Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 18:34   #1111
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
Had a call yesterday and got the EMS ECU software update done today which took 20 minutes.
Mine is a Diesel BS 6 W8 O, bought March '21.Attachment 2533887
Thanks Duckdoc!

Did they specify what was the ECU update for? And any difference post update?

I had a call with my SA and he mentioned that it is because the ECU was throwing random error codes without reason and this was to fix that. He said it is for all variants of the car and not specific to Diesel.

Incidentally, 3 weeks ago an ESC alert was shown in the cluster when I started the car (there was nothing that could have caused it) and the car refused to start. Turned off the ignition and tried again - the error did not come and the car drive exactly the same as before.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 19:03   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hi all,

I got a call yesterday from Mahindra saying that there is a “recall for a software update”, which I believe is an ECU update. I asked for details but they did not know anything (obviously) but confirmed there is no parts change. Only a software update.

BHPian Goandiaries also got this call and our cars are from completely different batches. Seems like the commonality is BS6 Diesel.

Does anyone have more details on this? Would be nice to know if you also got a call and your variant and manufacturing month of car.
I didn't get one. I have a BS6 diesel.
Wonder why. Mild FOMO creeping in
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 19:11   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Did they specify what was the ECU update for? And any difference post update?
They had no idea what it was for, though the reason given to you probably was justified in the last paragraph in your post.
Probably someone with a better understanding may enlighten us as the code was ENG-0895.
I was actually in two minds whether to go for the update as the car was running really well, having done a bit over 74000 km in just over 2 and a half years. The only issue I'd had so far was a 'check engine light' for a blown intercooler hose.
Whether this update makes a noticeable difference which can be verified, only time will tell, I guess and remains to be seen.

Last edited by Duckdoc : 21st November 2023 at 19:17.
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 10:18   #1114
BHPian

I received a call on the 20th, went to find out what exactly it is about while updating it yesterday in Anant Cars BG Road. A CRM head from M&M whom I had known for the past couple of years was available there (the reason I went there!) told it is something related to EGR/Turbo/Intercooler settings for all diesels. Incidentally there were some recalls related to intercooler hose earlier last year but mine (W8O Diesel Dec 2020 MFG) didn't have any recall for that issue. Another SA from PPS mentioned that it is related to DPF and Regen warnings. I did take it for a spin in the highway where I felt it is a bit sluggish to drive, but it could be a placebo!

Last edited by Goandiaries : 23rd November 2023 at 10:26. Reason: Remove redundancy.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 18:58   #1115
BHPian

Took mine for the 30K service last month, and they did mention about the ECU update. This was done as part of the service itself.

Now the bad thing; while taking delivery, I found that the front left portion of the bumper has been brushed against something and there were visible scratches and discolorations. The worst thing was that the service guy did not even mention it to the SA, hoping that I wouldn't notice it. Well, the SA acknowledged the same, and they fixed it in their body shop.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231207-18.56.06-1.jpeg

One week later, a minivan brushed the right side of the bumper. Major portion of the bumper and the right DRL was damaged.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231207-18.56.06.jpeg

I had 15 days to renew my insurance, so decided to put in a claim. Got the entire bumper and the DRL replaced as part of the same!

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231206-11.49.38.jpeg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231206-11.49.37.jpeg
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 22:12   #1116
BHPian

My friend is unable to drive his 1-year-old XUV 300. Check engine light and battery symbol are not going even after starting the engine and the tachometer needle is stuck at 8000 RPM. Even at this high RPM engine doesn't sound strained. There is very little output from the engine even if we press the accelerator fully.We cleaned the air filter and checked for any wire cuts but found none.Guys what could be the issue?
I suggested him to not drive the car to the nearest service station which is 15 kms away and get the help of Mahindra RSA.
Old 8th December 2023, 22:57   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post
My friend is unable to drive his 1-year-old XUV 300. Check engine light and battery symbol are not going even after starting the engine and the tachometer needle is stuck at 8000 RPM. Even at this high RPM engine doesn't sound strained. There is very little output from the engine even if we press the accelerator fully.We cleaned the air filter and checked for any wire cuts but found none.Guys what could be the issue?
I suggested him to not drive the car to the nearest service station which is 15 kms away and get the help of Mahindra RSA.
Get the vehicle towed to the RSA. Don't try to fix it on your own. It doesn't sound like a dirty air-filter problem at all.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 18:25   #1118

Hi Team,

Has anyone experienced notchy gears with XUV 300, my XUV 300 w8 (0 ) petrol has very nothcy gears and im forced to live with it, i think the car is like this itself.

Problem is slotting into second gear is notchy and when you are fast accelarating shifting to 3rd gear is a bit resistive and i have to slow the car down a bit and the gear gets engaged to 3rd gear

Is this a common problem , has any one experienced this ??

Most Viewed