Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2020, 17:03   #781
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

After test driving the Harrier, I felt steering to be very heavy in city ? Did anyone else feel the same ?

Last edited by carenthusiast : 29th January 2020 at 17:04. Reason: Typo
carenthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 22:45   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
After test driving the Harrier, I felt steering to be very heavy in city ? Did anyone else feel the same ?
"Heavy" is a very broad description & especially hard to understand without any relative reference. If you are comparing with a Seltos-Creta like car - yes the hydraulic unit in the much heavier Harrier is certainly heavy in city conditions. But its not something unbearable or what I'd call "very heavy". Its just in line with similarly designed and segment cars. At least thats my experience.

So either your expectation was a bit more aligned to EPS units OR that particular car you tested was ill-maintained & steering needed calibration.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 22:59   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So either your expectation was a bit more aligned to EPS units OR that particular car you tested was ill-maintained & steering needed calibration.
You are right, I was comparing it with the Seltos. I wanted to know if the steering is made lighter at city speeds by Tata with the July updates.
carenthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 11:09   #784
BHPian

Harrier cancellation issues

I dont know if this is the right thread to post this but here is my experience of cancelling Tata Harrier. 'Great Ethics' / 'Ethical' are some of the words general public and team bhp members often use to describe Tata but my experience in general has been very frustrating.
I was one of the first ones to book the Harrier when it opened for advanced booking on 15-Oct-18. Because the pricing wasn't out at that time, the booking amount was 100% refundable. After the pricing details came out, which wasn't too great for my liking and reading the initial impressions, I decided to cancel the booking and wait. This is when the ordeal started. I sent an e mail to Tata customer services requesting to cancel my booking to which I got a call from them and I was told the refund would come from the dealer. Although I had booked and paid through Tata's website, they had passed on the booking and amount to the local dealer. I then contacted the local dealer and requested them to cancel my advance booking. The local dealer kept ignoring my calls and messages until I got hold of Tata area manager for HP. The dealership only agreed to refund me Rs 28900 out of 30000 as they claimed they only got this amount from Tata. I again called up the Tata area manager who in turn advised me to get the 28900 that dealer is returning and assured he will get the remaining 1100 refunded in some time. It has been 1 year since this and the manager has stopped responding to my calls or messages. I even contacted Tata motors fb page and got the automated reply asking for my contact details but nothing came out of it. I kept getting messages from them that they have contacted the ground team and believe the matter has been closed. I being busy with work and other commitments could not pursue this any further and let it slip.
But every now and then whenever I come across a post on how ethical Tata as a company is, I feel I should share my experience. Tata as a company maybe hasn't done anything here but isn't it their responsibility to get customer's refund sorted specially if I have paid the deposit on company's website. And also the local dealer / Tata management is hand in hand and denying my full refund!
dhruv45in is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 11:30   #785
BHPian

Powered seats teased. I think it's a new top model like xz+ or xz(o)

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20200130_112759.jpg
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 13:53   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Powered seats teased. I think it's a new top model like xz+ or xz(o)

Attachment 1962637
As great as features such as this and a panoramic sunroof sound, I would really like Tata to put in an auto-dimming IRVM as that is an absolute necessity, especially in a 20L car. Was disappointed when they launched the Nexon EV without one. I mean, come on, even the Baleno gets one

Last edited by sainyamk95 : 30th January 2020 at 13:55.
sainyamk95 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 14:19   #787
Senior - BHPian

Here is the video teaser for powered seats
Latheesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 18:01   #788
Senior - BHPian

all these new features may push ex showroom price for the fully loaded AT beyond 20 L. I hope I'm proved wrong because I'm looking to replace my XUV 500 AT with the harrier AT, and an OTR of 21 ish is about the max I can afford.
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 18:24   #789
BHPian

Re: Harrier cancellation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
.....I feel I should share my experience. Tata as a company maybe hasn't done anything here but isn't it their responsibility to get customer's refund sorted specially if I have paid the deposit on company's website. And also the local dealer / Tata management is hand in hand and denying my full refund!
Excellent point made here! I guess most manufacturers resort to these practices including 2 wheeler makers. The 2 exceptions to this rule that I have seen are MG and Royal Enfield. I had booked a MG Hector online and later cancelled it but MG was simply awesome in handling the refund. They asked the dealer closest to my home to process the refund and even the dealership went beyond their call of duty by depositing the refund cheque in my bank within a couple of days. The experience with RE was also similar where the dealer refunded the amount immediately upon cancellation and in full.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th January 2020 at 23:54. Reason: Trimmed quote. Please do not quote full posts when responding.
eltoro is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 19:39   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Harrier cancellation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Excellent point made here! I guess most manufacturers resort to these practices including 2 wheeler makers. The 2 exceptions to this rule that I have seen are MG and Royal Enfield. I had booked a MG Hector online and later cancelled it but MG was simply awesome in handling the refund. They asked the dealer closest to my home to process the refund and even the dealership went beyond their call of duty by depositing the refund cheque in my bank within a couple of days. The experience with RE was also similar where the dealer refunded the amount immediately upon cancellation and in full.
I had the opposite experience with MG. The Chennai dealer made the refund after many weeks and then again deducted credit card fees and paid 3% less back. I had to escalate to MG and then it was resolved after a number or follow-ups. Kia on the other hand, refunded my Seltos booking in full within a reasonable time. Both were paid on credit card but refunded as a dealer cheque.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 22:35   #791
BANNED

To sum it up, along with BS6 update, Harrier also gets:

1. Panoramic sunroof

2. Electrically adjustable driver seat

3. Automatic transmission

4. New alloy wheels

5. Power bump of ~30bhp

6. New and smaller ORVMs

7. And a new color option

Unknowns:

1. Is it getting auto-dimming IRVMs or not. (Even Hector is not getting auto-dimming ORVMs!)

Turning out to be quite an interesting update. This makes Harrier a compelling package.
wheelguy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 23:06   #792
BHPian

A wholesome list of updates. I'm happy to see that real issues are addressed and it's not just a nip and tuck job.
Old 31st January 2020, 10:32   #793
BHPian

Now we know all the additions in the new version. What's unknown and the most important thing is price.

If the price increases by around a lakh, then onroad Bangalore cost will be around 23 lakhs which itself is high. It's a mental barrier, i think.

Now if the price including automatics is around 25, then, will it sell or let's say will people buy ? Why will someone not buy Innova in place of Harrier with a better social perception?

When anyone buys a car more than 25 lakhs, do you think value for money matters ?
turbo_delight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 11:08   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
Now we know all the additions in the new version. What's unknown and the most important thing is price.
That IMHO will be a big challenge. Given that Mahindra, Hyundai and MG at least have competitors expected this year a good strategy for Tata would be to price the Harrier in such a way that there is very little room for a pricing advantage that competitors can have. I feel that by pricing the current top end at a premium they have left themselves very little wiggle room. Any attempt to price this at a premium would have an impact on Gravitas pricing as well and they would have truly shot themselves in the foot.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 11:33   #795
BHPian

Completely agree to the above-mentioned points that tata motors have to be really careful about pricing. If they go with a too optimistic approach then this might result in another failure of the marketing team.
IMHO I would like them to price 20.75 lacs max for automatic top end and 18.99 lacs for the manual top end otherwise the competition would be ready to again deliver a knockout punch.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 31st January 2020 at 11:34. Reason: price correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks