Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2021, 12:15   #676
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 5
Thanked: 4 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Did you bring this to the notice of the service center during the free services?

What did they say?
Before the first service, as was new to driving, thought of this behaviour as something related to my driving style. Planning to report this in the second scheduled service.
KVsidewinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:34   #677
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 30
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hi All,

Wanted your suggestion on Mahindra service centers in Bangalore. Which are the reliable ones and which are the ones we need to avoid? I stay in Whitefield area. Recently took delivery of XUV 300 W8 (O) Petrol AMT from India Garage. The sales experience has been ok ok but I am not sure on how their service center is.
amay1283 is online now  
Old 9th November 2021, 18:16   #678
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 86
Thanked: 243 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay1283 View Post
Hi All,

Wanted your suggestion on Mahindra service centers in Bangalore. Which are the reliable ones and which are the ones we need to avoid? I stay in Whitefield area. Recently took delivery of XUV 300 W8 (O) Petrol AMT from India Garage. The sales experience has been ok ok but I am not sure on how their service center is.
PPS has given me good experiences so far. There's one on Sarjapur Road which I went to for my first service a couple of months ago - the SA is a chap called Hariharan who's really helpful and responsible (better to call than WhatsApp) - but it's a long way from Whitefield.

There's a new PPS service center opposite the Elements Mall near Nagawara Jn. I haven't serviced the vehicle there yet, but I was happy with their investigation into fogging in my headlamps. More spacious place than the Sarjapur center.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 12:39   #679
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 267 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
PPS has given me good experiences so far. There's one on Sarjapur Road which I went to for my first service a couple of months ago - the SA is a chap called Hariharan who's really helpful and responsible (better to call than WhatsApp) - but it's a long way from Whitefield.

There's a new PPS service center opposite the Elements Mall near Nagawara Jn. I haven't serviced the vehicle there yet, but I was happy with their investigation into fogging in my headlamps. More spacious place than the Sarjapur center.
What a timing for me! I happen to cover 20k this week in Bangalore, and thought of asking the same question. Have booked an appointment with PPS near Adugodi. Looking at the service station reviews, I think there must be a customer service exec in PPS actively seeking 5 star reviews after the service to enhance their online presence. For example, the service center near Elements Mall has many reviews with same formatting! Now I have not come across such reviews at least for service stations. Will update tomorrow on my service.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 18:49   #680
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 195
Thanked: 288 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Guys, recently did an extensive Uttarakhand trip from and back to Pune. Have travelled consistently in elevations above 2500m to 3800m. Happy to report that not once did my Diesel BS6 AMT give any trouble related to DPF warning. In fact, now Im close to 7000 kms and have never seen any DPF warning. Even in Badrinath at 0C, the car started although it took 3 attempts. The coil symbol lights up for around 5 seconds only at startup but you have to cycle back to off and on for 4-5 times before attempting to crank. Thats all.

Im happy I can drive this car at high altitudes as well when there are so many scary posts about DPF issues at high altitudes. The only shame is the AMT which is really useless in the hills (found it very annoying having mind of its own sometimes eager to upshift and at times holding to 1st for too long), had to always use it in manual mode. Would have really shelled out a lac more if XUV300 was offered with proper AT.

Now I have full confidence in this car to even take it to Spiti. Kudos Mahindra for not letting DPF woes linger in this car.
jagzrk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 05:16   #681
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 503
Thanked: 695 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Im happy I can drive this car at high altitudes as well when there are so many scary posts about DPF issues at high altitudes. The only shame is the AMT which is really useless in the hills (found it very annoying having mind of its own sometimes eager to upshift and at times holding to 1st for too long), had to always use it in manual mode. Would have really shelled out a lac more if XUV300 was offered with proper AT.

Now I have full confidence in this car to even take it to Spiti. Kudos Mahindra for not letting DPF woes linger in this car.
Happy to hear your good experience! As I had previously hypothesised, DPF issues should be rare unless you are at super high altitudes, and driving at a sedate pace.

On a separate note, the other day I got a smashing 19.8kmpl FE on my office to home commute! I work at Hinjewadi, and Punekars here will know what that entails. Road works, metro construction, bad patches, 2 signals, and a flyover. And this is just the first 5km of the commute. I was completely blown away by a solid 19.8 figure! This means that for my commute of 11km, I used up just above half a liter of diesel equating to about 50rs. Can't get any cheaper than this!
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_8942.jpg

On another separate note, the more details I observe, the more this car impresses me. I noticed that there was thermocol/foam padding inside the front fenders! This probably would have been done in lieu of NVH improvement, but I genuinely am impressed at the level of finer work that Mahindra has done on this vehicle. Add to that the foam padding on the inside of the wheel well, and the foam padding inside the door panels, they really wanted to make the cabin as silent as possible. And the diesel does prove that this works.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_8944.jpg

In an era where car manufacturers are skipping even the under-hood cladding (cough cough Skoda/VW cough cough), Mahindra here padding out every panel possible to ensure passenger comfort.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 09:29   #682
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 67
Thanked: 48 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post

On another separate note, the more details I observe, the more this car impresses me. I noticed that there was thermocol/foam padding inside the front fenders! This probably would have been done in lieu of NVH improvement, but I genuinely am impressed at the level of finer work that Mahindra has done on this vehicle. Add to that the foam padding on the inside of the wheel well, and the foam padding inside the door panels, they really wanted to make the cabin as silent as possible. And the diesel does prove that this works.
Attachment 2231389

In an era where car manufacturers are skipping even the under-hood cladding (cough cough Skoda/VW cough cough), Mahindra here padding out every panel possible to ensure passenger comfort.
Yes - I got mine on the Diwali day 4th Nov (W8 Petrol) and saw this just a couple of days back. Impressed really.
mihir_m13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 19:00   #683
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 67
Thanked: 48 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hello,

Anybody got the XUV 300 W8 (O) like seat covers from Mahindra in their W8 or lower versions?

How is the fit and finish. Does it maintain the contours of the seats?



Will be very thankful if anyone can post pictures of the same.



THank you

Last edited by mihir_m13 : 13th November 2021 at 19:04.
mihir_m13 is online now  
Old 14th November 2021, 09:34   #684
BHPian
 
sunilsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Mohali
Posts: 252
Thanked: 169 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

I have bought a XUV 300 W8 O Diesel AMT. Can anyone recommend upgrade for fog lamp bulbs as on a recent drive did find them adequate? Also would upgrading the high beam to led results in a better visibility?
sunilsoft is offline  
Old 14th November 2021, 17:24   #685
BHPian
 
krishnakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Installed the safecams Y3S on my car.
Good camera. Worth the money.
Hi Ashish,

A few questions on this dashcam wiring. I have got a Viofo A129 and was planning to hook it up myself. Would be great if you can share insights!
  1. Can you tell me how the wiring was taken internally Especially around the A-pillars which have the airbags.
  2. For the rear camera is routing best done via the door sill or via the rooflining?
  3. How did you route the cable to the rear camera finally around the boot door? Did you leave the wire open with slack or routed it through cable sleeve?
  4. Can you tell me what's the type of fuse we have in XUV3OO?

Thanks in advance!
krishnakumar is offline  
Old 14th November 2021, 18:24   #686
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 503
Thanked: 695 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hi Ashish,

A few questions on this dashcam wiring. I have got a Viofo A129 and was planning to hook it up myself. Would be great if you can share insights!
  1. Can you tell me how the wiring was taken internally Especially around the A-pillars which have the airbags.
  2. For the rear camera is routing best done via the door sill or via the rooflining?
  3. How did you route the cable to the rear camera finally around the boot door? Did you leave the wire open with slack or routed it through cable sleeve?
  4. Can you tell me what's the type of fuse we have in XUV3OO?

Thanks in advance!
  • So I checked the manual for details on the airbags, and it seems like they are installed at the very top of the door sills. So the wiring was done at the bottom edge of door sills. The installing guys assured me that this wouldn't be a hindrance to the airbag itself.
  • Also it was then that I discovered the "Airbag" placards on the pillars don't actually have airbags inside, but are place-holders/markers that hold a screw for the liner.
  • I considered the roof-lining, but it would've been an equal hassle what with the sunroof up top.
  • Above all this, the airbags are designed to burst open by breaking through the entire lining on that side. I hardly think a wire is going to stop that.
  • The wire is open with some slack. There is some spare wire spooled around near the fuse box.
  • As for the boot door, the wire was routed at the very center of the rear roof lining, and a small piece of wire left exposed in order to allow for expansion when the boot door is opened.
  • Not sure what you mean by fuse type?

Name:  side_aribag.png
Views: 689
Size:  77.7 KB
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 21:17   #687
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 267 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
So some small updates on the vehicle overall.

First off, got some blindspot mirrors, and macguyvered the one on the right because Mr. DIY store somehow only had a LHS one in stock.

Attachment 2223373
Attachment 2223374
Attachment 2223375

The view is now fantastic. Especially on the left side, where the 2 split mirrors allow me to keep an eye on the blindspot, as well as look at the ground near the wheel where I'm parking.

On a different note, a very minor issue after the latest head unit upgrade:

The reverse camera has very imbalanced brightness every first instance I use it since starting up the car.
Attachment 2223376

This was after I disengaged R, slotted into neutral, and slotted back into R. The picture is much clearer, or rather it's normal now. This is how it originally looked before the upgrade as well.
Attachment 2223377

This seems to be a minor software issue, and I will be sending this feedback to the service advisor as well.
So i did my service last Thursday and the reverse camera flashing was done. And i am facing this issue of camera going rich on brightness as you mentioned. Were you able to fix it? Also one more software issue that i noted: I've disabled all welcome sounds and reverse camera voice guidance. After the service I'm not able to disable the welcome chime and goodbye chime. Earlier I had turned off welcome sound option which disabled all these chimes. Now this option turns off only the Mahindra rise sound. Any ideas?

By the way, I did my 20k service in PPS Anepalya, which had good rating in Google. But my experience was just average.

Last edited by Goandiaries : 14th November 2021 at 21:23. Reason: Added a note on service.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 21:46   #688
BHPian
 
krishnakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
So I checked the manual for details on the airbags, and it seems like they are installed at the very top of the door sills. So the wiring was done at the bottom edge of door sills. The installing guys assured me that this wouldn't be a hindrance to the airbag itself.
Thanks Ashish!

While routing through the bottom edge of the door sill, how did you finally take it up to the roof in the boot? Was it taken to the top via the c-pillar? I wasn't sure on how to get this done and hence considered the top edge (what I meant by the roofliner). You're right that the wiring itself will not stop the airbag since it can punch through the tight fitting plastics itself

If possible, could you please share pictures of the wiring job if you had taken them while fitting?

Last edited by krishnakumar : 14th November 2021 at 21:48.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 07:33   #689
BHPian
 
ashishk29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 503
Thanked: 695 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Thanks Ashish!

While routing through the bottom edge of the door sill, how did you finally take it up to the roof in the boot? Was it taken to the top via the c-pillar? I wasn't sure on how to get this done and hence considered the top edge (what I meant by the roofliner). You're right that the wiring itself will not stop the airbag since it can punch through the tight fitting plastics itself

If possible, could you please share pictures of the wiring job if you had taken them while fitting?
Name:  Inkedthequint_201901_3f97464be9194dd4b4b020b8f56e06fd_WhatsApp_Image_2019_01_26_at_21_29_54_LI.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  1.82 MB

This is how it is roughly done. The wire comes through the pillar, all the way to the center of the roof lining at the very rear end. And from the edge of there, a small piece of hanging/extended wire to the boot lid where the camera is attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
So i did my service last Thursday and the reverse camera flashing was done. And i am facing this issue of camera going rich on brightness as you mentioned. Were you able to fix it? Also one more software issue that i noted: I've disabled all welcome sounds and reverse camera voice guidance. After the service I'm not able to disable the welcome chime and goodbye chime. Earlier I had turned off welcome sound option which disabled all these chimes. Now this option turns off only the Mahindra rise sound. Any ideas?
I didn't find a way to fix it. I currently just put it in R, back to neutral, and back to R. I am going to show this the next time I go to the service.

Although I was able to disable welcome sound etc normally like I had before. I didn't face that issue.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 21:02   #690
BHPian
 
krishnakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 423
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hi all,

I'm facing a niggle with Bluetooth in my new XUV3OO.

So the way it presents itself is as below:
  1. The bluetooth discoverability of ICE goes randomly off at times; that is, "Mahindra" doesn't show up on any phone or other devices while searching for it. Even if we try to connect to "Mahindra" using the option under 'Previously Connected Devices', it doesn't connect.
  2. The bluetooth doesn't go off once a connection is established. That is, let's say the Bluetooth worked and I was able to connect it to my phone, during the entirety of that drive the connection doesn't fail.
  3. The bluetooth bug doesn't repeat systematically as mentioned in point 1. That is, not every time it goes off while restarting the car. Sometimes it goes off, sometimes it works just fine and connects automatically. I'd say the event happens with a 40% failure rate, roughly.
  4. Needless to say, since Bluetooth fails, Android Auto also doesn't connect during this time. The phone just charges during this time. The phone also doesn't provide any alert.
  5. During the events when bluetooth does fail, I tried toggling the bluetooth on/off in the ICE (via the 'Connectivity' settings) to see if it gets retriggered, but NADA!
  6. Once the bug presents itself, restarting the car also doesn't work.
  7. As mentioned in point 6, once the bluetooth fails the only way to get it working is by reseting the ICE. No other method seems to reinstate Bluetooth. Tried restarting the car, toggling bluetooth on/off, turned on/off the ICE etc. Nothing.

Needless to say, the problem only presents randomly so I had a tough time convincing the service center guys. I took it to the service center and would you be surprised if I said the bloody car decided to work just fine despite trying my best to replicate it by turning the engine off multiple times. Nope. Worked just fine. I insisted on flashing the system even though they said the firmware is the latest. They obliged and did a flash. It worked fine again and I departed.

The moment I reached home, the bugger was back. Reset the system and it worked fine. We were on a 750km trip last weekend and through the trip, the bug presented itself 3 times.

Thankfully, I have video of when this happens. But still, the service center guys seem to be a bit clueless.

Can someone please tell me if they faced anything similar? What can be causing this? I have not fit any additional accessory that should possibly tamper with this. Also, the problem came on the very same day of delivery. We did test for this specifically during the PDI at stockyard and it was all working fine. Even at the time of delivery it worked fine. It was only after we stopped for lunch and took it again later it failed. So there was no way we could have figured this out before taking delivery.

Without bluetooth (and by virtue of that, the lack of Android Auto) the ICE is pretty much useless for me. And resetting the system everytime is not an option at all. I'm very VERY frustrated!!

Last edited by krishnakumar : 15th November 2021 at 21:06.
krishnakumar is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks