Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 13:05   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
XM suddenly will become the hot favourite trim level. It ticks most other boxes already.
The one key feature I miss in the XM is cruise control. The Harrier XM is an ideal highway vehicle if not for the absence of the cruise control, which comes in really useful to flex and stretch the right foot on long road trips. Also, I wish they would somehow get rid of the dash trim curving into the area where one's knees rest and making it harder for tall people to find a comfortable position without pressure on the knees. Do these two and XM would be a great truck for under 17 lakhs on-road.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 29th July 2019 at 13:08.
Old 29th July 2019, 13:06   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The one key feature I miss in the XM is cruise control. The Harrier is an ideal highway vehicle if not for the absence of the cruise control, which comes in really useful to flex and stretch the right foot on long road trips. Also, I wish they would somehow get rid of the dash trim curving into the area where one's knees rest and making it harder for tall people to find a comfortable position without pressure on the knees. Do these two and XM would be a great truck for under 17 lakhs on-road.
Then they can pretty much discontinue XT/XZ. Not much remains for which people will pay the premium eh?
Old 29th July 2019, 13:52   #303
BHPian

Quote:
XE/XM are coming with the bulb type yellow DRLs and its such a turn off!
The yellow bulbs can be replaced with white LED bulbs which look far better than the standard ones. Photo from facebook post of the owner.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...4105&source=48
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-59768462_2306054159455124_3277937220903763968_o.jpg  

damodar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 10:44   #304
BHPian

"Tata, show me the sky."

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20190730_104312.jpg

Tata Harrier sunroof accessory is priced at Rs 95,066. It will be made available to existing as well as new owners of Harrier. Dealers have started accepting orders for the same. Please note that Harrier sunroof installations charges extra as applicable. Sunroof warranty applicable for 2 years from the date of installation.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20190730_104719.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20190730_104701.jpg

Rushlane

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 30th July 2019 at 10:53.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 11:17   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
"Tata, show me the sky."

Tata Harrier sunroof accessory is priced at Rs 95,066. It will be made available to existing as well as new owners of Harrier. Dealers have started accepting orders for the same. Please note that Harrier sunroof installations charges extra as applicable. Sunroof warranty applicable for 2 years from the date of installation.
Almost 1 Lakh + Installation for an after-market job, that cuts OEM sheet metal (which is also ribbed) and internal insulation material. High probability that it will work as a SUN, MOON and RAIN roof.

Sorry Tata, we are bored of after-market jobs on what is supposed to be a premium offering. Its about time you made up your mind and decided whether you really want to give a sun-roof or not.

With the Hector offering a proper panoramic sun-roof, this tiny window - that too as an after-market modification to a costly car -- makes you look quite lame to be honest.

I really hope this is not true & its just an after-market accessory, not a Tata official offering.
Reinhard is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 12:29   #306
BHPian

Overdrive did a comparison with MG’s latest. While I don’t remember what he was saying about the MG, probably selective hearing on my part, R Paradkar also called out the “large” side view mirrors which make things difficult when taking Right/Left/U turns. Although he was shy about referring to the steering feel, which understandably is a touché topic for TATA.
maven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 18:50   #307
Senior - BHPian

All-Black Tata Harrier to be launched in August 2019

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190730061938_tataharrierblackfront.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190730061945_tataharrierblackrear.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190730061951_tataharrierblackinterior.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190730062004_tataharrierblackrearsea.jpg

Quote:
This stealthy-looking Tata Harrier variant sports a glossy-black paint job, blacked-out 17-inch alloy wheels and even the skid plate at the front and matte-silver element on the rear bumper have been blacked out.
Quote:
Mirroring the exterior theme, the Harrier’s interior, too, is all-black. Black leather upholstery replaces the brown upholstery seen on the standard Harrier, and replacing the faux-wood insert on the dash is a textured matte-grey panel.

These changes aside, the all-black Harrier remains identical to the standard model.
Quote:
The Tata Harrier is set to get some substantial updates in the months to come.
Source

Last edited by CarguyNish : 30th July 2019 at 18:51.
CarguyNish is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 20:09   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Spotted this near Dharwad, on Belgaum highway.

Attachment 1896286

Mods: Please move it to appropriate thread.
I am not sure where it would belong.

For the past couple of weeks I keep seeing this being driven around Hubli - Dharwad.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-untitled.png
Old 30th July 2019, 20:15   #309
Senior - BHPian

They have a plant there, right? I do not know how it is now, but Hubli-Dharwad is a major market for TML cars, isn't it?

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th July 2019 at 20:22.
Old 30th July 2019, 20:33   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
They have a plant there, right? I do not know how it is now, but Hubli-Dharwad is a major market for TML cars, isn't it?
The plant near Dharwad is for MarcoPolo buses and some back-hoe type heavy equipment. There may be some of Ace Zip's too - have seen these parked in the lots near the gate. No plant for cars / UV's.

Market wise, it is still like other places - Maruti, Hyundai etc.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 20:49   #311
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The plant near Dharwad is for MarcoPolo buses and some back-hoe type heavy equipment. There may be some of Ace Zip's too - have seen these parked in the lots near the gate. No plant for cars / UV's.

Market wise, it is still like other places - Maruti, Hyundai etc.
Bus manufacturing facility is TMML and there they have Tata Motors Facility where they will manufacture ace Zip and bus chassis.

But some of testing car are found in Tata Motors plant in dharwad. May be any consulting and testing ?
Old 30th July 2019, 20:51   #312
Senior - BHPian

@condor - I know they do not have a passenger car plant there. But this test car has something to do with their plant as previous spotting was right in front of their gate.
Old 30th July 2019, 20:57   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@condor - I know they do not have a passenger car plant there. But this test car has something to do with their plant as previous spotting was right in front of their gate.
Could just be a safe place to park the car. What better security than inside the plant ?
Old 30th July 2019, 21:39   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
All-Black Tata Harrier to be launched in August 2019
Wow this looks serious butch!! The black theme really suits the Harrier.

It also conceals the bulk of the SUV that seems to be more prominent in lighter colors. The red on the reflectors and brakelight at the rear offset the black very well too.

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 30th July 2019 at 21:41.
Old 30th July 2019, 23:19   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Almost 1 Lakh + Installation for an after-market job, that cuts OEM sheet metal (which is also ribbed) and internal insulation material. High probability that it will work as a SUN, MOON and RAIN roof.
They have done this in the past with Nexon and Nano too IIRC. Some forum members had it installed. Haven't read of any issues till date of leakage etc. Those were by Webasto. One can assume the Harrier one would be by Webasto too.

I may be the only one here, but I like the idea of optional sunroof. 2 reasons, there are some like me who are absolutely against the idea of a sunroof in our climate - so why pay extra for something I won't use. And secondly, this way, existing owners can ALSO get it installed. Imagine buying a 20 lakh rupee car and within 3 months they launch a XZ++ model with sunroof for 22 lakhs - and now, you can't buy it!

I had read somewhere Tata were contemplating a non-opening sunroof! Since that way people wouldn't endanger their kids and would get the sunroof too! I am glad better sense prevailed and they are at least giving the market what it wants, rather than insist on keeping on doing things their way.

That does NOT take away from the fact, that they SHOULD have had the automatic and the sunroof - both ready at launch. No two ways about that.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2019 at 10:00. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks