Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-49.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nithesh_M (Post 4733463)
The metal name badge at the back of the car could save some money aswell considering the reduced alphabets in use.

That would be an extreme case of value engineering :) These are mostly plastic parts with chrome plating, so not much they can save.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vk007 (Post 4731705)
Congratulations! Which color did you choose? Regarding your Bluetooth pairing issues, I didn't face any problem with my Galaxy Note 10+. Have you tried using another iPhone?

Hi Thankyou so much for your wishes - Chose the white color. I somehow don't like any other colors for cars. stupid:

The infotainment software is indeed not optimised for IOS 13 - will wait for it to get updated. Meanwhile playing music through Apple carplay and the audio quality is brilliant.

Haven't driven it much as I got it on the 9th and have been in Delhi for Elecrama2020. Once this madness ends, I am planning a drive to Dharwad in early February. Cant wait to hit the road. :)

Awesome! I picked up the Orcus White Dual Tone. I agree with the audio quality bit. A piece of advice - take some time and fiddle around with the infotainment system. It has a lot of information and options.

I just did a drive to Vijayawada from Hyd. It was a wonderful experience. Looking forward to reading your travelogue!

I had spotted Blacked Mumbai Police Tata Harrier in Mumbai couple of times, but this time got a proper shot. This police vehicle looks mean with the police blinkers running. Looked like a XE or XM as it had no Alloys.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-capture.png

Tata Harrier BS6 prices to be higher by about Rs 1 lakh
Quote:

With BS6 deadline getting closer, Tata Motors is getting ready to update the existing Harrier BS4 to BS6 norms. Updated Harrier will get larger alloys, panoramic sunroof.

Currently, Harrier is only offered with a 2 liter diesel BS4 engine, sourced from FCA India. This engine on the Harrier delivers about 140 hp. In BS6 guise, this engine will deliver 170 hp, in both manual as well as auto transmission.

This increase in power, BS6 update, new features, etc will result in the prices of the Harrier BS6 to be increased in the region of Rs 1 lakh. And even higher in cases of top variant and with automatic transmission. Currently, Tata Harrier BS4 prices start from Rs 13.4 lakhs and goes all the way to Rs 17.37 lakhs for top variant, ex-sh.

Though it will not come with petrol engine, it will come with missing features like 18 inch dual tone alloys, panoramic electric sunroof, etc. It will also get the automatic transmission. Spy images are credit to automotive enthusiast Siddharth Patil.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-tataharrierbs6pricesleak1.jpg
Tata Harrier BS6 with panoramic sunroof.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-tataharrierbs6pricesleak3.jpg
Tata Harrier BS6 get 18 inch alloys.

Great, thats what the Harrier needed to succeed, a 1L price rise.

Such a nice looking new launch is already struggling for sales.

Despite all proposed improvements it can't compete with MG and Kia even at the current price point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMT (Post 4734541)

Despite all proposed improvements it cant compete with M G and Kia even at the current price point.

I actually think this is a good move from Tata. Seltos or even MG doesn't have the same road presence as the Harrier. All they were missing was a good automatic and few missing features. Hopefully with the BS6 launch they will solve some of the niggles around driving dynamics too.

With new 170 HP engine, a good automatic, added features and sheer size, Harrier would be a car which is a segment above Seltos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 (Post 4734519)
I had spotted Blacked Mumbai Police Tata Harrier in Mumbai couple of times, but this time got a proper shot. This police vehicle looks mean with the police blinkers running. Looked like a XE or XM as it had no Alloys.

Attachment 1958807

That looks straight out of a GTA Game. The police car which comes @ 4 stars.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 (Post 4734519)
I had spotted Blacked Mumbai Police Tata Harrier in Mumbai couple of times, but this time got a proper shot.

wow ! Mumbai police's got class ! Wonder if it is for the top-cops. But yes, looks smashing in black with the roof-top blinkers. Thanks for the pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelguy (Post 4734531)
Tata Harrier BS6 prices to be higher by about Rs 1

While all of this is speculation, if it is true that the price will increase by 1 lakh over and above the Jan 2020 increase of about 46k, This will place the Harrier Automatic BS6 top end in the price range of 19-19.5 lakhs ex showroom (1 lakh for BS6 and 0.7-1 lakh for Auto increase on XZ price) and about 23-24 lakhs OTR depending on state.

Kia Seltos diesel HTX+ is at 16.35 lakhs. New Creta will be in the same range.

While Harrier is a class above these in terms of size and road presence, will be difficult for the Harrier to compete.

Gravitas if at a premium of 1.5 lakh would be at 20.5-21 lakh would do much better as it will be in a class of its own with Toyota Innova ZX priced even higher with previous generation features and XUV 500 still some time away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMT (Post 4734541)

Despite all proposed improvements it cant compete with M G and Kia even at the current price point.

12.69 to 14.5 lakh rupees assuming this news is true. That's nearly a 2 lakh rupee hike since its year old launch. Kia/MG were smart to target customers from the compact suv segment this side of 12 lakhs and the full size suv the other side of 20 lakhs.
Tata only focused on the one end of the scale as can be seen by the lack of updates to the XE/XM variants while rivals minted money.

With nearly 2 lakh rupees bump this is going to push Harrier top end into 25 lakhs (its already over 21 lakhs now) OTR in states like Karnataka.

If Hyundai and Mahindra play it smart with the new Creta/XUV pricing then there will be very little opportunity for the struggling Harrier to make its case.

This also means that the top end Gravitas will hop over 27 lakhs OTR.

:Frustrati

I am getting a deal at 17.15 lacs on road for 2019 manufactured xz variant. Should I go for this or should I go for the 2020 BS4 variant which is costing me 18.10 lacs on road?

OR should I wait for BS6 tata harrier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilsoft (Post 4734965)
I am getting a deal at 17.15 lacs on road for 2019 manufactured xz variant. Should I go for this or should I go for the 2020 BS4 variant which is costing me 18.10 lacs on road?

OR should I wait for BS6 tata harrier.

It is a great deal in a 2019 car, however make sure it is manufactured after July. A number of niggles were fixed in cars from later months.

Unless you are keen on an Automatic, I don’t think the BSVI cars will be worth the premium - due to annual price increase, BSVI price increase and loss of BSIV discounts, you are looking at an increase of 3-4 lakhs on road and I don’t believe the changes are worth that much.

I don't understand the comparison to the MG or Kia. The Harrier has a far superior chassis, the suspension is better tuned and the drive experience is better in real world conditions.
Even with the price increase, there is no workhorse competition for the Harrier south of 35 Lakhs OTR BLR. I have a lot of hopes riding on this launch. When is the Diesel AT due? This will likely be my next car, one for which I've been waiting a long time.

In the launch of Tata Altroz video.
Tata Harrier is seen with new color and Panaromic Sunroof.looks awesome in Red.