Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 16:41   #451
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

I have driven Tata Harrier and read about reviews of MG hector and seen it only briefly. I have a gut feeling that a improved harrier will be better product in the long run as compared to hector.
Sandeep500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 23:57   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Sai Eshwar Reddy
I wish Mr Sai Eshwar Reddy was on our forum so that we could have got a lot more details of the problems he faced. Because of the TATA brand perception most people don't even go to their showrooms. And for the some who do buy them they are plagued by a million doubts, some of them self created and some by their well wishers.

Now from what Mr Sai Eshwar Reddy mentioned regarding the multiple issues I will try to awnser these one by one from my experience of owning an Aria in 2014 and have a Hexa XTA since 2017. I also have driven a Storme EX of my friend quite a fair bit.
The clutch noise when pressing suddenly is common to all the manual SUVs from TATA. It's present in Storme, Hexa and it's even mentioned in couple of Storme ownership threads here too. It's some kind of trait of the self adjusting clutch used by TML, but it has never given a problem in the function of the unit.
Freezing of music system was solved by updating the software so it's not an issue which can't resolved.
XM variant has knobs for controlling the HVAC. Yes they may have some play in them but did it effect the functioning of the AC? Yes I agree those should have been fitted in a tighter manner in a car at this price point.
The driver side door has this provision for removal of the plastic cap for using the emergency key. Now it's human tendency to check for loose caps in the other handles when one of them fails. Would like to see how loose the other three door handles are.
This steering will make noises when you turn left or right because this is a hydraulic power steering.
With regards to the misaligned dashboard the dealership should respond. Was it removed by them to rectify any fault?

Last edited by damodar : 10th September 2019 at 00:13.
damodar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 02:51   #453
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a brand new car..

Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 08:27   #454
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Looks like a very nasty accident. It would be great if we get more details on this.
Old 11th September 2019, 10:32   #455

Quote:
Its a week old video on youtube. where its confirmed no loss of life in video description itself. Probably overspeeding is the reason.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2019 at 19:06. Reason: Removing Youtube URLs from the quoted post = repetition. Thanks
saurabh_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 14:52   #456
BHPian

just got a call from TATA (Ghaziabad) and they confirm that the Harrier Automatic is coming in January 2020 only. Anybody can corroborate this news ? am in the market for a mid size Automatic SUV around 20 L and Seltos, Harrier Hector are in the shortlist
drasitkhanna is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 09:48   #457

Feeling sorry for what he underwent.

Did Mr Sai updated you about his complain to Tata and action taken by Tata on this.

To me its like going into branded showroom, getting soiled shoes as fresh piece and scolding shoe brand that they should have checked the shoes during dispatch. (logically, the analogy fits situation)

Either factory miss or dealers guile, Tata has to provide justification because its the brand being questioned and not the dealer.

But we should also be curious about inquiry and action taken by Tata.
Old 12th September 2019, 13:03   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
just got a call from TATA (Ghaziabad) and they confirm that the Harrier Automatic is coming in January 2020 only. Anybody can corroborate this news ? am in the market for a mid size Automatic SUV around 20 L and Seltos, Harrier Hector are in the shortlist
I have already said this in another thread. BS6 versions of both the Cassini and the Harrier are coming by the year end or early next year with auto tranny in 170 hp state of tune.
ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 13:27   #459
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
I have already said this in another thread. BS6 versions of both the Cassini and the Harrier are coming by the year end or early next year with auto tranny in 170 hp state of tune.

If that happens, it will, perhaps, be the only car to gain bhp due to the emission norms,, whereas every other car will be dropping a few ponies.
simeonovitch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 07:27   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
just got a call from TATA (Ghaziabad) and they confirm that the Harrier Automatic is coming in January 2020 only.
Great if it was true. I was informed by Tata Motors that the Harrier automatic will be launched as a part of product lifecycle and can be expected by Q1 2020, hopefully March. Buzzard on the other hand will be launched by Diwali this year.
Old 13th September 2019, 10:07   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplaybill View Post
Buzzard on the other hand will be launched by Diwali this year.
So H7X will also launch with a Diesel-Manual powertrain option only? No automatic at launch? I think potential customers are going to start feeling offended by Tata Motors soon by this silly attitude. It causes a lot of bad PR. Every review that says "its disappointing to not have an automatic option" in the media will give that little negative thought to potential customer thats enough to sway to a different brand. And its going to be in a segment where people PREFER automatics now & not manuals. What in heaven's name is going on.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 19:03   #462
BANNED

Quote:

Registered on 5th of July, according to Vahan
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 15:10   #463
BHPian

According to a report on Rushlane, Tata Motors is rolling out a new ECU and Infotainment system update on Harrier that is aimed to improve the NVH level of the car. This is supposedly the second round of software update the car is receiving. Owners can contact the service center and get their steed updated if it is available and share their experience. Cheers.

Regards,
Debrup

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/tata-harrie...-12323996.html
rupdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 16:25   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like TATA believes in “agile manufacturing” - Ship a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) as fast as you can and then incrementally add features and improve quality. While this works in Agile software development, TATA does not seem to realise that is not a workable approach for car manufacturing! When you are developing software, the customer is already signed on and will stay with you through the ride, but a car buyer expects a finished product and not an MVP after cutting a fat 20 lakh cheque.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 18:14   #465
Senior - BHPian

NVH was abnormally high in the first vehicle, not felt on the same engine in Compass or MG Hector. 2020 and 2021 models are to go for, if one likes the Harrier. Let them fix it. Wonder why it took so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupdeb View Post
Tata Motors is rolling out a new ECU and Infotainment system update on Harrier that is aimed to improve the NVH level of the car. This is supposedly the second round of software update the car is receiving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks