Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-34.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 4665059)
Congratulations and drive safe. Wishing you a happy and hassle-free ownership experience. Do keep us posted.

Was looking for getting those since I'm upgrading from Swift and for me its a huge difference in the vehicle dimensions.

Thank you! :)
I upgraded from Punto, so front visibility is not a problem at all, as I can't see anything apart from the wiper blades from Punto and also Punto has a longer nose. From the Harrier, front visibility is great, you can see till the end of the bonnet. Yes you need to get used to the width of the car, especially in traffic and while overtaking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 4664895)
I have booked Harrier XZ trim which should be delivered in few days. As a part of Tata Genuine accessories I plan to get the Side step installed. Just wanted to check if the side step would foul with the Airbag sensors in case of side impact. Although the side step is a Tata accessory, I’m not sure if such a thought process has gone into designing of the accessory.

Hi, I think the side step would not come in way of the Airbag sensors given that it is attached to the chassis and it is flush with the vehicle's outline (i.e there is nothing jutting out of the vehicle's frames unlike after market fitments for other SUVs).I have it fitted on my Harrier and even though I am almost 6 feet tall, it makes entry and exit much easier and comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhukriss (Post 4665259)
Hi, I think the side step would not come in way of the Airbag sensors given that it is attached to the chassis and it is flush with the vehicle's outline (i.e there is nothing jutting out of the vehicle's frames unlike after market fitments for other SUVs).I have it fitted on my Harrier and even though I am almost 6 feet tall, it makes entry and exit much easier and comfortable.

Does it interferes with the Jacking Points. The jacking points as given in the Harrier user manual are as below:

Tata Harrier : Official Review-jacking-point.jpg

Kerala's 1st Tata Harrier Dark Edition.

Pic by : Ryan

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190927061537_harrierpanoramicsunroof.jpg

Autocar says Harrier to soon get panoramic sunroof and Buzzard/Cassini style diamond cut alloys in a new top end XZ+ variant!

Read here: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...f-spied-414298

Although, it's a great move by Tata but me thinks that for the extra goodies the carmaker will charge AT LEAST Rs. 1 lakh extra (going by the rate of their aftermarket normal-sized sunroof being fitted at dealerships) on top of the existing top-end XZ variant which retails at around Rs. 20.50 lakh (on-road Delhi/NCR). Add to that the additional cost of BS 6 conversion and the new XZ+ variant after April 2020 would cost around a whopping Rs. 23-24 lakh (on-road Delhi/NCR)! Is that VFM proposition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain.torque (Post 4665937)
Autocar says Harrier to soon get panoramic sunroof and Buzzard/Cassini style diamond cut alloys in a new top end XZ+ variant!

Finally! This should have been the top-end variant from launch! Looks like they are finally awake after a knock on the head from MG. clap:

Harrier Dark edition + Panoramic sunroof = :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain.torque (Post 4665937)
Add to that the additional cost of BS 6 conversion and the new XZ+ variant after April 2020 would cost around a whopping Rs. 23-24 lakh (on-road Delhi/NCR)! Is that VFM proposition?

Hector would still beat it as they already almost match Harrier in pricing. But - it is still a much cheaper option compared to the Jeep Compass Limited Plus.

Latest spy images suggest that the Tata Harrier might get a new top-spec variant. The SUV has a panoramic sunroof and is also fitted with new dual-tone alloy wheels.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-har2.jpg

Reports suggest that the new variant could be called XZ+ and is likely to be positioned above the XZ trim. The Harrier is also available in a dual-tone exterior. However, this particular test car is the single-tone version.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-har1.jpg

The new variant of the Harrier is expected to be powered by the same 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 138 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 350 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. It is likely to be paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Tata seems content only moving XZ variant at a time when Hector and Seltos are eating up the pie chart. I do not understand why they seem to not realize that there are potential customers to be had if the other 3 variants weren't so bare bone naked in terms of features. When the new Creta arrives and also potentially undercuts the Harrier like the other rivals maybe Tata will wake up and decide to do something about their XZ focused tunnel vision.

Edit: I'm guessing the 2020 model will offer Dual tone colors on this XZ+ variant and they'll demand 30k more and call it XZ+ DT. Sigh!

I like the panoramic sunroof idea - that seems to be the flavor of the season, especially with Hector and Compass rolling them in. Irrespective of the concerns people have with it, I personally believe it adds a sense of freshness in cabin and kids love it !!

It is good to see TATA trying to keep the vehicles updated. Hopefully, all the learnings from this are used on the Buzzard to be a killer product. They will have there work cut out with the 6 seater Hector and new XUV 500 in fray for the same market.

It will all boil down to packaging ,space and utility, Hexa did it am hoping they get it right with buzzard as well. Sufficient legroom in middle and last row, along with space to carry decent weekend luggage should do the trick, add adequate power, latest tech and price it right.

I know it's easier said than done :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLANTE (Post 4665898)
Kerala's 1st Tata Harrier Dark Edition.

Pic by : Ryan

What a handsome car!

If there was ever a prominent Indian spy action hero, like James Bond of the west, we all know which car Indian filmmakers would use if they decided to go truly desi.

Step aside Scorpio, XUV 500. Rohit Shetty will no longer be needing your services. rl:rl:

The major chink in the Harrier armour is the absence of automatic. I visited the a Tata showroom today and the sales guy told me the auto gearbox is delayed and may be available only by April 2020 with BS6 engine. He said the auto was delayed probably due to the fact that the transmission is sourced from Hyundai and Hyundai wanted some breathing space for the KIA Seltos launch and delayed providing the gearbox to Tata.

If Harrier comes with auto box and panoramic sunroof as the XZA+ model, I would be the first to book it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkv_hunter (Post 4666360)
If Harrier comes with auto box and panoramic sunroof as the XZA+ model, I would be the first to book it.

Totally agree. Waiting and getting impatient waiting for it to be launched.

In the meanwhile, took a TD of the Hyundai Tuscon GL(O) Diesel automatic yesterday and absolutely loved it. It ticks all my must haves.
Negotiations in progress for booking it. If they are able to match my price, I will go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihrishi (Post 4666854)
In the meanwhile, took a TD of the Hyundai Tuscon GL(O) Diesel automatic yesterday and absolutely loved it. It ticks all my must haves.
Negotiations in progress for booking it. If they are able to match my price, I will go for it.

Cool! Do keep in mind that the Tucson on sale here is due for a facelift since a while now. Its expected to get a facelift within a couple of months or so. The facelift is expected to bring a truck load of exterior as well as cabin changes & won't be just sticker jobs. Make sure you are okay to have a newer car on sale immediately after you get yours', before handing over the cheque.

I don't want to be Johny Raincloud of course. But you seem pretty much locked on to Tucson now & just want to make sure you are fully aware before you take the plunge.
Link - ZigWheels news article

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkv_hunter (Post 4666360)
The major chink in the Harrier armour is the absence of automatic. I visited the a Tata showroom today and the sales guy told me the auto gearbox is delayed and may be available only by April 2020 with BS6 engine. He said the auto was delayed probably due to the fact that the transmission is sourced from Hyundai and Hyundai wanted some breathing space for the KIA Seltos launch and delayed providing the gearbox to Tata.

Please don't go by what dealers tell you. Their information is hardly ever authentic.

The last part about Hyundai needing breathing space due to the Kia launch is laughable since the auto industry doesn't work this way. Hyundai is a supplier here and there are clear timelines that are agreed upon.

The auto should launch with BS6 which should be around Jan 2020, since most OEM's are stopping BS4 production by Dec. / Jan. given that March end is the sale cut off and not production for BS4 vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4666239)
Latest spy images suggest that the Tata Harrier might get a new top-spec variant. The SUV has a panoramic sunroof and is also fitted with new dual-tone alloy wheels.

Attachment 1918867

What exactly are they trying to hide by camouflaging the sunroof?! :uncontrol Did they think people are gonna go "Hmm, I wonder what this latest exciting new rectangle on the roof is?" :Frustrati