Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 20:31   #721

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

I have a XUV 3OO W8 O AMT purchased on 31st March 2021.
I could not drive much in the initial months since the 2nd big lockdown started the next week I took the car.
But after that till date have driven ~5000KMS and I must say it has been a awsome experience.

Now coming to the Radio problem some people mentioned that the radio switches on as soon as they get into the car which is really annoying.

I also faced this problem in the initial days. Many of you guys might mute it once you get in the car. I used to do the same. But that does not solve the issue.

So the best thing would be to switch off the ICE totally before you get out of the vehicle. You can do that by pressing the button you use for mute for 2-3 seconds.

So the ICE totally gets switched off and you can switch off the ignition and lock the car.

Once you come ack and get inside the ICE does not switch on. I mean the screen is on but the ICE system is not on.

You can then start it if required by pressing the same button. Then it starts in Radio. This cannot be avoided.

I generally switch off the ICE before turning of the ignition. And when I start driving I only switch on if required or keep it in off condition.

This will surely solve the annoying problem with radio starting automatically.
Eco_Driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:33   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hey XUV300 owners,

I'm facing a few bugs/quirks so to speak and wanted to know if this is a common problem:

1. Bluetooth Bug:

2. Rear Wiper/Washer Quirk
This a rather annoying quirk I noticed with the rear wiper/washer and I suspect it's the BS6 models which have this behavior. The washer spray is slightly delayed which means that the wiper is already half way past by the time the water is sprayed down.

3. Oversteer on rumble strips
I have noticed a particularly surprising behavior in the XUV300 (and potentially risky as well). If we turn the car on rumble strips, the car has terrible oversteer and in many cases I believe it's the ESP that's keeping it pointed straight. I have reproduced this multiple times now to say that this is definitely a behavior and not a random event. It occurs even at speeds of 40kmph, so definitely not high-speed induced. Are others also facing this? What could be the reason for this?

4. Extremely sensitive cold brakes?
The brakes are extremely sensitive during the initial 5-10mins of drive (from a cold start). Even small, light inputs to the brake brings the car to a sudden halt and causes whiplash. Couple of times it was so hard that my wife got sore because of the belt restraining her. Is this behavior normal? I have definitely not seen this with other cars.
1. The rear wiper issue is certainly annoying. I noticed it since day one, but wasn't aware that this issue isn't present on BS4 vehicles.
2. The oversteer you're referring to, I suspect it plays out differently. While on rumble strips, the suspension keeps "bouncing" so to speak. At one of the positions, the tyres have very little grip, and hence turn easily. I suspect that's the oversteer effect you're referring to.
3. The cold-start brake thing, I have felt it a couple of times, but that's it. Could it be related to handbrake being discs? I had read something along these lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_Driven View Post
So the best thing would be to switch off the ICE totally before you get out of the vehicle. You can do that by pressing the button you use for mute for 2-3 seconds.
This is a life-saver! I did not know that long press switches the head unit off. Definitely will give this a shot.
Old 10th December 2021, 00:57   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Hey XUV300 owners,

This a rather annoying quirk I noticed with the rear wiper/washer and I suspect it's the BS6 models which have this behavior. The washer spray is slightly delayed which means that the wiper is already half way past by the time the water is sprayed down. What this means is that when the wiper comes back, it just cleans the water off the windshield without using it to clean. More like a double whammy. What's interesting is that at the service center there were 2 other XUV300s. The BS4 one was calibrated perfectly, the water spray would turn on first and then the wiper starts moving so that water is perfectly scooped up to wipe the windshield. Whereas, in the BS6 models (including mine) the wiper would move past.

Note: It is unclear if the difference is due to models being BS4 vs. BS6. Logically it doesn't make sense, however, that's the only difference that the technical manager could point fingers to.
Have observed this in mine too. I thought this could be due to low wiper fluid levels in my tank.
Old 10th December 2021, 09:11   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Hey XUV300 owners,

I'm facing a few bugs/quirks so to speak and wanted to know if this is a common problem:

This a rather annoying quirk I noticed with the rear wiper/washer and I suspect it's the BS6 models which have this behavior. The washer spray is slightly delayed which means that the wiper is already half way past by the time the water is sprayed down. What this means is that when the wiper comes back, it just cleans the water off the windshield without using it to clean. More like a double whammy. What's interesting is that at the service center there were 2 other XUV300s. The BS4 one was calibrated perfectly, the water spray would turn on first and then the wiper starts moving so that water is perfectly scooped up to wipe the windshield. Whereas, in the BS6 models (including mine) the wiper would move past.

Note: It is unclear if the difference is due to models being BS4 vs. BS6. Logically it doesn't make sense, however, that's the only difference that the technical manager could point fingers to.
You might be right. I got my car on 4th Nov. We did a highway trip when it was raining and i did use that feature extensively but since the glass was already wet from the rain - didn't pay too much attention to that. Let me confirm this in by tomorrow. Only thing i remember is there was definitely a delay in the spray from the jet.

In any case - was the service center able to fix it?
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 09:35   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
2. The oversteer you're referring to, I suspect it plays out differently. While on rumble strips, the suspension keeps "bouncing" so to speak.

3. The cold-start brake thing, I have felt it a couple of times, but that's it. Could it be related to handbrake being discs? I had read something along these lines.
That is definitely my theory on the oversteer behaviour as well. However, wanted to know if others have felt the same.

The cold brake seems to be because of handbrakes being discs. The SA asked me at what position I keep the handbrake while parking. I usually keep it at low-medium position, just about where it gets a little tight since I park on a flat surface. The SA couldn't really diagnose the problem with that though. He only suggest to pump the brakes a few times after cold start. Will try this the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Have observed this in mine too. I thought this could be due to low wiper fluid levels in my tank.
No it is unrelated. I tried by filling the tank to the max level and it still behaves the same way. The reason is that the washer pump is at the front. So when we push the wiper lever, both the pump and wiper motor turn on at the same time. However, for the pump to build the pressure it takes time. Ideally, it should be calibrated such that the wiper motor has a delayed start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
In any case - was the service center able to fix it?
Unfortunately no. It's not something they can fix since it deals with how the MBFM is coded. The only way to fix this is to get Mahindra fix this by updating their ECU for MBFM. The SA checked my MBFM version and it was up to date. He flashed it once to double check and the wiper still had the same behaviour.

Please report this to your technical manager at the service center and push them for reporting this to Mahindra. I'm thinking of contacting Mahindra through WithYouHamesha or mails to also tell them of this bug.

As an interim solution, the only option is clean the rear windshield once manually before we start driving so that the wiper blade isn't dusty.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 11th December 2021 at 09:36.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 09:32   #726
BHPian

Got these fixed yesterday. Original from Mahindra. Cost Rs 7920/-

Happy with the finish. I don't think i would have got anything better from any of those car accessory shops.

Wanted to get the beige (like the one in the W8 (O) when i booked the car but they were out of stock. So had to wait and then I decided i wanted a shade of brown - looks less dirty.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-2.jpeg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-3.jpeg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-4.jpeg
mihir_m13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 19:40   #727

Today my driver side (rh) windows stopped working. Reason was a blown fuse (2nd time in a week). I will be taking my car to an authorised dealer for finding and solving this issue. Has anyone faced such an issue, if yes, please guide me.
KVsidewinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:51   #728
BHPian

Its been just 6 weeks since i got my W8 Petrol and in twice in the last 2 weeks - i've the OBD light (Engine On Board Diagnostics) light coming up. Last time I had to take it to the service center and they said some invalid codes had come up so they erased it and the problem has been sorted. No problem with the engine. And today the OBD light comes up again. So will have to take it to the service center again this saturday. Lets see. But i hope this time they do a thorough check and sort it out once and for all.

Am really feeling pissed at this. Costs me a lot of time wasted. Any of you faced this problem?
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:39   #729
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

I don't know when the XUV300 facelift is due, but I saw some camouflaged test mule near Manali today. The silhouette was of the XUV300, even the headlight looked familiar/similar, but the odd 3 piece LED DRLs were replaced by a single LED DRL Unit, more like a Saber Tooth LED Light, if you can paint a picture.

I could not notice the rear lights or any other details. The test mule was only camouflaged in the front, and the sides were all open. I think it was a Red colored car.

Anyone in Himachal Pradesh, especially near Manali, keep an eye out for that test mule. Will try and click a photo if I spot it again.

P.S. - Just confirmed from a source, it was the new look XUV300 Electric.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd December 2021 at 07:29. Reason: As requested
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:58   #730

[quote=mihir_m13;5215074]Got these fixed yesterday. Original from Mahindra. Cost Rs 7920/-

Happy with the finish. I don't think i would have got anything better from any of those car accessory shops.

Wanted to get the beige (like the one in the W8 (O) when i booked the car but they were out of stock. So had to wait and then I decided i wanted a shade of brown - looks less dirty.

Hello mihir_m13,

Nice cover job done there. I am also looking to replace the seat covers of my XUV300. Request let me know the following:
1) Did you purchase these from the dealer or from the m2all site?
2) Did he replace the original covers or fitted these on top of them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:32   #731

Hello XUV300 owners from Pune,

I am coming up for the 10K service interval shortly. Requesting your advice on the service centres i should go to/avoid.
The 1k interval was done at Thane as I was there at the time.

Thanks .
Old 23rd December 2021, 13:00   #732
BHPian

[quote=Sachin_s74;5220569]
Quote:
Got these fixed yesterday. Original from Mahindra. Cost Rs 7920/-

Hello mihir_m13,

Nice cover job done there. I am also looking to replace the seat covers of my XUV300. Request let me know the following:
1) Did you purchase these from the dealer or from the m2all site?
2) Did he replace the original covers or fitted these on top of them?

Thanks in advance.
Sachin,
I purchsed it from the dealer but had to show them the picture of this particular one from the m2all site as they had very limited stock.
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...at-covers.html
Once i showed them what i wanted - they procured it for me from Mahindra.

With W8 - there are no original covers like the W8 (O) - so it was just fitted on top the original seats with the black fabric - the way they came.
Old 23rd December 2021, 15:47   #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_s74 View Post
Hello XUV300 owners from Pune,

I am coming up for the 10K service interval shortly. Requesting your advice on the service centres i should go to/avoid.
The 1k interval was done at Thane as I was there at the time.

Thanks .

Hi Sachin_s74. I also live in Pune. I had my first service done from Silver Jubilee Motors in Hadapsar. The service was good and they gave clear communication regarding the service.
I had issues with my AC getting switched off on its own due to a faulty ECU or circuit. They changed it under warranty without any issues.

You can try out Silver Jubilee. But again Mahindra service is a hit or miss depending on their mood.

I will be going next month sometime for my 10K service there again.
Eco_Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 16:17   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Its been just 6 weeks since i got my W8 Petrol and in twice in the last 2 weeks - i've the OBD light (Engine On Board Diagnostics) light coming up. Last time I had to take it to the service center and they said some invalid codes had come up so they erased it and the problem has been sorted. No problem with the engine. And today the OBD light comes up again. So will have to take it to the service center again this saturday. Lets see. But i hope this time they do a thorough check and sort it out once and for all.

Am really feeling pissed at this. Costs me a lot of time wasted. Any of you faced this problem?
So i got my car checked again last Friday from the dealers quick service workshop (Where they just clean the car and do basic service - no major repairs but have the diagnostic tool) and again they were seeing some error codes but no description. They removed to error codes and now the OBD light is gone. These were from theLambda Sensors.

Now what they are telling me is the Lambda Sensor could be faulty and they will do a more thorough check on the entire system and if need be replace is but since they don't have it in stock -they'll first procure it and will give me a call once they have it so i won't have to put my car at the workshop twice. Lets see. But its a sensor too important to ignore. Besides - since the car is under warranty they'll replace for free if there's a problem.
Old 28th December 2021, 20:47   #735
BHPian

Nearly 18000 km run in just over 9 months. Just got back from Chikmagalur. The engine seems to have settled well.
FE from Shoolagiri to our house, a distance of 153 km covered in 2 hrs 11 min with the FE shown below:Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20211228_202000.jpg
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks