Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 20:01   #1381
BHPian

Re: Harrier Modifications Done Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post

1. There is a difference in acceleration and low-end pickup post remap. However, I see no difference in the top end. With the help of a larger turbo, the top end can be increased to a great extent. But my doubt is if I put a larger turbo, will the low-end not get affected? It's like this - stock turbo after remap - no difference in the top end and good difference in the low and mid-range. Larger turbo - no low end but increased performance in the mid and top range. How can this be solved?
2. Is it worth upgrading to a performance filter (like BMW, K&N, or anything else) to enhance anything in the top range without affecting the improved low and mid-range?
3. How effective are installing sway bars in a car like Harrier to improve handling and reduce rollover?
4. Will the upgrades like performance spark plugs, stiffened suspension (already harrier's suspension is on the stiffer side), 1 size bigger rims with better tyres (stock comes with 17" rims with Goodyear Wrangler tyres - 235/65/R17), do any improvement in the drivability, handling and performance? If yes, how significant is the change?

I don't want to go with a more aggressive tune (Stage 2 or more). I just want to extract the maximum out of the current stage 1+ with appropriate and reliable hardware upgrades for a significantly improved enthusiastic drive.
Not sure if its helpful but came across a vlog in Malayalam which details prep work for a long drive with the Harrier (BS6) including tyre changes and a remap (21:18 onwards)

kochup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 07:48   #1382
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Bringing down the curtains to the issue of wireless AA, I spoke with the Tata technical team and they have confirmed older models of Harrier which did not have the wireless AA feature will not get it anytime in future. The newer models introduced which comes with the wireless AA do have additional hardware such as antenna, wiring harness and few more things included in the Infotainment system. Enthusiasts call of swapping the infotainment system to get the wireless AA feature will be received by Tata with a lot it nays as according to them the swapping process is quite tedious and not a simple plug and play.

features introductions should ideally be a seamless transition for older models to newer technologies. Tata lags behind here.
I have XZA+DE manufactured in Dec, 21. I took delivery in January and wireless android auto is working since day 1. My mobile is running on the latest android. There are no separate wireless settings. If the bluetooth of the phone is on then the phone connects automatically to the infotainment system and android auto is started on its own. When android auto is working the wireless of the phone gets on automatically.
Old 8th November 2022, 23:58   #1383
BHPian

Tata Safari, Harrier top models now get enhanced ESP, USB-C charging plus more connected tech features.

Tata motors has also hiked the prices of the two SUVs.

Link :

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ed-tech-426276

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 9th November 2022 at 00:02.
XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:03   #1384
GST
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Tata Safari, Harrier top models now get enhanced ESP, USB-C charging plus more connected tech features.

Tata motors has also hiked the prices of the two SUVs.

Link :

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ed-tech-426276
If there is a discussion going on with the dealer about cars that they already had in their stock before the price increased yesterday, will the older prices apply to those cars? They should charge the earlier prices since the older cars- although old by just a couple of weeks- will not have these added features. Just to be sure I will be very thankful for a quick reply from anybody aware of these details. Thanks a lot.
GST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:45   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GST View Post
If there is a discussion going on with the dealer about cars that they already had in their stock before the price increased yesterday, will the older prices apply to those cars? They should charge the earlier prices since the older cars- although old by just a couple of weeks- will not have these added features. Just to be sure I will be very thankful for a quick reply from anybody aware of these details. Thanks a lot.
In general, price at the time of invoicing will apply. Hope your vehicle should not have been invoiced yet and lacks the additional features. So, it will be the dealers call to give for the old price to you. I am sure that they will be offering the vehicle for the old price by offering discount from their margin, as it will be difficult for them to sell the vehicle with out the new features. You can very well demand for the old price or else back off from taking the vehicle.

Last edited by Hickstead : 9th November 2022 at 14:51. Reason: Corrections
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:06   #1386
GST
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
In general, price at the time of invoicing will apply... You can very well demand for the old price or else back off from taking the vehicle.
Thanks very much for your quick and informative reply. I will insist on this after checking the feature list, VIN and invoices of the cars that I have been offered.
Old 12th November 2022, 13:26   #1387
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Bringing down the curtains to the issue of wireless AA, I spoke with the Tata technical team and they have confirmed older models of Harrier which did not have the wireless AA feature will not get it anytime in future.
Went to get side step installed at a showroom in Thane. Was told that a new blaupunkt stereo is approved by tata for harrier info system upgrade. It will come under accessories and will cost around 35K including installation charges. They guy said that he has not installed that yet in any car but should work as they don’t sell 3rd party accessories unless approved by Tata.
curiousnewbie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 16:21   #1388
BHPian

I recently purchased a pre-owned Harrier XT (2019). I didn't get much time to spend with the car & explore all the settings, but one thing that annoys me is the rear view camera guide lines (or reference lines, as they call it in the manual) aren't adaptive (fixed).

I couldn't find any setting to change it. Does anyone know if adaptive guidelines is specific to XZ, or XT should have it too?

Thanks!
Old 8th December 2022, 19:36   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harrier Modifications Done Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I am in no second thought of letting go of my lemon Harrier 2019 model BS4 since I have decided to continue with it for as long as possible and take control of the maintenance with ASS (as long as it is under warranty period) and with an FNG, once the warranty expires (since I have access to a few professional FNG's in my place). Not letting go of course, primarily because of my financial constraints, my strong attitude that "I can fix anything as long as it is man-made" and finally it's a BS4 diesel (I know what is the demand for BS4 diesel cars due to its sheer simplicity and ease of maintenance compared to BS6).

I have now given my car a Stage 1+ remap from one of the most reputed professional experts in India, which significantly increases the power and torque numbers. In fact, we tried 2-3 variations of remap for the reasons mentioned below.

However, I am in a dilemma for a few things that I need our community's input for

1. There is a difference in acceleration and low-end pickup post remap. However, I see no difference in the top end. With the help of a larger turbo, the top end can be increased to a great extent. But my doubt is if I put a larger turbo, will the low-end not get affected? It's like this - stock turbo after remap - no difference in the top end and good difference in the low and mid-range. Larger turbo - no low end but increased performance in the mid and top range. How can this be solved?
2. Is it worth upgrading to a performance filter (like BMW, K&N, or anything else) to enhance anything in the top range without affecting the improved low and mid-range?
3. How effective are installing sway bars in a car like Harrier to improve handling and reduce rollover?
4. Will the upgrades like performance spark plugs, stiffened suspension (already harrier's suspension is on the stiffer side), 1 size bigger rims with better tyres (stock comes with 17" rims with Goodyear Wrangler tyres - 235/65/R17), do any improvement in the drivability, handling and performance? If yes, how significant is the change?

I don't want to go with a more aggressive tune (Stage 2 or more). I just want to extract the maximum out of the current stage 1+ with appropriate and reliable hardware upgrades for a significantly improved enthusiastic drive.

1. Bigger turbo = longer time for turbo to spool and thus greater turbo lag but much better mid- top end. Your torque and HP numbers will have a significant increase. However, the chances of catastrophic engine failure increase greatly unless you make the necessary upgrades to the engine too so it can handle the increased pressure. Low end should be fine since it's a diesel and if it is a variable geometry turbo.

2. Filters are snake oil unless you have already made changes to the engine and exhaust. Your car is already getting enough air for its stock state as is from the factory. No manufacturer builds a car where the air filter is the component holding it back. Once you have gotten the bigger turbo, your car will be requiring more air which is when one of those aftermarket air and intake systems will actually have some benefit.

3. Now that will be an upgrade with good returns. Get the entire suspension upgraded too if you have the budget for it.

4. Your car is a diesel and only petrol engines have spark plugs. Bigger rims will make the ride more uncomfortable but will help you take turns faster. Doubt you will be cornering anywhere near fast enough where this actually makes a difference though unless are at a racetrack/track event.

Get a less restrictive exhaust too after you are done with the engine and turbo mods. Make sure to get the car remapped again after all the hardware mods are done so the software can use the new hardware properly.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 09:26   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Had been to the 3rd service for my Harrier at the TASS, Hebbal in Bangalore and one of the activities done during the servicing was replacing the engine mounting C bolt (I am told there are 3 bolts A, B &C). This was done in accordance to the updation issued by Tata to address the engine vibration issue and is done free of cost. There is a material change in the bolt replaced. A kind of recall but not in that terms. So whenever a job card is opened for a Harrier in TASS, the updation of bolt is done by default.

Any Harrier owner who recently got the car serviced confirm this? Was this mentioned by the TASS in the final invoice.
Old 11th December 2022, 09:31   #1391
MaG
BHPian

Hello folks, anybody who can help me with the service interval of the Harrier? I’m unable to find it.
Old 11th December 2022, 10:13   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Hello folks, anybody who can help me with the service interval of the Harrier? I’m unable to find it.
Where all did you search ?

Check your owners manual for service schedule.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 10:42   #1393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/h...ers_Manual.pdf

Page 183 onwards. Please read the supplied owner’s manual!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 16:45   #1394
BHPian

Has anyone on Team BHP attempted the DIY upgrade of the infotainment system firmware for Harrier 2019?
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:53   #1395
Senior - BHPian

My late father's Harrier (2019, Manual) just crossed 50,000 kms. With no major issues faced till now, we have been more than satisfied with it.

Ever since my father passed away, during the second wave of Covid, his Harrier has largely been unused.

My mother uses it rarely, once or twice a month, to visit relatives. The driver does start it for a couple of minutes every week.

For her nearby runs, our humble Nano AMT is mom's preferred car, which is easier to park and drive around on Noida streets.

My daily run is around 70 kms, Greater Noida <> Noida. Since my Kushaq (1.0 AT) had been munching miles at a very fast pace, I decided to give it a rest and use the Harrier for a while.

I drove it for around 1500 kms, for my daily commute, which is 60% expressway and 40% in the city.

And surprisingly, I got a pretty good mileage.*

In a tank full, I managed to do 1000 KMs, comfortably. By comfortably, I mean, never did I use the Eco mode. I did use sport mode several times
What was constant, the cruising speed was 80-90 on the expressway and I changed gears around 1500-1700 rpm, always. And I always drove sedately when the engine was cold.

Using the same driving pattern, I consistently get a 900-950 kms range in my Kushaq.

In all, I am really pleased with the Harrier, but since it's a manual, I will now go back to my Kushaq.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-20230203_100611.jpg  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20230203_100637.jpg  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20230203_100646.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks