Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 02:28   #961
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Walk around Vidoes are in highlighting the changes:

PraNeel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 09:30   #962
BHPian

So I had the opportunity to TD a 40km run BS6 Harrier automatic XZ. Earlier in the year I had TD the BS4 Harrier back to back with a Jeep Compass and was disappointed with the performance/ overall feel of the Harrier. Some takeaways from the BS6 TD:

1. Feels better from the word go.
2. Noise and Vibration levels are lower. Engine vibration can still be felt on the steering wheel in low speeds
3. Handling appears better than before however not as sharp as the Jeep. Steering response is still vague. That connection with the wheels is missing.
4. That satisfying feeling while closing the doors bring a smile
5. Gearbox - lacks response and refinement. I was trying to overtake a truck on a crowded road, pushed the paddle to rev from 20 kmph to about 40 kmph, for first few seconds I thought I won't be able to overtake (downshifting was late) and then suddenly it took off. Then I felt I won't be able to control but thanks to the updated brakes I could. Refinement- the moment you switch to R, it wants to runaway. I think steering wheel vibrations are also a function of low speed clutch tuning issues.
6. Suspensions - better/ firmer than before. Drawing a comparison with Compass again, frequency damping/ independent rear suspension make a whole lot of difference to the driving pleasure

Overall a big improvement from the previous gen but at 23 big ones there are better options in the category.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 09:09   #963

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk007 View Post
is it like a low pitch grinding noise? Maybe a video recording would help? Also, did you take the senior SA and technician on a drive to show them? That usually helps.
Thanks VK. I am sorry for the delay. It is a very high frequency noise. Did my first service at 2K and they said the brake pads have been changed. They dont have a clear reason though. Yes, had shown it to the Senior advisor and he doesn't seem to have a clue. I am taking it again to the service centre today and if it is not sorted out will write to Tata Motors directly.

I am not sure where to upload the audio. Didnt do a video though. Have put it up on vTransfer -> https://we.tl/t-P9Ox0wVuoZ
fluke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 10:04   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluke View Post
I am sorry for the delay. It is a very high frequency noise.
Is it metal to metal grinding ? Is there any dust stuck in-between ?
Old 17th March 2020, 17:25   #965
BHPian

No troubles mate. I heard that audio file. This usually comes from the brakes area I think. Take it up with Tata. Tell the dealer that you are not satisfied with the SAs answer and ask for an escalation. They will have to give you a satisfactory solution to the problem. Get the email address for the South Zone Head of Sales and send him an email with the details of the Service Center, date of service, name of service advisor. Also, send him the audio file. Be patient and this will get fixed. Possibly some alignment problem.

Once again, thank you for sharing. This is how we all learn. Don't give up on this issue. Be patient and see it through.

Keep us posted.
Old 20th March 2020, 22:24   #966
BHPian

such an 'Epic' HARRIER Ad!
Love it In RED.

Only missing thing Is a Heavy FrontGuard..

pic courtesy: ndtv.auto
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-capture000.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st May 2020 at 07:19. Reason: small typo
kalleo4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:17   #967
BHPian

Saw a couple of what I thought were Harrier Mules near Connoor a few weeks back... Which variant?

NowNew7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 14:11   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk007 View Post

Once again, thank you for sharing. This is how we all learn. Don't give up on this issue. Be patient and see it through.

Keep us posted.
Thanks a lot, vk007. I have escalated it to the dealer's management. Will be writing a formal complaint and copy it to Tata Motors too. You bet, I am not going to rest till this gets solved. Will keep this group posted on the progress.
fluke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 21:13   #969
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but I’ll do it anyways for now and request our mods to move this to an appropriate one as I see an ownership thread too and I didn’t want to hijack anyone’s personal ownership thread.

Toyota has an SUV by name Harrier!

If it comes to india, will Tata change the name / Toyota will be doing it?! No name infringements here right?

https://forum.autocarindia.com/topic...Um_G3i3TS20uZE
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-4917660cd0a04f8783d76a061bdee798.jpeg  

Last edited by gururajrv : 7th April 2020 at 21:15.
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 10:29   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post

If it comes to india, will Tata change the name / Toyota will be doing it?! No name infringements here right?
Toyota will have to change the name to something else, like Ford did for its international model, Everest, which is sold here as the Endeavour.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 11:40   #971
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread to post but I’ll do it anyways for now and request our mods to move this to an appropriate one as I see an ownership thread too and I didn’t want to hijack anyone’s personal ownership thread.

https://forum.autocarindia.com/topic...Um_G3i3TS20uZE
The Harrier is around for 15 years now. We had this discussion in 2018 as well:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4427706 (Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs)

We also have an ownership review of the Harrier:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...adventure.html (My Toyota Harrier: A JDM adventure)

The photo is of the next gen Harrier and rest assured a brand like Toyota will not bring the Harrier to India. The name is not the problem.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 17:45   #972
BHPian

I took delivery of my Harrier XZ dark edition on February 20. Since I've been driving a Scorpio for the past 9 years, I wanted a tough, reliable vehicle and the Harrier was the pick of the lot. Not just are the looks of the dark edition mind-blowing, but it also feels tough when you drive it. Although I've just driven it for just 700 Kms, I am satisfied with the overall product and features. Will post a detailed review soon.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2020 at 06:16. Reason: Errors
ADI_77 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 11:59   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
I took delivery of my Harrier XZ dark edition on February 20. Since I've been driving a Scorpio for the past 9 years, I wanted a tough, reliable vehicle and the Harrier was the pick of the lot. Not just are the looks of the dark edition mind-blowing, but it also feels tough when you drive it. Although I've just driven it for just 700 Kms, I am satisfied with the overall product and features. Will post a detailed review soon.
It will be great if you can post a few pics and an ownership experience of your steed.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2020 at 06:17. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 1st May 2020, 12:21   #974
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
I don't think Scorpio is a fair comparison to the Harrier. The XUV 500, though, is, IMO.

And according to the signature, you own both, how does the Harrier stack up to the XUV?

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2020 at 06:20. Reason: Quoted text edited
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 16:13   #975
BHPian

We are seriously considering the XMA variant. Most of the specs offered with with the higher trims, viz. XZA+ and XZA but not available in this trim, I can do without. Like the sunroof, alloy wheels, etc

The one feature that isn't offered, but which I would like to have is the Reverse Parking Camera.

Would the Company or dealer install the Reverse Parking Camera at the time of purchase or will I have to do so in the after market?

Reason for asking is the issue of the warranty being negated in case the installation is done in the after market.

Most Viewed