Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2020, 11:48   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Next teaser - addition auto dimming IRVM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post

Unknowns:

1. Is it getting auto-dimming IRVMs or not. (Even Hector is not getting auto-dimming ORVMs!)
Looks like they covered everything, that is awesome.

Last edited by Latheesh : 31st January 2020 at 11:51.
Latheesh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 11:49   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
Now if the price including automatics is around 25, then, will it sell or let's say will people buy ? Why will someone not buy Innova in place of Harrier with a better social perception?
I anticipate the price of automatic in top end trim would cost around 24 Lakhs on road Bengaluru.

Yes, it should sell well as there are no other alternatives at present rivaling its size and road presence with the convenience of an automatic at a price close to the likes of Seltos or Creta.

Adding to wheelguy's comments, below are the confirmed features via ads:

1. Panoramic sunroof.

2. Electrically adjustable driver seat.

3. Automatic transmission.

4. 18 inch alloy wheels.

5. Power bump of ~30bhp.

6. New and smaller ORVMs.

7. A new red color option.

8. Auto IRVM.

Unconfirmed and anticipated feature:

- Rear Disk Brakes. I think Tata would include rear disk brakes with the BS6 version due to the power bump.

Last edited by carenthusiast : 31st January 2020 at 12:11.
carenthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:03   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post

1. Is it getting auto-dimming IRVMs or not. (Even Hector is not getting auto-dimming ORVMs!)
And your wish is fulfilled in the latest teaser.
thetank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:07   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Next teaser - addition auto dimming IRVM?
Screenshot from Instagram Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20200131_120451.jpg

Looks like this is the Harrier we were all waiting for and not the one we got last year!

Last edited by Sheel : 31st January 2020 at 16:57. Reason: Please avoid quoting video's URL in your quoted post.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:19   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
IMHO I would like them to price 20.75 lacs max for automatic top end and 18.99 lacs for the manual top end otherwise the competition would be ready to again deliver a knockout punch.
I would expect a 2L premium considering the additional features to be a fair deal. i.e., somewhere around 18L ex showroom for the Red Automatic top end with panaromic sunroof. 20.75L will take the on road price into prohibitive territory.
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:59   #801
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I feel they are following TBHP posts and posting accordingly. Why not as for an AWD as well when they are making all wishes come true like a Santa!

So can we have a 4WD or atleast a good AWD with a nice traction control please?

Would be a great all-rounder!

Next wish would be all this in a package which costs 20L+- on-road!
navpreet318 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 13:48   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
I would expect a 2L premium considering the additional features to be a fair deal. i.e., somewhere around 18L ex showroom for the Red Automatic top end with panaromic sunroof. 20.75L will take the on road price into prohibitive territory.
The automatic top end will most probably be at least 19.5 ex showroom given the BS6 hike + Auto cost + New features will at least be 2 lakhs on the current top end which is at 17.3.

Hope they play it smart like Mahindra XUV500 in distributing features and have a well loaded XTA as well at 17-18 L ex showroom.

Otherwise will have to hope for a positive surprise from the budget to boost some income to absorb the Harrier price rise.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 14:47   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post

Hope they play it smart like Mahindra XUV500 in distributing features and have a well loaded XTA as well at 17-18 L ex showroom.

Otherwise will have to hope for a positive surprise from the budget to boost some income to absorb the Harrier price rise.
Agreed, I am hoping for an XTA variant at that price, which as most features except the Pano Sunroof, 18 inch alloys, auto IRVM, driving/terrain modes, etc. It should still still have 6 airbags, auto transmission, rear disc brakes, hill hold control, push button start etc.

Even more aggressive would be an XMA at 15 lakhs ex-showroom that has the auto transmission, cruise control and disc brakes - that would be hugely popular.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 15:09   #804
BHPian

I desperately hope they have multiple options on the auto. An XZA, XTA and XMA. Maybe a version with all bells and whistles but without the sunroof. 6 airbags definitely.
Sunil2307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 15:30   #805
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil2307 View Post
I desperately hope they have multiple options on the auto. An XZA, XTA and XMA. Maybe a version with all bells and whistles but without the sunroof. 6 airbags definitely.
I wish they launch stripped down automatic variants and then give/add factory level customization options on Harrier like in Altroz.
wheelguy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 16:52   #806
BHPian

They are teasing one feature everyday. Assuming that they will launch this on 5th Feb, what are the 4 more features I wonder. Ventilated Seats next? Going by this tweet, it can be Air Purifier.

https://twitter.com/tatamotors/statu...913912320?s=12
rkv_hunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 17:04   #807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Going by this tweet, it can be Air Purifier.

https://twitter.com/tatamotors/statu...913912320?s=12
German upstart Sono Motors used a plant named Iceland moss as a natural air purifier in its car Sion, probably TML is referring to the same.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-car-has-dashboard-filled-dead-moss-clean-air.png
wheelguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 18:21   #808
BHPian

This is the Harrier we've all been waiting for. Awesome package it will be. Good auto + electric seats + power bump to 170ps + all the goodies like air purifier, auto dimming IRVM etc.

Hope the price is good. I don't expect them to price it dirt cheap like some others are expecting them to, they don't have to do that just because it's a Tata. Just price it reasonably well considering the threat of Hector and it'll sell.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st February 2020 at 10:16. Reason: Typos. Please capitalize first letters of names.
SaiSW is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 22:42   #809
BHPian

Really looking forward to this updated Harrier. I remember how the official review said that this would be a good car to buy in late 2020 or early 2021, I can see why now!

Hoping for customization packages like the Altroz so that you can get what you want at a decent price without having to go for the top most variant.
Tata has usually been good with their pricing, this launch is going to cause anxious meetings at Kia/MG!
Shreyas_H is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 00:37   #810
BHPian

I have a quick question regarding the current Harrier - has anybody used the lumbar support function? how exactly does it work?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st February 2020 at 04:19. Reason: Please do not use abbreviations and sms language. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks