Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:42   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
OR should I wait for BS6 tata harrier.
Reserve the first one, and wait for couple of days while we get details of the features available on the 2020 BS6 version. If you are taking the BS4, then the 2019 should be fine - as long as it is from later part of 2019 with the updated audio firmware.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:25   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I don't understand the comparison to the MG or Kia. The Harrier has a far superior chassis, the suspension is better tuned and the drive experience is better in real world conditions.
Not 100% correct its chassis although from Land Rover was orignally from Ford "If I am not wrong" and then it was Indianised. What all was subtracted or added one would not know.
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:43   #738
BHPian

The new red color that was showcased in the tata altroz event was looking amazing. I am going drop the plan to buy BS4 Harrier instead I'll wait for this Red Color and it's coming with a panoramic sunroof as well. Maybe a bump in power to 170 bhp is also on the cards.

Any guess how much price increment we are looking at due to the coming facelift?
sunilsoft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:19   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
The new red color that was showcased in the tata altroz event was looking amazing. I am going drop the plan to buy BS4 Harrier instead I'll wait for this Red Color and it's coming with a panoramic sunroof as well. Maybe a bump in power to 170 bhp is also on the cards.

Any guess how much price increment we are looking at due to the coming facelift?
I think for the manual top end BS6 difference will be about 1-1.5 lakhs and 2-2.5 lakhs for the automatic. Also add the 1 lakh discount on current model on these figures for comparison.
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:30   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Not 100% correct its chassis although from Land Rover was orignally from Ford "If I am not wrong" and then it was Indianised. What all was subtracted or added one would not know.
AFAIK, the Chassis is based on a new modular platform created by JLR. The JLR one is Aluminium while the Tata version is a modified steel frame. I am not entirely sure if it is completely new or based on the Ford chassis. I'll go with the former, but it has been many years since I read about it and I seem to have forgotten. In either case, yes, the chassis is better, the car feels better planted on the road and the drive experience is more Euro like. The MG and Kia are great for grocery runs, city commute on decent roads. If you are talking about putting on 20-30K Km all over the country side on broken roads, they are not the car for you. If you are an enthusiast, I suspect that both the MG and Kia would leave one wanting. Atleast they did for me.
imp! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 15:43   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
In the launch of Tata Altroz video.
Tata Harrier is seen with new color and Panaromic Sunroof.looks awesome in Red.
I just can't get enough of the Red Harrier. It looks so beautiful and exactly what I have been waiting for. The next few days are going to be difficult, waiting for the bookings to open.
ihrishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:01   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
I just can't get enough of the Red Harrier. It looks so beautiful and exactly what I have been waiting for. The next few days are going to be difficult, waiting for the bookings to open.
Yes, it does look truly dashing. I really wonder why they did not launch it in red from day 1. Could have been the launch color, instead of the orange. With superior paint quality in general compared to the likes of Seltos and Hector (comparable to the Jeep Compass), this should look really amazing. Hopefully the provide disk brakes at the rear for the auto version and price it no more than 19.99 ex-showroom for top end Auto.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:45   #743
BHPian

I guess This is going to be a new trim getting new features and visual enhancements( read- chrome) sitting above the current 'xz', just like the nexon got the xz+(o).
Skorp_Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 18:03   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
The next few days are going to be difficult, waiting for the bookings to open.
Any idea when the bookings are openings and deliveries commencing?
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 18:07   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes, it does look truly dashing. I really wonder why they did not launch it in red from day 1. Could have been the launch color, instead of the orange. With superior paint quality in general compared to the likes of Seltos and Hector (comparable to the Jeep Compass), this should look really amazing. Hopefully the provide disk brakes at the rear for the auto version and price it no more than 19.99 ex-showroom for top end Auto.
I optimistically hope between 18.5 to 19.5 ex showroom “introductory” pricing.

The red looks great. I also hope they have a black colour without the blacked out alloys and interiors.

I cancelled the Hector waiting for this one. Also let go of a deep discount deal on the Tucson. Hope Tata does not price it beyond reach.
rkv_hunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 18:53   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
In the launch of Tata Altroz video.
Tata Harrier is seen with new color and Panaromic Sunroof.looks awesome in Red.
Now that looks truly sexy. This what it should've looked like since the beginning! Hopefully, for Tata, it's better late than never in this case
sainyamk95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 22:43   #747
BHPian

Slightly clearer pictures from Autocar

Tata Harrier : Official Review-imageresizer-16.jpeg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-imageresizer-17.jpeg

Looks absolutely smashing in red. Can't get enough of it!!
SpideyBoy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 22:48   #748
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Looks absolutely smashing in red. Can't get enough of it!!
True but why did they load it with chrome!!I hope those are accessories sold and not OE.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 22:49   #749
BHPian

Found this truly heart touching video on YouTube. Just wish they’d included the other iterations of the Sumo, Safari and the Aria as well.

TheHelix0202 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 23:22   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
True but why did they load it with chrome!!I hope those are accessories sold and not OE.
They look like accessories unless Tata thinks chrome is 'premium' going by Hector's trend. Fully red and black with no trace of chrome can only look absolutely ravishing.
SpideyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed