Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 18:17   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Birdie chirps that Mahindra has issued a silent recall for the XUV3OO Diesel MT and AT BS6 variants for a possible intercooler hose crack problem/defect.

Owners are requested to get this checked with their respective dealerships.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:00   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie chirps that Mahindra has issued a silent recall for the XUV3OO Diesel MT and AT BS6 variants for a possible intercooler hose crack problem/defect.

Thanks RavenAvi for this crucial information ! I am 100% sure that this could be the issue which I had reported way back in Feb/March in this thread Quoting below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Hello BHPians, Might be posting my first issue here..

My diesel W8O MT is about 40 days old and the first 1000 km was driven within the state of Goa. I had a 3700 km planned covering 4 states, and I wanted to complete the 1000 km inspection service before this planned trip. I started my drive - exit Goa, hit some good plain roads in Karnataka (the Pune Bangalore highway) and I noticed this weird sound whenever the turbo kicked in right after 1500 rpm. The best explanation of this sound that I could possibly come up with is like this - a muffled 'chu chu chu' (like a broken whistle instead of the continuous whistle that I used to hear in other diesel cars that that I have driven). And when it happens, I feel like there is a momentary loss of power before it gives the full power surge. Once noticed in the beginning of this trip, I couldn't ignore this possibly odd sound throughout the trip! Please note that this sound is not so obvious if the AC blower is running at high speed and the audio system is loud. I normally kept the AC blower at 2 and audio at 2/3 bars, during which I could clearly hear this weird turbo kick-in sound.

I am not really sure about how the turbo sounds in this vehicle is as there is not a single Diesel vehicle for test drive in Goa. I thought of testing in some other state, but I couldn't do it due to time constraints. Are there any diesel MT owners or some turbo experts here that could shed some light on whether this is how it is supposed to be?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Unfortunately I couldn't capture that sound using my phone video - it is not loud enough to get recorded. I thought I'll fix a GoPro inside the engine bay, but didn't find time to do that experiment. Meanwhile I had to visit the dealership for some other purpose and while I was there, I explained the mechanics regarding the turbo sound, and initially they were unable to 'hear' it. And once they heard it, they acknowledged and they told me that they will have to open a jobcard and I leave the vehicle with them so that they will do a diagnosis with M&M. I was not sure about leaving the car since I am doing another trip this extended weekend.

I also noticed black deposit on top of the catalytic converter / DPF, which is located right below the turbo unit. Attaching a couple of images for clarity. The black deposit is NOT oil leaking from the turbo oil inlet - it feels powdery to touch - like soot. A zoomed out photo for more clarity of where this area in the engine bay is!

I'm not sure how many BS6 diesel owners are there in the forum but whoever reads this may check it out in your engine bay and post an update if possible.

Thanks!
One more user also reported this issue back then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
I drove my BILs XUV 300 for a long trip yesterday and I had the exact same observation. I think its the Turbo.
A few users in the FB group also reported this issue.

Last edited by Goandiaries : 30th September 2021 at 10:01.
Goandiaries is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:00   #588
BHPian

Facing a very serious issue with my 2 month old XUV300 W8(O). The driver seatbelt randomly unbuckles when driving. Sometimes I'm even able to pull it out with a tug. This issue is not always reproducible and very random.

Now I showed this to the Mahindra service - Sahyadri Motors, Wakad and asked them very seriously to consider this urgent and replace the seatbelt assembly under warranty. They just kept the vehicle for a day and said the problem is not reproducible. I did not expect such a disgusting response from a manufacturer that claims to now make safe vehicles. So much for 5-star safety when the seatbelt mechanism itself is faulty.

I have asked the service guys to give me in writing that the seatbelt assembly is fine. Now I will have to go through the hassle of pointing my dashcam inwards towards the driver and get a video recording of the seatbelt un-buckling itself when driving. Replacing the seatbelt assembly is not costly but I plan to do it at some other service dealer once I get the evidence video about it unbuckling randomly. Its not about the cost but the pathetic response by Mahindra to such a serious issue.

Mods, please help me if this could be highlighted to someone higher up in Mahindra or moved to a new thread for visibility.
jagzrk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:26   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Facing a very serious issue with my 2 month old XUV300 W8(O). The driver seatbelt randomly unbuckles when driving.
It is indeed a very serious issue and the dealership appears to be callous and clueless.

Kindly write to Mr Abdul Syed, Head Customer Experience at syed.abdulhanif@mahindra.com for a possible speedy resolution of the problem.
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:55   #590
BHPian

Tweeted to Mahindra Customer Service but got no response. Talked to the manager of service and clearly told him I will have to record the incident of the seat-belt unbuckling randomly during a drive and make it public if the official response is going to "There is no problem with seat-belt assembly."

Within 3 hours I've been informed that the seat-belt assembly has been replaced and my vehicle will be ready shortly. I don't understand why they couldn't do it in the first place. I understand this is a random issue and not every time the seatbelt is going to come out by itself or when tugged. But, its not like someone would just want to replace a seatbelt for the heck of it. My service advisor had personally seen me tug out the seatbelt with my hand. But the mechanic staff was insistent on reproducing the issue themselves it seems when it is so random. On the Bluesense Plus app, I could see my car start and stop notifications for around 40 minutes in the morning which means that is the amount of time they spent diagnosing the issue, at best.

Its just that my first experience of an issue (its not even a niggle, this is something that can decide whether the driver lives or not) has not been so good with Mahindra. Such issues should not need escalation or debates with the higher ups. I sincerely hope they have really resolved the issue. Would update here if I face the issue again.

Last edited by jagzrk : 30th September 2021 at 15:56.
jagzrk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:50   #591

As a newbie here, I wanted my first post here to be about a travelogue in my XUV 300 W8(O). But fate had other plans and the first post about my car is about a pretty serious issue.

I had purchased the car in May 2019 and as it's my only car, it's been used in the city as well as for frequent highway trips. On an average, I shuttle up and down to Coorg from Bangalore around twice a month. Absolutely loved the torque rush and the almost car-like driving dynamics. A niggle-free, freshly baked Mahindra car with absolutely no issues for 2 years? I knew this was too good to be true.

And I was right. Cut to the last week of August 2021 and during one of my usual drives to Coorg, I suddenly could not shift the gear from 2nd to 3rd. I passed it off thinking I had not pressed the clutch at the right time while shifting gears and this might have caused the resistance. But no, a few kilometers later, the same issue popped up. This time the issue was slotting it from 4th to 5th gear. I had carefully pressed the clutch and shifted the gear at the same time, so I realized that was not the issue.

The whole journey was a great struggle in engaging the gear as I have never faced such resistance doing the same ever. Returned back to Bangalore the next day and immediately drove the car to the Anant Car Service Center on Bannerghatta Road. The Service Advisor and the technician went on a drive and upon inspection, it was concluded that there was an issue with the gearbox and that they would have to check the same in detail. Mind you, this was on the 1st of September, 2021.

A couple of days later, the Service Advisor informed me that the whole gearbox needed to be replaced and there seemed to be a defect with the gear teeth. Now to be honest, I am not very technically oriented with the inner parts and workings of a gearbox. I was quite flabbergasted as the car had only run 24k kms at the time of the incident. The only relief was that the car was still under warranty.

The Service Advisor told me it would take around 10 days for the issue to be fixed as the parts would have to come from the Chakan Plant. Since it was a manufacturing default, I requested the Service Advisor to provide a Loaner car till my car was fixed. The SA very bluntly denied this request and told me they they "do not have the concept of a loaner car". I found this to be very strange and quite appalling that he did not even consider the request.

This saga went on and every time I called the SA, he would just say the parts are yet to come. I began to lose my patience on this. The callousness of the SA was just atrocious. Multiple follow-ups were just met with the same answer. So I decided to reach out to their Assistant Service Manager. As soon as I appraised him of the situation, he did promptly follow up and check on the issue whilst taking it off the hands of the earlier SA.

Finally, on the 16th of September, the ASM informed me that the gearbox had come and they would fix it and get it ready to be delivered by the 18th. My spirits did go up as I thought the ordeal would end here.

But it was not the case. On the 18th, the ASM informed me that during a drive they had taken to check the gearbox before delivery, they found that issue still persisted a bit and they had to order another part, which would take another 10 days, to fix this. The ASM understood my frustration with the issue and as there was still no loaner car given, he promised that he would get all my cab expenses reimbursed for the time period that my car was in the workshop. This was a kind gesture, but I was still very pissed off about the whole situation.

At my wits end, I reached out to the Bangalore chapter of Team-BHP and appraised them of the situation at hand. A big thank you to BHPians TurboGuy, vishwasvr and pastey93 for helping me out and putting me in touch with Vikram from the TORC Group. Vikram helped me contact the CCM for Ananth Cars. The CCM heard me out completely and was also shocked himself that no loaner car was given.

The CCM apologized for all the inconvenience I was put through and explained that there has been a huge backlog in receiving parts from the Chakan plant and hence there were severe delays faced for many such situations. I did not know Mahindra were facing delay issues with normal spare parts, was only aware of the chip shortage situation. He did, however, arrange for a Marazzo for me as I had to travel out of town in a couple of days and I had no other car to drive. This was a very thoughtful gesture by the CCM and kudos to him for arranging a car for me at such short notice.

As of today, the 1st of October, its been a month since my car has been at the workshop. I have been promised by the ASM that the car will be ready today and I can pick it up in the evening. I hope I am not let down at least this time. The service center has done its bit to appease me, but this level of quality and delay from Mahindra along with the initial refusal to provide a loaner car is simply unacceptable.

A big thank you to this community again for giving me so many option to address my grievance. Hopefully, I can update this post with some good news by tonight.
Turbo_Lawyer is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 15:39   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Lawyer View Post
As a newbie here, I wanted my first post here to be about a travelogue in my XUV 300 W8(O). But fate had other plans and the first post about my car is about a pretty serious issue.
Hope your issues are solved soon enough. Let this be the only fly in the ointment of your ownership experience.

For someone who has booked the W8(O) variant, this is alarming. I've already got an update that there's a semiconductor issue and hence delay in delivery. The drivability, rugged feel and cabin space are what made me and the family choose XUV300, but now I feel maybe I should look at other options.
SoupRaw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 16:22   #593
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you for the heads-up! I shall contact my service guy ASAP. The recall should've been explicit. It's not good to do a silent one.

Good to see the seatbelt issue resolved finally. The attitude towards it is unacceptable.

Also good to see they did provide a loaner car to Turbo_Lawyer. I remember having heard of one other case in Gujarat where they had also provided a Marazzo as a loaner for someone getting a 300 repaired.

It's sad to see so many issues faced in one single page of the forum!

I think this is the first time I've read so many issues in one go. Let's hope this was just bad timing.
ashishk29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 23:16   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Thank you for the heads-up! I shall contact my service guy ASAP. The recall should've been explicit. It's not good to do a silent one.
Been to Anant Cars, Bannerghata Rd and asked the service manager there regarding this. He asked his service advisor to check for my VIN and their system did not show any update/recall for my car. I guess it is for certain batch of the BS6 diesels? Or maybe there is no advice yet to the service stations? Only a correction and software flash for reverse sensors were showing for recall in my case. I enquired with a service center (Ramani) directly in TN, and through a friend with another center (CAI). CAI said they haven't received any instructions yet from their heads, while the other just asked for my car number and checked with their system - pretty much the same like what Anant Cars, BLR did.
Goandiaries is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:00   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
In essence, the deletions informed in earlier posts are coming to the W8(O) manual variants. I am still not completely in confidence and will keep a check on the VIN and the PDI to be entirely sure on this.
You have a reason to smile buddy on the knee airbags. Mahindra has updated the brochure now and yes, the knee airbags are removed only in the manual variant.

Name:  Xuv300_airbag.JPG
Views: 1728
Size:  19.7 KB

The irony is that yesterday only I asked the same question to the dealer and he was very confident that the knee airbags are going away in both manual and automatic and they even got an official email on this. However, the brochure should be the official one since it has got an update on 30th september as per the URL and file name. Attaching the latest brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV300 - Brochure--30SEP.pdf (2.03 MB, 265 views)
skarthiksr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 06:33   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
You have a reason to smile buddy on the knee airbags. Mahindra has updated the brochure now and yes, the knee airbags are removed only in the manual variant.

Attachment 2214351

The irony is that yesterday only I asked the same question to the dealer and he was very confident that the knee airbags are going away in both manual and automatic and they even got an official email on this. However, the brochure should be the official one since it has got an update on 30th september as per the URL and file name. Attaching the latest brochure.
Thanks for the confirmation! It's sad to see it go for the manual, but at least it's still 6 airbags and not 2. I don't know of any C-SUV that gets more than 2.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:25   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation! It's sad to see it go for the manual, but at least it's still 6 airbags and not 2. I don't know of any C-SUV that gets more than 2.
The Ecosport, Venue, Sonet all have 6-airbag variants! How safe the vehicle itself is, esp the Korean twins - is anybody's guess though.
ph03n!x is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 15:23   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The Ecosport, Venue, Sonet all have 6-airbag variants! How safe the vehicle itself is, esp the Korean twins - is anybody's guess though.
Oh right. I knew about Ecosport I think, I wasn't aware of Venue and Sonet getting 6 airbags. The safety, big question.

On another note: I talked to my service advisor about the coolant pipe recall, and he said that I'd get a call if my car falls in the batch. If not, I have nothing to worry about.

He also said that knee airbag, door lights will be removed from all variants. Not just the manual.

I also asked him about the heated ORVMs, and he said they wouldn't be able to do it in service because the wiring etc would be missing. So I'm not sure what I want to do about the heated ORVMs at this point.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:09   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know. When I checked with the dealership immediately after the above post they said they were not aware of this for diesel BS6 vehicles.
However I just got a call from them that my vehicle is on the list from MnM to get the intercooler hose checked and I will do so, mine being a Feb 21 manufactured XUV W8O MT diesel having run 11500 kms so far without any problems.
Maybe, others will be notified during the course of this week and I am happy that Mahindra is doing this.
Duckdoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 14:57   #600
BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20211005103410.jpg

Intercooler hose replaced and old one sent to Mahindra for inspection and evaluation.
Duckdoc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks