Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 19:09   #796
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Oh absolutely forgot to mention it:
I had mentioned the dark reverse camera issue to them while giving the car for servicing.
And it's fixed! No more crushed darkness on first reverse.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 15:43   #797

Greetings from South Africa!

Just a question about the XUV300: has anyone experienced corrosion problems?

We purchased a TUV300 five years ago and have completed almost 100,000 kms. I will discuss the TUV in more detail in a separate post, we have been very happy but a major problem is corrosion of the bodywork.

We are thinking about trading it in & buying an XUV300, but don't want to repeat our rusty TUV300 experience!

We live in KZN province, which has a hot and humid climate (similar to many areas of India, I am sure). We live about 5 kms from the sea as the crow flies.
Old 10th April 2022, 20:10   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP67 View Post
Greetings from South Africa!

Just a question about the XUV300: has anyone experienced corrosion problems?

We are thinking about trading it in & buying an XUV300, but don't want to repeat our rusty TUV300 experience!
Hi, nice to have someone from SA on this forum. I don't think anyone can answer for sure as the 300 has been around for only 3 years. I myself have only experienced it for a year and about 25000 kms. Yet, looking at the quality of the bodywork, I think it would last.
Old 12th April 2022, 18:46   #799

My 2 month’s old XUV300 broke down on the road 3 times

Here's my initial ownership review after completing closed to 3000 kms in 3 months. I bought the XUV300 W6 AMT in Dec 2021 from Pune. The 1st month of ownership was great, the vehicle ran very well and certainly met my expectation. However, in the 2nd month the problem started. Due to some health issues of my mother, I had to come to my hometown Aurangabad and since mid-Jan working from here. Below is the series of vehicle failure I experienced in the month of Feb:
  1. Feb 5th, 2022: I was travelling with my family in town area to buy some stuff. Once the shopping was done, the car refused to start. The remote was not working, the engine was not starting and the dashboard was showing ‘transmission malfunction’ error continuously. I had to then call the road side assistance and get the car tow to nearest service center. At service center, the service adviser inspected the issue and noticed some issue in the fuse box and fixed it. The car started and then I took it to home.
  2. Feb 19th, 2022: The same error ‘transmission malfunction’ appeared. Again the car refused to start. This was around 9pm when I was to take my mother from hospital back to home after her chemotherapy cycle. I was about to call RSA again to toe the vehicle but decided to crank the engine one more time and it worked. The car started I was able to take it to home. The week of Feb 21st was extremely busy for me, hence I couldn’t take the vehicle to service center during weekdays. On Saturday, Feb 26th, I took the vehicle to service center, however the service advisor said he is very busy today and the car would need to drop in the service center for 2 days and I was told to get the vehicle to them on Tuesday, Mar 1st.
  3. Mar 1st, 2022: I was to take the car to the service center, however again the ‘transmission malfunction’ error came on the dashboard and car was not starting. I again had to call RSA and get the vehicle to the service center by towing. They kept the vehicle there for 2 days and called me and confirm that there was an issue with one of the fuse in the fuse box. They said this is resolved and I wont face this issue ever.

Since Mar 1st, I haven’t received any issue, however, for 2 weeks I was extremely scared to take the vehicle anywhere. I am certainly worried and sceptical now on the quality checks that MnM has, a vehicle which is merely 2 months old, need to tow twice is utterly shameful for a company such as MnM. I had also contacted MnM customer care but all they did was fwd me to the service center.

Service experience MS vs MnM:
I owned Maruti Zen Estilo for 9 years and surely found it more professional compare to MnM. In MS service centers I felt I am dealing with an institution which has certain process checks, whereas at MnM I had to keep chasing the SAs, if I dont stand on his head, he will slow down .

Would I still recommend XUV300? absolutely! The engine is certainly a gem of a machine, its been 3 months now and it still puts smile on my face on open highways. Quick overtakes still needs some planning due to the AMT gear-shift pauses. In city, at ~10 km/hr speed, I still find the acceleration uneven to the throttle response, the best way here is to keep sufficient space between the next vehicle.

Attaching few images for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-feb-5.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-feb-19-2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-feb-19-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-mar-1-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-mar-1-2.jpg  

RakeshMX3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 10:28   #800
BHPian

Hi. One of my friends is looking for a good mini SUV and I have recommended XUV 3OO, I find this one of the most spacious and safest car in this segment.

What is the average expected for a petrol AMT? Is it better to go for a diesel AMT given that the torque characteristics would be better for an AMT?
Old 27th April 2022, 19:42   #801

I own a W4 model purchased in 2021 march. Today I got a call from the dealership regarding a recall to change reverse parking sensor wiring change. Suggest all owning to check with their garages.
KVsidewinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 12:45   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
What is the average expected for a petrol AMT? Is it better to go for a diesel AMT given that the torque characteristics would be better for an AMT?
I get close to 12+ in the city for my Diesel AMT. The torque is just unbelievable, its totally worth it. Cant say the same for petrol unfortunately.
Old 17th May 2022, 18:16   #803
BHPian

Mahindra Warranty - In general but also for XUV 300

Hi All,

I am scheduled to get my car delivered in a week and am working through warranty for Mahindra, as well as buying theSHIELD extended coverage . The amount for SHIELD is pretty low (13k) but is that really worth it? I don't mind paying even 50k if there is value in that expense, and not just for the "peace of mind" logic.
I am hoping some experienced members here would have better insights into questions that I have. In addition to your opinions, I would really appreciate if you have any sort of links or sources for me to check further.

1. Authorized service center -The warranty does state that it will be void unless serviced at an authorized service center. I used to own a car in USA, and even though manufacturers had the same line, courts had ruled that as long as services were performed by a certified mechanic, it doesnt have to be an authroized one. Does any of you have come across similar ruling/scenario in India? My primary concern is that I know dealers make most of their money on servicing and accessories margin. And that is sort of their top incentive to charge what they want. A typical oil change for my i10 costs 40-50% more at dealers than at a local shop.

2. Modifications - After reading reviews and recommendations by XUV300 owners on team-bhp, I am considering changing the headlights, speakers, horns, etc and maybe even add a dashcam and boot light. Though small items, some may need a direct wiring into the panel. Does that void warranty if not done at dealer?

3. SHIELD Warranty - Now in general, extended warranty is debatable. If things didnt go wrong in 3 years of purchase, the likelihood of those happening significantly drop. But on top of that, SHIELD only covers mechanical and electrical failures, and they have this huge list of items it doesn't cover. My big question is - what is left to cover? And whatever is left, is it going to cost more than 13k in the 2 years duration?
https://www.withyouhamesha.com/tnc/shield_terms_and_conditions.pdf

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-shiled_notcovered.png

I already checked articles on Forum including the below two posts, but not fully clear from those.
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/exte...ties-yes-or-no
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/does-i...-cars-warranty

I must add that this community has given me so much of knowledge about cars in general. I am pretty grateful for this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th May 2022, 19:27   #804
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Warranty - In general but also for XUV 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitmonty View Post
Hi All,

I already checked articles on Forum including the below two posts, but not fully clear from those.
I'll try to answer your questions though am not an expert but only with the experience of having driven a XUV 300 for a fair bit in a little over a year.

1. The ASC is reasonable and the app gives you an estimate so there is very little wiggle room to be overcharged.

2. Try doing all modifications after asking the ASC as if anything goes wrong you have to end up going there.

3. While things not covered by the SHIELD warranty have been highlighted, it does cover mechanical and electrical failure which is reasonable for the amount charged.

Ultimately, the aftersales experience depends on the relationship with the ASC. While I was apprehensive at the time of buying, i have been more than happy with services rendered so far.
Duckdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 21:50   #805
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Warranty - In general but also for XUV 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitmonty View Post
2. Modifications - After reading reviews and recommendations by XUV300 owners on team-bhp, I am considering changing the headlights, speakers, horns, etc and maybe even add a dashcam and boot light. Though small items, some may need a direct wiring into the panel. Does that void warranty if not done at dealer?

3. SHIELD Warranty - Now in general, extended warranty is debatable. If things didnt go wrong in 3 years of purchase, the likelihood of those happening significantly drop. But on top of that, SHIELD only covers mechanical and electrical failures, and they have this huge list of items it doesn't cover. My big question is - what is left to cover? And whatever is left, is it going to cost more than 13k in the 2 years duration?
Take it from someone who bought the extended warranty exactly for the "peace of mind" and then finally has extracted full value out of it. To address your points:

2. I have aftermarket amps, speakers, subwoofers, low beam HIDs, dashcam, aux lights but when it came to issues with the HeadUnit, Mahindra was ready to replace it, no questions asked. I have had couple of items changed during the routine warranty and during the extended warranty: gearbox, clutch pedal, master cylinder, shock absorbers are what I recall from the top of my head. Just ensure you are not cutting any of the existing wiring. M&M dealers don't really fret over addition of fuse taps or extended wiring.

3. Mahindra is pretty liberal w.r.t warranty claims, BUT you need to have that extended warranty to eligible once your factory warranty expires! Most of the items that it does not cover are part of routine maintenance.
Yes, the likelihood of things going bad after the three years drops, but like you already mentioned, replacement of parts is pretty costly and even 1 or 2 part changes will recover the entire cost of the ext warranty.

My experience is not just limited to one ASC where I might have friendly relations, but over 2 ASC in Kolkata and 1 in Gurgaon.
anantpoddar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:31   #806

Is it a good idea to buy an XUV 300 (P) in June 2022?

I have been longing to buy a new car since the start of this year but for some reason or the other haven't been able to finally get one. My ultimate priority was safety and my original shortlists were Nexon XZ+ (S) Petrol and XUV 300 W8 (P). After waiting for so long and having witnessed multiple price hikes , I finally booked XUV 300 and on the day the dealer called me back that he has arranged a car for me, I see the spy pics of new Brezza .Now I am having second thoughts whether it's worth to go for XUV 300 (which is now roughly a ~3 year old model) or wait until the full specs of Brezza are officially released (anticipated in June).

I would really love to hear thoughts from experts in the community.
RahulC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 01:19   #807
sal
BANNED

Hi All,
I planning to get a second hand diesel XUV300.
I have finalized two cars, a BS4 and a BS6, at almost same price.
What should I go for? Are there a lot of issue with the BS6 diesel?
Old 24th May 2022, 09:41   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulC View Post
Is it a good idea to buy an XUV 300 (P) in June 2022?

I have been longing to buy a new car since the start of this year but for some reason or the other haven't been able to finally get one. My ultimate priority was safety and my original shortlists were Nexon XZ+ (S) Petrol and XUV 300 W8 (P). After waiting for so long and having witnessed multiple price hikes , I finally booked XUV 300 and on the day the dealer called me back that he has arranged a car for me, I see the spy pics of new Brezza .Now I am having second thoughts whether it's worth to go for XUV 300 (which is now roughly a ~3 year old model) or wait until the full specs of Brezza are officially released (anticipated in June).

I would really love to hear thoughts from experts in the community.
Having owned a 2011 Ritz earlier, test-driven nearly all the cars in the sub-15L range and owned a XUV300 W6 AMT for the past 9 months, I would recommend the XUV300 without any hesitation.

If I were to compare it to the Brezza, here's how I would see it:
  • Service: My experience with Mahindra has been as good as it had been with Maruti. While the parent company (Maruti) has been responsive, I have had mixed experiences at Bimal Motors and great experiences at UM Cars (Domlur). So far at Mahindra, both India Garage and PPS Motors have been good to me.
  • Build Quality and Safety: A coconut fell bang on the bonnet of my XUV300 a few weeks ago. There was a dent for a short while but it straightened out by itself on my way home. Brezza might be the safest-rated vehicle from the Maruti stable, but I am not sure it might be as good.
  • Value for money: I lucked out by buying the non-touchscreen W6 variant during the semiconductor shortage, reducing my OTR by INR 1L. Brezza (the pre-facelift version) was even then the costlier option for the AT variant.
  • Waiting time: A car in hand is better than one just booked, if you ask me. With prices being hiked frequently, and especially more so when it comes to popular models, it's better to get your vehicle before the hikes push it to the very edge of your budget.
  • Comfort: As a driver, I am a fan of the XUV. I've had multiple day-long trips (750+ kms) without feeling the strain. The turbo petrol has done everything asked of it on highways. The TD I took of the old Brezza, on the other hand, was a disappointment because the 4-speed AT+engine combo just did not seem like it had the lungs to respond quickly. Given the initial feedback for the new Baleno and XL6/Ertiga, if the same new engine is ported over to the Brezza, you might be in for a more sedate ride than you might like.
  • Bootspace: This is where the XUV300 takes a massive hit. I ended up installing a roof carrier when we had the whole family on a trip. Brezza, if I am not wrong, might not have needed the capacity expansion. That said, I am not sure if Brezza will come with load-bearing roof rails - if it doesn't, it does limit your options should you ever need them in future.

As things stand now, there are a few things that you can't know about the new Brezza until you do a proper TD and put it through its paces. But if the reasons you had for finally deciding in favor of the XUV300 still hold true, you might be better off going for it. Otherwise, be mentally prepared for a hike that might come in between now and the delivery of whatever car you finally choose. In any case, Brezza or XUV300, all the best and hope your miles are always filled with smiles!

Last edited by ChevyTeddy : 24th May 2022 at 09:47. Reason: Correction (S-Cross -> XL6/Ertiga)
ChevyTeddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 10:34   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Having owned a 2011 Ritz earlier, test-driven nearly all the cars in the sub-15L range and owned a XUV300 W6 AMT for the past 9 months, I would recommend the XUV300 without any hesitation.

If I were to compare it to the Brezza, here's how I would see it:
  • Service: My experience with Mahindra has been as good as it had been with Maruti. While the parent company (Maruti) has been responsive, I have had mixed experiences at Bimal Motors and great experiences at UM Cars (Domlur). So far at Mahindra, both India Garage and PPS Motors have been good to me.
  • Build Quality and Safety: A coconut fell bang on the bonnet of my XUV300 a few weeks ago. There was a dent for a short while but it straightened out by itself on my way home. Brezza might be the safest-rated vehicle from the Maruti stable, but I am not sure it might be as good.
  • Value for money: I lucked out by buying the non-touchscreen W6 variant during the semiconductor shortage, reducing my OTR by INR 1L. Brezza (the pre-facelift version) was even then the costlier option for the AT variant.
  • Waiting time: A car in hand is better than one just booked, if you ask me. With prices being hiked frequently, and especially more so when it comes to popular models, it's better to get your vehicle before the hikes push it to the very edge of your budget.
  • Comfort: As a driver, I am a fan of the XUV. I've had multiple day-long trips (750+ kms) without feeling the strain. The turbo petrol has done everything asked of it on highways. The TD I took of the old Brezza, on the other hand, was a disappointment because the 4-speed AT+engine combo just did not seem like it had the lungs to respond quickly. Given the initial feedback for the new Baleno and XL6/Ertiga, if the same new engine is ported over to the Brezza, you might be in for a more sedate ride than you might like.
  • Bootspace: This is where the XUV300 takes a massive hit. I ended up installing a roof carrier when we had the whole family on a trip. Brezza, if I am not wrong, might not have needed the capacity expansion. That said, I am not sure if Brezza will come with load-bearing roof rails - if it doesn't, it does limit your options should you ever need them in future.

As things stand now, there are a few things that you can't know about the new Brezza until you do a proper TD and put it through its paces. But if the reasons you had for finally deciding in favor of the XUV300 still hold true, you might be better off going for it. Otherwise, be mentally prepared for a hike that might come in between now and the delivery of whatever car you finally choose. In any case, Brezza or XUV300, all the best and hope your miles are always filled with smiles!
Thanks @ChevyTeddy!! Wow, that coconut story is simply astounding. Are you sure you didn't get a transformer

Thanks again for your valuable insights. I do agree that XUV300 is a great product and I'm leaning towards it. It's just that the multiple price hikes alongwith feature reductions in every newer version has frustrated me and made me skeptical about Mahindra's value proposition.
RahulC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 11:39   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @ChevyTeddy!! Wow, that coconut story is simply astounding. Are you sure you didn't get a transformer
Haha! I am just glad it fell on sheet metal and not on the sunroof or the windshield. I doubt those would have held up as well under the impact! Lesson learnt, though, and I am not going to seek shade under coconut trees anymore!

Quote:
Thanks again for your valuable insights. I do agree that XUV300 is a great product and I'm leaning towards it. It's just that the multiple price hikes alongwith feature reductions in every newer version has frustrated me and made me skeptical about Mahindra's value proposition.
All the more reason to get your car in hand as soon as possible? Mahindra's decision to hike prices while deleting features is a major concern indeed. But the question to ask yourself is this: as long as you get the features you are promised at a price you are comfortable with, does it matter if they delete features later on (*after* you have taken delivery of your vehicle)?

Most Viewed