Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 12:39   #631
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Checked the vehicle alloted to me in yard today.

1. 7th airbag is removed, Mine is an October model.
2. Rear fog lamps and door ajar indicators are deleted.

Wanted advice from members. The price quoted is 15.29 lakhs OTR after discounts for the Diesel W8(O). How much can I haggle for the deleted features?

I'm disappointed with the feature deletion. Don't wanna pay the same for less features. Might go for Seltos HTX plus variant or wait for some time as a car is not absolutely necessary now.
SoupRaw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 14:50   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRaw View Post
Checked the vehicle alloted to me in yard today.

1. 7th airbag is removed, Mine is an October model.
2. Rear fog lamps and door ajar indicators are deleted.

Wanted advice from members. The price quoted is 15.29 lakhs OTR after discounts for the Diesel W8(O). How much can I haggle for the deleted features?

I'm disappointed with the feature deletion. Don't wanna pay the same for less features. Might go for Seltos HTX plus variant or wait for some time as a car is not absolutely necessary now.
I am still waiting for my XUV 300 W8 Petrol, but my 2 cents here:

Its a decision from Mahindra to remove those featureand the dealer really doesn't have a role to play here.

The important feature you're missing out is really just the 7th airbag.

I don't know the purpose of the Door Ajar lamps - but if that is to warn vehicles coming from behind that the door is open - then a reflector would do fine really.
As for the fog lamps - that could easily be fitted after market.
You could obviously & easliy bargain on the insurance - thats where they make a killing. Get a quote from Acko and ask them to match it. They won't match that price but would surely bring it closer.

Another thing you can bargain on is the Handling Charges. They do waive off in some cases.

These day's i think there's a 20K exchange bonus - you get that amount discounted even without exchanging your old vehicle from them. I got that discount.

As for Seltos - I thinks that car falls in to a different category. Comparison won't be fair. All the research i've done so far suggests the XUV having a very refined and superior diesel engine. So i'd suggest not giving up on it so soon. + ofcourse the 5 Star safety rating.
mihir_m13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:29   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SoupRaw,

Which dealer did you get the quote from? I got a quote of ~15.5L for the same Diesel W8(O) Manual, although I didn't pursue the discussion further. It seems like there is a bit more of wiggle room.

Regarding the features, imho these aren't really big features getting missed. I suppose with the rising commodities prices, they decided to delete some of these redundant features to keep the price intact.

Just quickly checking, is there a request sensor for the passenger side door? Most cars deleted them in their revisions, wanted to check if it's part of it or not.
Old 20th October 2021, 17:51   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hi SoupRaw,

Which dealer did you get the quote from? I got a quote of ~15.5L for the same Diesel W8(O) Manual
Anant Cars, Mysore road. I also get visors, door sill protectors and a few basic accessories included. Who is your dealer? How much is your insurance? I got quoted 30k. Seems reasonable compared online which shows 25k+ GST.

Quote:
Just quickly checking, is there a request sensor for the passenger side door? Most cars deleted them in their revisions, wanted to check if it's part of it or not.
Not sure.
SoupRaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:01   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Who is your dealer? How much is your insurance? I got quoted 30k. Seems reasonable compared online which shows 25k+ GST.
I've been in touch with Sireesh Auto, Silk Board and India Garage, Whitefield.

Sireesh gave me the quote of ~15.5L after the test drive as an indicative figure. I felt there should be further wiggle room and now it confirms this.

Didn't ask details of the insurance etc. But they said they'll match the market rate. The 30k seems reasonable so should be good.

I'll check Anant Cars as well. I had checked the XUV7OO at their Marathahalli showroom and later had told them that I'm sticking with my interest in 3OO. But no one reached out post that.
Old 21st October 2021, 08:40   #636
BHPian

I got a call from my service Center to get a head unit software update. So i went in and got it done.
Another colleague has a W8 petrol, and i asked them to check if his car also has an update pending.
They checked and told me there's a diffrent update for him which has to do with the rear parking system.

So in summation:
A head unit software update for the W8(o), and a rear parking system update for the W8.
Old 21st October 2021, 13:26   #637
BHPian

Cancelled my booking today. I had actually gone to finalize the finance process when I got quoted new price. The sales advisor allotted to me had quit so this new guy said new prices will apply. 40 days of waiting and nobody bothered telling me about the price increase.

Told him firmly that the original quote is ok, else I won't proceed. He said the new price is final.

Long story short - Anant Cars, Mysore Road lost a customer for just INR 16k.
SoupRaw is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 16:18   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Cancelled my booking today. I had actually gone to finalize the finance process when I got quoted new price. The sales advisor allotted to me had quit so this new guy said new prices will apply. 40 days of waiting and nobody bothered telling me about the price increase.

Told him firmly that the original quote is ok, else I won't proceed. He said the new price is final.

Long story short - Anant Cars, Mysore Road lost a customer for just INR 16k.
Man that sales rep really whiffed it. It is so pointless to lose a customer over a (relatively)meager 16k. Sad.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:53   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra has 10% cancellation penalty on the booking amount right? Was that also applied on your cancellation?
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:21   #640
BHPian

I am in the market looking for a compact SUV and have finalized XUV 300. However am torn between the petrol and diesel variant.
Family wants the sunroof which is present in Diesel W8 and Petrol W8(O). Was leaning towards diesel(around 50-60 k cheaper) but a quick calculation showed that my running is not that high , especially after the hybrid working model that my company is rolling out.
Another problem with diesel is the Delhi NCR 10 year rule. Although theoretically I would change this car after 10 years but still having additional 5 years adds to the peace of mind.
On the test drives both fell equally well but definitely diesel has more punch.
What do you guys suggest. Running would be max 8- 9k kms per year.
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:41   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Mahindra has 10% cancellation penalty on the booking amount right? Was that also applied on your cancellation?
No idea. Its not a significant amount, just 1k(Booking-11K). So shouldn't matter.
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:55   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
However am torn between the petrol and diesel
On the test drives both fell equally well but definitely diesel has more punch.
What do you guys suggest.
I felt the petrol was lethargic compared to diesel, but the petrol by itself packs a pretty punch. Mileage is on the lower side if you're into that. Also didn't like the sound of the 3 cylinder engine.

Be advised about the BS6 issues in diesel. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...pf-issues.html (Now, Mahindra Marazzo suffers severe DPF issues)

Seems like petrol is your best bet.
SoupRaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 15:39   #643
BHPian

Quote:

1. I found the clutch to be on the heavier side. Although it's typical of a diesel unit, is that the case with all XUV3OO? The reason why I ask this is because Nexon has super light clutch which is a delight to use in traffic.

2. Many have said that the lack of rear AC vent is not missed much since the main AC is powerful enough. Folks who are using the car in hot/humid places like Kerala, Mumbai, Chennai etc., have you ever felt the need of vents in the rear seat?

3. Realistically, how many bags can be put in the luggage? When I checked the car, visually it looks like it can pack maybe 4 cabin or 2 big suitcases along with some backpacks.

4. Are the rear disc brakes also fitted with ABS? Or is it only front disc brakes? I also found the bite to be a little soft, couldn't get much feedback but the car does slow down comfortably. Do others also feel the same?
Looks like the condition of the car that you drove wasn't very good.

1. The clutch is super light on this one. Having driven a petrol as well as a diesel Nexon, I can say that it is a tad lighter than both.

2. The AC is powerful and my passengers did not miss the rear vents in peak summers of Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Jaipur, Vidarbha. But I've also seen owners from Bangalore complain about the lack of rear vents. So it's a subjective call and you should try it for yourself.

3. One big suitcase with 2-3 cabin trolleys + few backpacks is doable. I've never been able to fit 2 big suitcases

4. The brake bite is well spread across pedal movement and is one of the most reassuring factors about this vehicle.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 18:20   #644
BHPian

Quote:
I felt the petrol was lethargic compared to diesel, but the petrol by itself packs a pretty punch. Mileage is on the lower side if you're into that. Also didn't like the sound of the 3 cylinder engine.

Be advised about the BS6 issues in diesel. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...pf-issues.html (Now, Mahindra Marazzo suffers severe DPF issues)

Seems like petrol is your best bet.
Yeah going through the various problems BS6 diesels are having does put the petrol as a better bet.
Not much concerned for fuel efficiency as running is not that high. However will miss the diesel punch.
Mahindra could have provided the sunroof in W8 and it would have saved me some dough. Another stupidity that dealer quotes is that a offer (20 k exchange bonus + some cash discount) is valid for this month, but may not be valid in the delivery month. Now there would be a minimum 4-8 weeks of waiting period. So what's the use of showing these discounts now.

Last edited by Peterf : 22nd October 2021 at 18:27.
Old 22nd October 2021, 19:01   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
Now there would be a minimum 4-8 weeks of waiting period. So what's the use of showing these discounts now.
I must tell you, I cancelled the booking after the sales executive started quoting new numbers and telling me that corporate discount was not available because my company was not listed blah blah(different price was quoted when I booked). I came home and realized with the rising fuel costs, that its better to postpone the car purchase for now. What if the NGT ban on diesel is implemented in Bangalore? One more thing to worry about.

Mahindra needs to take note. XUV300 has a niche crowd. They're butchering an already misplaced product, removing features that made it special once and increasing prices to add insult to the injury.

Mahindra is the worst enemy for XUV300, not Sonet, Nexon or Venue. I don't understand what they're trying to do.
SoupRaw is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks