Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 14:28   #1216
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
There is a ConnectNext app on play store (don't know about iOS).
One note though, if you go for 70mai, buy Sandisk sd card (the ultra A1 or if you can afford, the Endurance)...

One more thing, in the Harrier, you have the 12v socket under armrest.

The other route is - under the headliner - past the a pillar - over the front passenger window - down the b pillar - under the passenger seat. This method is what I have done and it hides the wire well. The only catch is the wire tends to be a little short. So you will have to get a usb extension wire (like the ones we use with TVs), something like this -

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00GGMU3MQ/...F9KKS0EKNA789W

Avoid routing it over the driver side headliner because if it comes out for some reason, it can distract the driver.
Thank you.
The connect next seems to be a basic app that sort of gets data that will be available through an OBD port. Though without gps in XT I am not sure it will serve my purpose. Will check it out though.

Thanks for the tip on the Sandisk and wiring. I will probably take the wiring as per option 2. Have enough of the USB extensions lying around at home. Time to put them to some use.
srivibhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 07:22   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
3. Thinking of getting 70mai dash cam. It's 7k in Amazon. Any other recommendations?

Thank you.
I recently picked up a dual channel, and it works fine. Need to be a bit careful while so that don't end up soiling the soft fabric upholstery. Concealing the wiring is easy, just needs to be a little patient. There is some amount of windscreen glare, but i guess that's nothing to do with cam model.
maddyg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:42   #1218
BHPian

I finally took delivery of the Tata Harrier XT. Have driven about 500Km until now and here are the first impressions

1. Love the space in the car
2. Looks large but easy to get used to to drive
3. It's really high in terms of seating. After driving a Ciaz for the last 2 years this seems really high!
4. Back seat comfort is ok, not plush or great.
5. Surprisingly small(er) boot, it looked large but not really!
6. Got Mapmyindia gps fitted. It serves the basic purpose of tracking my car though the app is buggy. For example, sharing the current location, the link does not work and there is a clear 5 to 10 second delay between phone gps and the location update in the app.
7. Have ordered seat covers from Elegant, yet to fit
8. Still have to fit dash cam

Some observations
1. Driving in normal city mode, in the highway, shifting gears between 3 to 4 or 4 to 5, i had a distinct loss of power on upshift. not sure why. Will try again the next time I am out on the highway in the next few days
2. Not a plush ride like the Hector but really planted car. Feels very safe to drive
3. Really smooth to cruise at 100 to 120 and really effortless. You will tend to reach 150 really quickly and not notice it!
4. Rattle in the dash especially when driving over potholes on the right side. This is driving me crazy. The gps unit is fitted well as far as I can see under the dash. So need to figure this out.
5. Missing the internal ambient light like in XUV500
6. Pleasently surprised by the number of charging points provided
7. Contrary to some feedback, I found the head unit pretty responsive.
8. Low speed steering is heavy as pretty much everyone has commented. This is really something that Tata HAS to fix. High speed response is good for me. I didn't find it too sensitive
9. Whoever designed the driver seat did not make it for large drivers. My left knee does hit the dash. I did observe this in the test drive but decided to live with it. With some adjustments of the seat I have made this as little as possible but my knee still rubs against the dash.
10. The DEF oil was filled only slightly more than half tank with the dealer claiming that's how all cars were delivered. Is this true? can someone confirm?

Finally the dealer experience for me was very good. The sales person was very responsive but not really knowledgeable, and tried to fib his way out of a few questions. TATA really need to train its personnel to handle post delivery training properly. The person who comes to explain the car needs to know the basics well and not give incorrect answers.

And this is the first time I have got a car from a dealer with no cleaning cloth or a basic cleaning kit or idol (and I have taken delivery of about 25 cars till date). Very surprised with Tata and have given my feedback on this. This is my first Tata car and I am hoping my gamble with getting a 20L+ car from Tata pays off. Right now except for the few irritants mentioned above I seem to be on the right track. Fingers crossed!
srivibhu is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:02   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
The DEF oil was filled only slightly more than half tank with the dealer claiming that's how all cars were delivered. Is this true? can someone confirm?
I am not sure if this is the practice with all cars. If so, it is not so smart by Tata. Optimum levels are expected from a brand new car, apart from the fuel tank.

These dealers and service centers love saying this during any discrepancy with delivery or service. " All customers get the same!. All cars are the same!. This is how the car is! .
Old 24th September 2021, 10:18   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I am not sure if this is the practice with all cars. If so, it is not so smart by Tata. Optimum levels are expected from a brand new car, apart from the fuel tank.

These dealers and service centers love saying this during any discrepancy with delivery or service. " All customers get the same!. All cars are the same!. This is how the car is! .
I raised a query with Tata Motors twitter handle and got a response and DM almost immediately. they have asked for the dealer name and number which I have given. I was pleasantly surprised. Lets see if this leads to a resolution!
srivibhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 01:05   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
10. The DEF oil was filled only slightly more than half tank with the dealer claiming that's how all cars were delivered. Is this true? can someone confirm?
This is a standard practice followed by TATA, not sure how other manufacturers are following. But even I was curious and someone in the dealership told me that it is done to avoid spillage during transit which makes sense to me.
I know spillage is not possible but somehow I was satisfied with the logic.

And this is how every Harrier is delivered by TATA with the DEF level at around 60% full.

Anyway Congratulations for the ride, I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

Last edited by Highh5 : 25th September 2021 at 01:06.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 15:39   #1222
BHPian

Has anyone booking the Harrier in Bangalore enquired about the new BH series registration? I just visited the MORTH site and at first glance it looks like the Road Tax for two years on a 25lac car would be approx 59K and no registration charges. This would save approx 3.5 lac in road tax (considering the 17% in KA) in one go and I can aim for the top variant. I don't mind renewing this every two years. Eager to hear experts' comments on this as I do not have much info.

Last edited by silentstorm : 2nd October 2021 at 15:45.
Old 6th October 2021, 17:32   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
The DEF oil was filled only slightly more than half tank with the dealer claiming that's how all cars were delivered. Is this true? can someone confirm?
I received my Safari with a little over half tank of DEF level. It is quite common. Nothing to worry about. I was charged Rs. 350 for 5 litres of DEF refilling.
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 23:21   #1224
BHPian

Latest official video on the NSG drive with Harrier dark.

saikarthik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 10:14   #1225

Just enquired with the Tata Showroom in my city about whether they have any Harriers in stock.
They said they have a White Dual Tone XZ+ but it's manufactured in December 2020. Wondering if I should go take a look as they said they are willing to knock two lakhs off the sale price.
From the pictures it looks like the showroom has been using the car as their display vehicle.
Old 5th November 2021, 23:08   #1226
BHPian

Tata Harrier : Official Review-tatapunchvsharriercomparisonrearangle1068x568.jpg

This image from a gaadiwadi article shows a Harrier and a Punch side by side with temporary registration.

However the Harrier is in the Cocoa Sparkle shade which was discontinued last year, I've also seen a silver Harrier testing in Pune.

Colour pallet shake-up on the cards or are test mules coloured in any remaining colour?
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 21:32   #1227
BHPian

After 2 months and 5000 + km of Harrier I have some big cribs (Diesel XT manual)

1. The steering is a pain in traffic and too heavy and actually thick. I'm a big guy and even my hand and grip hurts on long drives.

2. The driver seating is only acceptable. And after a lot of adjustments.

2. I expected the ride to be a bit stiff but it's super stiff. Especially when driving over chipped roads after rains. Every minor bump and crevice can be felt inside the cabin quite a bit. Not really comfortable for older people. I am quite surprised by this. This is worse than my old XUV 500. Tried with tyre pressure 33, 32, 31 and varying levels of load. No major difference. That's been a big let downer.

Otherwise it's been an acceptable performance especially engine wise. Pleasantly surprised by Tata service and attention. It's not NEXA, but improved by miles.
srivibhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 18:37   #1228
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Who the hell ruins such a fabulous looking car with red lettering. Some people simply have no taste in life :

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20211128-12.50.22.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 19:42   #1229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellusiv View Post
From the pictures it looks like the showroom has been using the car as their display vehicle.
Did you take it ? A display vehicle is far better than a TD vehicle, though it would have seen some stationary usage. Have known of folks who purchased display vehicles, and have not had any problems due to that type of use by showroom.
Old 30th November 2021, 12:59   #1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Did you take it ? A display vehicle is far better than a TD vehicle, though it would have seen some stationary usage. Have known of folks who purchased display vehicles, and have not had any problems due to that type of use by showroom.
I did actually, got it delivered last Monday. Things have been good so far. Hoping to type up an ownership review as soon as i out some miles on it.

The car had only done around 30 kilometres or so.
ellusiv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks