Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2023, 07:28   #976
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
My XUV300 buying experience
Hey there! A huge congratulations on booking your new ride. As a fellow owner of the XUV300, I can guarantee that I too nailed down on the XUV300 for the same reason. This car is an instant success among wives and elderly people Though I was kidding there but the beige interiors and that sorted suspension + that Gem of an engine. It's a combination any buyer would be hesitant to pass. What surprises me is the feature deletion. I am honestly staggered by this. I guess Mahindra had to suffer some loss to release this car at that price point. I don't really know what's the picture at their Pricing team.

Coming to Nexon, yes it is a VFM package. But somehow all the people I come across, who own a TATA vehicle have had bad sales or after-sales experiences. They have sorted their products but forgot about quality control. In the previous days, even Mahindra was in this region. But since the past year, the service experience has been really smooth for me. Mahindra is definitely no more the old butch SUV manufacturer. They indeed care about their customers. And there are loads of reviews in our forum to prove the same. I guess you made the right decision. Yes, maybe you could have saved a bit on the pricing, but a car that is closest to your heart will definitely give you more joy as the ride goes on.

Once again a hearty congratulations to you. Hopefully, you get your dream ride parked at your garage soon! Cheers to the million miles ahead.

Take care and have a great day!
PetroHeado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 10:40   #977
BHPian

Not sure how many others have experienced this, but I have this issue where one of the dual tone horns falls silent. It then magically resumes working on the next start.

I had never had this issue in the first place over the last year, but I have seen it happen 7-8 times over the past few months. Not sure what the trigger is.

Anyone else has gotten this checked out? Any suggestions/observations?
Old 30th January 2023, 14:31   #978

Hello team,

I seek your advice on a particular occurence in my xuv300. This is the second time it happened. Upon pressing the engine start button, the engine was only getting cranked, but it did not start fully. Also the vehicle began to vibrate. After 5-6 seconds it automatically stopped. Since i always keep the clutch depressed till the engine starts, on the second try the engine started normally. Has anyone else faced this? Also any reasons why this could have happened?
Old 1st February 2023, 11:33   #979

After having driven the Wagon R (VXi 2014) for around 9 years, I convinced myself that I had earned a second car. For almost a year's time, I have been browsing through innumerable auto magazines, websites, blogs etc. My screen time on YouTube increased drastically; most of which is due to binge watching car reviews.

What made to think of a second car?

Although a near perfect vehicle for meeting most of my daily needs, the Wagon R was a kind of compromise since a couple of years after buying the car. It is brutally practical, cost effective (I get >20 kmpl), spacious, budget friendly. However, it is not aspirational. On highways, I have to literally bury my wish to overtake. Even standing on the throttle doesn’t make any difference. Worse is the lack of confidence in braking. So the first thing I wanted in my second car was power and drivability. Other features like safety, ground clearance etc. followed in the list.

The search (starting with VW Taigun/ Skoda Kushaq)

From a very long time I have been fascinated by the design philosophy of Volkswagen. I remember how I always liked the Vento. Too many cuts and lines are deterrents to the overall design. The first vehicle to be test driven in the season was the VW Taigun. Extremely drivable car with highest safety rating. I drove both 1L TSI and 1.5L TSI. The 1.5L TSI with DSG is a king on the road. However, it’s too pricy. The 1L TSI was within our budget and we almost booked the car. There is only one showroom of VW in the entire North East - at Guwahati. The sales team is aggressive and were happy to help any time with any query. They even arranged for a test drive at Dibrugarh (450 km away from Guwahati!). Couple of things held up our decision with VW: 1) Poor service network, 2) Issues with AC cooling in 1L TSI. One more thing I can’t do with is however may be the performance, a 1L engine is a 1L engine. Even if it throws out 114 bhp, I have some doubts about the performance of the engine in the long run. I have watched videos where people weren’t liking it on the hills. I feel the same for Skoda Kushaq, which has a showroom in Dibrugarh.

Maruti Sisters (New Brezza and Grand Vitara)

Maruti is like a homecoming. Visiting the Maruti showroom made me comfortable as I knew the DNA of their service quality. Having driven Brezza several times in the past (as many of my colleagues have it), I had no intentions to take a test drive. I observed that the sunroof was an addition! As for Grand Vitara, I observed it is an unevenly long car and heavily underpowered. I don’t see why people should pay heavily for the Grand Vitara for the same engine. It feels helpless to know that Brezza, Ciaz, Ertiga, XL6, Grand Vitara…all run with the same engine with some variations and that too with such low safety rating. Needless to mention that hybrid was not on my "look for" list.

Hyundai Creta/ Venue

I must admit that Hyundai is one of the best when it comes to design and plastic engineering. The looks of both, Creta and Venue are stunning. I test drove a Creta 1.5L and found the performance linear and stable. The steering feedback is awesome and the drivability is exciting. The boot space in the Creta is adequate and the cabin looks clean and elegant. Hyundai has an excellent service network and eager to help staff (which comes from their Korean lineage). However, the downsides are unconfirmed safety ratings and low mileage. The car is a little overpriced considering it has been on the market for quite some time. Coming to the Venue, the rear seat is a huge letdown. It can barely accommodate two adults.

Kia Seltos/ Sonnet

Have you watched the videos on YouTube where the car breaks in two halves? For Kia, I must say, excellent design and aspirational. But I couldn’t convince myself to spend lakhs on a Car which is an excellent piece of plastic!

Tata Nexon

Now, this is one car which meets most of the abilities you look for in a car. Excellent drivability, good road presence, high safety ratings etc. A year back, one of my colleagues bought a Nexon 1.2L Turbo Petrol. Since then, I ran many errands using the Nexon. One thing I disliked was the engine noise...even at noticeable levels inside the cabin. Understand it is a 3-cylinder machine, however, some level of refinement is expected as after all, it’s a private car. Nonetheless, I kind of liked the car. But my wife feels that the rear seats give her a claustrophobic feeling due to the smaller windows in the rear. I kind of clung to the car for a long time - almost made up my mind. But due to long-term nudging by my wife, I found that yes, the car is over-designed.

XUV 300 TGDi

Honestly, Mahindra was never on my list. I carried a feeling that M&M cars are all diesel cars used by contractors and politicians (). Me and my wife once just dropped into an M&M Showroom to check out the new Scorpio N. We learnt that the waiting time for the Scorpio N is one year!

While we were about to leave the showroom, this new white XUV 300 TDGi caught our attention. It looked stunning in the showroom. The red treatment on the grill area draws immediate attention. Then the engine performance blew my mind - 128 bhp of power and 230 Nm of torque pushed out of an mStallon engine! I wondered if its an underrated car as I had never come across a proper advertisement for the car. The likes of Venue and Grand Vitara have got so much more screen time.

At once I was convinced of the excellent performance this car would offer. However, convincing my wife for the car solely on engine performance was difficult. So I took her to the showroom again. She liked the simplicity of the design. The car has road presence….from the front it looks massive, the shoulder lines are bold, but then, it's suddenly compromised at the rear (they have to). I liked the tail-lamps. From the internet, I got to know XUV300 is an avatar of the successful Tivoli of SsangYong. I liked the rear stance of the car.

I made two subsequent visits to the showroom and then took a test drive. Once I took charge of the car, from the driving position, all inhibitions were dusted away. Such power delivery from a 1.2L engine, excellently silent cabin, awesome drivability and turning radius. There was no turning back since. We booked the car and in a week’s time, it was delivered. We opted for the white coloured top variant - W8(O). The sales guy pitched for chassis and underbody painting and I agreed. Purchased only a couple of accessories like mud flaps, window shades, rear parcel tray (surprisingly doesn’t come with this car!) and 3D floor mats.

My way of comparison

Although I made my mind to go with XUV300 TDGi, I ran the numbers and worked out a comparison (copy of Excel document attached).

Review

After driving the car for a month now, the following are the listed upsides and downsides:
Upsides:
1. Performance (best in class by far)
2. Decent Mileage of 16-18 kmpl
3. Driving Comfort
4. 5 Star Safety / 6 Airbags
5. Too good Cabin Noise Insulation
6. Comfortable rear seat for 3 adults
7. All wheels disk brakes
8. Other features like ESP, Hill Hold etc.
9. Better quality plastics used interior
10. Good cabin design
11. Wide Sunroof

Downsides:
1. Boot Space (smaller than my existing Wagon R)
2. Dated Infotainment system (but works well without any lag)

Driving and ownership review

I was fortunate to take the car out on New Year's Day (01.01.2023). We were three adults in the car. The best part of the engine is that the turbo comes to life almost immediately. From my experience, I found revving at around 1.6k rpm will unleash the beast. The mid range is just awesome. Driving between third and fourth gears gives a supreme experience. I found the second gear a little uncomfortable. Summarily, the engine is best suited for mid range performance and this where most of the driving would be. I found the shifting between second and third gears a little clunky and hesitant. There is no dearth of power and torque in the car.

The suspension of the car is good but not as good as VW / Skoda cars in a similar budget. There is some amount of body roll in the curves. The car gives a good view from the driver's seat and is easy to manoeuvre. Although three steering modes are given, I find the steering feedback just average. The infotainment looks dated. Mahindra could have easily worked on it in line with the one provided in Scorpio-N. However, performance lovers would hardly care for such soft features. The Apple CarPlay works fine with no lag. The BlueSense app has limited functionality and works only when inside the car (which is weird).

I am looking to go for a long drive very soon and hopefully, will come up with a detailed blog.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_1452.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_3156.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_3166.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-img_3167.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230129-8.33.54-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230130-4.35.04-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230130-4.35.05-pm.jpeg  

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Car Comparison.xlsx (16.5 KB, 291 views)

Last edited by Aditya : 19th February 2023 at 09:50. Reason: Edited for better readability
Spirited_Bibhu is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 07:48   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Anyone else has gotten this checked out? Any suggestions/observations?
I guess it should be some fault with the wiring, you can just check in with Mahindra Service center say for a monthly car wash and also ask them to prevent this issue. They would happily do it. I guess it's nothing to be worried about. Mine too it's about a year now, Though I use a custom Horn I find that both of them are working.
PetroHeado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 08:11   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited_Bibhu View Post
But my wife feels that rear seats gives her a claustrophobic feeling due to lesser window space in the rear. I kind of clinged with the car for a long time…almost made my mind….but due to long term nudging by my wife…I found that yes…the car is over designed.
Oh! You went through the same stuff I did on my purchase. In my case, it was my mom who immediately found the Nexon's cabin claustrophobic. And she was immediately sold when she sat inside the Beige cabin of the XUV300.

Somehow we must all agree that when it comes to cars, home interiors, or designer and lifestyle stuff, it's better if our women army at home makes the decision. The peace of mind is simply worth it.

The way u eliminated each car was the exact same ordeal I went through last year when I was in this same saga. Though the Taigun was not present the Kushaq was just launched back then. Looking back now I definitely feel it was the best decision to go for the XUV. From the 4 trips we had to and fro between Alleppey And Chennai (a distance of 800 odd KMs, the excellent ride quality, and the sweet engine, it's a bliss to live with. And the reliability is top-notch. As far as the boot space goes, you can any day buy a Luggage rake from the Official Mahindra website, it is reliable and worth it. The roof carriers that come with the car are bolted to the car frame so they can carry a load of luggage rake with heavy stuff on them, I tested them on our Kerala trip and faced no issues as such. But as such for most occasions the boot space is more than adequate and the 60:40 split again adds to the practicality. And regarding your statement about suspension, we can agree to disagree here, I feel this car has one of the most balanced and sorted suspensions in the CSUV segment, it would be cruel to compare it with a Sedan, which always has the advantage of softer springs and more compliant driving dynamics.

At the time of my purchase, many said Mahindras are best for Diesel and tractors, but once they saw and rode in our cars they immediately changed their minds. I feel proud about the Journey Mahindra has come down the line.

Hearty congratulations on your new ride. I wish you and your family, a million happy miles and more.

By the way, the review was amazing, thanks a ton for sharing.

Have a good day mate.

Last edited by PetroHeado : 2nd February 2023 at 08:21. Reason: Wanted to add an additional info.
PetroHeado is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 12:33   #982
BHPian

A meme about DPF regen just reminded me that I have not seen the regen required light even once to date, nor have I done any regens explicitly.

I've clocked about 17,000km so far, and it's been a mix of 70% city and 30% highway runs.

Should I be concerned?
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 13:47   #983
BHPian

folks, need some inputs. After taking test drives of Seltos, Creta, Magnite, Kiger, Astor, Kushaq petrol/diesel automatics decided to go with XUV300 AMT.

Undecided between petrol or diesel, variant (w6 or w8(0)) and color.

Finding a XUV300 AMT test drive in Hyderabad by itself was very difficult and finally after 2 weeks of continuous follow-up with several dealerships finally got hold of a Diesel AMT.

Loved the silent cabin, had to check if it actually was a diesel as it was that good. There definitely is a head-nod with AMT, but decided to live with it, as every vehicle I test drove had some compromise to make. Found XUV300 to be the least in terms of compromises I have to make and is budget friendly as well.

I currently own a 8+ years old XUV500 but planning to retain it for long/outstation drives, so this XUV300 would be pretty much limited to city and few outstation drives if required.

Since I could not get hold of a petrol AMT, not sure how good petrol AMT would be when compared to diesel AMT. I found the head-nod, acceleration in city all good with Diesel AMT, can I expect the same with petrol AMT?. On highways, I am pretty sure Diesel would fare better but my usage would be limited on highways. So for city would I see any difference between petrol and Diesel AMTs?. If petrol AMT is as good as Diesel AMT for my usage, I can save a further 1.5L and hence the question.

On the variant, W6 to W8(0) difference is almost 3L on road (both petrol and diesel) and for my requirement, W6 pretty much meets all the requirements. However I have the following questions just to make an informed decision:
On W6 AMT (petrol or diesel) are the following available:
1) Arm rest
2) Are Roof rails functional? (I can attach roof rack if required to carry additional luggage)

I am planning to buy W6 AMT and go with the following accessories:
1) Arm rest (if vehicle does not come with it already)
2) fog lamps
3) black leather seats
4) black leather steering cover
5) front parking sensors
6) roof rack
7) Android touch screen music system
8) reverse camera
9) Alloys

All of these from Mahindra showroom itself as it would not void my warranty. Any thing else required?

Any inputs to help me decide on the fuel type, variant and accessories would help me a lot.

I will create a separate thread on why I decided on XUV300 post purchase. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 6th February 2023 at 13:48.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 17:21   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Undecided between petrol or diesel, variant (w6 or w8(0)) and color.
So for city would I see any difference between petrol and Diesel AMTs?. If petrol AMT is as good as Diesel AMT for my usage, I can save a further 1.5L and hence the question.
On the variant, W6 to W8(0) difference is almost 3L on road (both petrol and diesel) and for my requirement, W6 pretty much meets all the requirements. However I have the following questions just to make an informed decision:
On W6 AMT (petrol or diesel) are the following available:
1) Arm rest
2) Are Roof rails functional? (I can attach roof rack if required to carry additional luggage)

I am planning to buy W6 AMT and go with the following accessories:
1) Arm rest (if vehicle does not come with it already)
2) fog lamps
3) black leather seats
4) black leather steering cover
5) front parking sensors
6) roof rack
7) Android touch screen music system
8) reverse camera
9) Alloys

All of these from Mahindra showroom itself as it would not void my warranty. Any thing else required?

Any inputs to help me decide on the fuel type, variant and accessories would help me a lot.

I will create a separate thread on why I decided on XUV300 post purchase. Thanks in advance for your help.
I bought an XUV 300 Petrol AMT recently. An automatic very safe small car (under 4mts) was my requirement and accordingly Kushaq/Nexon/XUV300 were my picks. Didn't consider Brezza as its 4star. Since monthly running wont cross 600-700 kms so Petrol was the natural choice. Was told by industry guys that one should only opt for Diesel if minimum running was 1500kms a month and that XUV300 had a better AMT/engine integration than Nexon. I found Kushaq to be rather small and unimpressive when compared to Nexon and XUV300 so it was out. XUV300 gave the feeling of an airy bigger car, given its higher wheelbase than Nexon. It also has all 4 disc brakes in addition to have better safety scores than Nexon within 5 star ratings. Only advantage with W8 (O) is its 7 air bags and DRLs to some extent but one of my kids is using it so 7 air bags seemed overkill to me. So bought on XUV 300 W6 Petrol AMT as i found it to be a better value.

I got DRLs, W8 Projectors Headlights, Fog lamps, W8 brake lights, W8 Arm Rest, door hazard lamps (all Mahindra Genuine) installed aftermarket in addition to an Android/reverse camera/seats covers/steering cover/ spoiler/ABS front & rear guard and few other accessories as i thought they added value. Didnt go for alloys. Roof racks come standard on W6. Didnt buy extended warranty nor went for ceramic coating/underbody treatment etc. since a new XUV300 comes with a Teflon coating and it holds good for 2 years (this was told by a Mahindra guy himself).
JKBKS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 19:03   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I bought an XUV 300 Petrol AMT recently.

I got DRLs, W8 Projectors Headlights, Fog lamps, W8 brake lights, W8 Arm Rest, door hazard lamps (all Mahindra Genuine) installed aftermarket in addition to an Android/reverse camera/seats covers/steering cover/ spoiler/ABS front & rear guard and few other accessories as i thought they added value. Didnt go for alloys. Roof racks come standard on W6.
Thanks for your reply. I am just now returning after taking a petrol manual test drive and its damn good. I find it better than the diesel AMT. Now the question is would petrol AMT be as good as its manual counterpart?.

The only reason why I might need to choose the diesel AMT is for its torque but would that even matter given that 90% of my usage is within city?.

I am more inclined towards petrol AMT now, unless someone here who has driven both petrol and diesel AMT convinces me to go for diesel AMT.

Sir, can you please give me a break-up of the accessories that you had bought?. You can send me a PM. Thank you.
Old 6th February 2023, 21:29   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Now the question is would petrol AMT be as good as its manual counterpart?.

The only reason why I might need to choose the diesel AMT is for its torque but would that even matter given that 90% of my usage is within city?.

I am more inclined towards petrol AMT now, unless someone here who has driven both petrol and diesel AMT convinces me to go for diesel AMT.

Sir, can you please give me a break-up of the accessories that you had bought?. You can send me a PM. Thank you.
I dont think there's going to be much difference between Petrol/Diesel AMT handling especially when its going to be used in city mostly. But if your monthly running is over 2000 kms then it may make sense. But BS6 diesel has DPF related issues that need to be kept in mind too. Also big metros may ban Diesels down the line which could be an issue if you intend to keep it for 7-10 years. Petrol gives a 15 year ownership window at the very least. Have sent a PM reg the accessories.
Old 7th February 2023, 08:42   #987
BHPian

Quote:
So for city would I see any difference between petrol and Diesel AMTs?. If petrol AMT is as good as Diesel AMT for my usage, I can save a further 1.5L and hence the question.
Hey Mate,

Congrats on choosing your new ride. As a person who has driven both the Diesel and the petrol model, I will list down why I went with the petrol XUV.

* Petrol, since my monthly ride is less than 600-700 Km. Because excessive periods of the car sitting idle at the garage may cause DPF-related problems. Although it has an easy fix, I didn't want the added trouble or rather I felt it was unnecessary.

* Since there was a huge price difference between petrol and Diesel, at least with respect to my budget back then.

Some points to note:

* I loved the Diesel, it was smooth, I and my buddies who went to a test drive were so amazed to even imagine it was a Diesel. It was silent, smooth, and had no clattering noise of the Diesel.

* The Power figures are definitely better in the Diesel. Even though it is not much felt in manual petrol vs Diesel, AMT variants did show the head nod effect, it was pronounced (negligible) in petrol in comparison with Diesel. This is what I felt. But if I were you I would still pick the petrol, it's completely liveable.

* If your monthly ride is on the higher side, the Diesel makes so much sense because it offers excellent mileage. My petrol XUV averages around 12-13 KPML in the city and around 17 at 100 KMPH and 21 ish at 80-85 KMPH. And I am damn sure the diesel offers way more attractive mileage figures. For me, it wasn't a deal breaker as my drives are significantly less except for the vacation trips.

So If you want to choose between the 2 fuel types, it's better if you could try and calculate your monthly average usage. If you drive a lot city or highways doesn't matter, 600 Km + I would strongly suggest going for Diesel.

As for the variants and accessories related

I bought the W8 variant. I didn't go for the W8(O) because I felt it wasn't necessary to have 7 airbags etc, but I still regret that decision. Safety and getting a complete car where I had to do nothing extra from aftermarket (like fog lamps, DRLs, or any significant electrical work) was my priority. So W8 ticked all the boxes for me. But I still opted for some accessories like:

* Scuff plates
* vacuum cleaner
* Window shades (official MM ones)
* Chrome bits in handles etc
* Underbody coating. Necessary to get done once in 3 years (it was free though as a goodwill gesture)
* Mahindra official tire inflator
* My variant came as stock with alloys (although the machined ones look really cool) so I didn't go for one
* Floor mats
* rubber pads for the door pockets and cup holder. ( I hate things sliding around when driving, very important).
* parcel shelf
* Beige leather seats (official ones)
* Front parking sensors
* And some extra cosmetic stuff for the car.

As for the Armrest, mine had one. But I am not sure Mahindra is allowing one to fit aftermarket officially. You can get it fixed outside though.

All my accessories are from Mahindra, they came with one year warranty.

The roof rails (if your car by stock or out of the factory has one, not the ones you fit via accessories) are bolted to the frame so they can carry the load on it. I can vouch for this because my brother works at M&M in a reputable position. And I also carried luggage on it during my Chennai to Alleppey trip (around 1600 Kms to and fro)

Something additional, I do feel you must take a test ride of even the petrol and see if it's a deal breaker.

Wish you all the luck in your purchasing journey. Do keep us posted.

And definitely eager for your thread!

Have a good day mate!
PetroHeado is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 12:36   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroHeado View Post
Some points to note:

I and my buddies who went to a test drive were so amazed to even imagine it was a Diesel. It was silent, smooth, and had no clattering noise of the Diesel.

it was pronounced (negligible) in petrol in comparison with Diesel. This is what I felt.

The roof rails (if your car by stock or out of the factory has one, not the ones you fit via accessories) are bolted to the frame so they can carry the load on it. I can vouch for this because my brother works at M&M in a reputable position.

Something additional, I do feel you must take a test ride of even the petrol and see if it's a deal breaker.
Thank you for taking the time for the detailed reply.

Very true, the diesel was so damn refined that post the test drive, I actually had to check the fuel lid to confirm if it actually was diesel.

After my initial post on this thread, I did take a petrol test drive, it was manual though. I actually found it better than diesel in terms of eagerness to pull and felt light and agile as well. On the contrary, the diesel AMT felt bit heavy and less eager to pull and tiny bit lethargic. Both test drives were under heavy city traffic conditions.

Here comes the confusion though, since it was petrol manual vs. diesel AMT, now if petrol AMT is as eager to pull as its manual counterpart, I am worried it might lead to lot of jerkiness as it might have to constantly keep shifting to upper/lower gears under heavy traffic conditions, which would be 80% of its usge. Diesel AMT I found liveable, but if petrol AMT is more pronounced as you say, which I can relate to after driving the manual, not sure how bad it might be.

Thank you for confirming the roof rails part of it, so with minimal additional cost, extra luggage space can be managed, so boot space is not a blocker here.

Still confused between petrol AMT vs. Diesel AMT. I will try to push for petrol AMT test drive from the dealer before confirming. Mostly it would be W6 variant as I am convinced that it meets all my requirements and I will go with list of additional accessories which would cost me less than half of what I would have to otherwise spend for W8(0).

Thanks for your help and inputs. Have a great day.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 7th February 2023 at 12:37.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 13:53   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Still confused between petrol AMT vs. Diesel AMT.
I read that your usage is strictly for city. One word: DPF!

Do not but Diesel powertrain in BS6 guise for city usage. My primary usage is on the highways but the two times that I used the car extensively for city usage (just a period of 2-3 months of city only usage) had the car throwing DPF alert requiring park regen or 30min highway runs.

If your city usage includes sustained speeds of 60kph then you can maybe consider BS6 Diesels. Otherwise no.
krishnakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 18:06   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroHeado View Post
I bought the W8 variant. I didn't go for the W8(O) because I felt it wasn't necessary to have 7 airbags etc, but I still regret that decision. Safety and getting a complete car where I had to do nothing extra from aftermarket (like fog lamps, DRLs, or any significant electrical work) was my priority.
Hey, is the 3OO still coming with 7 airbags? I don't think so. It has been cut to 6 on the high end too. I own the W8(O) Oct 2020 model and it has 7 airbags bags.

Most Viewed