Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 17:01   #226

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Has anybody in Bengaluru bought a Petrol BS6, W8 Petrol variant? Could you please share the ex-showroom price? The price on the website and what the dealer is quoting has about 1.2 lakhs difference at the ex-showroom cost itself. Just wanted to make sure.
koushik24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 15:35   #227
BHPian

The XUV300 has been awarded GNCAP's "Safer Choice" Award, a first for India.

After achieving the 5 and 4 stars for Adult and Child Protection respectively, Mahindra seems to have sent the vehicle to GNCAP for further testing, which included the pedestrian and ESC conformity.

A link to the video.

Extremely satisfying to see Indian companies striving hard to deliver safe vehicles to the Indian customers.
shankha007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 16:07   #228
BHPian

We had a short test drive of the XUV300 W8(O) AMT variant yesterday, part of a cousin's evaluation of a replacement for his Diesel EcoSport which had done 80k km in 4 years, and had given him knee pain due to a heavy clutch.

Requirements: Automatic Diesel SUV with space and the ability to carry around painting canvases and other stuff( his family has an artist). Should be comfortable and safe with enough power to be happy on his regular highway runs.

Budget: 12 to 13L maximum.

We shortlisted the Creta, XUV300, Nexon and Ertiga Automatic ( left field but it beats the rest for space and price, loses out on all other parameters especially safety) considered the BRV but it's too costly in Automatic variants.
Anyway long story short we ended up at a Mahindra dealer staffed by 1 guy, but he knew his stuff (even was at the Auto Expo officially) and was happy to oblige us with a test drive(3 of us went).

First impressions when pulling out of the dealership, the car had a hard life (16k km) but that didn't show in any area except the front bumper which was damaged on one side just the day before, which caused the parking assist system to complain about an error in the sensors.

Initial response is quite good with the creep being a bit too aggressive, my cousin pulled out the same way he used to with his EcoSport and we immediately heard the chirp of wheelspin.

On a slightly bouncy highway NH966A ( locals know it as Container Terminal road which has the most atrocious expansion joints) the ride was quite planted and we saw speeds approaching 100km/h effortlessly. The initial acceleration from signals pushed us back in our seats and we didn't feel much lag either.
Manual mode makes it a lot more fun to drive and the noise from outside except the tyre roar is quite well controlled, even the engine is a distant hum.

The ride is quite good considering the 215/55 R17 tyres and braking inspired a lot of confidence.

Side Note: The SA knew pretty much everything about the car in and out and showed us all the features and was quick to mention the 5 star safety rating as the first point of introduction.
He even admitted that there was an initial batch of vehicles with suspension issues which were resolved as well as agreeing that Boot space was at a relative premium.
He also plainly said that they are trying to reduce as much paperwork as possible and keep all communication via email or WhatsApp and provided us with price lists and such like digitally.
He was open and informed us that there my be a delay till April to get BS6 variants and wasn't sure of the price hike yet.

We were looking at the W6 variant since that fit the budget at 11.4 Lakhs on the road for BS4.

He said that they had run out of stocks for all except a couple of W8(O) AMT in Red and Aquamarine.

So currently it's all about waiting for the launch of BS6 diesel variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20200216_134950.jpg  

nmenon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:17   #229
BHPian

I am looking for a replacement of my TUV 300 and thinking of XUV 300 or Honda WRV. Got quotation of below from Mahindra on W8 variant of XUV 300 Diesel MT. Please let me know your thoughts, I am thinking to knock off insurance as the quote seems very high. What is the reasonable price on W8 variant? W8(O) is way over my budget.

Visited Honda showroom as well, but BS6 WRV is yet to release. BS4 variant was around 12.75 lakhs but no stock left.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20200526_130558__01.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 14:05   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I am looking for a replacement of my TUV 300 and thinking of XUV 300 or Honda WRV. Got quotation of below from Mahindra on W8 variant of XUV 300 Diesel MT. Please let me know your thoughts, I am thinking to knock off insurance as the quote seems very high. What is the reasonable price on W8 variant? W8(O) is way over my budget.
1. The insurance is on the higher side.

2. The accessories are negotiable. They usually offer junk and at massive margins. See what they are offering and if you need it. Thumb rule: you are better off buying accessories from outside.

3. You don’t have to pay any freight or handling charge. This little scam has been debated to death but stubborn dealers still play these games. Be firm on this.

4. Also, do check that the 14% registration charge is actually that much. Dealers sometimes add an extra 0.5-1% here as commission. Unsuspecting buyers usually don’t bother verifying actual RTO charges.

Remember, the only thing you necessarily have to pay is the price of the vehicle itself and the TCS. Everything else can be done at your end. Negotiate hard, this is absolute slowdown time and dealers are desperate for sales. Don’t be afraid of walking away in search of a better deal.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 26th May 2020 at 14:13.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 14:34   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
1. The insurance is on the higher side.

2. The accessories are negotiable. They usually offer junk and at massive margins. See what they are offering and if you need it. Thumb rule: you are better off buying accessories from outside.

3. You don’t have to pay any freight or handling charge. This little scam has been debated to death but stubborn dealers still play these games. Be firm on this.

4. Also, do check that the 14% registration charge is actually that much. Dealers sometimes add an extra 0.5-1% here as commission. Unsuspecting buyers usually don’t bother verifying actual RTO charges.
I cannot believe the insurance quotes I got online. This is day time robbery

Accessories I will get from outside only. So 10k knocked off.

Unfortunately registration charges are high in TS state. 14% is correct.

F/R and handling charges I need to check, but hopefully will get them knocked out. So I am guessing I can easily get it for less than 13 lakhs on-road.

Thank for your inputs. Much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200526143001.jpg  

Old 26th May 2020, 16:42   #232
BHPian

Quote:
I cannot believe the insurance quotes I got online. This is day time robbery
Hi, I hope you observed the following in the insurance quotes you have posted:
Showroom has quoted for 3rd party coverage for 3 years and (probably) 1st year for own damage. This is mandated by law now. Not sure about add-ons such as zero-dep.
In the case of online quotes, I think the quotes are for 1-year only.
Hence the massive difference.
Old 26th May 2020, 16:48   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hi, I hope you observed the following in the insurance quotes you have posted:
Showroom has quoted for 3rd party coverage for 3 years and (probably) 1st year for own damage. This is mandated by law now. Not sure about add-ons such as zero-dep.
In the case of online quotes, I think the quotes are for 1-year only.
Hence the massive difference.
These are for 3 years. You can check the screenshot below. 1 year own damage and 3 years 3rd party. If we include zero dep, price will increase as the amount shown in the blue box. These are not inclusive of GST.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200526164505.jpg  

Old 26th May 2020, 21:48   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These are not inclusive of GST.
Do read through the terms and conditions before you decide to select an online option. I have always purchased my insurance directly from the provider after researching on various comparison sites. Talking to provider helplines definitely helps highlight pros and cons of each insurance provider.

IMO, you should definitely try and negotiate with M&M and pick up a manual TUV300. That i think would be your best bet to try and minimize your loss while at the same time getting a decent car for the future.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 21:55   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Do read through the terms and conditions before you decide to select an online option.

IMO, you should definitely try and negotiate with M&M and pick up a manual TUV300. That i think would be your best bet to try and minimize your loss while at the same time getting a decent car for the future.
I have just saved the screenshot from policybazar for negotiations purpose. It is ammunition for my bargaining gun This will bring the insurance quote down from dealer. I am repeat customer, they should not milk me.

I love TUV however, the facelift version is too funky for my liking. One of the reasons I went with TUV was its basic minimal and boxy design. The grill changes are not to my liking. I have not finalized any vehicle as of now. I am still contemplating (it's hard to let go of TUV but AMT failures have got my nerve).
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:08   #236
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I recently test drove the XUV 300 Turbo Petrol ... and it wasn't a great experience.

The Good:
  • The bright colours add to the roominess of the wide cabin.
  • A long feature list is nice to have.
  • Best safety rating in the segment.
The Bad:
  • The ride felt harsh.
  • Seats are extremely firm (W8) and have poor under thigh support at the rear.
  • The car (with sunroof) had rattles from the headliner.
  • The throttle response was quite spikey (distinct jerks at 2000 and 2500) and felt dull at higher revs.
  • The instrument cluster and the console feel drab compared to the floating screens and better audio quality others offer.
The seats, the ride and the jerks in acceleration, put together made me put it off the list.

As a petrol fueled city runabout and occasional highway tourer, for a one car garage, I would consider Nexon / Venue / Ecosport to be strong contenders.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 23:57   #237
Senior - BHPian

Proud moment to see how well our homegrown manufacturers have come this far to take home trophies on safety

XUV300 is the safest car available in the market from an indian manufacturer followed by Tata’s Altroz and Nexon!

Link:

https://www.motoroids.com/news/globa...-last-6-years/

In another news, Tiago beats Swift in June sales which clearly indicates the drift in customers preference towards safety vs kmpl race.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:08   #238
BHPian

I always thought the blackened A-Pillar in the XUV300 is painted/wrapped until I saw this

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_8286.jpg

Is this a cost-cutting exercise by Mahindra or is this a norm with other cars as well, that come with a blacked out A-Pillar?

Last edited by Utsav3010 : 22nd July 2020 at 14:09. Reason: spelling mistake in the original post
Utsav3010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:51   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsav3010 View Post
Is this a cost-cutting exercise by Mahindra or is this a norm with other cars as well, that come with a blacked out A-Pillar?
Depends and varies from model to model. Few cars have it wrapped while few others have a separate matt/gloss black plastic piece attached to the A and B pillars.

I wouldn't call it cost cutting by Mahindra as having a separate piece should be more expensive than wrapping (probably even painting it).
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 23:41   #240
BHPian

Prices of XUV300 reduced.

Source:
http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/...s-revised/amp/

Sonet effect? or Mahindra is planning to launch Sports edition or may be a DCT/AT transmission and these price corrections are there to accommodate the new models within the same price capping.

Most Viewed