Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 12:30   #751
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Its too small to spoil your head over that. Just to ensure it doesn't rust further - apply a little white oil paint on it with a small paint brush. Should be enough.
mihir_m13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:38   #752
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Had a small weekend drive to Sakleshpur. The weather is just perfect and ideal for treks..
Finally I saw your car from the pictorial scenic views. How was your experience till now & do you face any challenges with 180mm GC on bad roads. I have recently booked XUV300 and not sure how 180 mm behaves on rough road.
Had a small weekend drive to Sakleshpur. The weather is just perfect and ideal for treks..
Finally I saw your car from the pictorial scenic views. How was your experience till now & do you face any challenges with 180mm GC on bad roads. I have recently booked XUV300 and not sure how 180 mm behaves on rough road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Osram LED H1 25W (Available on Amazon)

Did you check yours? Is it 25W or 35W?

I have already purchased for fog lamps too but those are low cost chinese LEDs. Yet to install though.
Just need to understand if we can install IPH projector Fog lamp in XUV300. I just booked XUV300 so not sure about its accessories. Saw IPH projectors working very well in most of the cars with round Fogs but not sure about xuv300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitin View Post
Hey guys, I have mine booked two weeks back..the W8 (0) petrol MT costing 13.97 OTR in Hyderabad. Going by the experience of ashishk29 and comments in some other forums, contemplating replacing 17' with 16' for peace of mind on patchy highways..would it be too weird a thought? :confused ..help pls!
I think W8 O comes with tyre's wall size of 55 mm, only that can be considered as concern but most of the cars nowadays comes with this wall size, so if you feel more bumpy then you can upgrade the tyre with 65mm wall.
you won't feel any issue with R17 size as these are broad tyres so no small potholes will make you nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRaw View Post
Have booked the W8(O) diesel last week. Heard about the feature deletion which pissed me off to no end.

Talked to the sales guy today and told him I won't be going ahead if I don't see the 7th airbag and door ajar lamps during the PDI. He assured me if that's the case he would procure a vehicle that has the said options. Told him I'm fine with even a July or August manufactured vehicle.

Thoughts?
Seventh airbag is not part of the Option variant. What did the SA say and how did you proceed with the billing?

I am from Gurgaon and was looking for new car as current car is getting 10 years sooner.

I will definitely write a separate post of search \ research \ TD \ Sorting etc. and how I finalize XUV300, Yes !!!
I booked XUV 300 W8 D on 18Jan2022, but not from Gurgaon. I booked from a different city in Haryana as I was getting the exchange bonus without exchange of car, OTR was 13.0 Lac as I was getting almost 20k discount from there and few more bargaining.

Most of M&M car's price got hike in second week of Jan and for 300 price revise did not happen I was thinking this because of declining sales figure, to my surprise SA told that price has been revised by approx 20k and will be effective on my booking as well. Yes I was aware that final price at the time of billing will be applied.

I am currently driving Duster Diesel which is having 16" wheel size and ground clearance is more than 200 mm, over this I have upgraded the wheel size to 18" making the GC to more than 210mm. I never ever think about holes or potholes but I have to undergo Suspension replacement every alternate year.

I have only concern with GC with XUV300 which has 180mm that too unladen. Gurgaon has mostly damaged or under constructive roads , big Speed breakers , and Swimming pool size Potholes. Can someone share if you face any issue with breakers or other issue due to GC.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2022 at 05:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 20th January 2022, 23:20   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSharma1984 View Post
Seventh airbag is not part of the Option variant. What did the SA say and how did you proceed with the billing?
Hey MSharma! 7th airbag WAS a part of the optional variant when I booked the vehicle, but was removed before the vehicle was dispatched. I ended up canceling the booking long back and I'm currently waiting for Sonet as I test drive others owing to the long waiting period Kushaq impressed me but the budget constraint is keeping me from going ahead. That 1.5 is a jewel of an engine and the driving dynamics is impressive for someone coming from an Ikon 1.6!

Not really happy with this practice of Mahindra, which leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Sure, they have great products and pricing but the feature deletion with price increase is a bad practice which I detest. The branch manager tried his best, but I had already decided to look for other vehicles. Also the executive didn't do his part of informing me about price hikes. It's as if once you book the vehicle they take you for granted.

I booked Sonet diesel automatic since I found it to be well rounded to drive and convenient in the overpopulated urban jungle called Bangalore. Only the rear seat space is a bit cumbersome, but manageable nonetheless. Now that I think about it, things worked out in my favor since XUV I booked was manual and the automatic offering wasn't appealing.

Last edited by SoupRaw : 20th January 2022 at 23:22.
Old 31st January 2022, 20:56   #754
BHPian

Update: 20000 km with a March '21 XUV 300 W8 OPT Diesel MT

It's a little over 10 months since I bought a BS 6 XUV 300 W8 Opt and I see the thread has gone quiet, so I am posting my experience of 10000-20000 kms with it.

Having sorted out my issue with the 3 point rear middle seat belt earlier, I thought I would be at peace but there were 2 issues which kept bugging me till it was resolved almost at 20000 kms.

The first one was the stock MRF Ecotred tyres. Not only was it noisy, there was hardly any grip. Unfortunately, in a tier 2 city there were no takers in the tyre market early on as it was r17 rims. Besides as I had to make multiple trips to Chennai on roads which were a disgrace to be called highways, I thought I would put up with it, as I presumed MRF would have less wear, until there was an excuse. Fortunately, lo and behold, after a 2000 km trip during the last week of '21, I found a nail embedded in the juxta side wall and changed 2 tyres to Conti, put them in front and got wheel balancing and alignment done. My plan is to change the other two also to Conti after another 5000 kms. The difference in noise and grip is phenomenal.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20220104_194949.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20220105_152523.jpg

The other bug bear was the sound system, as highlighted by multiple users. It produced tinny, flat sound with no bass. I tried convincing myself that it was sufficient but honestly, it was pathetic. The last straw was when I was sitting as a passenger in my daughter's 3rd gen City bought in 2010 after a long time and listening to music, it sounded so much better and I could no longer live with this noise maker. I did read the following threads many times before deciding what to do:

https://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/...audio-installs

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...elp-gurus.html (Mahindra XUV300 ICE upgrade - Need some help from the gurus)

I did come to a sort of compromise, not resort to a very high end install but nevertheless have a reasonably good one. After a lot of research, as the install had to be professional, I got it done at Museek in Trichy. These guys are passionate about their music and a pleasure to be with and so got it done last week, with Alpine r series speakers and DrArtex damping of the 4 doors. I never realised damping could make such a difference. To test their install, the first two tracks I played was 'Honky Tonk Women' and 'Stairway to Heaven' by the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin respectively and I was blown away as it was the difference between night and day. They told me to try this for 6 months and then decide about a further upgrade with a DSP Amp and subwoofer, if required.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-camscanner-01302022-17.37.41_1.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-camscanner-01302022-17.37.41_2.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220129wa0000.jpg

As most of my trips late last year, especially to Chennai was in rainy weather and slush, the rear windshield was being spattered with mud and I made this mud flap extender inspired by the thread below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...xm-petrol.html

and I must thank @gmhossain for this which made a lot of difference.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20220131_153205__01.jpg

I also got some mats for the boot and to protect the fabric on the back of the rear seat and a nice touch from Mahindra, 11 piece dash mats.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20220131_152737.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20220131_152359.jpg

One of the main reasons in buying this vehicle was to travel on all kinds of roads, something which I did quite a bit. My first ghat road trip was to Kothagiri in October with 5 adults and luggage and it pulled uphill without any effort or need to downshift more than if I was the only occupant which was very impressive.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-2image.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20211016_104603.jpg
Views from Kodanad view point near Kotagiri

These 10000 kms were mostly on roads which were bad, to put it politely. There was a trip to Chikmagalur dt. last month where the road had disappeared in some parts. I had to drive from Belhonnur back to a homestay near Mudigere late at night where guided by Google maps, was for sometime on mudtracks and for a large part being the only vehicle on the road. One of the problems of being in this forum is reading about instances of being stranded in the middle of nowhere. As this section was largely deserted and as there was no signal and in pitch darkness, the above thought was there at the back of my mind but fortunately there was no incident.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-1image.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20211227_100403.jpg
Coffee, coffee everywhere and kayaking at a homestay near Mudigere

I had never visited the Koonthankullam bird sanctuary, so with a few relatives who are birding enthusiasts went there last month on a trip down south. Unfortunately, as there was not much water till the last year, there were few birds but we actually saw them closer on the fields nearby which entailed bad roads guided by Google maps but this is where the XUV came into its own as if looking forward to this.
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_77302.jpg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220105wa0015.jpg
Roads near Koonthankullam

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220105wa0019.jpg
Black headed ibis
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220105wa0007.jpg
Little cormorant
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220105wa0002.jpg
Lesser black backed gull
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220105wa0014.jpg
Grey heron
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220105wa0017.jpg
Knob billed duck
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img20220105wa0009.jpg
Spot billed pelicam
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_20220102_110336.jpg
Beach at Uvari near Koonthankullam

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_76212.jpg
Somewhere in south Tamil Nadu

The good thing is that closer to 20000 kms is when the XUV really gives you joy, the earlier addiction to the power and acceleration becoming stronger, the engine seems to have settled well, the FE has become better, the gear shifts smoother and the ride quality and suspension better than earlier. At least so far, the infamous Mahindra niggles which many had warned me about did not happen, touch wood.
Duckdoc is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 15:21   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
Update: 20000 km with a March '21 XUV 300 W8 OPT Diesel MT

It's a little over 10 months since I bought a BS 6 XUV 300 W8 Opt and I see the thread has gone quiet, so I am posting my experience of 10000-20000 kms with it.
Nice photos Duckdoc! And congratulations on the 20k milestone in little less than a year! The audio system mention is sort of true - however after my visit to a couple of audio installers and listening to their demos, I decided to stick to stock for now. The sound level I keep is between 2 and 3 points, sometimes 4 and the audio input is from the iPod classic with its equalizer functioning. This setup is at present satisfying. I do agree that there are certain songs that will prove you time and again the poor stock audio setup. Maybe I'll start with damping but not immediately. Congrats once again and wish you many more miles ahead with this machine.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 08:42   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Nice photos Duckdoc! And congratulations on the 20k milestone in little less than a year! The audio system mention is sort of true - however after my visit to a couple of audio installers and listening to their demos, I decided to stick to stock for now. The sound level I keep is between 2 and 3 points, sometimes 4 and the audio input is from the iPod classic with its equalizer.
Thanks for your kind words. Thanks to your post I started checking the quality of sound at low volume. Even at this level the sound definitely is more rounded.
One thing I look forward to on this thread is reading the experiences of people with the XUV who travel quite a bit especially across states. I see that you have driven quite a bit in just over a year and look forward to reading about your experience.
Duckdoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:55   #757
Senior - BHPian

So we got the delivery of our Xuv300 (W6-P-Amt) last weekend and here's a quick review.
We got the car within a month after booking it due to some contacts and the rest of the dealership experience was great. They delivered the car on the promised day with a small ceremony.
Initial driving experience was mixed as its our 1st automatic vehicle and its an AMT. However both me and my wife got used to it in a couple of days and she really likes it now. The car is roomy and the interiors are functional yet modern. But mahindra has removed the touchscreen unit and the armrest from the W6 model which is a big disappointment.
We got the optional alloys fitted from the showroom along with the spoiler and the fog lamps, this totally changed the looks of the car ! Have also ordered seat covers and 7D mats from my trusted accessories dealer ,will post the pics after installation next week.

Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20220203_092017.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20220203_094319.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20220129_125757.jpg  

faithless_1984 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:30   #758
BHPian

I am experiencing a problem with the rear parking sensors. When I put my car in reverse gear the camera is displayed but there is no parking sensor alert in the MFD. It only works after I brake then suddenly it shows on the MFD.
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:19   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words. Thanks to your post I started checking the quality of sound at low volume. Even at this level the sound definitely is more rounded.
One thing I look forward to on this thread is reading the experiences of people with the XUV who travel quite a bit especially across states. I see that you have driven quite a bit in just over a year and look forward to reading about your experience.
Will definitely write one soon. I wanted to for the 1 year mark but didn't materialize for some reason. Even if not extensive, will update soon my experiences with the car.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:12   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSharma1984 View Post

I think W8 O comes with tyre's wall size of 55 mm, only that can be considered as concern but most of the cars nowadays comes with this wall size, so if you feel more bumpy then you can upgrade the tyre with 65mm wall.
you won't feel any issue with R17 size as these are broad tyres so no small potholes will make you nervous.
Small correction: it's not 55mm, it's 55% of the profile.
Ref: https://www.uniroyal-tyres.com/car/t...ll%20will%20be.

On a side note, ordered the 11 piece anti-skid mat set from the m2all website. Took about a week, but for 600 bucks I found it absolutely worth it.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0706.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0707.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0708.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0709.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0710.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0711.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0712.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0713.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0714.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_0715.jpg
ashishk29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:41   #761

One more update regarding M&M removing features from XUV300 to keep price increase marginal but not sure if it can stay relevant while doing so..

Today visited the showroom in Bangalore to test drive and eventually book for my brother, while going through the list of features, SA informed that for all W8(o) bookings or deliveries from feb-22 onwards diamond cut alloy wheel will be downsized from 17" to 16" inches. They seem to silently removing features but also doing price hikes at the same time.

Though so many price increases from last year surprisingly still manufacturers resorting to such cost saving measurer..
Auto_Nar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 22:23   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Nar View Post
SA informed that for all W8(o) bookings or deliveries from feb-22 onwards diamond cut alloy wheel will be downsized from 17" to 16" inches.
The good things may be that the spare will also be the same size and the ride quality may be even better.
Duckdoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 21:31   #763
BHPian

Quote:
The good things may be that the spare will also be the same size and the ride quality may be even better.
My first thought as well. Finally all the wheels will be the same size.

Though this seems like a bit of a reaching cost-cut. It would've been fine if they had maintained or even lowered the price given there are many features moving out. It's not like the 300 is selling in record numbers to begin with sadly.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:17   #764
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has updated the 2022 XUV300 with new alloy wheels.

The alloy wheels have gone one size shorter from 17-inch units to 16-inch units in W8 and W8(O) trims.

W8(O) trim gets dual-tone diamond-cut alloy wheels and the W8 trim receives silver-coloured alloys.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-fb_img_1644486363456.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-fb_img_1644486366195.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-fb_img_1644486369345.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th February 2022 at 15:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 17:19   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The alloy wheels have gone one size shorter from 17-inch units to 16-inch units in W8 and W8(O) trims.
As I wrote in an earlier post, this by itself may not be such a bad thing, having the tyres including the spare being the same size. Besides, the cost of replacement is less and there is a better choice of available tyres at this size.

I, on the other hand have to see if I can fit a 17 inch steel rim in my spare tyre well, so all tyres will be the same size.
Duckdoc is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks