Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2019, 12:55   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
While heart says Harrier, Tata is doing all it can to push me towards the Hector.
60K for a dual tone would be too much. Harrier needs AT and AWD and would be amazing if it can incorporate 4WD.

I would either pick the Harrier or the Seltos. I will certainly wait and see how things go for MG and how are its products.

Going by first impression which we see at online reviews, things aren't great.
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 13:04   #197
BHPian

Now we know why Tata hurried with the launch of harrier, if they had launched it after hector or seltos, no one would find anything premium over the new launches. Now the new launches are compared to harrier on design language aspect. Did tata succeed with first mover advantage, lets wait for the sales numbers.

I definitely want Tata to succeed here, but seeing more Venues (launched way later) than harriers on road. I know different segments but still?
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 17:19   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
60K for a dual tone would be too much. Harrier needs AT and AWD and would be amazing if it can incorporate 4WD.

I would either pick the Harrier or the Seltos. I will certainly wait and see how things go for MG and how are its products.

Going by first impression which we see at online reviews, things aren't great.
I believe that MG Hector will be king of sales. Buyers in this segment are willing to go with a new brand. Hats of to Hector's pricing.
Harrier will be the safe buyer's preference. Even though the dual tone's price isn't justified
Old 30th June 2019, 17:50   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
60k? For dual tone? Wow. That's a gutsy move Tata.
Probably a typo. This makes more sense -

"Sources have confirmed that at an additional cost of around Rs 22,000, buyers can spec their Harrier with a dual exterior colour scheme. Our sources also mention that the option will most likely to be available in the top of the line XZ trim, however it could also be offered in the XT model."

Source

Tata Harrier : Official Review-maxresdefault.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-tataharriersilverblackdualtonekraznexonpricelaunch5.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-images-1.jpeg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-tataharrierdualtone660x440.jpg

These are probably going to be the dual tone combos as indicated by their respective advertisements. Like you said, let's see whether Tata can surprise us for a change.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 00:11   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I think you answered the question. This was used during IPL to ferry players around.

They used a few in every city for branding and most were used for transport by IPL. It was the official fleet car.
It had IPL branding, just a small sticker on the D pillar exactly like the one in the pic below and according to rush lane TATA had shipped Harriers with such IPL sticker to dealerships for sale.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rus...05777.html/amp
Tata Harrier : Official Review-tataharriernamebadgeiplsticker.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Let me give some clarity. In Rajasthan, before you get a Black Board the car needs to be registered and presented to RTO with a yellow board. This is the exact time it must have been clicked. Later they give Black Board. I don't believe a premium product like Harrier will be out in Yellow Board for time to come!
This pic was taken a day prior to when I posted it, and it was also the new IPL edition Harrier so can't be the case you stated. It was still being used as a cab most probably.

Sorry for back to back posts, would request admin to merge them.

I checked the vehicle details and the registration date is May 24, 2019 and the IPL 2019 final was held on May 12, 2019 so this car was definitely not used in IPL and neither it fits the Rajasthan RTO case, so it is definitely a TAXI Harrier as evident from the RC details below which states vehicle class as motor cab and permit type as tourist permit.
This is neither an IPL vehicle nor a RTO case but is actually a Harrier Cab with an all India Tourist Permit. Hence it can be safely assumed that Harrier is now available with yellow plates and can be registered as a cab.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-screenshot_20190701005846__01.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st July 2019 at 07:45. Reason: As requested
wrongturn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 09:40   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I checked the vehicle details and the registration date is May 24, 2019 and the IPL 2019 final was held on May 12, 2019 so this car was definitely not used in IPL and neither it fits the Rajasthan RTO case, so it is definitely a TAXI Harrier as evident from the RC details below which states vehicle class as motor cab and permit type as tourist permit.
This is neither an IPL vehicle nor a RTO case but is actually a Harrier Cab with an all India Tourist Permit. Hence it can be safely assumed that Harrier is now available with yellow plates and can be registered as a cab.
While the registration date shows May 24th, you can see the car was running well before that as the insurance shows valid till April 2020. Secondly the road tax (probably the temp road tax was paid till april 2019).

Thirdly the registered company is Orix which is a fleet management company most likely employed by Tata motors for the IPL partnership.

The cars will not be white board registered to Tata or IPL but would obviously leased to some fleet management company.

Ofcourse this is again my PoV but in the end whether taxi or not doesn't matter. Companies like Orix are really big fleet management with corporate tie ups with many firms so it's not like a manufacturer can say no cause this would be a direct Tata motors deal and not dealer.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 16:10   #202
BHPian

The fact that the Harrier is still a novelty on Pune's roads is proof that Tata has yet again messed up the launch and marketing for a good product. I work 10mins away from the Pune TML plant and I seldom see a Harrier on the roads. Usually Tata tier 1 suppliers are quick to buy Tata cars to cement their relationship with their counterparts in TML. The marketing blitz seized after the January launch and I haven't seen a TV/newspaper ad during the on going WC. Why Tata?

The excellent Hexa paid a price for a poor product visibility among the masses and it seems Harrier is on the same path. 99% of people I speak to look bewildered when I mention its strengths. Hector and Seltos will grab the eyeballs for all the valid/invalid reasons and Harrier will be left to pick up the pieces. Anybody can get a dual tone wrap done from the aftermarket and it is hardly a reason to generate hype.

So once again Tata:
- When are we getting the autobox on the Harrier?

- When are we getting a sunroof and other goodies on the Harrier?

- Is the BS6 compliant Harrier going to sport the 170HP engine spec?
- 4x4?? Cassini??

- Is the Hexa ever going to get BS6 compliance?

You can't expect people to wait until AutoExpo every year for these details.

/rant over.
yd_gli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 17:09   #203
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
TATA Harrier spotted sporting yellow plates. This happens eventually to every car but it's is a little early specially for a premium offering from TATA.
Tata Motors drops an email:
Quote:
Please note, this vehicle belongs to a self drive company. As per regulations, a vehicle has to be first registered as a yellow permit vehicle, and post that a self-drive registration approval has to be taken from the govt. authorities. Attached is the image of the number plate for your reference.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-photo20190629134653.jpg
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:00   #204
Senior - BHPian

Hola guys,
Anyone know how to cancel the online booking? I had paid 30K towards the Harrier the day bookings opened, I was hoping Harrier would launch with the AT, but not to be. Even now there is no news of when the AT would be available. I do not want to wait anymore, hence want to cancel my booking.

TIA
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:59   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier Dual Tone launched at ₹ 16.76 lakh( ex. showroom Del.)

Dual-tone paint schemes are now available with the top-end Tata Harrier XZ, at a premium of Rs 20,000.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-2.png

There are two dual-tone options to choose from – Calisto Copper with a black roof, and Orcus White with a black roof.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd July 2019 at 11:07.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:38   #206
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier Dual Tone launched at Rs. 16.75 lakh

The Tata Harrier is now available in a dual-tone colour scheme. It is only available on the top-spec XZ variant and is priced at Rs. 16,75,755 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Tata Harrier : Official Review-harrierdt1.png

The Tata Harrier was launched in January 2019. It is based on the Land Rover-derived OMEGA platform and features a Tata's Impact Design 2.0 styling. It has split headlamps with slim LED daytime running lights and a dual-tone front bumper with a silver scuff plate. It has slim wraparound tail lights and dual-tone bumper at the rear. The dual-tone version gets a black roof, A-pillars and ORVMs.

The Harrier is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 138 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 350 Nm of torque @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and comes with three driving modes - Eco, City and Sport. The SUV also gets three Terrain Response Modes - Normal, Rough and Wet.

The Harrier Dual Tone is only available with two colour options - Calisto Copper and Orcus White.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:43   #207
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier Dual Tone launched at Rs. 16.75 lakh

I guess people at Tata Motors are unaware of what's happening in the market. What they need at the moment are AT's and not dual tone colors. With Hector having amassed 10k+ bookings with 70% of them being AT's, Tata should bring AT's else it will be too little too late.
NAVREVV is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:47   #208
BHPian

Tata, you have to bring in diesel+AT not dual tone paint schemes.

Hector doesn't have a diesel auto, Compass diesel auto is overpriced, XUV is available with a top end auto ( IIRC ) but it has many other problems like it being a very old car and the interior quality not being as good as the competition, and the creta is not available in the top end trim with an autobox, Tata can occupy that void with a more refined product with a diesel auto combo.

Who makes decisions like these when their market position is threatened from every side? What are they smoking?

Last edited by SaiSW : 2nd July 2019 at 11:48.
SaiSW is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:58   #209
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Tata, you have to bring in diesel+AT not dual tone paint schemes.
---------
Who makes decisions like these when their market position is threatened from every side? What are they smoking?

All that Tata might be working in behind the curtains (or not) but with the Hector being the talk of the town, Tata just wanted to be part of news and sort of being relevant by launching this dual tone Harrier.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd July 2019 at 12:48. Reason: Trimming entire large Quote. Thanks.
sandhyab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:18   #210
BHPian

A petrol variant is missing as well. A big chunk of potential buyers is straight away lost due to the 'Only diesel' offering from TATA while its direct rival MG Hector offers both petrol and diesel engines in combination with hybrid 48V technology. Sunroof is also being missed for sure while its rival has such key features in place making it easier for a buyer to decide.

Though harrier has created a huge fan base with its future-ready design and by the pre-launch hype, the car has failed to hang on to the same hype after its launch due to several reasons.

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks