Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2019, 16:08   #256
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
IMHO this is a pointless arguement as you assume that MG really exists - it died decades ago, and they were known for 2-seater roadsters, definitely not MUVs. This is like naming a commuter boat in the backwaters ‘The Titanic’ or ‘QE2’.
Interesting analogy, and would definitely agree. Here below is a link to a review from Dubai that mirrors my thoughts exactly:

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle...-past-1.733721

"As the architect of so many beautiful motors, Morris would doubtless be spinning in his grave when it comes to the styling of the two new MG models "

Unfortunately the masses fall for car models conceptualized by the Marketing department rather than developed by the Engineering and Design department
keith2524 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 20:04   #257
BHPian

Came across a Facebook post on the Harrier owners group stating that Tata is making a silent recall. The items of replacement being some clutch spring, the tailgate button and some AC parts. On a brief comment section chat, I got to know that the earlier or the first batch of the Harrier are the ones being recalled. Can any owner confirm on this?
Tanveer02 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 13:59   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
Came across a Facebook post on the Harrier owners group stating that Tata is making a silent recall.
Mine is a February model Harrier and I have not received any such recall message from either Tata Motors or the dealer (Malik Motors). I also checked with the Tata Motors Custoemr Service rep and he confirmed that it is a malicious message being floated on FB.
madhukriss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 14:14   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukriss View Post
Mine is a February model Harrier and I have not received any such recall message from either Tata Motors or the dealer (Malik Motors). I also checked with the Tata Motors Custoemr Service rep and he confirmed that it is a malicious message being floated on FB.
I've had a phone call with the service advisor today, while he didn't answer my question about the recall in a possible straight manner and was actually not much pleased about me asking on the topic, he didn't straightaway deny about any recall happening either. I'm now left with more question marks than answers
Tanveer02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 15:23   #260

It is not a recall but as part of service a few components were updated. I gave my harrier for service last week and here's the list of parts replaced.

• Clutch pedal return spring
  • Clutch compression spring
  • Couple of hose clamps
  • Tail gate switch
  • Software update to ICE

Tata has been collecting feedback and changing parts on its own for all customers during free service. I had other problems with right indicator and they changed the parts for these as well.
jithu2k1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 16:14   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Came across a Facebook post on the Harrier owners group stating that Tata is making a silent recall. The items of replacement being some clutch spring, the tailgate button and some AC parts. On a brief comment section chat, I got to know that the earlier or the first batch of the Harrier are the ones being recalled. Can any owner confirm on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithu2k1 View Post
It is not a recall but as part of service a few components were updated. I gave my harrier for service last week and here's the list of parts replaced.

• Clutch pedal return spring
  • Clutch compression spring
  • Couple of hose clamps
  • Tail gate switch
  • Software update to ICE

Tata has been collecting feedback and changing parts on its own for all customers during free service. I had other problems with right indicator and they changed the parts for these as well.

So, that confirms the soft recall is true.

Still no updates to the steering?
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 16:43   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post

Still no updates to the steering?
Steering had been tight for me since purchase. I was driving a Ford Figo diesel before harrier and it was more or less the same experience for me.

Forgot to add that the AC switch panel which some folks had reported about paint peeling was also replaced.

Apart from free service, 5 monsoon checks were also done. Took about 2 days for all things to be done.
jithu2k1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 15:34   #263

Four things update coming in market:

1. Steering Behavior
2. Clutch
3. ICE (R10.X)
4. Noise Insulation
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-harrier-updates.jpg  

saurabh_001 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:45   #264
BHPian

Quote:
I've had a phone call with the service advisor today, while he didn't answer my question about the recall in a possible straight manner
So, after seeing this post of your's, I decided to call the service advisor. He confirmed that certain vehicles are being recalled and checked my vehicle's chassis number. Apparently my Harrier (Feb date of manufacture) would need to be taken back for the replacements mentioned in the earlier posts. However, I have not had any issues with either the clutch, tailgate release button or the A/C buttons. But I'm not averse either to these components being replaced at this time when my vehicle has just crossed the 10,000 kms mark.
madhukriss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:47   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_001 View Post

1. Steering Behavior
2. Clutch
3. ICE (R10.X)
4. Noise Insulation

So this update will be seen on factory new Harriers or the ones that are sold wil be upgraded?
Old 12th July 2019, 10:28   #266

Old ones being upgraded during their scheduled service/monsoon check camps by informing owners. New ones should be carrying these updates. (question is which batch onwards?).
Apart from this, some issues like AC panel buttons being replaced with better quality ones.
After these updates, clutch is a bit on heavier side, frequent halting of vehicle in higher gears stopped, Steering having more feedback. <Shared by owners based on their experience at social forums>
Thats nice gesture by Tata IMO. Thanks to budding competition in this segment.
saurabh_001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 13:34   #267
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Four things update coming in market
I must appreciate Tata's response. This list includes the things we've complained about in our review too. I'll be very eager to hear from owners on how / if things have improved.

That said, it just reinforces the fact that any new Tata / Mahindra is best bought a year or two after launch.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 13:36   #268
BHPian

Quote:

1. Steering Behavior
2. Clutch
3. ICE (R10.X)
4. Noise Insulation

Tata seems to be very cleverly (cunningly?) trying to indicate that the 4 issues being rectified were just on "pre-production versions" that are being fixed upon "feedback from media".
(One cannot miss "pre-production" and "media" in that flyer!, not matter how hard you try.)

Now we all know that isn't true, is it?

Pretty sure that they cannot be saying we messed up with the first batch of production in an attempt to launch it early!

Anyway, good to see Tata making amends for Harrier given that media reports are indicating that the MG Hector is already commanding a 7 months waiting on some variants!
nishsingh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 15:01   #269
BHPian

Good to see Tata is responding fast to the feedbacks

But one question though, Tata (or any other manufacturers) boasts of testing their cars for millions of miles before release. Were these test drivers not able to find out these issues / niggles while they were 'testing' the cars for 'millions of miles' ? (which almost everyone in this forum who has driven the car reported , including official review)

Asish_VK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 15:01   #270
Senior - BHPian

Good job Tata. But why did you need customer feedback to fix these four things. (Except the ICE maybe). Shouldn't they have been obvious after so many kilometres of test drives before launch!

Just waiting for 6 months would have given the car a flawless launch. Maybe even better pricing.

PS: Don't repeat the same mistake with the Altroz or Cassini.
samaspire is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed