the optional variant? 7th airbag and door ajar lamps(front) still available?
Old 16th October 2021, 16:02   #623
BHPian

Installed the safecams Y3S on my car.
Good camera. Worth the money.

Detailed review which I had posted on dashcam thread (I found it more aligned to the dashcam thread, and I find it redundant to share all the same data again ):

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5174341 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)
ashishk29 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 08:55   #624
BHPian

While i wait for my car - One question for people who already own it. IS the arm rest really useful? I've booked the W8 and it'll get one but in the test drive i tooK (also of the Nexon) - i found that only a very tall person with seat pushed far back could really use it. For people in the 5'.8" +-2 height range - its pretty useless.

The only useful arm rests really are the ones which are part of the seat back rest itself in cars like Marazzo or Scorpio (Aircraft like).

Any comments on the same?

Also - the W8 will get black fabric seats. The dealer told me that they can get me the same beige seat cover (PU Leather) like the ones found in the top model W8(O) for Rs 7500/-. Any comments on the fit of these covers - i really like beige seats of W8(O) so am inclined to opt for it.
Old 17th October 2021, 09:28   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRaw View Post
Congrats buddy! Wishing you many happy miles!

Yes, the refinement for a diesel engine is something else in this vehicle. I'm a petrol-head but this car sold me on diesel refinement. Drivability was an aspect of diesel I always envied.

Did you get the optional variant? 7th airbag and door ajar lamps(front) still available?
Yes, fortunately, the 7th airbag is available in my car, but I guess mine is the last batch of manual W8 (O) to have 7th airbag since their official brochure is now clearly mentioning 7th airbag to be part of only W8(O) AMT. Sadly, door ajar lamps, as well as the rear reflector LEDs, are replaced with mere reflectors now.
Kshitin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 16:44   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
While i wait for my car - One question for people who already own it. IS the arm rest really useful? I've booked the W8 and it'll get one but in the test drive i tooK (also of the Nexon) - i found that only a very tall person with seat pushed far back could really use it. For people in the 5'.8" +-2 height range - its pretty useless.

The only useful arm rests really are the ones which are part of the seat back rest itself in cars like Marazzo or Scorpio (Aircraft like).

Also - the W8 will get black fabric seats. The dealer told me that they can get me the same beige seat cover (PU Leather) like the ones found in the top model W8(O) for Rs 7500/-. Any comments on the fit of these covers - i really like beige seats of W8(O) so am inclined to opt for it.
The armrest is very helpful. I am slightly less than 5'8'' but use the armrest every single time I drive.
Old 17th October 2021, 21:59   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitin View Post
Sadly, door ajar lamps, as well as the rear reflector LEDs, are replaced with mere reflectors now.
So, your car doesn't have door ajar lamps? Damn, I loved that feature

Off topic, I see a new thread (Now, Mahindra Marazzo suffers severe DPF issues) with a DPF issue for Marazzo. This is concerning since it shares the 1.5 diesel engine with XUV300.
Old 18th October 2021, 06:44   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post

I am about 5'10" myself, and my usual driving position is a bit laid-back.

But I use the armrest literally all the time. Even being able to rest your elbow makes a huge difference, which I pretty much always do. So to clarify, you can't rest your entire forearm on it. But you can comfortably park your elbow there and move it only for gearshifts, and that helps a lot.

I would strongly recommend against getting the PU leather ones. Those have no ventilation, and in peak mid-day heat, it starts to get uncomfortable. Driving with a sweaty back is annoying. I desperately want to get fabric seat covers, but since mine gets airbags there, I can't install any seat-covers.
ashishk29 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 09:59   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I would strongly recommend against getting the PU leather ones. Those have no ventilation, and in peak mid-day heat, it starts to get uncomfortable. Driving with a sweaty back is annoying. I desperately want to get fabric seat covers, but since mine gets airbags there, I can't install any seat-covers.
Thats valueable information. Guess will have to go for Turkish Towel fabric then. Will have to do some searching for that. I know a couple of tapestry guys who do this. Will post some pics here whenever i get that done.

Thank you
Old 20th October 2021, 08:58   #630
BHPian

Hi all,

Needed some inputs from everyone on the XUV3OO. I'm interested in the W8 (O) Diesel manual.

1. I found the clutch to be on the heavier side. Although it's typical of a diesel unit, is that the case with all XUV3OO? The reason why I ask this is because Nexon has super light clutch which is a delight to use in traffic.

2. Many have said that the lack of rear AC vent is not missed much since the main AC is powerful enough. Folks who are using the car in hot/humid places like Kerala, Mumbai, Chennai etc., have you ever felt the need of vents in the rear seat?

3. Realistically, how many bags can be put in the luggage? When I checked the car, visually it looks like it can pack maybe 4 cabin or 2 big suitcases along with some backpacks.

4. Are the rear disc brakes also fitted with ABS? Or is it only front disc brakes? I also found the bite to be a little soft, couldn't get much feedback but the car does slow down comfortably. Do others also feel the same?

Most Viewed