Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2021, 13:19   #706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
My xuv300 D covered 28K KM and am getting some noise from dashboard. It gets prominent on bad/rough roads and the noise is continuous "chu chu chu' type. Anyone else is getting the dashboard rattle noise?

I am not able to find the exact root cause for this. Anyone knows from where this noise is from and what is the fix?

Also did anybody try aftermarket fully synthetic engine oil for Diesel xuv300? My car is up for 4th service and I feel the OEM engine oil is good for only 7 to 8k KM. Beyond that you feel higher engine noise, diesel clatter prominently. Not sure why Mahindra is fine for 20k oil change interval.
Sir, I cant find an extremely shocked emoji, but please understand my sentiments. The recommended Oil change interval is 10K kms as per the manual LINK on page 21.
Please consider changing the engine oil immediately, maybe that noise is related to engine starin, and might go away.
Old 28th November 2021, 14:11   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Please consider changing the engine oil immediately, maybe that noise is related to engine starin, and might go away.
Thanks for the concern. During 3rd service at 20k, SA informed oil change not required however I insisted to change the oil & filter. I always stick to 1yr or 10k whichever is earlier method for oil change. But if you read the manual carefully you see they mention 1yr or 20k whichever is earlier.

Please see Mahindra estimated service cost for 20k from with you hamesha app. The oil change is not there.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20211128140926_with-you-hamesha.jpg  

Old 28th November 2021, 14:43   #708
BHPian

Quote:
My xuv300 D covered 28K KM and am getting some noise from dashboard. It gets prominent on bad/rough roads and the noise is continuous "chu chu chu' type. Anyone else is getting the dashboard rattle noise?

I am not able to find the exact root cause for this. Anyone knows from where this noise is from and what is the fix?

Also did anybody try aftermarket fully synthetic engine oil for Diesel xuv300? My car is up for 4th service and I feel the OEM engine oil is good for only 7 to 8k KM. Beyond that you feel higher engine noise, diesel clatter prominently. Not sure why Mahindra is fine for 20k oil change interval.
About that whistling type noise: I remember a batch of diesel 300 having a recall to do with an intercooler pipe/hose, and a member having faced similar issues.
I don't think oil would be the issue here.
Do get in touch with your service center, and ask them if this vehicle could also have the same intercooler hose issue.
Old 28th November 2021, 15:01   #709
BHPian

Quote:

I am not able to find the exact root cause for this. Anyone knows from where this noise is from and what is the fix?.
That dashboard noise was a common issue. Tell your SA to check with Mahindra. They'll take off the dashboard and apply some tape around the dashboard mounts. It won't occur again after this.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 16:03   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
About that whistling type noise: I remember a batch of diesel 300 having a recall to do with an intercooler pipe/hose, and a member having faced similar issues.
I don't think its intercooler hose related. It is a rattle noise from dashboard. The intercooler hose recall is for BS6 Diesels mine is BS4 2019 one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I don't think oil would be the issue here.
Do get in touch with your service center, and ask them if this vehicle could also have the same intercooler hose issue.
Am talking about 2 different items here. 1. Dashboard rattle. 2. Engine oil replacement interval.

Last edited by Kashi053 : 28th November 2021 at 16:22.
Kashi053 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 19:25   #711

Quote:
I don't think its intercooler hose related. It is a rattle noise from dashboard.
I was facing rattle noise before my 1k service and identified the source. I thought it was coming from the dashboard but it was from IRVM. I got to know that it's a known issue for XUV300 and got that fixed in my first service.

Now I'm at 4k kms and started hearing differed kind of rattling noise (chu chu) and identified the source as grab handle from passenger door. I'm yet to get that fixed.

You may try touching these 2 sources when the rattling noise is coming and if the noise stops then that is causing noise.
gaurav9991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 18:14   #712
Senior - BHPian

Gave my beast for the first 10K service. The overall experience was just awesome. I have told this earlier, M&M has improved by miles in terms of customer satisfaction. The VVC center at Nizampet, Hyd is close to my house and I prefer it for any queries or service. Booked my slot on the 'With You Hamesha' app 2 days prior. Right from creating the job card to getting the car fully ready, the process was handled very professionally.

One important point to note, while I was in the waiting lounge, I was told that there is a recall for a particular reverse cam error for my batch of cars (Nov 2020 - Feb 2021). I tried to ask for more details but could not get a detailed response. They said that they would check the wiring and the possible error while engaging reverse gear (apparently some users have complained of the screen going blank or showing a '?' mark). The overall process took around 30 mins I guess. They checked the wiring and plugged a laptop too. I did not go into the service bay as customers are generally not allowed. I was told later that my car did not display any signs of the fault and hence it is fine. I was billed around 2800/-. I asked the service advisor about any oil preferences, he clearly mentioned that oil to be used is Maximile Ultra (4 litres).

I also opted for dash mats which looked cool (cost around 556/-). The fit is overall fine, I wouldn't say they are awesome, they are satisfactory. They fit fine in the door pockets and the cup holders.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-dashmats.jpg  

Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:24   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I also opted for dash mats which looked cool (cost around 556/-). The fit is overall fine, I wouldn't say they are awesome, they are satisfactory. They fit fine in the door pockets and the cup holders.
Like this - but i did this myself at home - used EPE Foam in the doors and groove in the centre. For the front above the glove compartment - had a vinyl sheet at home - cut it to the exact shape and put it. Servers the purpose fine.
mihir_m13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 11:16   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Like this - but i did this myself at home - used EPE Foam in the doors and groove in the centre. For the front above the glove compartment - had a vinyl sheet at home - cut it to the exact shape and put it. Servers the purpose fine.
I did think of doing it myself too. I had 3M door mats installed and had left over pieces that were cut pretty well. The height looked a little more for cup holders and also the cups would be moving when it gets installed. Did not want to take this accessory too but the center cup holders are gaining dust, thought these will help a little. So, what am I doing with the neatly cut 3M mats? They are serving very well as support for my washing machine stand. While the LG machine goes to spin, it moves violently and tends to change place too. I kept 4 pieces under the stand and now the machine is silent and doesn't move an inch!
Old 6th December 2021, 23:28   #715
BHPian

I am planning to book the XU3OO W8 (O) Petrol MT (Bhubaneswar, Odisha).

primary differences in price compared to the quotes posted in this forum in Oct 2021
  • Dec offer of about 19k in accessories, but outside that no reduction on prices. Bit surprising, even with the chip shortage. But I guess everybody has met their quota and don't care that much.
    have to think about what accessories would be good to get. any tips here guys?
  • Mahindra finance is offering a 7.2% interest loan with processing fees of 4k. i had checked online and the best offers are marginally better (7% loan and upto zero processing). will still shop around.
The dealers are as expected, likely sneaky with their charges.
- Both dealers in the area quoted a 4720 incidental charges. i did some check and there are posts around how these have been declared illegal in consumer courts.
- about 3000 added to registration (excl the RTO tax of 10%) without any breakdown
- insurance was as expected was quoted as 45k, whereas online insurance are at 28k. so going to take the online one. Thanks to all BHPians who contributed this info
- haven't been quoted on the extended warranties. will take the one through the Mahindra app as one of the BHPian recommended.

The dealer has a red unit in stock. the SA claims that it is an Oct made which a buyer cancelled because he now wanted a Red Dual tone. I don't trust the SA, but from what I have read on this forum, it happens. I am going to check VIN for the manuf date anyway. plus do a PDI as per the team-bhp PDI checklist.

If there are any last minute advises, tips from forum members - please do share.
Old 7th December 2021, 08:56   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitmonty View Post
I am planning to book the XU3OO W8 (O) Petrol MT (Bhubaneswar, Odisha).

primary differences in price compared to the quotes posted in this forum in Oct 2021
  • Dec offer of about 19k in accessories, but outside that no reduction on prices. Bit surprising, even with the chip shortage. But I guess everybody has met their quota and don't care that much.
    have to think about what accessories would be good to get. any tips here guys?
  • Mahindra finance is offering a 7.2% interest loan with processing fees of 4k. i had checked online and the best offers are marginally better (7% loan and upto zero processing). will still shop around.
The dealers are as expected, likely sneaky with their charges.
- Both dealers in the area quoted a 4720 incidental charges. i did some check and there are posts around how these have been declared illegal in consumer courts.
- about 3000 added to registration (excl the RTO tax of 10%) without any breakdown
- insurance was as expected was quoted as 45k, whereas online insurance are at 28k. so going to take the online one. Thanks to all BHPians who contributed this info
- haven't been quoted on the extended warranties. will take the one through the Mahindra app as one of the BHPian recommended.

The dealer has a red unit in stock. the SA claims that it is an Oct made which a buyer cancelled because he now wanted a Red Dual tone. I don't trust the SA, but from what I have read on this forum, it happens. I am going to check VIN for the manuf date anyway. plus do a PDI as per the team-bhp PDI checklist.

If there are any last minute advises, tips from forum members - please do share.
If you can - just wait for a month or a little more and get one manufactured in 2022. From the perspective of resale value - there'll be a slight benefit in the long term.

As for accessories - since you're going in for the top model - its pretty loaded - so all you need i guess is the rear parcel tray, mud flaps (get original Mahindra ones - i got both for a total of Rs 2000/- last month)
and floor mats. 7d floor mats from the market will cost you between 3-4K.

You may want to purchase rubber mats for the boot floor - can easily get it after market.

As for insurance - it can easily come down to Rs 30K. They may not match the exact online price but can come close - so IF it does come close to that amount - go for the insurance from the dealer rather than online - in the unfortunate case of an accident it'll made the dealings easy.

For Loan - i got 6.85% for Rs 4L loan from Bank of India + Rs 2700 processing and other charges - all arranged by the dealer.

The incidental charges even i've heard are illegal - but that really depends on your bargaining skill.

As for the RTO charges - make sure - you get all the original RTO receipts. You'll have to push the dealer for the same. Once i got mine - i saw a difference of Rs 1500 and got the dealer to refund that amount.
Old 7th December 2021, 11:34   #717
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs Mihir.

Quote:
If you can - just wait for a month or a little more and get one manufactured in 2022. From the perspective of resale value - there'll be a slight benefit in the long term.
I normally keep my vehicles 7-10 years, and 1 year difference in manufacturing and i was aware of this resale value drop. but thought a 20k discount is worth it. plus likely Mahindra will raise prices in Jan again.
but then I thought let's see how much is the resale drop. Turns out, that keeping everything same, the value drop is on an average 57k for each passing year. so now, i have to rethink the 20k savings aspect

Name:  priceresalevaluechangemanufacturing year.png
Views: 1983
Size:  20.6 KB

Quote:
the rear parcel tray, mud flaps (get original Mahindra ones - i got both for a total of Rs 2000/- last month)
and floor mats. 7d floor mats from the market will cost you between 3-4K.
You may want to purchase rubber mats for the boot floor - can easily get it after market.
great input. I had the mud flaps, tray in my list. the 7d floor mats - is a bit confusing. too many types with different materials. boot floor mats for sure. did you get the magnetic roll up sun shades?

Quote:
it does come close to that amount - go for the insurance from the dealer rather than online - in the unfortunate case of an accident it'll made the dealings easy.
this is where I am not clear. how would dealer help in an accident? and I am genuinely curious. since, the insurance inspector, not related to the dealer, will assess. the repair shops we will pick with google recommendation anyway. so am not sure there is a real advantage.

Quote:
For Loan - i got 6.85% for Rs 4L loan from Bank of India + Rs 2700 processing and other charges - all arranged by the dealer.
I have my own business, and have to buy it in company name. Since I only have 3 years history, I still have to talk and find out if regular banks will do that.

Quote:
The incidental charges even i've heard are illegal - but that really depends on your bargaining skill.
had a talk with the sales guy and nicely told him that it is an illegal charge, and now that I have notified them, if they still charge it, it will be a clear fraud case. it's a waste of time for me to run around consumer courts and you ending up with a 1L penalty. let's save both of us the pain for a measly 5k amount, when I am buying a 14L car. That did the job

Quote:
As for the RTO charges - make sure - you get all the original RTO receipts. You'll have to push the dealer for the same. Once i got mine - i saw a difference of Rs 1500 and got the dealer to refund that amount.
the sales agent now offered the same and since I had already read your comment, I agreed to it immediately. thanks for sharing this.
asitmonty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 16:07   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitmonty View Post
Thanks for your inputs Mihir.

great input. I had the mud flaps, tray in my list. the 7d floor mats - is a bit confusing. too many types with different materials. boot floor mats for sure. did you get the magnetic roll up sun shades?
Am in 2 minds about the sunshades. Might get the windows tinted - had done that on my swift and didn't face any problem with that - with the traffic police i mean. But they do haress you when you travel to another state so am not sure i'll put them again. I have the older non-magnetic shades which don't stick anymore cos the rubber has become hard but i manage by pushing them between the glass and the bidding - works fine.

On highway trips - sometimes we just fix a napkin in the window

The 7D mats really look good and keep the floor clean. Don't buy online - check it out in a shop and you'll get an idea.
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 08:07   #719
BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9610.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9618.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9787.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9788.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9801.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9802.jpg

Did a Pune-Goa-Pune trip with a colleague and fellow 300 owner. Both of us W8(o) manual, only difference being mine is a diesel, and his was a petrol. Fun times.

Also had an opportunity to drive the petrol for a bit. Man that 200Nm packs a punch! It is very sprightly for a petrol. The acceleration is far more linear than the diesel, and low speed drivability is also pretty good. Refinement absolutely top notch, especially considering it's a 1.2 3 pot.

My only nitpick being that I didn't enjoy the engine note all that much, given it's a 3cyl engine. But still, it's good fun for sure.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 17:07   #720
BHPian

Hey XUV300 owners,

I'm facing a few bugs/quirks so to speak and wanted to know if this is a common problem:

1. Bluetooth Bug:

There is some bug with the Bluetooth and would not connect with the phone randomly. I had posted regarding this earlier on this thread (Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review). This randomness doesn't occur while it is operational. It only surfaces randomly whenever the ICE reboots itself. I tried reproducing this issue at the service center twice, on two separate visits, but it is just so random so the effort went in vain. The technical manager said that it has been widely reported and a new software update is coming which should fix it. Have others faced this error?

2. Rear Wiper/Washer Quirk
This a rather annoying quirk I noticed with the rear wiper/washer and I suspect it's the BS6 models which have this behavior. The washer spray is slightly delayed which means that the wiper is already half way past by the time the water is sprayed down. What this means is that when the wiper comes back, it just cleans the water off the windshield without using it to clean. More like a double whammy. What's interesting is that at the service center there were 2 other XUV300s. The BS4 one was calibrated perfectly, the water spray would turn on first and then the wiper starts moving so that water is perfectly scooped up to wipe the windshield. Whereas, in the BS6 models (including mine) the wiper would move past.

Note: It is unclear if the difference is due to models being BS4 vs. BS6. Logically it doesn't make sense, however, that's the only difference that the technical manager could point fingers to.

Please see the video below:

Video of the washer wiper working properly - it's a BS4 variant as per the SA

Video of the washer wiper working properly - it's a BS6 variant as per the SA. My car's rear washer wiper works exactly like below which just seems so dumb.

3. Oversteer on rumble strips
I have noticed a particularly surprising behavior in the XUV300 (and potentially risky as well). If we turn the car on rumble strips, the car has terrible oversteer and in many cases I believe it's the ESP that's keeping it pointed straight. I have reproduced this multiple times now to say that this is definitely a behavior and not a random event. It occurs even at speeds of 40kmph, so definitely not high-speed induced. Are others also facing this? What could be the reason for this?

4. Extremely sensitive cold brakes?
The brakes are extremely sensitive during the initial 5-10mins of drive (from a cold start). Even small, light inputs to the brake brings the car to a sudden halt and causes whiplash. Couple of times it was so hard that my wife got sore because of the belt restraining her. Is this behavior normal? I have definitely not seen this with other cars.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 9th December 2021 at 17:17. Reason: typos, formatting and some more details
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks