Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-50.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilsoft (Post 4734965)
OR should I wait for BS6 tata harrier.

Reserve the first one, and wait for couple of days while we get details of the features available on the 2020 BS6 version. If you are taking the BS4, then the 2019 should be fine - as long as it is from later part of 2019 with the updated audio firmware.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imp! (Post 4735071)
I don't understand the comparison to the MG or Kia. The Harrier has a far superior chassis, the suspension is better tuned and the drive experience is better in real world conditions.

Not 100% correct its chassis although from Land Rover was orignally from Ford "If I am not wrong" and then it was Indianised. What all was subtracted or added one would not know.

The new red color that was showcased in the tata altroz event was looking amazing. I am going drop the plan to buy BS4 Harrier instead I'll wait for this Red Color and it's coming with a panoramic sunroof as well. Maybe a bump in power to 170 bhp is also on the cards.

Any guess how much price increment we are looking at due to the coming facelift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilsoft (Post 4736257)
The new red color that was showcased in the tata altroz event was looking amazing. I am going drop the plan to buy BS4 Harrier instead I'll wait for this Red Color and it's coming with a panoramic sunroof as well. Maybe a bump in power to 170 bhp is also on the cards.

Any guess how much price increment we are looking at due to the coming facelift?

I think for the manual top end BS6 difference will be about 1-1.5 lakhs and 2-2.5 lakhs for the automatic. Also add the 1 lakh discount on current model on these figures for comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brishti (Post 4736225)
Not 100% correct its chassis although from Land Rover was orignally from Ford "If I am not wrong" and then it was Indianised. What all was subtracted or added one would not know.

AFAIK, the Chassis is based on a new modular platform created by JLR. The JLR one is Aluminium while the Tata version is a modified steel frame. I am not entirely sure if it is completely new or based on the Ford chassis. I'll go with the former, but it has been many years since I read about it and I seem to have forgotten. In either case, yes, the chassis is better, the car feels better planted on the road and the drive experience is more Euro like. The MG and Kia are great for grocery runs, city commute on decent roads. If you are talking about putting on 20-30K Km all over the country side on broken roads, they are not the car for you. If you are an enthusiast, I suspect that both the MG and Kia would leave one wanting. Atleast they did for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 4736171)
In the launch of Tata Altroz video.
Tata Harrier is seen with new color and Panaromic Sunroof.looks awesome in Red.

I just can't get enough of the Red Harrier. It looks so beautiful and exactly what I have been waiting for. The next few days are going to be difficult, waiting for the bookings to open.
:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihrishi (Post 4737111)
I just can't get enough of the Red Harrier. It looks so beautiful and exactly what I have been waiting for. The next few days are going to be difficult, waiting for the bookings to open.

Yes, it does look truly dashing. I really wonder why they did not launch it in red from day 1. Could have been the launch color, instead of the orange. With superior paint quality in general compared to the likes of Seltos and Hector (comparable to the Jeep Compass), this should look really amazing. Hopefully the provide disk brakes at the rear for the auto version and price it no more than 19.99 ex-showroom for top end Auto.

I guess This is going to be a new trim getting new features and visual enhancements( read- chrome) sitting above the current 'xz', just like the nexon got the xz+(o).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihrishi (Post 4737111)
The next few days are going to be difficult, waiting for the bookings to open.

Any idea when the bookings are openings and deliveries commencing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 4737127)
Yes, it does look truly dashing. I really wonder why they did not launch it in red from day 1. Could have been the launch color, instead of the orange. With superior paint quality in general compared to the likes of Seltos and Hector (comparable to the Jeep Compass), this should look really amazing. Hopefully the provide disk brakes at the rear for the auto version and price it no more than 19.99 ex-showroom for top end Auto.

I optimistically hope between 18.5 to 19.5 ex showroom “introductory” pricing.

The red looks great. I also hope they have a black colour without the blacked out alloys and interiors.

I cancelled the Hector waiting for this one. Also let go of a deep discount deal on the Tucson. Hope Tata does not price it beyond reach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 4736171)
In the launch of Tata Altroz video.
Tata Harrier is seen with new color and Panaromic Sunroof.looks awesome in Red.

Now that looks truly sexy. This what it should've looked like since the beginning! Hopefully, for Tata, it's better late than never in this case :)

Slightly clearer pictures from Autocar

Tata Harrier : Official Review-imageresizer-16.jpeg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-imageresizer-17.jpeg

Looks absolutely smashing in red. Can't get enough of it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpideyBoy (Post 4738063)
Looks absolutely smashing in red. Can't get enough of it!!

True but why did they load it with chrome!!I hope those are accessories sold and not OE.

Found this truly heart touching video on YouTube. Just wish they’d included the other iterations of the Sumo, Safari and the Aria as well.

https://youtu.be/XxDmzgq0NMk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4738065)
True but why did they load it with chrome!!I hope those are accessories sold and not OE.

They look like accessories unless Tata thinks chrome is 'premium' going by Hector's trend. Fully red and black with no trace of chrome can only look absolutely ravishing.