Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:50   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
So, what is a real unique buying principle to go for a Harrier. This question is not to talk negative about the Harrier, but a honest one, if I would want to buy it. Is it just a Heart over Head Case to spend this amount of money on Harrier ? OR is there something to it which I am not aware off.

Swami
Looks.
Simple as that.

And the way it pounds through bad roads.

Guess I have already said this elsewhere in the forum a couple of times, still.
My buddy was all set to buy the Hexa A/T, though he was cribbing the lack of an AWD + A/T variant.
The purchase didn't go through and an year later his want became a need and he booked the Nexon D AMT.

One look at the then just unveiled Harrier, he straightaway booked it. No TD done ( sat on a display vehicle in IGI terminal ), the lack of AWD or even his criteria of an automatic transmission didn't matter.
He was sold on the styling and nothing else mattered.

Personally for me the Harrier XM looks VFM, except for the lack of ESP.
The Korean duo are decent and looks pretty VFM (funny that the 1st gen Creta was lil' overpriced)
The XUV500 kinda shows its age, and not much of a fan of it.
But the next gen XUV500 is going to be lit !!!
Looks like the days of old Safari-Scorpio rivalry will be back, in another form.

With a 20 lakhs budget, would buy the Innova eyes closed, however overpriced it is.
If it should be a 5 seater crossover, then would stretch for the Compass.

So...

People buy Harrier for:

Looks
Looks
Design
Looks
Big car feel
Space
Bad road pounding suspension
DicKy is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:30   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Personally for me the Harrier XM looks VFM, except for the lack of ESP.
ESP is standard across all variants of the Harrier after the BS6 update.
fiat_tarun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 21:07   #1113
BHPian

Update:
I had booked another Harrier from Treo Tata, Okhla & checked couple of days ago about the status. The SA told me the order had not been placed yet as the plant does not have capacity. I will follow up with the owner tomorrow and see if it helps.

Another dealership also offered to sell the Harrier so considering my luck, i will talk to them as well.

Also, i plan to visit the nearby Mahindra showroom to enquire about the XUV 500 just in case. I have a nagging feeling, Tata Harrier may not be for me.
adamkathy23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 21:15   #1114
BHPian

Just saw this rendering of Tata Harrier as a truck and man it looks smashing, It looks even better than Isuzu to me. Tata should launch this instead of the gravitas with the full off-road setup
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-tataharrierpickuptruck7828.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 18:22   #1115

I just got approved as a new member of Team-BHP. Feel elated!! I have followed Team-BHP forums for a long time and these forums have been invaluable in enhancing my knowledge of cars and helped greatly in narrowing my search for my latest purchase.

I am going to take delivery of my new BS6 Tata Harrier (Red - Dual Tone) tomorrow (YAY!!!). Was wondering which accessories would be important from the perspective of utility. I have already got front parking sensors installed. The Harrier does not come with TPMS. I am not convinced about external sensors, I was more in favour of internal sensors. I would like to know how helpful a TPMS would be and also which brands to go for.

Additionally, any suggestions for utilitarian accessories are most welcome from our experienced BHPians.

Thank you once again for letting me in to this haven of car fanatics!
sriram.raj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 20:24   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.raj View Post
I am not convinced about external sensors, I was more in favour of internal sensors.
Congrats for the car. I am using 70mai internal tpms sensors . it works well and the readings are accurate. Other accessories I bought were
1. DashCam
2. 12V tyre inflator
3. Microfibre cloths

Last edited by Aditya : 28th December 2020 at 05:01. Reason: Typo
greyhound82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 22:11   #1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Congrats for the car. I am using 70mai internal tpms sensors . it works well and the readings are accurate. Other accessories I bought were
1. DashCam
2. 12V tyre inflator
3. Microfibre cloths
Thank you for your suggestion. Will definitely check it out. I was looking at SensAiry and TREEL for the TPMS. Does the 70mai have an HUD and if yes, where does it connect to draw power for the display? Also, does it have an android app for the phone?

I have already ordered the RNG EKO GREEN Tyre inflator from Amazon. It's on the way

Any suggestions for good brands for dashcam?

Thanks again for the reply. Really appreciate it.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th December 2020 at 05:01. Reason: Quoted text corrected
Old 14th December 2020, 23:10   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion. Will definitely check it out. I was looking at SensAiry and TREEL for the TPMS. Does the 70mai have an HUD and if yes, where does it connect to draw power for the display? Also, does it have an android app for the phone?

I have already ordered the RNG EKO GREEN Tyre inflator from Amazon. It's on the way

Any suggestions for good brands for dashcam?

Thanks again for the reply. Really appreciate it.
SensAiry makes more sense, esp since its app is compatible with android auto. If you want to go with internal sensors then please keep in mind that 70Mai does not have an internal type sensor now (discontinued).

As for dashcams, 70mai pro, ddpai, viofo are some of the brands you could go for. I myslef use the 70mai pro, but, I know at least one person using each of these dashcams with good results.

Also consider mats - 7d or 3d mats preferably.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 01:27   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post

As for dashcams, 70mai pro, ddpai, viofo are some of the brands you could go for. I myslef use the 70mai pro, but, I know at least one person using each of these dashcams with good results.
Can you share your wiring setup for the dashcam? Are the wires visble?
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 09:41   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Can you share your wiring setup for the dashcam? Are the wires visble?
Yes, a part of the wire is exposed, but not visible if one doesn't look closely. I have taken the wiring over to the rhd A-pillar, down the side of dash, beneath the steering column, and finally along the driver's side of center console to finally plug into the 12V socket under armrest.

I am also planning to get something like rearview irvm - https://www.amazon.in/Campark-R10-Streaming-Dual-Lens-Travelapse/dp/B07PD2KJQH/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=irvm+dash+cam&qid=160 8005280&sr=8-6#Ask

I think these types would make more sense rather than having an auto-dimming irvm. Has anyone experience with these types of irvms along with rear camera?

Last edited by Sheel : 20th December 2020 at 09:00. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 19th December 2020, 11:28   #1121
BHPian

Just now spoke to Orange Motors dealership in Hyderabad, they said XE variant is discontinued. Any news on this? I think they are just bluffing to clear inventory. Any insights or such news?
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 19:41   #1122
BHPian

Folks, Help! The new dealer says the temporary registration request is in the RTO and will be completed on Monday but I can take delivery tomorrow.

I plan to take the car from the showroom in Delhi to my home in ghaziabad. Should I go ahead and take delivery tomorrow or not?

Please help.
Old 20th December 2020, 21:45   #1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
Folks, Help! The new dealer says the temporary registration request is in the RTO and will be completed on Monday but I can take delivery tomorrow.

I plan to take the car from the showroom in Delhi to my home in ghaziabad. Should I go ahead and take delivery tomorrow or not?

Please help.
First of all congratulations. I have been driving the car for the last few days and it has been an absolute pleasure to drive. The car is a thing of beauty. I have fallen head over heels in love with it and no one can convince me otherwise. What I'm driving at (get it ) is that you'll love it too. Please do share which trim and transmission you have bought. And do share your experience if you can. I intend to write a brief post about my experience. Even if it benefits one future buyer, it would have served its purpose.

Coming to your question unfortunately, I think I am already late, since you were going to take the delivery without the plate today. However, I still thought I would give my 2 cents. Maybe, it might help someone else.

When I was waiting for delivery, I wanted it on Sunday (Dec 13th). But, there was a chance of not getting the plates by then. The dealer said they would give me delivery with paperwork to prove that the registration was in process. Thankfully, the plates came well in time for me to take delivery with the plates affixed to the car. So, in your case since, it is only a day's difference, I think it would be better to take the delivery on Monday. If the delay was going to be 4-5 days, it would have been a different story.
sriram.raj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 12:36   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
When I was waiting for delivery, I wanted it on Sunday (Dec 13th). But, there was a chance of not getting the plates by then. The dealer said they would give me delivery with paperwork to prove that the registration was in process. Thankfully, the plates came well in time for me to take delivery with the plates affixed to the car. So, in your case since, it is only a day's difference, I think it would be better to take the delivery on Monday. If the delay was going to be 4-5 days, it would have been a different story.
Congratulations on your purchase! Which dealer did you get the car from and how was the experience?
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:43   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
First of all congratulations. I have been driving the car for the last few days and it has been an absolute pleasure to drive. The car is a thing of beauty. I have fallen head over heels in love with it and no one can convince me otherwise. What I'm driving at (get it ) is that you'll love it too. Please do share which trim and transmission you have bought. And do share your experience if you can. I intend to write a brief post about my experience. Even if it benefits one future buyer, it would have served its purpose.
Hello buddy, Thank you and heartiest wishes to you as well. Like you rightly said, it is a beautiful car to drive. I have bought a XM manual. Thank you so much for your views and suggestions, I will be penning down my experience soon as well.
adamkathy23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks