Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 22:12   #1096
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushikroy1989 View Post
I am actually interested to additional covers like engine cover, key protection and invoice cover.

Today when I went for PDI in the TATA yard it was only 10km. I am worried whether they have tested on-road at all. Sales guy did not agree to let me drive as I only paid booking amount. :
IMO engine cover is not required since you'd be taking the extended warranty. And Bangalore is not flood prone, that's the main scenario when engine protect cover in insurance comes in handy.

The ODO reading is perfectly normal. In fact, people will start having doubts it he ODO reading is say more than 50.

MODS - Apologies for the back to back posts, I was trying to multiquote on my mobile but something went wrong. Kindly merge with the previous post.

Last edited by rags.singh : 25th November 2020 at 22:19.
rags.singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 22:59   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
With respect to cashless claim settlement, I spoke to 3 insurance companies apart from the dealer and all of them confirmed that the claims will be cashless.
Are they cashless in all Tata service centres pan India ? I took from dealership only to avail this benefit
Old 25th November 2020, 23:11   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Are they cashless in all Tata service centres pan India ? I took from dealership only to avail this benefit
Yeah, I have that in writing from SBI and Acko. Dealer's insurance was from Future Generali. I guess dealers push that as a USP but in reality most insurance companies offer cashless claim
Old 25th November 2020, 23:13   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer's insurance was from Future Generali. I guess dealers push that as a USP but in reality most insurance companies offer cashless claim
In my case dealer insurance is from ICICI Lombard .
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 00:06   #1100
BHPian

Since there are many people from Bangalore here. What's the best rate being offered by dealers at Bangalore? I am waiting for December to get the lowest possible rates. I expect to get a discount of more than a lak atleast.
abhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 12:14   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushikroy1989 View Post
Today when I went for PDI in the TATA yard it was only 10km. I am worried whether they have tested on-road at all. Sales guy did not agree to let me drive as I only paid booking amount. :
Dude, If you have not already bought it, you can check whether the PDI sticker is signed with the date the PDI was done or not. In my case the SA had no clue that the PDI sticker should actually be signed. mine below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
First of all - I hope your parents are getting better by the day. Nothing else matters till they are back to normalcy really.

Then - the moment I saw your post about the dent on hatch - I had a deja vu about telling you to be really sure about going ahead with the purchase! Anyway - so what's the status? Are you going for a replacement car? Or that was the last straw and you have now made up your mind to cancel it altogether & will get a refund? How are they processing that?
Thank you for asking. My father is home and doing fine. My mum has a patch in her lungs that has affected her oxygen level. She is showing progress and i hope she will be fine soon.

I cancelled the car right at the spot! I had also spoken with a lawyer and would be filing a case for all the torture from the dealer end. Being a true delhite i had to raise my voice & threaten them by saying "Tu jaanta hai mera baap kaun hai". Which worked and they refunded all the amount in couple hours.
All hope is not lost, i have booked another Harrier through another dealer & hope i dont get screwed twice .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20201118_161721.jpg  

adamkathy23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 18:18   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
All hope is not lost, i have booked another Harrier through another dealer & hope i dont get screwed twice .
Hats off for 2 things: sticking to your guns for getting refund from the dealer and also for sticking to the Harrier.

The Harrier definitely deserves better numbers and better salespeople will help it.
Avinash_R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 20:06   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Which worked and they refunded all the amount in couple hours.
Congratulations and its great to see that you stuck with the product and not let the bad dealer experience deter you from a good product. When I had bought a skoda 10 years back, everyone had warned against the service cost + experience but I still went ahead and never regretted buying the car. Dealing with the service center once a year was a price I was willing to pay to get a good product.

With respect to the refund, curious to know if the car had already been registered in your name or not?
Old 27th November 2020, 02:05   #1104
BHPian

What is the current waiting ye for the harrier? Pune dealers say 2 months? Seems a bit excessive?
Old 27th November 2020, 18:02   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
What is the current waiting ye for the harrier? Pune dealers say 2 months? Seems a bit excessive?
In Bangalore the dealer said they normally say 2-3 weeks but usually get the car in about 10 days.

Same response from another dealer in Kerala I checked with.
Old 27th November 2020, 20:53   #1106

I've the excel of garage list from acko, atleast in Bangalore there were no cashless from service providers like kht, prerana etc. There were some multi-brand garages though. I can share the excel if you need.
Quote:
Yeah, I have that in writing from SBI and Acko. Dealer's insurance was from Future Generali. I guess dealers push that as a USP but in reality most insurance companies offer cashless claim
Thanks, I will surely check that during delivery. Also nice to see that you're sticking to this car even after the experience. My delivery is coming week. Fingers crossed 🤞
Quote:
Dude, If you have not already bought it, you can check whether the PDI sticker is signed with the date the PDI was done or not. In my case the SA had no clue that the PDI sticker should actually be signed. mine below:

Old 2nd December 2020, 13:48   #1107
BHPian

By the way - Who buys the Tata Harrier..

While driving to my office for the past couple of days, I was seeing few Harriers in Chennai. I always liked the way it looked - beautiful. But, I was also wondering, for that money, what is so great about this car and who are the people who buys the same, and what is their requirement, because....

If I want to buy a large 5 seater, irrespective of the age, an XUV5OO would be VFM as it has got additional two seats, just in case.

Else, I Shall settle for a lower trim on an Innova Crysta, which has the Toyota brand attached to it, a very good car, good ASS, good resale, and again a 7 seater just in Case.

Ok, Harrier is a large 5 seater and if it also has AWD or 4WD option, then it makes sense to be a true SUV beating the other Pseudo ones, but it does not have that as well

Technical gadgets, Panoramic Sunroof, Diesel Auto etc., - many other guys little smaller in size, but same 5 seaters provide it.

OK, if Harrier has a 5 star NCAP, then, that gives it a good weightage, but it is not tested as far as I know.

So, what is a real unique buying principle to go for a Harrier. This question is not to talk negative about the Harrier, but a honest one, if I would want to buy it. Is it just a Heart over Head Case to spend this amount of money on Harrier ? OR is there something to it which I am not aware off.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 14:16   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
A person who cares about the looks of the car, i don't think any car in the budget of harrier can beat it in terms of looks and road presence, when you see a dark edition harrier on the road you just can't miss it, look at it from any angle and the car's beauty to look it. You just can't compare any car in this budget to harrier in terms of looks.

Other points, good powerful engine and sorted automatic gearbox combo, pretty decent feature list, nice comfy spacious inside, TATAs image of making safe cars, current service center reviews are good as well. What more can you ask for?
yesyeswe is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 15:55   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post

If I want to buy a large 5 seater, irrespective of the age, an XUV5OO would be VFM as it has got additional two seats, just in case.

Else, I Shall settle for a lower trim on an Innova Crysta, which has the Toyota brand attached to it, a very good car, good ASS, good resale, and again a 7 seater just in Case.

Swami
Well, I don't think everyone wanting a large 5 seater is ok choosing an XUV500 over a Harrier just for the 2 seats that may not be used at all !

Similarly, there are many that wouldn't want a bare bones Innova in comparison to the Harrier just for 'brand' value, ASS, resale, etc.

Personally I prioritize my needs on the actual vehicle and what it offers as part of the drive and interactive experience rather than compromise for things like brand value, better ASS, etc. unless it is a deal breaker, which for a lot of people isn't the case with Tata

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 2nd December 2020 at 15:56.
fiat_tarun is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:11   #1110
BHPian

Have a few queries about the official accessories that are on offer from TATA.

1) Connectnext Infotainment Kit (2810)
What is this ? Is is a subscription or a module that enables extra features?

2)Digital Video recorder (4999)
I assume that this is a dashcam? any idea on the make?

3)Front parking Sensors (3950)
A lot of comments on the forum indicate that they are not up to the mark, any decent alternatives?

4)Floor Lamination - Make Prevento (4500)
Is this worth it ? or would 3d kagu maps be sufficient?

Most Viewed