Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-42.html)

BS6 Tata Harrier Automatic variant spied, launching after Gravitas?

Tata Harrier : Official Review-tatabs6harrierautomatictesting2.jpg

Link

So yesterday and today we visited 2 different dealers inquiring for the Hexa.

I understand that we insisted on the Hexa on initial introductions, but not a single salesperson took the name of the Harrier. Not even a "Sir have you checked out the Harrier?" Let alone offering a test drive.

I never expected that the Harrier wouldn't even be name dropped once.

Either they aren't interested in selling cars/Harrier, or maybe the performance of the Harrier in the sales chart has demotivated them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROOPER (Post 4707790)
Either they aren't interested in selling cars/Harrier, or maybe the performance of the Harrier in the sales chart has demotivated them.

More possible reasons:

1. Hexa sales are so low, that they don't want to divert potential customers to Harrier.

2. Experience may have taught them that despite the publicity of Harrier and lack of it for Hexa, if a customer comes for Hexa, he can't be convinced away from it.

As per rushlane, Land Rover to use Tata Harrier platform – For new affordable SUV launch

Link https://www.rushlane.com/land-rover-...-12345657.html

Today on my way to office (Borivali to Powai) in Mumbai I counted 7 Harrier's on the road (WEH and JVLR) with colours ranging from Black, Calisto Gold & White. And surprise of all one of this was a yellow Plate. Not a rental self drive as it did not have any branding.

Good and heartwarming to see Harrier gaining acceptance.

Regards
Dieseltuned

KHT Motors has sent out a promotional SMS claiming the highest ever discount of Rs 1.5 lakhs on the Harrier and Hexa. The number to contact is 7375913159. Hope this helps potential buyers.

Does Tata use a different type of light for the DRLs? They sort of look aftermarket add ons rather than OEM DRLs to me, unlike most other cars both cheaper and costlier than the Harrier. Or am I missing something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4711430)
Does Tata use a different type of light for the DRLs? They sort of look aftermarket add ons rather than OEM DRLs to me, unlike most other cars both cheaper and costlier than the Harrier. Or am I missing something?

Harrier has one of the best looking DRL setup in the segment. Having said that only the top two variants has LED setup and the lower ones have the bulb type DRLs which looks slightly yellowish in color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 4711468)
.. and the lower ones have the bulb type DRLs which looks slightly yellowish in color.

DRLs come only in the top two variants- XZ and XT, not in all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4711430)

It is in fact other way round, have seen people modifying their car to get DRL like that of Harrier:

Hyundai Venue Modified with New LED DRLs & Floating Indicators like Tata Harrier

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutsy (Post 4711554)
It is in fact other way round, have seen people modifying their car to get DRL like that of Harrier

I didn't mean to suggest they look ugly. In terms of styling, Harrier surpasses a lot of cars. What I am noticing is that the DRLs on the Harrier look a tad less bright with a bluish tinge when compared to other cars which appear more bright and homogenous in intensity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4711592)
I didn't mean to suggest they look ugly. In terms of styling, Harrier surpasses a lot of cars. What I am noticing is that the DRLs on the Harrier look a tad less bright with a bluish tinge when compared to other cars that appear more bright and homogenous in intensity.

Those might in all probability be Harriers up to XM trims that have been modified by users.
Up to XM, Harrier comes with halogen bulbs in the DRL strip (yellow) which are field replaceable. So owners buy LEDs (AliExpress' blessings) and replace the stock bulbs. Those certainly look better than the halogens but have the characteristics you mentioned. Lower intensity & bluish tinge.

Top trim Harriers come with stock LED DRLs that really stand out. TML should urgently make these standard from the base variant. Especially since even a KWID now gets them as standard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4711592)
I didn't mean to suggest they look ugly. In terms of styling, Harrier surpasses a lot of cars. What I am noticing is that the DRLs on the Harrier look a tad less bright with a bluish tinge when compared to other cars which appear more bright and homogenous in intensity.

:OT
I prefer the DRLs on the Harrier. The DRLs on other cars do look good but become a menace as dusk sets in (or in a cloudy weather). I feel they turn out to be too bright for the oncoming traffic for such conditions.

As discussed in other threads many don't even even bother to switch on headlamps in such conditions (as switching on headlamps dims or switches off the DRLs automatically).

I own a Tata Harrier XZ Dual tone for ast 4months

I think on product side Tata got all the boxes ticked with Harrier; Amazing look, dominant road presence & swift performance. What it lacks is Automatic variant? And in my opinion this white spot has led to the falling sales figures.

My feedback on product:
- Performance: 5/5, Quick, swift and powerful; It treads on any kind of road with ease and grace. Handling at high speed (~165 kmph) is praise worthy; As soon as Sports mode is on, it calls for pressing the pedal and as driver I never felt loosing control even in turns. Brakes come to action very fast and effective. Put it on a bad road and you can feel the suspension eating up most of the shock; Steering is perfect, never let me have the feeling of loosing control.
- Looks: 5/5; No words to describe; It outshines Hector by miles & Seltos looks like a puny.
- Ergonomics: 3/5; Needs to improve; In cabin noise is higher than Compass or even Hexa. Finding a best seating position is difficult. I had to struggle to find a best position to drive; Either too far for clutch, or left leg is touching the dashboard or too low for visibility. Moreover side ORVM's are too big to obstruct views on right side.

Now coming to the pain points: Tata needs to revamp sales, after sales & service quality to a huge extend. Coming from Maruti legacy, I found it pathetic; Shabby showrooms, missed commitments & bad workmanship, it can become an example of " what could be the worst".

My recommendation:
- Introduce Auto variant as quickly as possible, should come along with BS6 migration.
- Introduce smaller side OVRM's as field kit at factory cost; Right mirror can becomea cause of fatal accident in hill terrains. Need this fix quickly.
- Please please do something about you Service & After sales support. Send all the executives to Maruti for training or whaetever. If this is not improved, best products will yield no results.

Benefits of up to 1.4 lakh on the Harrier -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJA4GYiYZXQ