Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2021, 12:53   #571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 View Post
So i booked my XUV300 W8(O) Now this I found strange since the car had a 2 point seatbelt at rear and its a known fact that the heated ORVMs were removed alongside the 3 point seatbelt. I pointed this out but he kept insisting it was there.

Now what I am curious about is- is it true that Mahindar might be removing the front parking sensors from upcoming manufactured W8(O)s or was the sales person just making it up to push an immediate sale ? Any insider info/ input would be apreciated !
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20210919124340.jpg

Probably impossible to know with Mahindra, given that the screenshot is downloaded from their official site a few minutes back, on safety features of the XUV, though the feature had been removed a year back.The tabular column at least shows it as lap belt. It might be the same scenario with other features also.

Last edited by Duckdoc : 19th September 2021 at 13:03. Reason: Adding a sentence
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 07:16   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Any luck with the installation ? Hop the wiring is still there since it will give hope to all us new buyers to get it installed as well !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Have you already upgraded the mirror assembly? I have the passenger side heated mirror in stock since April. However, never tried opening and checking if the heating connectors exist in the ORVM.
Sorry to disappoint y'all, the mirrors haven't even shipped yet But even I'm just as excited with even the notion that I could have heated ORVMs in the near future. Meanwhile I will be ironing out the details around the installation.

This boodmo site doesn't seem to be as prompt as the usual e-tailers. But I guess that's to be expected.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 11:21   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Now what I am curious about is- is it true that Mahindar might be removing the front parking sensors from upcoming manufactured W8(O)s or was the sales person just making it up to push an immediate sale ? Any insider info/ input would be apreciated !
I wouldn't fret about it; instead, take your time and commit only when you are certain. The front parking sensor is still available as an accessory from Mahindra and costs around Rs. 2k. The only caveat is that it will not be integrated into the ICE.
Vijin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:44   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
First 10000 kms initial ownership review of a 2021 XUV 300 W8Opt MT Diesel

After having owned a Honda City for 11 years(https://www.team-bhp.com/news/3rd-ge...ars-13-lakh-km) I was looking for a fun to drive car from around Nov 2020. Having been biased toward sedans, I have always been fascinated by only one set of cars and that is the Skoda stable, from the Rapid to the Octavia. I've admired the build quality and more importantly, the absolutely fantastic high speed handling which I've seen on the highway. Moreover, on a visit to the Czech Republic 10 years back, in conversations with the locals one could sense the immense pride they had in Skoda. On telling them that it is owned by Volkswagen, the retort was that the Germans were just helping in marketing, quite understandable given the history with their powerful neighbour. The pride in their country and the workmanship from the Java days had a positive energy to it and having been a fan of their countryman, the late Vaclav Havel and the composer Antonin Dvorak being a family favourite, I had a soft corner for anything from this lesser known country.
A great ownership review of your vehicle that paints a clear picture about it's long term performance. It seems like a great package that does everything well.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th September 2021 at 14:43.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:09   #575
Senior - BHPian

Just got to know on one of the other forums (FB page of XUV300) that the 7th airbag, front parking sensors, rear foglamps and rear seatbelt reminder are going to be excluded from the top trim for vehicles that will be produced from 9/20. Can someone please confirm? M&M is going to be hit hard if it does go ahead with these exclusions.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 20:10   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Just got to know on one of the other forums (FB page of XUV300) that the 7th airbag, front parking sensors, rear foglamps and rear seatbelt reminder are going to be excluded from the top trim for vehicles that will be produced from 9/20. Can someone please confirm? M&M is going to be hit hard if it does go ahead with these exclusions.
Looks like they are attempting a suicide mission to kill the decent selling XUV300. I think M&M can just delete the top trim from their brochure instead of doing these changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Sorry to disappoint y'all, the mirrors haven't even shipped yet But even I'm just as excited with even the notion that I could have heated ORVMs in the near future. Meanwhile I will be ironing out the details around the installation.

This boodmo site doesn't seem to be as prompt as the usual e-tailers. But I guess that's to be expected.
Ohk. I ordered a pair back in Jan this year. But I received only the passenger side mirror after 4 months (which I haven't installed it yet, though). Boodmo is definitely slow on certain items. But if they do not have, they will update after 4 months and refund the money. Refund part happened quickly.
Goandiaries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:56   #577
BHPian

Quote:

I have booked today only the XUV300 AMT (o) please confirm that we can fit the heated ORVMS and if yes please click the pictures during your process as it will be helpful to many of us.
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:58   #578
BHPian

Have booked the W8(O) diesel last week. Heard about the feature deletion which pissed me off to no end.

Talked to the sales guy today and told him I won't be going ahead if I don't see the 7th airbag and door ajar lamps during the PDI. He assured me if that's the case he would procure a vehicle that has the said options. Told him I'm fine with even a July or August manufactured vehicle.

Thoughts?
SoupRaw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 11:06   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Update on the headlight upgrade:
So after some thinking and budgeting around, I settled on a hybrid combo.
Osram Nightbreaker Laser H7 for the low beam: 2600/-
TVS LED H1 for the high beam: 5500/-

Hi there are 2 led lights from mytvs i.e tled ones and led3 ones.

The tled cost approx 5k and the led3 ones are for 2.5k however the contents of led3 are no mentioned so I wanted to know if it contains a single bulb or a pair.

Also on Amazon the pair of led3 costs around 3k for a pair.

So I am slightly confused about the pricing.
Also how is the performance after keeping the lights on for some time?

Generally led output decreases the longer the light is on due to heat build up. Also is there a fan behind the housing to cool the led heatsink?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2021 at 11:21. Reason: broken quote edited
Acid Burn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 06:45   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post
So after some thinking and budgeting around, I settled on a hybrid combo.
Osram Nightbreaker Laser H7 for the low beam: 2600/-
TVS LED H1 for the high beam: 5500/-

Hi there are 2 led lights from mytvs i.e tled ones and led3 ones.

The tled cost approx 5k and the led3 ones are for 2.5k however the contents of led3 are no mentioned so I wanted to know if it contains a single bulb or a pair.

Also on Amazon the pair of led3 costs around 3k for a pair.

So I am slightly confused about the pricing.
Also how is the performance after keeping the lights on for some time?

Generally led output decreases the longer the light is on due to heat build up. Also is there a fan behind the housing to cool the led heatsink?
The ones I got were for 5k.
It's provided as a pair AFAIK.
I have used the headlights for quite some time in a recent drive, since we were driving through a forest area after 7pm. So pitch black. I did not see any perceptible drop in headlight output.
Yes, there is a fan at the base for heat dissipation. It comfortably fits inside headlight housing cover.
Old 26th September 2021, 10:19   #581
BHPian

Quote:
The ones I got were for 5k.
It's provided as a pair AFAIK.
I have used the headlights for quite some time in a recent drive, since we were driving through a forest area after 7pm. So pitch black. I did not see any perceptible drop in headlight output.
Yes, there is a fan at the base for heat dissipation. It comfortably fits inside headlight housing cover.
I had also sent a mail to my TVs enquiring about the difference between tled and led3 model.
I got a response from them that the tled is of 4200 linens and led3 is around 3000 lumens.

Also the price of rs 3500/+ of led3 is for the pair.
Acid Burn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:51   #582
BHPian

A big thank you to RavenAvi and other forum members for the heads-up on the expected feature and safety net deletions in the XUV3OO top trim.

Like few other members, I too booked a diesel W8(O) AMT recently. The news of feature deletion & removal of knee airbag and a price hike was perturbing at the least. So I wrote to Mahindra SyouV support. Below is the mail exchange and information I received for the benefit of readers:

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-xuv3oo1.png

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-xuv3oo2.png

In essence, the deletions informed in earlier posts are coming to the W8(O) manual variants. I am still not completely in confidence and will keep a check on the VIN and the PDI to be entirely sure on this.
museycal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 16:41   #583
BHPian

I was wondering if someone can install the rear AC vents in the car. It will be helpful as rear Ac vents are required most of the time. All cars come with rear AC vents except this one.
Is there any way to do it?
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 18:38   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
In essence, the deletions informed in earlier posts are coming to the W8(O) manual variants. I am still not completely in confidence and will keep a check on the VIN and the PDI to be entirely sure on this.
Thats interesting if true. And not at all impossible. Car-makers are now well known to make weird choices in mix-n-match of features and trims. That said - what do mean exactly by being sure at the time of the PDI? If the car comes with the knee air-bag missing, is that check mainly for your information - or the 7th airbag is a deal-breaker if missing?
Old 29th September 2021, 09:41   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
It's a bit sad that even the top trim manual variant will be inferior to the automatic variant. It is extremely unfair to anyone who doesn't want an auto box. So for me this is a bitter-sweet news. It's good that at least the auto retains all the bells and whistles. However sad that the manual is getting an inferior treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
I was wondering if someone can install the rear AC vents in the car. It will be helpful as rear Ac vents are required most of the time. All cars come with rear AC vents except this one.
Is there any way to do it?
I think it would take some extensive modifications, since you would need an air intake, a blower motor, outlet vents, and fit all of that in place of the current armrest unit.
I wonder if this:
https://www.amazon.in/True-Vision-Ci...888648&sr=8-24
Could be a simpler alternative.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks