Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 18:04   #886

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I was also skeptical of the TVS LED, but it was priced pretty fairly, and the owner of the shop had it installed in his own i20 and showed me, so it helped me pick.
Hello Ashishk29,

Can you please send me the details of the outlet where you made the changes. I also stay in PCMC and am thinking of upgrading my headlights as well. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th August 2022 at 23:24. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 15th August 2022, 14:41   #887

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Faced one problem with the cruise control. After a small break - when we resumed our journey - the CC just won't turn on. I would stop the car - turn of the ignition and restart the car and then it would work. Din't face any issues while the car was running on CC but sometimes after after taking a small break and resuming the journey it just wouldn't work.
I have also faced this issue with my XUV300 diesel W8(O) March 2021 model. Cruise control stopped working after a break and did not start until I restarted the car. Happened 3 times on 3 different trips. No clue about how to reproduce it.
TheOperator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 06:31   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_s74 View Post
Hello Ashishk29,

Can you please send me the details of the outlet where you made the changes. I also stay in PCMC and am thinking of upgrading my headlights as well. Thanks in advance.
Car cupid, in pashan: https://g.page/carcupid?share

One of the well known car accessory/mod store in Pune. Have been a customer for the last few years. Can be a bit crowded on weekends, but does have the widest variety of accessory options, and good customer service.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 10:40   #889

Hello, i find that the throw of the fog lamps does not extend beyond a few feet ahead of the bonnet. I spoke to the SA during the last servicing but he said that is the way it is supposed to be. With my earlier car, a Chevrolet Sail UVA, it was not so... Can somebody enlighten meet please. Thanks in advance..
Old 27th August 2022, 20:39   #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOperator View Post
I have also faced this issue with my XUV300 diesel W8(O) March 2021 model. Cruise control stopped working after a break and did not start until I restarted the car. Happened 3 times on 3 different trips. No clue about how to reproduce it.
Thats how its supposed to work. As per the owners manual cruise control "resume" function is applicable within same ignition cycle.

14.12.6 RESUME Button
With the help of RESUME, you can opt for the previous set cruising speed of the vehicle in the same ignition cycle
Old 27th August 2022, 21:52   #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCurious View Post
Thats how its supposed to work. As per the owners manual cruise control "resume" function is applicable within same ignition cycle.

14.12.6 RESUME Button
With the help of RESUME, you can opt for the previous set cruising speed of the vehicle in the same ignition cycle
I understand how resume button works. But for me the cruise set button also stops working. Neither set nor +/- button activate cruise control and I have to restart the car to make it work.
Old 27th August 2022, 23:46   #892

Quote:
I understand how resume button works. But for me the cruise set button also stops working. Neither set nor +/- button activate cruise control and I have to restart the car to make it work.
I will keep an eye for this on my newly acquired w8(o) Diesel AMT which is a week old. have clocked just 450 odd kms and did try to see if i can reproduce this issue. All well so far. Will post if i too encounter this in near future (fingers crossed though!)
Old 28th August 2022, 22:22   #893

Has anyone managed to get Bluesense plus app to work on W8(O) Diesel AMT?

I got the kyc done and app opens just fine on my iphone. Problem is that no car information is updated or gets refreshed. Location is stuck (works if i goto current location option and defaults to mahindra yard on reopen. Car controls dont work and are greyed out - says enabling device everytime and then gets stuck. Not sure if its just my car or app or app on ios which is causing the issue. Plan to get it checked during 1k checkup at ASS. Any information on this would be really helpful as its just driving me nuts not being able to use it thus far!
Old 29th August 2022, 08:07   #894
BHPian

Update on my headlight situation:

I got Osram nightbreaker laser H7 installed in my 300 this time around last year.
Turns out, my right side bulb is dead. So much for Osram longevity.

Going to the dealer today to check out the warranty situation, and next steps.

On a side note, the individual spread of the projectors is fantastic! I noticed the right bulb dead only because of my cars reflection on the car in front of me, and not because of a dip in illumination.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_4221.jpg

This pic was clicked from the drivers seat, and as you can see, the left side bulb projects light all the way till the right side. Pretty good projector design I'd say!

Last edited by ashishk29 : 29th August 2022 at 08:10.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 15:29   #895

I am also going to upgrade my headlights and was doing some research. People are saying that the Philips Xtreme vision has better longevity. 450 hrs is the figure quoted though i wouldn't know how it would convert into days/ months. I was going to visit car cupid one of these days. Have you considered Philips out the Bosch gigalight when you installed yours?
Old 1st September 2022, 17:06   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_s74 View Post
I am also going to upgrade my headlights and was doing some research. People are saying that the Philips Xtreme vision has better longevity. 450 hrs is the figure quoted though i wouldn't know how it would convert into days/ months. I was going to visit car cupid one of these days. Have you considered Philips out the Bosch gigalight when you installed yours?
I was going to post an update, so I guess this is good timing.
I went ahead with Philips x-treme vision G-force.

Considerations being:
1. It was NOT a white/blue beam. I specifically wanted warm tones.
2. Rated life is 400hr+, and is greater than most of their lineup.
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:12   #897

Quick update for W8(o) AMT

1. Idle start/stop comes with its set of issues. In the event car stops and by mistake you end up pressing the ignition button - transmission failure will come every single time. If while doing a reverse with idle start/stop on, you throttle fast and brake hard - transmission failure comes. If you keep idle start/stop OFF, no issues whatsoever and car runs butter smooth with zero issues

2. Unlike mentioned in the owners manual and all across, AMT doesnt have tiretronics option in car info however, its only available on the MID and can be accessed with trip button. I thought something is amiss in my car and checked with dealershi, who confirmed this after checking another w8 amt that it is not present under car info

Just thought of sharing for new buyers like myself. Hope it helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-2a936d323402436fb8bb4b31dd9d8ef0.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-3d42b4a8b7184514b002192e0218790b.jpeg  

AlwaysCurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:26   #898
BHPian

Quote:
You will have a tough time reproducing it. It usually happens after a long drive of a few hundred KMs.

If you take a short break of less than 5 minutes, CC works just fine.

If you take a longish break of 15-30 minutes, CC won't work immediately after you restart your drive. However, continue driving for 15-20 minutes and it starts working.
Or, if you stop and restart the vehicle again, it would work.

I read somewhere that CC not working immediately at the start of the drive was by design (flawed implementation though)
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 12:02   #899

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
You will have a tough time reproducing it. It usually happens after a long drive of a few hundred KMs.

This issue happened again on my recent trip and restarting the car solved it. As you mentioned that CC starts to work after 15-20 mins, I will test this on my next trip and post here if that is indeed the case.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th September 2022 at 12:17. Reason: Quote content trimmed
TheOperator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:35   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post

If you take a longish break of 15-30 minutes, CC won't work immediately after you restart your drive. However, continue driving for 15-20 minutes and it starts working.
Or, if you stop and restart the vehicle again, it would work.

I read somewhere that CC not working immediately at the start of the drive was by design (flawed implementation though)
Thank you Ananat. Interesting observation. I am the one who posted this problem first. And i do remember in all 3 cases - we had taken a long break after which this happened. By Design - why would they do that. Whats the logic behind it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks