Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2023, 07:42   #1021
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I have personally used my Diesel 3OO extensively in city traffic, in bumper-to-bumper traffic, heck I've even sat in the car idling for like half an hour a couple of times while waiting for my better half (summer evenings. Couldn't bear sitting outside).
Hope it stays the same way!

But what’s your distance of commute? My usage was extremely short as well, maybe 3km or less during that period.

Trying to see what the pattern is.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th March 2023 at 17:22. Reason: Quote trimmed.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 07:58   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
But what’s your distance of commute? My usage was extremely short as well, maybe 3km or less during that period.
Oh my commute is ~11km one way. So my daily run is ~22km through city traffic.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th March 2023 at 17:22. Reason: Quote trimmed.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 17:02   #1023

Quote:
b) There is some discussion here surrounding headlights. I've personally gotten Philips extreme vision in the low, and TVS LEDs in the high beam.
Hi ashihsk29,

In an earlier post you have mentioned using Osram Nightbreaker Laser H7 for your low beam projector. Seems Philips extreme is your next bulb.
Could you please share your experience with both of them. How was the life of Osram one and why didn't you choose it again?

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 15th March 2023 at 17:23. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 16th March 2023, 10:55   #1024
BHPian

50,000 km in 2 years with a XUV 300 W8Opt MT Diesel

Having run 30,000 km in July (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5363069 (Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review)) and 40,000 km in November, the vehicle crossed 50,000 km just before the 2 year mark. When I first bought it in March '21, I had apprehensions about buying a Mahindra and my first diesel car. My trusted mechanic who did the PDI and drove for 20 km before delivery told me this will just keep on running.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20230312_1742002.jpg

Having upgraded the speakers, it was pure bliss driving.

The 3 point seat belt having been installed earlier there was still one thing bugging me, which was the r 16 spare tyre. I ordered a r 17 steel rim from Boodmo and they delivered the correct size at the 3rd attempt. As I had changed the tyres to Conti at 20000 km, I fit the old MRF Ecotred to the new rim. The fit was very snug, and one has to put down the back seat to slide it in and was able to fit the boot floor at the lower level without problems.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-2image.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20221017_132534.jpg
My daily running is 14 km and I like to get out on Saturday evening after work with my wife after work, usually to Trichy or Pondy, at least once a fortnight.

I've taken it to a resort past Nagercoil, a drive of 650 km one way, and the long drives leave you without any tiredness.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-1image.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20221023_180329.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20221023_102924.jpg

Recently did a 5700 km road trip touching 8 states and I had the chance to sit in the back seat while my friend drove for a few hours and I found it extremely comfortable and the AC also was adequate. I hope to write about this sometime.

I had 2 punctures so far, thankfully not at the sidewall.

With this running, I'm glad I invested in a diesel and the Mahindra continues to thrill.

Last edited by Duckdoc : 16th March 2023 at 11:05.
Duckdoc is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 18:07   #1025

Hey guys!

Quick updates.

Completed 15k kms over the last 10 months. Happy to report that there were no issues with the car so far. Not even a puncture for that matter (touchwood) haha. The overall experience so far has been epic.

While the car/product from Mahindra has been top notch, I've had mixed feelings when it comes to Mahindra SVCs. FYI I purchased the car and did my first service in Mumbai (Randhawa Motors) and then had to move my base to Bangalore.

I did my 1st paid service (10k kms from) from Mahindra India Garage - ITPL, Bangalore. The car was delivered by 7 pm in complete darkness and this resulted in not being able to see the mess they had done to the inside of my car. To my horror, the next day I saw dirt stains all over the dashboard, side door upholstery and sunroof panel. It was pretty obvious that the mechanic who was working on the car either did not work with proper gloves or had extremely dirty hands! Something you would expect from a road side garage and not from a reputed luxury SUV brand.

Sadly when reported to the SVC SM (Mr. Niranjan), there was a deaf silence. I finally got a response from him after 1.5 months that too after pestering him with calls/Whatsapp over that period. I was adamant that they acknowledge this.

I am now planning to give my car at Anant Cars, Marathahalli for all future service/ quick work. Kindly let me know in case any of you guys have given it there. I am not sure which Mahindra SVC would be the best option for me since I stay in Whitefield.

Upgrade - Replaced both my headlights. Low beam with a Aozoom HID setup (4300k) and high beam with DHC Pro LED (4300k). I can now drive at night without any nightmares without blinding anyone. Attaching the pic for reference)

I'll be happy to catch up with folks staying in/around Whitefield, Bangalore for a cup of hot chai/kaapi
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-scarlett.jpeg  

naveenvadakan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 19:32   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
Could you please share your experience with both of them. How was the life of Osram one and why didn't you choose it again?

Thanks!
Osram was slightly brighter, but lasted very little. It lasted just over a year.
I checked out the reviews, and lifetime ratings for the Philips, and it had a significantly longer rating, hence Philips.

For Osram, the added brightness over the philips equivalent is not worth having to change the bulb ~every year.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 20:35   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
Hey guys!

I did my 1st paid service (10k kms from) from Mahindra India Garage - ITPL, Bangalore. The car was delivered by 7 pm in complete darkness and this resulted in not being able to see the mess they had done to the inside of my car. To my horror, the next day I saw dirt stains all over the dashboard, side door upholstery and sunroof panel.
I am now planning to give my car at Anant Cars, Marathahalli for all future service/ quick work. Kindly let me know in case any of you guys have given it there. I am not sure which Mahindra SVC would be the best option for me since I stay in Whitefield.

I'll be happy to catch up with folks staying in/around Whitefield, Bangalore for a cup of hot chai/kaapi
Having tried both India Garage and PPS (The dealer from whom I bought the car), I'd recommend PPS Thanisandra. It's a half hour drive away from the India Garage workshop, but they've usually been better, cleaner and faster in my experience. You can DM if you want my SA's contact number.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 23:06   #1028
BHPian

Well, it seems that headlight upgrades are a recurring theme in this thread. This time, I'm the one looking for some headlights for the XUV 3OO. There are some basic requirements that shouldn't be too hard to meet.

Criteria

1. LEDs with a colour temperature of 6000k.
2. Plug and play installation. Must not void warranty.
3. Must be from a reputed brand.
4. Noticeable improvement required. (Duh)

Now, with the criteria listed out, let me explain the reasoning behind them.

1. The bulbs for all the lights (Low beam, High beam and fog lamps) must be LED. I understand that the LED is the only bulb that can produce the bright white light that I require for both safety and aesthetic reasons without breaking the bank. The temperature must be 6000k for partly aesthetics and mostly safety. Halogens are amber and I feel that they cannot mimic the daylight effect that LEDs produce.

2. The 2nd point is obvious, the car is just a year old (Review might be coming) and we have the 4th or 5th (can't remember) year extended warranty package.

3. Multiple trips to multiple "auto modding" shops have been made, and what I've learnt over the course of these multiple visits is that these shops mainly sell LEDs in nondescript white boxes with weird wattage based performance rating systems. I have read a thread about DIY LED headlight upgrades made by BHPian Cresterk and so far what I've learnt is that these headlights are, to put it lightly, not the best. Instead, I'm looking for something from well reputed brands such as Phillips, Osram and TVS.

4. I think this point is pretty self explanatory.

Other thoughts

I have indeed done some very limited and possibly flawed research and found these options.

1. PHILIPS H8/H11/H16 11366UEX2 Ultinon Essential LED Fog Lights 6000K Luxeon - These bulbs seem compatible with the car. They are the correct type of bulb (H16) and have the correct wattage as well (16W). They are also 6000k and don't seem to be too expensive (~2000rs a bulb). They also come in a pair.

2.PHILIPS H7 Ultinon Pro3021 LED Headlight Bulb for Car and Truck - Now I intend to use these for the low beams. These are the correct type of bulb (H7) but, the only point of concern is the low wattage (20W per bulb). Should I be concerned about this? I know that in the world of LEDs 20W is enough but it still feels odd going from a 55W halogen to a 20W LED. The model promises a compact design which should hopefully fit well inside the projector housing of the car without any issues. The price is also satisfactory at ~2800rs per bulb (Comes in a pair).

3. Nothing - I haven't done much research about the high beam but I do know that BHPian ashishk_29 (sorry if I got the number or the entire name wrong) bought some TVS LEDs for his high beam. I wouldn't mind installing the same if it meant I could finish the LED upgrade without spending more than 15k. If the bulb costs more than ~5000rs for a pair (unlikely) then I will need to purchase something different.

Anyway, it's time to conclude this rather long post. Thanks in advance to those who can help me out of this dilemma. Also an ownership review might be on the cards.
ExtremePocca is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 07:06   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremePocca View Post

2. Plug and play installation. Must not void warranty.
All standard bulb replacements are inherently plug and play. The car has standardised pin layout corresponding to the specific bulb type, and the reflectors are only designed with a specific bulb type in mind. You only enter fishy territory while going for stuff like HID kits etc.

Quote:
The temperature must be 6000k for partly aesthetics and mostly safety. Halogens are amber and I feel that they cannot mimic the daylight effect that LEDs produce.
While true, I would like to add a tiny bit here. In my experience, halogen gives slightly better depth perception compared to LEDs for some reason. I am not stating this as a scientific fact, but merely my observation. Could entirely be a fault in my eyes.

Quote:
Should I be concerned about this? I know that in the world of LEDs 20W is enough but it still feels odd going from a 55W halogen to a 20W LED.
The car specifications will list wattage for halogen bulbs. Halogen bulbs require significantly more power to generate the same amount of light compared to LEDs. So LEDs will be lower wattage than halogens, but that's just because LEDs generate light more efficiently, and hence they use lower power. So feel free to ignore the wattage ratings. As long as it doesn't exceed the wattage specified for your car, you're fine.

Quote:
ashishk_29 (sorry if I got the number or the entire name wrong) bought some TVS LEDs for his high beam. I wouldn't mind installing the same if it meant I could finish the LED upgrade without spending more than 15k.
Hi. That's me.
I got the TVS LED pair for 5500. So you can comfortably get 4 of those for less than 15k. Mine have been working brilliantly (pun intended) so far, and it's been close to an year now.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 09:47   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. That's me.
I got the TVS LED pair for 5500. So you can comfortably get 4 of those for less than 15k. Mine have been working brilliantly (pun intended) so far, and it's been close to an year now.
Well well well, if it isn't the king of XUV 3OO LEDs himself. I believe you were the first on teambhp to document the use of LEDs on the XUV3OO. Sorry to burst your bubble but the prices that I listed in my post are for a single bulb, not a pair, still, your LEDs fit in my budget. The only problem is, I can't find then. I found some myTVS LED H1 bulbs on amazon but that was a conversion kit for the Renault Duster. Could you please link your bulbs or maybe just send the exact name of the model so I can find it online? Thanks.

Last edited by ExtremePocca : 21st March 2023 at 10:04. Reason: Typo
ExtremePocca is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 11:09   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
Hey Naveen!

I stay near Hoodi (about 10mins from Phoenix) and would love to catch up. Please feel free to DM me.

I service my car at Sireesh Auto Marathahalli and the experience has been better. To be honest, India Garage is the worst you can go to so no wonder your experience was poor.

Quote:
Upgrade - Replaced both my headlights. Low beam with a Aozoom HID setup (4300k) and high beam with DHC Pro LED (4300k). I can now drive at night without any nightmares without blinding anyone. Attaching the pic for reference)
Excellent. I wanted to meet someone and test out the setup before plunging myself into it. Would love to see your setup.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 14:22   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Well well well, if it isn't the king of XUV 3OO LEDs himself. I believe you were the first on teambhp to document the use of LEDs on the XUV3OO. Sorry to burst your bubble but the prices that I listed in my post are for a single bulb, not a pair, still, your LEDs fit in my budget. The only problem is, I can't find then. I found some myTVS LED H1 bulbs on amazon but that was a conversion kit for the Renault Duster. Could you please link your bulbs or maybe just send the exact name of the model so I can find it online? Thanks.
That's an honorific I didn't quite expect.
I don't have a link to the bulbs I have, since I got them installed in person at a shop.

https://www.amazon.in/myTVS-H1-Headl.../dp/B07FFRVS89

These should work since these are also H1. The "for Maruti S cross" does not have any impact. If in case they don't, it has a 7 day return policy.
Old 21st March 2023, 21:40   #1033

Quote:
For Osram, the added brightness over the philips equivalent is not worth having to change the bulb ~every year.
Going by your experience, I have changed the low beam to Philips X-tremeVision G-Force (H7). I ordered the lights from Boodmo as they were cheaper as compared to Amazon (costed me 1600 bucks for 2) and they arrived well in time.

I could see the difference in the brightness and the beam performance immediately as compared to the stock Osram bulbs. Thanks again for sharing that information.

I am also planning to upgrade to LEDs in high beam. Tied between TVS and Autobahn. Will update once I finalize.
deepCarLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 13:30   #1034
BHPian

Another day, another tiny mod.

This time around, it's the horns.

I am currently fed up of the number of close calls I face with bikes while in traffic, on my daily commute. No lane discipline, no thought before changing or entering lanes, and of course no rear view mirrors on half of them.

So if I can't get their attention with a puny stock horn, I'm ok with startling the living daylight out of them with a pair of nice Bosch trumpet horns.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9411.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_9413.jpg

These cost my 1100 with fitting. Which did present a tiny little challenge of itself. One of the stock horns is easily accessible right behind the grille. Replacing that one was as straight-forward as it gets.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-horn-locations.jpg
(From the quite excellent thread by @krishnakumar over at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...e-trumpet.html (DIY: Upgrading Mahindra XUV300 horn to Hella Chrome Trumpet))

However the other rat of a horn is hidden deep within, below the left headlight assembly. So the fine fitting folks just disconnected the second one instead of completely removing it, and installed the new one on as is.

End result, one nice honking device to get pedestrians and motorcyclists to give me some breathing room.

This is definitely going to make me even more conscious of how much I use my horn.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 08:43   #1035

Quote:
So the fine fitting folks just disconnected the second one instead of completely removing it, and installed the new one on as is.
Hey Ashish, where did you get the horns fitted? Was it Car Cupid or some other store? I am also looking for replacing the stock horns with trumpet ones.

I stay in Hinjewadi and had enquired about the horns replacement with one of the GoMechanic garages. They said it would cost ₹1400 with fitting. So I didn’t get it done yet.
deepCarLover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks