Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 22:59   #1156
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Any idea what was the asking price?
Didnt stop by. Do you want me to check ?

it's there in the consultant shop next to the HP bunk on Ring Road (City Service station)
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 23:06   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy, but I'm just a bit curious as to how much it could cost. If I go that side, I'll check for sure. The Safari has my heart but the white seats are keeping me away, for now. OCD to blame
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Didnt stop by. Do you want me to check ? it's there in the consultant shop next to the HP bunk on Ring Road (City Service station)
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 12:29   #1158
BHPian

Hi I recently changed my booking from Altroz I turbo to Harrier XT+. Can anyone post pics of Harrier XT /XT+. Wanted to see how the alloy wheels look, Also a couple of interior pics would be really helpful, because I have not seen any photos online of the seats and material. All pics are of top end XZ+ only. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th March 2021, 09:25   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Hi I recently changed my booking from Altroz I turbo to Harrier XT+. Can anyone post pics of Harrier XT /XT+. Wanted to see how the alloy wheels look, Also a couple of interior pics would be really helpful, because I have not seen any photos online of the seats and material. All pics are of top end XZ+ only. Thanks in advance.

Walk around video of Harrier XT+. Hope it helps.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 17:40   #1160
BHPian

Hi All

I have a 6.5 year old Renault Duster with 80k on odo and I am now looking to replace it. I am still loving the Duster but got really bored of the horrible interiors and dashboard.

I feel spoilt by Renault and looks like Harrier is the only practical replacement at the moment because of the space available.

I checked out Seltos and felt rear seat space and under thigh support were far too less. Also, although the numbers for bootspace are quite similar, Harrier boot looked a lot a bigger in person. I hate the looks of new creta and didn't even check it out. So Seltos and Creta were outright rejected by my wife and I and we didn't even TD them. I am yet to test drive Harrier because dealership only has automatic for test drive. I don't want to test drive something which I am not buying at all. I Will check with other dealership if they have the manual TD vehicle available.

I have the budget for XM but seems XT strikes the right balance and I may have to stretch the budget by almost 2 lakhs. I am also a little apprehensive about Tata after sales service.

Now by posting here, I am hoping for some guidance on :
  1. should I replace the Duster with Harrier or wait for more options or launches in next few months. Is there anything coming up in less than 20 lakh window?
  2. Is it worth going for XZ over XT? Is XT the VFM variant?
  3. How is the ride quality on harrier on highway and not so good roads. I am fine it's anywhere close to Duster.
  4. Tata?
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 19:30   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
  1. should I replace the Duster with Harrier or wait for more options or launches in next few months. Is there anything coming up in less than 20 lakh window?
  3. How is the ride quality on harrier on highway and not so good roads. I am fine it's anywhere close to Duster.
  4. Tata?
There is no replacement options for Diesel Duster in the 20 lakh range coming up either. The Duster or its cousins Captur or Kicks don't sell well and don't have diesel option. The Isuzu D-MAX V-Cross that is coming up is also the old version and not the international or South East Asian model. The Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta cannot give the ride and handling finesse of the well defined Duster. The Hyundai Tucson is still one generation older and is tad expensive too. Due to the fall of Mahindra Ford joint venture, not sure how the new generation XUV 500 is gonna look like. What remains is the Harrier or Safari based on the LR like platform. Apart from the quality of interiors (not so premium to my liking) they are both good options. My long test drive on Harrier gave me the feeling, that the car may not be as nimble and agile like a duster but is a pretty planted and stable vehicle on road, goes through bad patches with least discomfort and is a capable SUV at 20 lakhs range.
cs_rajesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 20:12   #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Hi everyone, I have made this same post in the 2020 Harrier Automatic thread.

Need some advice from Harrier owners, folks.
Hi, My Manual Harrier is a gem, it's two weeks old. My daily commute being a doctor is a mumbai crawl daily with two round trips on the sea link.
I love the 2020 Harrier, especially my sun roof for the light it emits. This is a driver's car , I had to actually relearn how to shift gears on it, but once you do it's absolutely thrilling.
All the niggles have all been ironed out. I can say this because I've test driven the 2019 version and also the automatic.
I waited to test drive the Safari manual and automatic before booking my Harrier. Mine is a family of three and this car ticks all my boxes.
Hope all this is of help to you.
P.S Since the harrier isn't very common in Mumbai , that element also makes me feel really good.
Cheers!

Last edited by vb-saan : 28th March 2021 at 06:10. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
Dr Carlton Pere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 14:18   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

Now by posting here, I am hoping for some guidance on :
  4. Tata?
Hi! I moved from a ~1.80L kms driven Duster to a Harrier XZ in November 2019. The car has done about 39,000 kms (all self-driven) till date and have had no issues yet. The car is superior to Duster in everyway other than the ride quality department, where both the cars are IMO equivalent. The Harrier glides on highways and bad roads alike with good handling. If you need a car in this genre for primarily highway drives, I would suggest the Harrier, but if city driving is the primary concern then MG Hector deserves a look as well.

Coming back to the Harrier, the XT is definitely a VFM as compared to the XZ if the comparison today holds true as what it was in end 2019. I would though certainly advice giving the AT a look if your budget permits, as the heavy clutch can get exhausting if you're stuck in a traffic jam. It's not an event that might happen regularly, but can exhaust you when it happens. This holds true for all the cars in this genre.

I think the only car to be launched in the near future in this genre is the new XUV5OO, which would probably remain a 7 seater and the comparison would then be with Safari, unless Mahindra surprises everyone and launches a 5 seater XUV4OO.
Jattitude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:26   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
Hi! I moved from a ~1.80L kms driven Duster to a Harrier XZ in November 2019. The car has done about 39,000 kms (all self-driven) till date and have had no issues yet. The car is superior to Duster in everyway other than the ride quality department, where both the cars are IMO equivalent. The Harrier glides on highways and bad roads alike with good handling. If you need a car in this genre for primarily highway drives, I would suggest the Harrier, but if city driving is the primary concern then MG Hector deserves a look as well.
Thanks for your response.
Frankly, I don't really see any other option in 15-20 Lakhs. The car is a segment above Duster and Duster has horrible horrible interiors, so I am expecting most of the things to be better while hoping the ride quality to be close.
Most of my driving is highways and expressways and a visit to my village twice or thrice an year. I stay in Panchkula and Chandigarh tricity has good and wide roads with not as much traffic. Also I am a fan of manual transmissions. So MT works just fine for me.

I am tempted to consider Safari too but wondering if a couple of seats are worth a 100 or so kg extra weight and hence lesser performance.
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:39   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response.
Frankly, I don't really see any other option in 15-20 Lakhs. The car is a segment above Duster and Duster has horrible horrible interiors, so I am expecting most of the things to be better while hoping the ride quality to be close.
Most of my driving is highways and expressways and a visit to my village twice or thrice an year. I stay in Panchkula and Chandigarh tricity has good and wide roads with not as much traffic. Also I am a fan of manual transmissions. So MT works just fine for me.

I am tempted to consider Safari too but wondering if a couple of seats are worth a 100 or so kg extra weight and hence lesser performance.
The XZ variant is atleast 2 segments above the Duster. I too am a fan of MT, but had got stuck in 2 bad jams on the highway and that made me think about AT being a better option if the budget permits. I've heard that the AT is good as well. The performance reviews of the Safari are pretty good.
Old 29th March 2021, 21:50   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
so I am expecting most of the things to be better while hoping the ride quality to be close.
Most of my driving is highways and expressways and a visit to my village twice or thrice an year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
The XZ variant is atleast 2 segments above the Duster. I too am a fan of MT, but had got stuck in 2 bad
I own a Harrier XZA+. Following are the advantages I saw with respect to duster

1. Modern and Safer platform ( not tested but as it derived from LRD8 hope it will hold its legacy )
2 . Loaded Safety features : 14 ESP modes and 6 air bag options
3. Spacious
4. Torquey and Bigger engine
5. Interiors
6. Looks
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 08:06   #1167
BHPian

Hi everyone! Looking to replace my Duster CVT with Harrier XZA+. I have been talking to KHT at Domlur (Bangalore) but I am not certain I want to go ahead with them. A family member recently picked up a Tiago and did not have a very good purchase experience, a lot of miscommunication and false promises on delivery dates and unnecessary extensions. They do not seem straightforward, a lot of back and forth, they also refused his request to do a PDI before registration claiming it’s not part of their internal process. The delivery however was smooth and the Tiago is doing fine but in my head, I definitely want to do a PDI before the car goes for registration just for my satisfaction, especially since this is my most expensive car purchase yet. Any recent owners here with similar experiences? How is Prerana Motors? Any sales ref contacts I can get in touch with there?
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 11:49   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukriss View Post
Hi, My Harrier has done about 46K kilometres and is in the service centre for a major service. Over 80% of my travel has been on highways and my braking pattern is quite relaxed (i.e no sudden or erratic braking).
I am a little confused about this service cycle for Harrier. Is it 1 year 15000 km or 6 months 7500 km. the other day, the SA told me it was 1 year 15000 km but the official review says its 7500 km. I request the existing owners to please provide some input on this.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:44   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
I am a little confused about this service cycle for Harrier. Is it 1 year 15000 km or 6 months 7500 km. the other day, the SA told me it was 1 year 15000 km but the official review says its 7500 km. I request the existing owners to please provide some input on this.
Every 15k kms is a proper service with an oil change. In between at 7.5k there is no oil change and is more of a preventative checkup and maintenance kind of service.
Old 31st March 2021, 13:49   #1170
BHPian

To all existing Harrier owners,

A few items to check ::

1. Is the head unit display laggy and are the frequent hang issues still there in the updated Harrier ?

2. What is the real world mileage of the Harrier ? in city ? on Highway ?

3. Any updates on Tata's service experience especially in Bombay ?

Regards
Dieseltuned

Most Viewed