Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-20.html)

I hope that they give it a small facelift with smoked out headlights and a bit of dark chrome trim here and there to make it a bit more special. Especially standing next to the Seltos, it is looking a bit plain.

Now my favourite car will be even better with lots of goodies coming and improved aesthetics, and the most in-demand 'sun-roof'. Competition brings out the best in you, indeed. I just wish the car had not heeded so much ground to MG and Seltos and had come fully ready to the battlefield.

We had decided on a Harrier long back, but due to personal reasons, kept on pushing the D-Day. Looks like the day is nearing! The amazing Nexon has sold over 1 Lakh copies and I hope Harrier does decent numbers. BS6 engine should be out now!

@Tanveer .. congratulations on your new ride. Am disappointed to know that the steering feedback is still the same inspite Tata's claiming that they have addressed the issue. There is a post from one of the owners where Tata have tweaked this in 1st service and it's much better. Maybe you would want to check that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palio_2005 (Post 4624399)
@Tanveer .. congratulations on your new ride. Am disappointed to know that the steering feedback is still the same inspite Tata's claiming that they have addressed the issue. There is a post from one of the owners where Tata have tweaked this in 1st service and it's much better. Maybe you would want to check that

Thanks for your wishes sir.
Coming to the steering issue, yes it still persists and if I am asked for an opinion, I'd say one needs to carefully plan the bends and corners with ultimate precision. For someone like me who drives a Hyundai on daily basis and is used to lifeless steering, this steering has more life than required.
But then, like every owner who loves his steed, I've made peace with the shortcomings of the car :)
My first routine servicing is yet to come and I've my fingers crossed.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20190721_225155.jpg
The odo as of today.

Tata Harrier 4x4 coming in 2020??

According to Motor Octane.

A bit skeptical of this particular website and the news they put out, but anyone know if there is any truth to the report that Tata Harrier 4x4 is on the way? I know it was always rumoured but nothing more. This report claims it will be launched by 2020. They've even given a price list, which includes the price for the 4x4 version (18.9 L)!

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_R (Post 4626450)
Tata Harrier 4x4 coming in 2020??

Link

I really hope it gets a proper 4x4 like the Safari Storme, and not an AWD like the Hexa.

Oh, and that pic that they posted is from an old promo video, from probably the launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simeonovitch (Post 4626477)
I really hope it gets a proper 4x4 like the Safari Storme, and not an AWD like the Hexa.

Oh, and that pic that they posted is from an old promo video, from probably the launch.

They would be idiots if they left that relatively big transmission tunnel unused. Both the Disco Sport and the Compass use the same model 4WD which is what that tunnel was built for. The manufacturer also claims that its easily adaptable to any vehicle. Tata has so far only cited pricing and demand as the deterrent. I think while the Harrier needs it as a differentiator as none of the competition except the compass has one but for the Buzzard unless it wants to be an Innova rival this is a minimum criteria.

Having said that the 7 seater timeline seems to be crossing over from 2019 to 2020. Tata sure is leaving a ample room for competition to catch up neither being an early mover not coming out with market expected features. Fair play I guess :D

7 Seat Harrier Spied- Will get a New name,

Quote:

It will replace Hexa as company’s flagship car.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-tatabuzzardfrontrearspied2.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-tatabuzzardfrontrearspied1.jpg

Link

This looks like one of those typical Rushlane click bait article. Just rephrased everything that is already there in the public domain and a lot of 'may' and 'could' statements. I think it is already common knowledge that this will get a new name and will be the new flagship.

Slightly OT. So I sat recently in the Harrier and Nexon about 5 times back to back at the Concorde showroom Baner. The Harrier certainly is a gem of a car. Potential there for sure.

However, I can't somehow stop the feeling that the superb team that designed and built the Nexon, probably switched jobs in the time between Nexon and Harrier. When in the Nexon, one gets the feeling that they really squeezed out the last drop of innovation, imagination, finishing, style and finesse. There are quite a lot of near misses or oversights in case of the Harrier.

I'll give a simple example. Just look at how the rear-parking camera is integrated in the Nexon. Its beyond doubt one of the best integrations on our streets right now. Harrier has that usual stubby housing sticking out like a sore thumb. How did nobody think of doing a better design in a car that costs double that of the Nexon, from the same company?

Don't get me wrong - amongst its peers in the segment, it is a superb package of capability, quality & looks. The Harrier is a looker, it has insane street presense and is fairly scary to look at in the rear view mirror. Yet - it keeps on giving the vibe that there was so much more easily possible - without troubling the cost too much. The little Nexon keeps on reminding of "what could be".

Any idea about another upcoming price Hike for Harrier?
My friend booked Harrier last month and now dealer is telling about the oncoming price hike of Rs. 25,000.

I am quite sure that dealer is doing this just to get the full payment done as soon as possible and there is no real price hike coming.
Can anyone confirm?

I have seen a few Harriers on the road now. As mentioned by many, an absolute stunner!

I remember reading some posts about the brake lights being too small. I tried noticing them whenever I was behind a Harrier and they are indeed small! The brake lights are so crucial and for me even more important than headlights!. I am control of my car and can see everything in front of me, but behind me? I can only hope that the vehicle behind is keeping a close watch on what I am doing just as I am keeping a close watch on the vehicles in front of me.

This is where I just loved the brake lights on the first generation Verna which I used for almost 10 years. The brake lights will break into the eyes of those behind and there is no way anyone could miss the brake lights glowing.

For such a beautiful car, surely Tata should not make such mistakes :mad:.

For existing owners of the Harrier - Along with the free monsoon check-up, Tata Harrier owners are entitled for free updates -
  1. A software update to improve its infotainment system.
  2. Steering wheel mechanism update for improved feedback and responsiveness. (heavier)
  3. Responsive and Soft Touch clutch to improve drive quality. (reduced clutch travel)
  4. NVH levels have been improved.

Below is the detailed invoice shared by Tata Harrier owner, Mr Utsav Sharma. (Link)

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20190727_142738.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4628122)
For existing owners of the Harrier - Along with the free monsoon check-up, Tata Harrier owners are entitled for free updates -
  1. A software update to improve its infotainment system.
  2. Steering wheel mechanism update for improved feedback and responsiveness. (heavier)
  3. Responsive and Soft Touch clutch to improve drive quality. (reduced clutch travel)
  4. NVH levels have been improved.

Below is the detailed invoice shared by Tata Harrier owner, Mr Utsav Sharma. (Link)

Attachment 1899278

This just goes on to show that Tata had hurried into the launch of the Harrier. They could have easily ironed out these niggles (some of which are quite serious), before the launch. Also I don't see any fix for that cumbersome parking brake mechanism mentioned here. I was almost sure they would fix it after seeing how unrefined it was.

I saw a couple of XM Harriers in person on the highway over last 2-3 days. While the car obviously is still imposing, I feel Tata would do better by installing the LED DRLs XM onwards rather than XT.

XE/XM are coming with the bulb type yellow DRLs and its such a turn off! :Frustrati Its taking away what defines the Harrier in people's minds. Add the LED DRLs and android Auto in the XM Tata please & see what it does to your sales charts. Fine to bump up the price by 15k for these 2 features & people will pay.

XM suddenly will become the hot favourite trim level. It ticks most other boxes already.