Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2021, 08:11   #406
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
When did you book your vehicle? Is it from Sahyadri Motors? I've been awaiting any news of allocation since 27th Feb when I booked the same variant as yours.

I've been told Pune RTO is closed and any chance of getting the vehicle will be after lockdown only when RTO opens which makes sense.
It's from shiv autowings. Not Sahyadri. In fact Sahyadri didn't even have a test drive vehicle for me when I went there originally and even the next 4 days, leading me to approach Shiv. I had also booked on similar timelines as you.

Pune RTO is not closed. It's open, but only for commercial vehicle registrations. But private registrations will open from coming Monday as informed to me by the sales rep at shiv. It will be online only, and no physical inspection of vehicle required. He had forwarded me the govt notice talking about this.

I have pushed my sales rep to deliver the vehicle with temporary registration since it has been allotted to me for almost a month at this point, and I cannot bear to keep it parked in all the sun and dust and heat and rain at the stockyard.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 08:14   #407
BHPian

And finally the big boy is home

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4669.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4670.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4675.jpg

A few quick observations:
1. The front driver side AC vent is positioned rather poorly. Most of the air flow from it gets dissipated by the wiper stalk and the steering wheel.
2. The NVH is top notch. While were still at the dealership, I was sitting in the car, and my father was talking to the sales rep just next to my door, and I could barely hear a word they were talking. This holds true also for the big diesel up front. Unless your A/C is very low, and there's no other ambient noise, it's barely noticeable beyond like 1300RPM. Kudos to Mahindra on a job well done.
3. The auto-headlamp sensor is a bit over-enthuastic It kept turning on even when I was just in my parking slot, even during the day. And I don't park that deep either.
4. As someone who is using passive keyless entry for the first time, I was severely confused initially. Now getting the hang of it.
5. 300Nm is just fantastic. The massive pull in 3rd gear on just puts a smile on your face.
ashishk29 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 10:42   #408
BHPian

Is BlueSense plus only available for the autoShift variants?
Old 18th May 2021, 16:15   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Is BlueSense plus only available for the autoShift variants?
Sadly, it looks that way.

"Mahindra’s Connected SUV technology - BlueSense Plus on W8(O) AutoSHIFT will create a connected experience between the SUV & its owner. It offers a variety of features like Remote Vehicle Control Features (like Door Lock/ Unlock, Find my XUV300), Location-based Features (like Live Tracking & Sharing, Route Deviation), Safety & Security Features (like Geo-Fencing, Emergency Assist), Vehicle Information Alerts (like Distance to empty, Tyre Pressure), and other features (like Infotainment Controls, Document Wallet). BlueSense Plus will be available on both Android & iOS."

Source:
http://www.businessworld.in/article/...2-2021-373351/
DevilzzzzOwn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 06:33   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
Sadly, it looks that way.

"Mahindra’s Connected SUV technology - BlueSense Plus on W8(O) AutoSHIFT will create a connected experience between the SUV & its owner. It offers a variety of features like Remote Vehicle Control Features (like Door Lock/ Unlock, Find my XUV300), Location-based Features (like Live Tracking & Sharing, Route Deviation), Safety & Security Features (like Geo-Fencing, Emergency Assist), Vehicle Information Alerts (like Distance to empty, Tyre Pressure), and other features (like Infotainment Controls, Document Wallet). BlueSense Plus will be available on both Android & iOS."

Source:
http://www.businessworld.in/article/...2-2021-373351/
That sucks :( Would've loved to have that feature.
Hoping Mahindra gives it as an add-on eventually.
Not nice to have even the top most variant have features locked to the automatic variant only
Old 22nd May 2021, 17:39   #411
BHPian

Getting a strange issue. Whenever I switch the MID display to the digital speedometer reading, the backlight of the dials switch off. For all other readings, it turns on. Has anyone faced a similar thing?

Last edited by SansGT : 22nd May 2021 at 17:47.
Old 22nd May 2021, 18:19   #412
BHPian

Quote:
And finally the big boy is home

4. As someone who is using passive keyless entry for the first time, I was severely confused initially. Now getting the hang of it.
This maybe wasted if you already have it, but if not, do get a RFID signal blocking car key protector case.
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 00:02   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Getting a strange issue. Whenever I switch the MID display to the digital speedometer reading, the backlight of the dials switch off. For all other readings, it turns on. Has anyone faced a similar thing?
This is a feature. You can switch the backlights on/off for digital speedometer by long pressing one of the set/mode switches.

I find it extremely useful on night highway drives to cut down cabin lighting for better focus on the road.
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 17:31   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
This maybe wasted if you already have it, but if not, do get a RFID signal blocking car key protector case.
Thanks for the tip. I did already order a pair of those, but was conflicted when I read in the owner's manual not to store the keys in an RF blocking material. Not sure how serious that is.

On a slightly different note, I noticed that in the tiretronics section, it shows "OK" for the spare tyre in the back,
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4845.jpg

but if I click on show all, it doesn't show actual pressure/temp readings for the spare.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4844.jpg

Is this the expected behaviour? The owner's manual shows the details section showing pressure/temp for the spare as well, so I'm not sure what's the scene here.

Also, the OEM speakers are just.... I don't have any decent words to say about those. The bass is non-existent. I can't turn up any metal/rock songs to beyond 30% volume or the sound starts breaking up badly.
Will need to upgrade the speakers. I simply cannot do with these limp speakers.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 23rd May 2021 at 17:32. Reason: sequence of images attached.
Old 23rd May 2021, 19:01   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the expected behaviour? The owner's manual shows the details section showing pressure/temp for the spare as well, so I'm not sure what's the scene here.
Yes, that's the expected behaviour. There is a help video on the HU's e-manual that talks about TPMS, and it explains that for TPMS to gauge the air pressure, the wheel should be rolling at (iirc) 40 KMPH after being fitted to the vehicle - which is why the spare doesn't show the pressure.

Check that video in the e-manual, it'll be clearer (I saw it a while ago).

Also, yes - M&M's ICE at least needs a speaker upgrade, if not an amp + speaker upgrade!
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 19:15   #416
BHPian

I think the manual meant, while starting the car. I use a pouch from Amazon which is effective.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...fid-bluetooth/

There is also a thread already on rfid car key protection.

The TPMS does not show the actual spare tyre pressure, as it is not running.

I agree that the music system is a bit of a dud, but playing around with the graphic equaliser and the other controls makes it decent, provided the bass is not at maximum.
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 05:32   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Yes, that's the expected behaviour. There is a help video on the HU's e-manual that talks about TPMS, and it explains that for TPMS to gauge the air pressure, the wheel should be rolling at (iirc) 40 KMPH after being fitted to the vehicle - which is why the spare doesn't show the pressure.

Also, yes - M&M's ICE at least needs a speaker upgrade, if not an amp + speaker upgrade!
Oh is it? I tried browsing through the e-manual, but didn't spot the one about TPMS. I'll give it another look today.

In that case the printed manual is misleading, as it contains an image showing pressure/temp for the spare as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
I think the manual meant, while starting the car. I use a pouch from Amazon which is effective.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...fid-bluetooth/

There is also a thread already on rfid car key protection.

The TPMS does not show the actual spare tyre pressure, as it is not running.

I agree that the music system is a bit of a dud, but playing around with the graphic equaliser and the other controls makes it decent, provided the bass is not at maximum.
I shall check out the thread you mentioned.

In summation the speakers do seem to be a bit of a sore point in general
I tried manually adjusting the EQ, but the lack bass is very noticeable to me.
Will explore speaker replacement after the lockdowns end.
Old 24th May 2021, 07:03   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

I went through the video about TPMS on the e-manual, and it doesn't mention anything about moving at 40kmph. In fact, even the video shows the pressure being displayed for the spare. The 40kmph thing maybe the case for temperature maybe?

I also found a YT video showing this:

The spare is clearly showing pressure.

There's definitely some issue in my vehicle. I'm wondering if a "Learn" cycle will fix this.
Old 24th May 2021, 14:40   #419
BHPian

Quote:
There's definitely some issue in my vehicle. I'm wondering if a "Learn" cycle will fix this.
Indeed sir. Mahindra and electrical errors are pretty common. Might want to get it checked.

And yes, seems logical when we talk about the 40Kms and temperature. My spare has never shows temperature. I will never know if the electronics work completely until I get to change the spare.

In the pic, you will see the TPMS showing all 5 readings and I haven't even removed the spare once. Just do a basic tyre inflation every month from a portable inflator. Different story that the car is over 1.5 years old and I have just run it 2K kms.

Covid, I am looking at you,
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20210524143828_photos.jpg  

Last edited by DevilzzzzOwn : 24th May 2021 at 14:43. Reason: Correction of grammatical error.
DevilzzzzOwn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 06:11   #420
BHPian

Oh forgot to mention another funny thing about the delivery.

So my car delivery originally got delayed because the head unit was sent to the factory for some sort of "upgrade". I still do not understand why any sort of upgrade/update can't be done on site, and why it needs to be shipped back to the factory. First time I've heard of it.
It ended up arriving a couple of days late, and hence the delayed delivery.

However, on arrival, it supposedly arrived without a connector/dongle for the reversing camera, and so I do not have a functioning reverse camera since delivery.

The sales rep has recently updated me that the connector has since arrived, but the guy at their center who fixes these things is down with Covid. And that they will be getting a replacement guy in a couple of days.

I did not expect such problems with a newly delivered vehicle. M&M gotta get their stuff together. The sales rep has been super helpful in all this. But a missing reverse camera connector, spare tyre TPMS not working, not painting a very good picture for just how much attention Mahindra is paying to the vehicles.

Most Viewed