Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2020, 22:02   #271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Are you sure it's Mahindra, and not the dealer.
Dealers are usually known for this kind of thing.
Just checked their brochure as well.
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv300...tions-features

Headrest starting from W6 onwards. They have 60:40 split seat and basic music system in W4 diesel variant. Wonder how much they have saved by removing the headrest.

Price difference between W4 and W6 is 1 lakh, which is too much considering the difference in features are not much.
shashant is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 22:55   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
What comes as a shock is that Mahindra has removed headrest on the backseat of W4 variant.

Not even fixed headsets. Its a flat bench now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Are you sure it's Mahindra, and not the dealer.
Dealers are usually known for this kind of thing.
Quote:
Just checked their brochure as well.
This is not done Mahindra. I thought, unlike others Mahindra does not cut corners on safety.

I can see headrests on rear seat of XUV300 used in GNCAP tests. Are not those safety features standard across all variants? Can they remove a safety feature after securing good ratings? I understand, rear seat was tested with child dummies on child seats but I am wondering if an assumption was made that rear seat will be for children only
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 12:46   #273
BHPian

Did a test drive on Friday and checked with the SA about the headrest. He claims that 'Adjustable Headrest for All Seats in 2nd Row' as per the brochure means that there is no adjustable headrest for the third / middle passenger. I have asked him to confirm the same and get back to me.
Old 19th November 2020, 14:28   #274
Senior - BHPian

Have Mahindra announced anything about the Petrol automatic launch yet? There was talk that it would be launched around the end of 2020.
Old 19th November 2020, 21:31   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Did a test drive on Friday and checked with the SA about the headrest. He claims that 'Adjustable Headrest for All Seats in 2nd Row' as per the brochure means that there is no adjustable headrest for the third / middle passenger. I have asked him to confirm the same and get back to me.
There are no adjustable headrest as per brochure and in reality there are no fixed headrest even. I am talking to my dealer to get them from Mahindra part bin and install before the delivery.

He will get back to me on this in couple of days.
Old 19th November 2020, 22:06   #276
BHPian

Quote:
There are no adjustable headrest as per brochure and in reality there are no fixed headrest even. I am talking to my dealer to get them from Mahindra part bin and install before the delivery.

He will get back to me on this in couple of days.
Sorry, was a little caught up so couldn't update this. The dealer I spoke to reaffirmed this bit what i had mentioned earlier. This is at an NBS International dealership (100% subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra). I made him go back and check again, and he has confirmed again. Also, I had a doubt so looked up some walk-around videos of the BS6 W4 petrol variant on YouTube (surprising how many there are), all confirm what the dealer said - the rear seat has 2 adjustable head rests as opposed to 3 for the higher variants(you can actually see them in each and every video). I would seriously recommend speaking to another dealer as well. This could be a case of the dealer trying to sweeten his kitty a little more.

Quote:
He claims that 'Adjustable Headrest for All Seats in 2nd Row' as per the brochure means that there is no adjustable headrest for the third / middle passenger.

Last edited by da_lowrider : 19th November 2020 at 22:08. Reason: added text
Old 20th November 2020, 20:55   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Sorry, was a little caught up so couldn't update this. The dealer I spoke to reaffirmed this bit what i had mentioned earlier. This is at an NBS International dealership (100% subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra). I made him go back and check again, and he has confirmed again. Also, I had a doubt so looked up some walk-around videos of the BS6 W4 petrol variant on YouTube (surprising how many there are), all confirm what the dealer said - the rear seat has 2 adjustable head rests as opposed to 3 for the higher variants(you can actually see them in each and every video). I would seriously recommend speaking to another dealer as well. This could be a case of the dealer trying to sweeten his kitty a little more.
Please check for the youtube videos, which are less than a month old.

shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 22:09   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Please check for the Youtube videos, which are less than a month old.
This is very strange. I will check again with NBS international. So I actually did see videos less than a month too and they seem to have it. I'm surprised seeing this video.

I have shared one of the videos I saw, below. It's 3 weeks old.

da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 12:48   #279
BHPian

Did a petrol manual TD yesterday at 6.15 pm. It was dark and got a chance to test the headlights also. I found the rear bench of XUV 300 to be wider than City. On the other hand, the boot is tiny (almost similar to our 2005, 1.1 litre wagon r). Adding a parcel tray would further decrease the boot space of XUV300, though it may marginally increase the AC performance in cabin.

However the brakes were a bit worrisome. Had to almost pump it fully for the brakes to work. And when it finally bites it's very strong. Confirmed by another BHPian owning XUV300. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4864124 (Mahindra XUV300 AMT Automatic W8 : Initial ownership review) Would have like the braking effect to be a bit more gradual.

Other than the braking issue, no major problems. Has anyone faced similar issues
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:06   #280
BHPian

^^With an all disk set up, it does take a bit of getting used to and have not faced any problems in my last 10k kms. Nor any one in the xuv 300 ownership group complained about the braking so far.
Sridhar K is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 13:06   #281
Senior - BHPian

I booked an XUV300 Petrol W8 (O), my sales executive just reached out to me sharing a new brochure for vehicles being manufactured from Nov 2020. I am attaching a copy. He also shared a main note from the firm.

Dear All,

You are aware that value optimization is a key activity in the life of a product. Basis customer feedback, product changes are done to ensure we offer maximum value at the most attractive price possible.

In line with the same, middle passenger seatbelt for the 2nd row will change from 3 point to 2 point on W8(O) (VIN cut-off: L2L74873). Website & brochure have been changed to reflect these changes.[ATTACH=XUV300 - Nov 20.pdf]2085317[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV300 - Nov 20.pdf (699.3 KB, 508 views)

Last edited by Raghu M : 25th November 2020 at 13:11.
Raghu M is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 18:53   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post

In line with the same, middle passenger seatbelt for the 2nd row will change from 3 point to 2 point on W8(O) (VIN cut-off: L2L74873).
This is ridiculous. They removed a safety feature that was to unique to their product in its class.
Request the moderators to remove the mention of "All 3 occupants get 3-point seatbelts" from the review page.

On the same day the news of Thar getting 4 stars in GNCAP came out.
What an irony
NICHE is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 21:30   #283
BHPian

Quote:
In line with the same, middle passenger seatbelt for the 2nd row will change from 3 point to 2 point on W8(O) (VIN cut-off: L2L74873). Website & brochure have been changed to reflect these changes.[ATTACH=XUV300 - Nov 20.pdf]2085317[/ATTACH]
They have also deleted adjustable headrests from the W4. Doesn't even get fixed headrests now.
ATRONIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 09:58   #284
Senior - BHPian

My SA also told me that the heated ORVMs are an exclusion now. And only the trim W8 (O) gets the auto dimming rear view mirror.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 11:21   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In line with the same, middle passenger seatbelt for the 2nd row will change from 3 point to 2 point on W8(O)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
They have also deleted adjustable headrests from the W4. Doesn't even get fixed headrests now.
Quote:
My SA also told me that the heated ORVMs are an exclusion now. And only the trim W8 (O) gets the auto dimming rear view mirror.
This is just bullshit from M&M and needs to be highlighted in BOLD. Its not like the XUV300 is setting sales charts on fire and these small deletions only goes to show that OEM is ok with cutting corners, which is never a good message to give to prospective buyers. Couching it in Corprate speak "value optimization" is even worse
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks