Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 10:03   #121
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
I am not able to see the photo...am I missing something?
No, you are not missing on anything. I tried attaching the photograph from my phone app and it failed for some reason. Tried again and realized that after submitting the attachment, the app gives a short toast message saying I don't have rights to attach a picture and then it vanishes.

Apologize for the confusion. Attaching the two photographs here.

1. This is the damage that I was talking about from the accident where a two-wheeler banged the back of the car. Both, the rider and the pillion fell on the road. Luckily no one was injured. Checked with the 3M guys, they said it was the other vehicle's paint and buffing would get the original car paint back in.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-xuv300-damage.jpeg

2. This is the picture of the plugs that they removed from the two headlamp assemblies.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-headlamp-plugs.jpeg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th June 2019 at 05:57. Reason: Fixed image embeds in post.
@viral is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 07:41   #122
BHPian

Drove close to 500 kms yesterday.

The FE shows a figure of 17.5 kmpl in dashboard display.
@viral is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 06:15   #123
BHPian

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Drove close to 500 kms yesterday.

The FE shows a figure of 17.5 kmpl in dashboard display.
It is showing an FE of 18.9 right now after some more driving.

I am amazed at the accuracy of the FE figures showing on the display. It matches almost exactly to the manual calculations based on full tank and kms run.

I feel this is helping me get better fuel efficiency:
VERY IMPORTANT
1. Try to reach the 6th gear ASAP and try to stay there as long as possible
2. Change gears as indicated in dashboard display.
SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT
3. Keep RPMs around 1500
4. Keep speed between 80 to 100 kmph

Cruise control is fun too. Once set, it can be used to accelerate back to cruising speed effortlessly fast by pressing resume. The engine however revvs a bit if you press the clutch to upshift while it is racing to get to the preset speed. For example, I preset speed to 100kmph and then had to downshift due to traffic then I used resume button to increase speed in lower gear and then when I press clutch to upshift, the en engine free revvs.

Maybe, resume button should be a toggle to cancel cruise and resume. Shouldn't have a separate button to cancel cruise.

Last edited by @viral : 27th May 2019 at 06:28.
@viral is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 14:50   #124
BHPian

I was evaluating XUV300 as my next car. As the price difference between W6 and W8 variant is about 2.25L, I am willing to settle for W6 with a few upgrades.

I was interested in knowing if Android Auto can be enabled (by the Dealer) for the touchscreen HU ? The same unit is present in W6 and W8.

Also, can the reverse cam output be fed to the same HU? Any inputs on this is appreciated.
Old 31st May 2019, 23:39   #125
BHPian

Found this on YouTube, I think launch is soon.

Lakshit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 21:28   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

XUV300 'Auto Shift' variant spied in a TVC shoot,

Quote:
The car spotted was a W8 variant and was a diesel so now it is confirmed the XUV300 diesel will get the AMT. It remains to be seen which other trim levels will be offered with an AMT. The petrol engine can also be expected to come with the AMT gearbox
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-xuv300amt2.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-xuv300amt1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:44   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post

I was interested in knowing if Android Auto can be enabled (by the Dealer) for the touchscreen HU ? The same unit is present in W6 and W8.

Also, can the reverse cam output be fed to the same HU? Any inputs on this is appreciated.
I don't think any dealer will be willing to do that as it would potentially harm the top end sales. Heck, one dealer straight away told us even a dual tone wouldn't be possible from them for lower variants and asked us to get it done from outside. I highly doubted his knowledge on this though just walked away from them with a . I'm planning to go on a test drive soon with a different dealer and will let you know if that's possible, but I highly doubt on chances of any such retrofits happening.

This brings me to think while the compact SUV segment is crowded now with every manufacturer having their piece, I believe no one has a product without compromising on something. Variant distribution seems to be a problem with almost all the manufacturers starting Ford Ecosport to the recent Hyundai's Venue. I wish someone now comes up with the concept of 'Build your car from the scratch'. I know it's impossible to satisfy everyone's needs but at least configuration should be given as an option so that people can actually benefit from getting what they wish for in their car and pay exactly for it. JLR offers this configurator if I'm not wrong. I thought this was going to happen with Nexon but it didn't and instead we got a configurator to add unnecessary garnishing to the car and the same story continued with the Harrier . Sorry for getting OT but couldn't resist to vent it out.
SpideyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:08   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
XUV300 'Auto Shift' variant spied in a TVC shoot,
I have my doubts about the longevity of their AMT transmission. They have already stopped the production of TUV300 AMT, stating the issues plaguing in their AMTs. Let’s wait and watch.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:00   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
I don't think any dealer will be willing to do that as it would potentially harm the top end sales.
Even I got a similar reply from dealer. They are not willing to attempt such enhancements in the interest of higher variant's sales. Android Auto is available in hatchbacks like Santro, WagonR and it is frustrating to have a compatible head unit without A.Auto enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Variant distribution seems to be a problem with almost all the manufacturers starting Ford Ecosport to the recent Hyundai's Venue. I wish someone now comes up with the concept of 'Build your car from the scratch'.
+1 on this. Apart from electro-mechanical components like ESC, Hill hold, much of the components should be configurable. Even if it is at a premium cost. But manufacturers might never sacrifice high profits from top end variants.
anthusiast is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 11:31   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I have my doubts about the longevity of their AMT transmission. They have already stopped the production of TUV300 AMT, stating the issues plaguing in their AMTs. Let’s wait and watch.
I totally agree. Mine is TUV300 AMT variant and I already had 3 instances of AMT failure leading to much frustration. I even went ahead to sell my AMT, but due to poor resale value, I had to back down. I would strongly recommend not to go for Mahindra's AMT at any cost.

It's not just me, almost all AMT users of TUV300 are facing one or the other issue related to AMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
Found this on YouTube, I think launch is soon.
OMG This is the same AMT from TUV300. Please run as far as possible from this AMT variant. It even gives me nightmares.

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2019 at 08:29. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 5th June 2019, 21:25   #131
BHPian

but please hear me out, One point to all the MODS and members who review cars, I absolutely love your reviews but please do not forget to mention if the car in question has underbody protection or not, I'm not saying you aren't saying it, in plenty of reviews, it is mentioned, but in some, it isn't mentioned.

Please mention for both ( if available ) petrol and diesel variants of the same car. It only takes an extra sentence or two, since you already provide two separate headings for petrol and diesel variants of a car and people like me who are obsessed with a clean body will be satisfied. Team bhp reviews are about as close to PERFECT as it can be, this is the 0.00001% that would make it 100% perfect.

Last edited by SaiSW : 5th June 2019 at 21:26. Reason: Spelling error
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 11:26   #132
BHPian

I burnt my fingers buying a AMT TUV 300. I would like to caution potential buyers in falling for this trap. In 2 years my car went 12 times for AMT related problems to the service station and ultimately I sold it at a huge loss.

Mahindra makes good strong cars, but stay away from AMT till reviews are out that its working fine from the early customers who fall for it.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 6th June 2019 at 11:29.
TaurusAl is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 07:19   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I burnt my fingers buying a AMT TUV 300. I would like to caution potential buyers in falling for this trap. In 2 years my car went 12 times for AMT related problems to the service station and ultimately I sold it at a huge loss.

Mahindra makes good strong cars, but stay away from AMT till reviews are out that its working fine from the early customers who fall for it.
Same here, in last 2 years my AMT went to service station for 8 times for AMT issues. I enquired outside for resale, but the resale value was less than my outstanding loan amount. So I did not dare to sell it for such a huge loss. Loan amount remaining was 6.75 lacs, best quotation I got was 6.25 lacs

50k difference + 2.5 lacs interest + Loan pre-closure payment was the total damage, so did not sell it off. I did manage to get free extended warranty from Mahindra for all the inconvenience caused to me. Fingers crossed.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 09:10   #134
BHPian

What is the City and Highway mileage fellow BHPians are getting on their Petrol XUV.

I am planning to move from diesel to petrol, hence the question.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 11:22   #135
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Came here to post just that, guys! Read about the XUV300 AMT and wanted to advise any potential owners to STAY AWAY! Not only is Mahindra's track-record with AMT reliability very poor, but I've also found their AMTs to be poorly tuned. This was surprising as they did a great job with the XUV500's torque-converter AT.

Besides, an AMT just doesn't suit a premium product like the XUV300. AMTs should remain restricted to cheap hatchbacks.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks