Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-13.html)

Quote:

[OrangeCar;4605680]

The leather layer on the gear lever worn away:

Attachment 1885782
Dear @OrangeCar

Finished leather is coated with a layer of pigment-based paint, and this is the thin layer that you see peeling and not the leather, which should be fine and last a long time.

That said - the uneven peeling / discoloration is unsightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCar (Post 4605680)

The leather layer on the gear lever worn away:

The aircraft cockpit styled hand brake's piano black finish worn away:

I just could not close the sun glass holder in the display car in the dealership. It was broken or the part had failed, I am not sure.

TD cars generally lead a rough life. I would depend more on the ownership reviews here. I am guessing the first two may be due to personal jewellery worn by people.

Tata Harrier dual tone colour options officially launched

Source

Quote:

After about six months of launch, Tata Motors has finally added dual tone colour options to Harrier line-up. The dual tone Harrier is on offer with Orcus White and Calisto Copper colour options. Apart from the addition of dual tone colour option, there are no other changes.

Hoping Tata won't decide these two colours are only available as dual tone now. They are masters of taking one step backward for every two steps forward.

TATA Harrier spotted sporting yellow plates. This happens eventually to every car but it's is a little early specially for a premium offering from TATA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCar (Post 4605680)
Had an opportunity to do a short test drive of the Tata Harrier this weekend.

Few observations are below. Note, I do not have Nikki Lauda like skills to be able to measure a car in a jiffy! :D

Also, the TD car was a top end variant, costing upwards of 21L in Bengaluru. And its state as I observed is as below. Nope, this was not a case of TD car maintenance, but more to do with part quality.

The gear lever and hand brake chipping reminds me of my Indica and my brothers Vista,with similar quality issues. Really feel sad looking at this, as I thought Tata had finally improved on quality :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrongturn (Post 4610886)
TATA Harrier spotted sporting yellow plates. This happens eventually to every car but it's is a little early specially for a premium offering from TATA.

This is the XM variant. When did Tata offer black as an option?
:OT I have been spotting a lot of Nexons (XM variant) as taxis. But I thought Tata had restricted their sales to the taxi segments. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by artemis_fowl (Post 4612118)
This is the XM variant. When did Tata offer black as an option?
:OT I have been spotting a lot of Nexons (XM variant) as taxis. But I thought Tata had restricted their sales to the taxi segments. Can someone please shed some light on this?

It wasn't black, it was grey and had IPL branding as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrongturn (Post 4612150)
It wasn't black, it was grey and had IPL branding as well.

I think you answered the question. This was used during IPL to ferry players around.

They used a few in every city for branding and most were used for transport by IPL. It was the official fleet car.

Tata Harrier new avatar teaser out on the official instragram page.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-b711152762f648b3943800d5abc14ee3.png

Let me give some clarity. In Rajasthan, before you get a Black Board the car needs to be registered and presented to RTO with a yellow board. This is the exact time it must have been clicked. Later they give Black Board. I don't believe a premium product like Harrier will be out in Yellow Board for time to come!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrongturn (Post 4610886)
TATA Harrier spotted sporting yellow plates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 4612433)
Tata Harrier new avatar teaser out on the official instragram page.
Attachment 1888779

Knowing Tata, this will be nothing but the two toned version
lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihrishi (Post 4612456)
Knowing Tata, this will be nothing but the two toned version

Minus some features?

They need to do something really fast to attract customers. Auto option and sunroof may work. They are already in trouble due to Hector launch and Seltos unveil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4612460)
Minus some features?

They need to do something really fast to attract customers. Auto option and sunroof may work. They are already in trouble due to Hector launch and Seltos unveil.

I would like to be pleasantly surprised by the above...

More news on this: Source

Quote:

The Tata Harrier will soon be available in dual-tone colour schemes. Tata Motors' cryptic teaser campaign on social media suggests the SUV is set to be offered with the option of new black-on-orange (Calisto Copper-Black) and black-on-silver (Ariel Silver-Black) schemes. In either case, orange and silver will be the primary body colours while the roofs on these dual-tone versions will sport a contrast black finish. So far, the Harrier could be accessorised with official roof decals though full-length roof wraps were offered as dealer-level extras. Expect the dual-tone combos to add about Rs 60,000 to the Harrier’s price.
60k? For dual tone? Wow. That's a gutsy move, Tata.

While heart says Harrier, Tata is doing all it can to push me towards the Hector.