Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 12:27   #901

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Fellow BHPians and Cheetah owners - can someone please confirm if you feel that FM Radio reception isnt good in your vehicles?

I am facing this issue where fm transmission keeps getting muffled. Same place & same stations, Nexon and big brother xuv500 have zero issues.

Wondering what could be the issue?
Old 14th September 2022, 15:50   #902

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I went ahead with [url="https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08943YB1C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Philips x-treme vision G-force[/
Hello again,

I spoke to the sales lady at car cupid. She seems hell bent on installing HIDs and LEDs in my car. I am now thinking of ordering the bulbs online from boodmo and installing them myself. Is the H7 your the only factor to be considered or the dimensions will also affect? Please let me know. Thanks in advance..
Old 16th September 2022, 14:26   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_s74 View Post
Hello again,

I spoke to the sales lady at car cupid. She seems hell bent on installing HIDs and LEDs in my car. I am now thinking of ordering the bulbs online from boodmo and installing them myself. Is the H7 your the only factor to be considered or the dimensions will also affect? Please let me know. Thanks in advance..
Yeah they tend to push for HID and LED since they have better margins. I specifically pushed them that I want halogens for the lower beam and LED for the upper.

H7/H1 etc are fitment standards. So they will have the exact dimensions in terms of fitting. The only factor you need to check is they should be 55/60W rated. You can also order from Amazon. Boodmo usually/mainly only stocks OEM parts. Which you already have.
Old 21st September 2022, 00:07   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

A service alert has been sent for all XUV300s - petrol and diesel - for clutch disc assembly change. Also, get your steeds checked for AC gas leakage from the CV core hose assembly too at your nearest Mahindra service center.

For BS6 XUV300s, the temperature sensor T3 spare part has been officially discontinued.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 00:46   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A service alert has been sent for all XUV300s - petrol and diesel - for clutch disc assembly change. Also, get your steeds checked for AC gas leakage from the CV core hose assembly too at your nearest Mahindra service center.

For BS6 XUV300s, the temperature sensor T3 spare part has been officially discontinued.
I checked the service action section on Mahindra's website with my VIN and found no service action due.
I'll check with my local service center
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 08:50   #906

Quote:
I am now thinking of ordering the bulbs online from boodmo and installing them myself.
I recently upgraded lights in my W8 for both high and low beam. I consulted with a few car accessory shops and everyone suggested either HIDs or 130 W LEDs which were costing anywhere north of ~13K (and these were all Chinese brands). After much research, I finally decided to go ahead with Osram 12V/25W LEDs for both high and low beams. Ordered the H7 and H1 pair online from Planet Car Care and got it for a total of 6600. It was pretty easy to install the LEDs by myself. H7 is simple plug and play, for H1 you would need to use a tape to make sure that the earthing is in contact with the housing. Overall it's quite easy to install and I'm pretty satisfied with the performance for the price I paid.
RahulC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 10:12   #907

Kindly enlighten me: once the dust caps are sealed, the LED fans will be able to circulate only the air which is inside the headlamp assembly. Will this cause any cooling issues..
Old 25th September 2022, 12:01   #908

I don't think that should be an issue...if the housing can accommodate the regular halogen bulbs which get extensively hotter, the LEDs should work absolutely fine as they don't heat up as much.
Old 26th September 2022, 00:12   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A service alert has been sent for all XUV300s - petrol and diesel - for clutch disc assembly change.
Thanks for the update. I wonder if they have a service alert for Marazzo as well.
My Marazzo developed clutch judder in first gear inspite of just 8500 km of very careful usage.
Marazzo and XUV300 have exactly the same clutch set.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 07:56   #910
BHPian

I have a W6 with upgraded headlamps (H4 100/90) but the field of vision still seems to be too narrow to be confidence-inspiring, especially during cornering. I have bright foglamps, but these are not on all the time.
I'm now considering getting the official DRLs to give me that additional cornering light. Is that a good idea?
Old 27th September 2022, 23:39   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulC View Post
I don't think that should be an issue...if the housing can accommodate the regular halogen bulbs which get extensively hotter, the LEDs should work absolutely fine as they don't heat up as much.
In the long run it may develop problems because fans are needed to cool the LEDs. Blocking the fans will negate cooling. Non fitment of dust caps may make the reflectors/transparent covers dirty with dust particles build-up. LEDs appear much sensitive to heat build-up hence cooling fans or heatsinks are required. LEDs may emit significant amount of heat as experienced from my 2022 Baleno Alpha. Halogen bulbs though emit heat, cooling fans are not required as they can withstand heat better. Only experience can tell whether dust cap fitment affects longevity/performance of LEDs or not. One of the reasons that I went for the Baleno is its factory fitted LED headlights. No headache!

Last edited by Fastdriver : 27th September 2022 at 23:46.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:19   #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
Blocking the fans will negate cooling.
I think 99% of the cars have LED headlights fitted within the housing (with dust caps on), and almost all of them have a fan as heat sink so they must have figured out the design pretty well. Also it depends on the wattage of the lights; if you go with a 130W LED it may heat up considerably more than a 25W LED and may cause problems in the long term.

Generally the body of the LED is a good indicator of heat dissipation; if you see the anodized layer fading away, it's an indicator of heat building up. However, i don't have prior experience of using LEDs in my car so only time will tell how this experiment turns out
Old 28th September 2022, 10:34   #913

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Is that a good idea?
It may improve the visibility marginally but I don't think the DRLs are powerful enough to solve your problem (especially for the price that you'd be paying). You need a wider beam pattern and I don't know what's a good solve for it (try comparing with a projector setup and switch to it if you feel it's worth it?).
Old 29th September 2022, 11:21   #914
BHPian

Test drove the Scorpio-N (diesel-manual) the other day. (My thoughts (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review), in case anyone's interested)

But my biggest observation was that the 3OO diesel is way more refined than the scorpio-n. Mahindra really took their time and effort with the 3OO it seems. After returning to my car, the longer gear-shifts felt a bit annoying for a few seconds, but the smoother engine immediately made me feel at home.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 11:43   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Kindly enlighten me: once the dust caps are sealed, the LED fans will be able to circulate only the air which is inside the headlamp assembly. Will this cause any cooling issues..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
In the long run it may develop problems because fans are needed to cool the LEDs. Blocking the fans will negate cooling. Non fitment of dust caps may make the reflectors/transparent covers dirty with dust particles build-up. LEDs appear much sensitive to heat build-up hence cooling fans or heatsinks are required. LEDs may emit significant amount of heat as experienced from my 2022 Baleno Alpha. Halogen bulbs though emit heat, cooling fans are not required as they can withstand heat better. Only experience can tell whether dust cap fitment affects longevity/performance of LEDs or not. One of the reasons that I went for the Baleno is its factory fitted LED headlights. No headache!
I would like to add here that the headlight bulb compartments have a LOT of volume on the inside. So even with the dust cap on, it's not a small space. It's quite a big space with enough room inside.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4899.jpg

This is the lower beam side, but the upper beam compartment also has similar space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks