Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2019, 18:21   #481
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

After the Dark Edition Comes the PRO Edition

Tata-motors-launches-pro-editions-of-its-cars

Gets
Automatic Sunroof, Sunshades, Front Parking Sensor, Mobile Holder Wireless, TPMS app based, Ambient mood lighting, Bonnet mascot, Humanity line chrome, Exhaust chrome

Tata Harrier : Official Review-71220320.jpg

for Rs. 1.1lac Additional*
Moto$apien is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 18:40   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
After the Dark Edition Comes the PRO Edition

Tata-motors-launches-pro-editions-of-its-cars

Gets Automatic Sunroof

Attachment 1916498

for Rs. 1.1lac Additional*
The sunroof wood be the same unit from webasto, I guess.
Old 21st September 2019, 22:13   #483
Senior - BHPian

Sat in Harrier today as I took my (nuclear) family to a mall for shopping.

It was white one with black roof & (matte) silver alloys (I hate to say that I didn't like the shade & size of the wheels).
I am generally reluctant to go for window shopping, but couldn't stop myself when saw the wide smile on wife's face as she had close encounter with the beast. As I was examining the exteriors she jumped into the rear seat & confirmed/ approved the interiors which were as big as the Safari (sister's). She's is more interested in 5-seater big & brawny vehicle than 7-8 seater ones.

I, instead of trying the driver's seat, checked out the boot first, & felt it was again larger than than 450 litres that company claims. She too felt the same. The interiors were polished & appeared to be at par if not better than Hyundai i20 that we own (aport from my daily steed Aspire).

Then I hopped (not that high) into the driver's seat & felt that the brown seats & faux wood dash is as tasteful as it seems. The space was good for my five & half feet frame, yet the car felt cosy to me (hiding dimensions?!). The steering was size smaller than what I expected. The handbrake didn't creak when I tried to disengage it (felt sturdy). The manual IVRM isn't my cup of tea as I have been using auto-dimming IVRM with 3.2" (I think that's the size) display in my Aspire.
But the icing on the was the view from driver's seat as the bonnet is visible to the edge.

The SA was eager to take my feedback & convert to booking if possible, but I politely declined him as after 100 horses on Aspire 170 steed on Harrier would be preferable to me (though 140 ps is good for most IMO). He confirmed that more powerful variant will be launched in Feb-20 along with the automatic & Cassini.
Personally for me it's would be a difficult call for me in couple of years as I would prefer Creta/ Seltos sized vehicle than this one, but home ministry favours this one.

On a parting note the huge dimensions of Harrier remind me of villain's (Chinese?!) beefy sidekick against fit & fab hero of Indian movies. The diminutive hero beats the huge sidekick first then the villain & walks away with the booty.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd September 2019 at 09:52. Reason: typo
CARDEEP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:08   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this all black Harrier. This is a head-turner for sure. When it stopped at the signal, almost everyone was staring at it.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190922-12.30.27-pm.jpeg
arun_josie is online now   (43) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 09:46   #485
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Remember the huge Jeep Compass billboard on the Mumbai-Pune expressway? Well, here's Tata's response. So big that you simply can't miss it. You'll see the Harrier's billboard on the way to Mumbai (Compass shows on the way to Pune):
Tata Harrier : Official Review-annotation-20190923-094557.jpg
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 09:53   #486
BHPian

Wow! Simply Badaas!.

Easily the best looking SUV in India at the moment and no need to add 'IMO' here. If this is not a runaway success in the next few years, then people in TATA need to shave their heads !.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:03   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Spotted this all black Harrier. This is a head-turner for sure. When it stopped at the signal, almost everyone was staring at it.
Aint that a brutal thing! Really looks menacing. Always reminds me of Weapons Officer IronHide from the Transformers . A really well executed variant we have to say.

While looking at this one, I just realized (rather late!) that true to its LandRover Discovery underpinnings - this chassis has the fuel lid and tank plumbing in an LHD oriented setup. Fuel filler on the RHS of the car. Probably thats a first Tata car in such setup! Those who have used Asian RHD cars for long time will be a bit clumsy for first 10 fills after switching to Harrier.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:21   #488
BHPian

Are there remaps available to up the tune to 170bhp like the Hector or Compass? Or, is the turbo much smaller than the other 2 for this difference?
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:42   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Are there remaps available to up the tune to 170bhp like the Hector or Compass? Or, is the turbo much smaller than the other 2 for this difference?
AFAIK the turbo on both the Compass/Hector and the Harrier is the same. The only difference is in ECU tuning. So with BS6 we will have the same tuning on all the three SUVs sharing the 2.0 multijet as far as power and torque figures are concerned.
ram87pune is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:55   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Was wondering about the same thing - of using a remap or a tuning box to bump up the power.
One reason why Tata may not have unleashed full power is maybe the power train did not support 170bhps at launch. So while they fix those issues, it is still out on sale.

Proper Agile way of thinking.
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:47   #491
Senior - BHPian

Another owner reached out to me this week regarding the same infotainment issue I posted previous page. Asked him to make some videos for proof and he uploaded these.

Same issues as the previous owner. Claims manufacturer has replaced his unit once and problem persists. Car is 4 months old now:

XM model:

Nithesh_M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 23:58   #492
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

What an eye catching color and look # excellently done.

Got one more image from TML FB page
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-fb_img_1569435753546.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 08:11   #493
BHPian

I have booked Harrier XZ trim which should be delivered in few days. As a part of Tata Genuine accessories I plan to get the Side step installed. Just wanted to check if the side step would foul with the Airbag sensors in case of side impact. Although the side step is a Tata accessory, I’m not sure if such a thought process has gone into designing of the accessory.

Further the front parking sensors are also available as one of the accessories. The Sales Advisor has no clue on the scenarios in which it functions and how is that integrated with the factory fitted ICE and park assist system. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting these accessories installed.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:39   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
...As a part of Tata Genuine accessories I plan to get the Side step installed. Just wanted to check if the side step would foul with the Airbag sensors in case of side impact. .

Further the front parking sensors are also available as one of the accessories. The Sales Advisor has no clue on the scenarios in which it functions and how is that integrated with the factory fitted ICE and park assist system. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting these accessories installed.
Think whether you really need the side step. Getting in and alighting from Harrier is not very difficult except for senior citizens and very small kids.
On front parking sensors, it is very unlikely that they will connect the front parking sensor to the infotainment system. I wanted to install a rear camera and integrate with the infotainment system, but they said it cannot be done. Rear parking sensors are anyway connected to the infotainment system.

I took delivery of the XM variant last week, BTW. So far so good, 160 kms on the odo.

Last edited by igniteddriver : 26th September 2019 at 11:43.
igniteddriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 11:51   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteddriver View Post
Think whether you really need the side step. Getting in and alighting from Harrier is not very difficult except for senior citizens and very small kids.
On front parking sensors, it is very unlikely that they will connect the front parking sensor to the infotainment system. I wanted to install a rear camera and integrate with the infotainment system, but they said it cannot be done. Rear parking sensors are anyway connected to the infotainment system.

I took delivery of the XM variant last week, BTW. So far so good, 160 kms on the odo.
Congratulations and drive safe. Wishing you a happy and hassle-free ownership experience. Do keep us posted.

With regards to the side step, the rear seats would be frequently used by elderly, hence its good to have in my case.

Regarding Front Parking sensors, not really sure if I would require them. This is also being bundled in the recently launched "Pro" package. Was looking for getting those since I'm upgrading from Swift and for me its a huge difference in the vehicle dimensions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks