Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:22   #211
BANNED

Re: Tata Harrier Dual Tone launched at Rs. 16.75 lakh

If I remember correctly, the earlier clamour was for a dual tone offering of the Harrier from Tata Motors; now that it is available, it is being pooh poohed as inconsequential. If only car making was as easy as rolling out parathas and as cheap !
fiestarry is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:41   #212
BHPian

It is high time the Harrier did a "Hector"! Being the most handsome and futuristically styled crossover in its class, there was never an inkling of doubt regarding the looks of the harrier and if at all they wished to do something to improve the looks, a more adventurously styled alloy wheel design is what is needed. The Hector has all bases covered, from the massive panoramic sunroof, to the option of a petrol hybrid power plant and an Automatic transmission. The hector also has three pointed seatbelts for all passengers, unlike the harrier which has a lap belt that hangs like a "nada of a pyjama" for the middle seat passenger at the rear. Also, as brilliantly pointed out in the official team bhp review of harrier, the ever prominent Tata niggles and panel gap inconsistencies should be addressed pronto. Come on Tata. Don't sleep!
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:42   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
If I remember correctly, the earlier clamour was for a dual tone offering of the Harrier from Tata Motors; now that it is available, it is being pooh poohed as inconsequential. If only car making was as easy as rolling out parathas and as cheap !
Imo, the need was always for the diesel auto. The issues with the paint schemes were just a small issue and most dealers themselves introduced DT options at a price.

I honestly couldn't care if it is offered in DT or not, it has killer looks and imo, looks way more butch and imposing than the Hector, XUV or Creta. A diesel auto combo would've sealed it for many.

I know several potential harrier owners who shied away from the car after knowing that the diesel auto will take its own sweet time. They were aware of the fit and finish issues and were okay with it.
SaiSW is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:43   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

The Autocar article on the launch of the Harrier dual tone also points out that a more powerful (170hp) BS6 version of the Harrier is set to arrive soon as well as the Auto version with the Hyundai sourced transmission. Cannot wait for the Auto Launch, this should fill a vacuum in this category and can get some good numbers for the Harrier in spite of the Hector offensive. I also hope TATA fix the issue with the dashboard trim fouling with the knee. Although it seems a minor point, it is the only one that would be a showstopper for me with the Harrier.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...76-lakh-413323
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:28   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hola guys,
Anyone know how to cancel the online booking? I had paid 30K towards the Harrier the day bookings opened, I was hoping Harrier would launch with the AT, but not to be. Even now there is no news of when the AT would be available. I do not want to wait anymore, hence want to cancel my booking.

TIA
You will have to get the refund from the dealer you selected while booking online. The amount is transferred to the dealers directly after booking. I had also cancelled my booking of Harrier. I just requested the dealer (Hartron Motors, Gurgaon) to cancel the booking. They asked for (1) PAN Card copy (2) a Cancelled cheque. After I submitted those, the refund cheque was ready within two weeks.
shashankjain16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:04   #216
BHPian

The things Harrier lacks are -
1. A Diesel AT
2. A revv happy Petrol
3. Black color. IMO it will look stunning in black, (agreed looks are subjective).
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:15   #217
Senior - BHPian

TML is already running sleepless nights as they are the biggest looser in terms of MoM sales. The average sales across all manufacturers is down by 18%, M&M has recorded an overall increase in sales whereas Tata reported 27% reduction in shipments to dealers during the same period.

TML is not even able to dovetail its sales with market dynamics. Offering such trims and expecting a sudden spurt in sales would be difficult. Yes it has met the requirements of some of the buyers but a lot is expected from Harrier in terms of features taking the convenience to the next level.

This segment has different expectations from product which the competition is taking care; Tata is obliged to do the needful.
i74js is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:31   #218
BHPian

Looks like Tata is helpless, if anyone who's going to get bigger impact of the new entrants it will be Tata. They have good lineup in hands but they refuse to come all guns blazing whilst the competition is going miles ahead. Harrier got all the initial frenzy but it is going away too soon for them.

Just look at the new product Seltos which is coming with 3 types of AT and Harrier is yet to get one with no proper timeline atleast. They better realise soon before it goes out of their hands and looks to me like it's already happening. I don't want to go into the debate for the necessity of a sunroof but these days a product is definitely considered premium if it has a sunroof which is why Hector opted for a panoramic one. Gee, how hard is to get one sunroof from factory. Adding much to the mockery their sales team is propaganding "The all new avatar" for this dual tone. One could only pity at this pathetic situation.
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:18   #219
BHPian

This is very Maruti ish.. When ever a car company launches a new car/ facelift, Maruti will come up with sticker jobs and also call it as limited edition

I can consider a Harrier over Hector, provided they offer me the following:

1. Diesel Automatic
2. Captain seats for the middle row
3. Panoramic Sun roof

added to this they have to sort out the niggles and rough edges present in the existing car.

I'm not going to buy the harrier just for the dual tone color. I have already taken a test drive of Harrier and I liked the car very much. In a casual chat with my SA, he informed me that TATA has asked to collate the inquiries pertaining to automatic. He also said automatic may come out before Diwali.
Old 2nd July 2019, 17:08   #220
BHPian

Slightly off topic, how easy / difficult is it to replace bench seats with captain seats?
Old 2nd July 2019, 19:09   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Tata, you have to bring in diesel+AT not dual tone paint schemes.
Who makes decisions like these when their market position is threatened from every side? What are they smoking?
Echo your statements...you need a Automatic now to take harrier to the next levels...just harping around with your ad-music will not work....

Also check on engine noise damping, seemed to be a tad higher compared to competition......
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 19:44   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the biggest day in the Indian Automotive history! "Dual Tone" Harrier! Kudos to Tata Motors for pulling this off well ahead of the BS6 deadline! I don't think competition is anywhere near launching the dual tone.

The dimwits at Mahindra and Mahindra have been wasting their time on silly things like Automatic Transmission!!

Come on Mahindra, who needs Automatic Transmissions? Dual Tone is what the world needs! Get your act together, will you?

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2019 at 08:14. Reason: Spacing
anandpadhye is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 20:00   #223
BHPian

With a slew of SUV launches continuing to happen and the competition heating up, as a consumer the first thing I look for as an urban commuter that has a diesel leaning is the autobox (of any kind AMT, DCT, CVT etc.).
I am not sure what percentage of sales are achieved in the urban regions compared to semi-urban and rural markets (though this would be a good view to have and hopefully someone here has the data to create this), but most urban locations in India are dealing with increasing traffic and an autobox is what would be on top of the requirements list. Amaze diesel CVT sales is a prime indicator of the demand if Tata wanted to see one, and to not prioritize this while the product was in development is a BIG miss and to not bring it sooner into the market considering the ever increasing competition is a sure shot way of getting lost in this overcrowded or soon to be overcrowded market.

When as a layman most of us can sense this I always wonder what are those who are being paid to make these decisions doing, are they really out of touch with the market?

On that note, here's someone hoping for a Harrier with an Auto transmission to hit the roads soon, I can achieve the dual tone anyways by spending a few bucks at the local 3M shop so I am definitely not impressed.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 21:49   #224
BHPian

There are a few things I'd like to point here

1) Everyone wanted the dual tone variant when the Harrier was launched.
2) Not many were complaining about the missing AT at the time of launch, I remember reading more comments about the missing dual tone variant than the missing AT.
3) Everyone wants a AT now since the Hector has it.
4) We got the car way too early, so now it's up to us that we wait. Maybe if they had launched the car on the planned time we'd have got an AT straight out of factory.

Not mean to point fingers at anyone, Tata should have made better plans with a car as important as the Harrier. But then it's high time we the "market" get our minds straight about what we want. I know people's mindset change with each new product launch, but then I feel the market should be a bit patient.
Tanveer02 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 04:03   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
There are a few things I'd like to point here

1) Everyone wanted the dual tone variant when the Harrier was launched.
2) Not many were complaining about the missing AT at the time of launch, I remember reading more comments about the missing dual tone variant than the missing AT.
3) Everyone wants a AT now since the Hector has it.
4) We got the car way too early, so now it's up to us that we wait. Maybe if they had launched the car on the planned time we'd have got an AT straight out of factory.
1. I think your first point is self explanatory. Yes everyone wanted the dual tone when it was launched but not "In a new avatar" after all these months.

2. Missing AT has been echoed quite a lot since beginning in this forum and also to almost every post on the Harrier social media handle.

3. Hector has many other features Superior to Harrier but all those are not expected, AT is the need of the hour.

4. It is now perceived that Tata rushed the Harrier launch before Hector or Seltos because it would seem feature depleted had it been launched later.

Expectation from Tata motors especially from Harrier will be high because everyone is pleasantly astonished and in love with it's design. Ride and handling ain't bad either except for a few niggles on some cars. People root for good players to win the game. It's just like knowing Dhoni can hit huge sixes but still opting to play defense in destitution
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks