Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-11.html)

Don't know if this belongs to this thread, but just spotted a weird thing:

Harrier wheels on a Discovery Sport!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sainyamk95 (Post 4597851)

Is it just me or are those drum brakes at the rear? I wonder if this is another mule like the early ones with a Disco Sport top. The 4WD being tested?

Quote:

Interesting !! did you take this pic ? just confirming if this is not one of those old forwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 4598494)
Interesting !! did you take this pic ? just confirming if this is not one of those old forwards.

Haha I did. Spotted it in Belapur, Navi Mumbai.

Speculated to be Harrier AT, spied on test,

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-2.jpg

Link

Quote:

Those wheels are actually the stock ones that come with some variants of discovery sport. The part number is LR073512 (style 522) Odyssey 17 inch alloy wheels. Found them on LR parts website :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aveoman19 (Post 4599079)
Those wheels are actually the stock ones that come with some variants of discovery sport. The part number is LR073512 (style 522) Odyssey 17 inch alloy wheels. Found them on LR parts website :)

Just shows how lazy Tata Motors have been !

Harrier-based Tata Buzzard 7 seat SUV testing at Khardung La before official launch.

Quote:

Since the Buzzard will be launched close to the implementation of the BS-VI norms in the Indian market, it is likely to get the BS-VI compliant engine. It should be noted that the Buzzard will get the same 2.0-litre KRYOTEC engine that powers the Tata Harrier
Link

Tata Harrier : Official Review-capture.png

Tata Harriers dispatches for the month of May stand 1779

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4589231)
I see very few Harriers in Cochin which is a city of car lovers and that tells me that Tata has probably still not streamlined production and deliveries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 (Post 4599870)

Im quoting my own post from Mid May because I have noticed that ever since the launch of the much anticipated Harrier, the SUV has been a very rare sight on Cochin's roads. In fact, I have seen more PY registered supercars and imports than Harriers in the last few months and that's saying something!

I have observed a few orange Harriers and a couple of white ones around town. That's it. And Cochin really is a city that loves its cars so much so that it is rare to drive around and not see a straight out of the showroom car / SUV with temporary registration . I was thinking about the Harrier the other day and I felt sure that Tata is going slow to fix the different issues and streamline production. The dispatch numbers sure do point in that direction. Demand seems to be high but supply is the challenge today.

Also, I cant remember the last time there was so much excitement on the forum regarding a new launch but the official review thread saw hardly any traction!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 (Post 4599870)

Seeing the Harrier in flesh is a very different feeling compared to what is experienced in videos and reviews. It has a lot of road presence and looks massive and quite impressive for sure. Its Land-Rover pedigee is giving it that premium look :thumbs up

Happy to report that no serious niggles (other than some minor issue with the infotainment system) have popped up after driving my Harrier for the past 3 weeks of ownership. Infotainment system acts weird sometimes by increasing the volume (keep on increasing to the max) on its own if I press the volume button as soon as I start the car. Hope it will be solved once the software update is done during the first service.

I did a ~100 kms highway drive last week in moderate traffic (some city traffic and traffic signal stops were also involved). The MID showed a maximum and minimum KMPL figures of 23.2 and 19.5 respectively. The drive was done on ‘Economy Mode’ and with air-con on full time (21 degrees at fan speed 3). The maximum speed reached was 85 kmph. 19.5 kmpl was the figure shown at the end of the journey. Not bad, I think!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzerman (Post 4600064)

I did a ~100 kms highway drive last week in moderate traffic (some city traffic and traffic signal stops were also involved). The MID showed a maximum and minimum KMPL figures of 23.2 and 19.5 respectively. The drive was done on ‘Economy Mode’ and with air-con on full time (21 degrees at fan speed 3). The maximum speed reached was 85 kmph. 19.5 kmpl was the figure shown at the end of the journey. Not bad, I think!

Congrats on your acquisition and hope your ownership remains niggle-free.
On the MID FE numbers, please don't trust new age Tata vehicles. If you are keen on knowing the FE, calculate it Tankful-to-tankful. My Nexon shows 20% more FE on the MID, which means, if it is showing 20kmpl on the MID the actual FE would be ~16kmpl. I am assuming Harrier is also bitten by this bug. But anyways, 19.5 even on the MID is very very good.

Since your car is from the newer batch, how is the NVH? Were you able to compare it with initial lot test drive vehicles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzerman (Post 4600064)

Please share your thoughts on the 'light steering' issue once you do a highway drive!

Usually in automatics, the braking system is upgraded to compensate for more brake use due to the lack of engine braking.

Any information of the same being done for the AT versions of the Harrier/Cassini?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihrishi (Post 4600127)
Usually in automatics, the braking system is upgraded to compensate for more brake use due to the lack of engine braking.

Any information of the same being done for the AT versions of the Harrier/Cassini?

Not necessarily. Tata AT and MT variants usually use the same brake systems, just that AT variants need brake overhauls more frequently than their MT siblings. For example , Hexa AT and MT version use the same brake pads and rotors. While the AT variants need brake pad replacements at 20-25 K, MT variants hold on much longer. And modern ATs are intelligent enough to use engine braking. My Hexa AT does engine brake if I slightly touch the brake pedal; It always drops a gear depending on the speed and RPM.