Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 10:49   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Oh forgot to mention another funny thing about the delivery.

So my car delivery originally got delayed because the head unit was sent to the factory for some sort of "upgrade". I still do not understand why any sort of upgrade/update can't be done on site, and why it needs to be shipped back to the factory. First time I've heard of it.
It ended up arriving a couple of days late, and hence the delayed delivery.

However, on arrival, it supposedly arrived without a connector/dongle for the reversing camera, and so I do not have a functioning reverse camera since delivery.
The Head Unit story sounds fishy. For a car that came from factory, why would dealer send it back to manufacturer? Unless they are adding some sort of hardware, which they won't after shipping, I am surprised by the story.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 11:40   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The Head Unit story sounds fishy. For a car that came from factory, why would dealer send it back to manufacturer? Unless they are adding some sort of hardware, which they won't after shipping, I am surprised by the story.
Yeah, same. Maybe the unit it originally contained had some bug or issue? So they just ordered for a new one instead of telling me that. That is my top suspicion right now.
Old 29th May 2021, 11:56   #423
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra sees 90% growth in XUV300 bookings between October 2020 and March 2021. During this period the company saw an average of over 6000 bookings per month, which currently has a waiting period of over 12 weeks.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-smartselect_20210529115311_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 09:50   #424
BHPian

One potentially weird observation I had today morning:

The TPMS readout is registering all 4 tyres at about 40+ degress C. The max being 48.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4984.jpg

However, this seemed off because the ambient temperature at 7:19AM was just 26 degress.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4985.jpg

I hadn't even fired up the engine or anything. I just got in the car to check something on the console. Should this be cause for concern?

Last edited by ashishk29 : 31st May 2021 at 09:51. Reason: wording improved.
Old 31st May 2021, 16:22   #425
BHPian

Quote:
I hadn't even fired up the engine or anything. I just got in the car to check something on the console. Should this be cause for concern?
May be just a faulty reading. It is a cold start signifying that the tires have been at standstill for quite some time. I don't see how temperatures can go so high.

BTW, are these internal or surface temperature?
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 16:50   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
May be just a faulty reading. It is a cold start signifying that the tires have been at standstill for quite some time. I don't see how temperatures can go so high.

BTW, are these internal or surface temperature?
I hope it's a faulty reading

I'm guessing internal reading, since the sensor sits on the inside of the wheel right at the neck of the valve.
Old 31st May 2021, 20:21   #427
BHPian

For my Sensairy TPMS, it takes a while to update the readings. Till then it shows the last reading when the car was turned off.
Could it be the same case in your situation? Did the reading get updated after a few minutes?
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 20:55   #428
BHPian

Quote:

The TPMS readout is registering all 4 tyres at about 40+ degress C. The max being 48.
Attachment 2162056

However, this seemed off because the ambient temperature at 7:19AM was just 26 degress.
Attachment 2162055

Mine is W8(O)AMT D, 2 months old 3k Kms. Brother, few things which I promised myself not to worry about while purchasing this Mahindra

1. Not to take non critical electrical readouts seriously.
2. Accept the insufficiency of engineering depth specially with electronics.
3. Never mind the rattles, squeaks and fast aging.

These are small issues and will happen, get used to it. For example, the outside temp in my car takes a long long time to fluctuate according to weather conditions. The steering mounted audio control volume button has it's own mind and changes the audio source while pressing the 'volume up' button.

All this within 2 months of ownership. Take a chill pill.

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 31st May 2021 at 20:57.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 08:22   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
For my Sensairy TPMS, it takes a while to update the readings. Till then it shows the last reading when the car was turned off.
Could it be the same case in your situation? Did the reading get updated after a few minutes?
I tried firing up the engine today morning, but I might have kept the engine on for very little time. Maybe a couple of minutes. I probably should check again after the engine has been running for some time, or once the vehicle gets moving. I suspected the same. Mainly because I entered the vehicle today morning as well, and it showed the EXACT same readings under tiretronics. Meaning it hadn't updated the actual values from the sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Mine is W8(O)AMT D, 2 months old 3k Kms. Brother, few things which I promised myself not to worry about while purchasing this Mahindra

These are small issues and will happen, get used to it. For example, the outside temp in my car takes a long long time to fluctuate according to weather conditions. The steering mounted audio control volume button has it's own mind and changes the audio source while pressing the 'volume up' button.

Hahaha... That sucks. I wasn't sure of what to/what not to expect of the features provided This is an incredibly bad situation for us customers, but so is the condition in general. At least I have the safety and engine to reassure me of my purchase

Another query, have they gotten rid of ambience lighting in the cabin? I see the original review post mentions ambient lighting strips beneath the door armrests. However I did not see those in my car. Is this another one of those things that M&M silently got rid of?
Old 2nd June 2021, 21:55   #430
BHPian

Quote:

It is the surface temperature presumably as it is always higher than the ambient one and you will notice a difference of 2-4 psi on driving with the temperature and pressure increasing after a drive.
The front tire will show a higher temperature and I feel your front tire is a mite under inflated for the temperature shown.
Ref:
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...tire-hysteria/
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 07:31   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
It is the surface temperature presumably as it is always higher than the ambient one and you will notice a difference of 2-4 psi on driving with the temperature and pressure increasing after a drive.
The front tire will show a higher temperature and I feel your front tire is a mite under inflated for the temperature shown.
Ref:
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...tire-hysteria/
So I did observe it a bit more closely, and now am certain that the readings it was displaying at that point was a "stuck" past reading probably from my previous drive.

The next day I had to drive around for about ~20 minutes, and the readings changed to more sensible values. Meaning the reading refresh/update cycle either depends on the vehicle moving, or the engine staying on for a certain amount of time for sure.

Later I also topped off the air pressure in all 4, so now I am quite certain that the spurious readings are in fact just older readings that the system hasn't bothered to refresh yet.

Any thoughts on the ambient lighting strips, anyone? I clicked a photo of below the arm rest, and saw a dummy black strip in the place that I imagine the ambient light strip would be. Does this mean the feature has been taken off for sure?
Old 3rd June 2021, 08:36   #432
BHPian

Quote:

Any thoughts on the ambient lighting strips, anyone? I clicked a photo of below the arm rest, and saw a dummy black strip in the place that I imagine the ambient light strip would be. Does this mean the feature has been taken off for sure?
Yes the ambient lighting has been removed for sure, from Feb '21 onwards, I think.
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 17:08   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Yes the ambient lighting has been removed for sure, from Feb '21 onwards, I think.
I think some of us fall in the category of following the rule of not buying a Mahindra vehicle the first year of launch and facing the consequences.

We have lost out on one essential, the 3 point seat belt for the middle rear seat and other 'nice to have but can do without' things like the lighting strip, light for the boot and heated ORVM.

On the brighter side, things like problematic suspension are not there as well as working sensors (touch wood), at least so far, unlike the complaints in the first year.

One thing I find irritating is that the manual, probably in an effort to be comprehensive, though exhaustive, is difficult to read and occasionally misleading. In the TPMS section there is a picture of the spare wheel with a reading but in the text says the values appear for the running wheels. This is in stark contrast to the manual of my old City where the language was precise and text concise and clear.

Leaving all other things aside, it has a great engine and ride comfort and am happy that I have been able to manage 4500 k in a little less than 3 months after purchase.
Old 4th June 2021, 19:24   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Ah. That's sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
We have lost out on one essential, the 3 point seat belt for the middle rear seat and other 'nice to have but can do without' things like the lighting strip, light for the boot and heated ORVM.

One thing I find irritating is that the manual, probably in an effort to be comprehensive, though exhaustive, is difficult to read and occasionally misleading. In the TPMS section there is a picture of the spare wheel with a reading but in the text says the values appear for the running wheels. This is in stark contrast to the manual of my old City where the language was precise and text concise and clear.

Leaving all other things aside, it has a great engine and ride comfort and am happy that I have been able to manage 4500 k in a little less than 3 months after purchase.
Yeah the ambient lighting strip is a nice to have. The boot light is kinda important, it's definitely great to have.
For me heated ORVM is the biggest dent. It's annoying to drive in monsoons with the mirrors completely fogged up or wet and dripping, severely limiting rearward visibility.

Agreed, One helluva engine that is!
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 10:50   #435
BHPian

Quote:

On a slightly different note, I noticed that in the tiretronics section, it shows "OK" for the spare tyre in the back,

but if I click on show all, it doesn't show actual pressure/temp readings for the spare.

Is this the expected behaviour? The owner's manual shows the details section showing pressure/temp for the spare as well, so I'm not sure what's the scene here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Yes, that's the expected behaviour. There is a help video on the HU's e-manual that talks about TPMS, and it explains that for TPMS to gauge the air pressure, the wheel should be rolling at (iirc) 40 KMPH after being fitted to the vehicle - which is why the spare doesn't show the pressure.

Check that video in the e-manual, it'll be clearer (I saw it a while ago).
I used to check the TPMS everyday the past 3 months and the pressure reading never showed up for the spare wheel.

Today, I switched it on and there it was with the spare tyre pressure a tad low. Don't know how that happened or what to make of it, though pleasantly surprised.Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-camscanner-06062021-10.46.50.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks