Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 19:22   #706
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk007 View Post
Hey condor, thanks for the good wishes and the explanation. On a recent trip to Vijayawada, I tried using it. I increased my speed to about 80 and pressed the Cruise Control button. The corresponding symbol luminated on the MID as well. However, as soon as I took my foot off the accelerator, the speed started to drop. So, I disengaged it and continued driving in normal mode. Maybe I did something wrong. In my defence, I have never used Cruise Control. I will ask the showroom engineer to show me how to use it.
In most cars it is a two step process. First you enable cruise control model by pressing that button. Then you have to SET to engage. Same way you have to RESET to disengage. In my Honda City there are three buttons. Cruise control. Set, res. Please check if my statement is right. Of all cars i have driven most of them confuse the user except mustang. They got the best steering wheel and easiest cruise control that comes naturally. All other cars have some learning curve.
irdevanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 19:30   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk007 View Post
Maybe I did something wrong. In my defence, I have never used Cruise Control. I will ask the showroom engineer to show me how to use it.
After switching on cruise control a corresponding symbol appears on the dash as you have already experienced, after that whatever speed you want to set you should accelerate to that and press the + button circled in red and then it will activate on its own
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20200110_192714.jpg  

trinity0114 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 01:46   #708
BHPian

thank you mate! Will definitely try it out over the weekend!

You're right - I haven't. I was driving a 2009 Honda City for the past decade lol. It was a simpler car built in simpler times. Todays cars have so many buttons that it takes a little getting used to. I must say - I love the hill hold feature, especially the part that it automatically activates. Its a real help in Hyd traffic especially if you go to a mall for parking haha.

trinity0114 did share a picture and some instructions on how to use Cruise Control. I will try and upload a pic of the owners manual over the weekend!

Thank you for the encouragement!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th January 2020 at 02:29. Reason: Merged back to back posts as per forum rule
vk007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 10:20   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata seems to have a cost effective Auto solution for the Harrier with the Hyundai sourced 6-speed. However, my research shows that this Powertech 6F24 transmission is available in different versions depending on engine size, with increasing torque capacity. The transmission finds the most applications in petrol engines with a typical torque limit of 280NM guise (A6MF1) although larger variants are available to handle up to 400 NM. I believe the Seltos Diesel Auto, with a torque limit of 250NM, uses the 280NM variant of 6F24.

I have a sinking feeling that Tata will pick this lower gearbox variant due to cost considerations and de-tune the Fiat engine (that has the ability to make up to 350 NM) and force it to make no more than 280NM. This will allow them to pair the engine with the same Hyundai auto box version used in the Seltos - and therefore probably the most easily available and serviceable 6F24 version available in India already. Tata has already demonstrated their urge to detune engines with a “this is more than enough for Indian consumers” attitude - look at what they did to the peak hp of the Harrier engine (Detuned to 140hp instead of 173 hp in Compass and Hector).

https://www.atsg.us/atsg/blog/a6speedfromkorea/
84.monsoon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 11:39   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I have a sinking feeling that Tata will pick this lower gearbox variant due to cost considerations and de-tune the Fiat engine (that has the ability to make up to 350 NM) and force it to make no more than 280NM. This will allow them to pair the engine with the same Hyundai auto box version used in the Seltos - and therefore probably the most easily available and serviceable 6F24 version available in India already.
What about the auto box currently used in Tucson ? Tata may not detune the engine further. Already there will be some performance loss since it is TC. So if they reduce the torque also, it will definitely invite bad reviews. Tata cannot afford to make one more mistake with Harrier
NICHE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:49   #711
BHPian

Hello people - Got the Harrier XT home last week and am enjoying the attention it has been getting from everyone. However there is a small irritant which has been bugging me. The infotainment isn't behaving well with the bluetooth pairing with my Iphone Xs. The Harman guys said there is a software update coming next month for better compatibility with IoS 13 and above. I am also unable to delete the already paired devices, even after factory resets. Infact factory reset doesn't delete the already paired devices either, which I find a bit strange, as it resets the radio and other settings. Apple carplay works fine, but hangs on the screen at times - but works fine with the navigation knob. Has anyone been facing similar issues?
Ameya_G is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 08:40   #712
BANNED

White color Harrier is dope even with the stock alloy wheels, actually the alloys are looking good here.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-fb_img_1578971116183.jpg

Image Source
wheelguy is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 09:18   #713
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya_G View Post
Hello people - Got the Harrier XT home last week and am enjoying the attention it has been getting from everyone. However there is a small irritant which has been bugging me.
Congratulations buddy. Share the pictures and hopefully the initial impressions too.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 15:50   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya_G View Post
Hello people - Got the Harrier XT home last week and am enjoying the attention it has been getting from everyone. However there is a small irritant which has been bugging me. Apple carplay works fine, but hangs on the screen at times - but works fine with the navigation knob. Has anyone been facing similar issues?
Congratulations! Which color did you choose? Regarding your Bluetooth pairing issues, I didn't face any problem with my Galaxy Note 10+. Have you tried using another iPhone?

Last edited by Sheel : 15th January 2020 at 15:56. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
vk007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 18:05   #715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
White color Harrier is dope even with the stock alloy wheels, actually the alloys are looking good here.
I agree. But one look at the black edition makes you forget everything. It looks so wicked.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 23:32   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post

Image Source
Alloys are not stock - or maybe they've been repainted to appear dual spoke
Old 17th January 2020, 12:13   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Alloys are not stock - or maybe they've been repainted to appear dual spoke
Hi, these are indeed the stock alloy wheels. Its probably the lighting and the angle that is making you feel that these are repainted dual spoke alloys.
madhukriss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 21:31   #718
Senior - BHPian

Off-topic with no particular information value. But something for the Tata fanboys like me to watch and get goosebumps about. Being Harrier is tough.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 17th January 2020 at 21:36.
padmrajravi is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 22:09   #719
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. Entry of Sierra at 36 seconds is awesome. Lost opportunity for Tata. They could not capitalize much on Sierra and Safari brands. Please bring a mass market people mover to replace Sumo (with rugged design and 5* safety rating).
Latheesh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 12:08   #720
Senior - BHPian

Sierra could have been a better name for the Gravitas since the rear quarter panel seems to look like the alpine window on the Sierra only smaller. The metal name badge at the back of the car could save some money aswell considering the reduced alphabets in use.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed