Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 11:25   #271
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Tata Harrier Gets Improvements To NVH, Touchscreen, Steering & Clutch

"the automaker has now silently rolled out updates for the SUV that iron out most niggles. According to a leaked document, Tata Motors has made revisions to the NVH levels, touchscreen system, steering response and the clutch.

Tata Harrier include an updated infotainment system that now receives the R10.X software update that promises to resolve the glitches.

Tata has also worked improving the steering response on the SUV that will now be responsive and will offer better feel and feedback. The steering feel has also been made more responsive at low speeds. Lastly, the automaker has reportedly made the clutch action lighter and should reduce effort on the left leg, which will certainly help in stop-and-go traffic conditions. "

Source : https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-harr...from=home-auto

Last edited by zaveed : 15th July 2019 at 11:26.
zaveed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 17:04   #272
Senior - BHPian

New Dual Tone Color for Harrier (Not official one though ). Trying to match Land Rover.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190715-9.34.02-pm-3.jpeg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190715-9.34.02-pm.jpeg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190715-9.34.02-pm-2.jpeg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190715-9.34.02-pm-1.jpeg

Last edited by fusionbang : 16th July 2019 at 17:07.
fusionbang is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 17:21   #273
BHPian

This what you call a red hot or smoking hot car. Love the implementation. It's high time now, manufacturers should add some spice to the existing looks/paint job of their cars.
Storm2.0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 09:56   #274
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-harrie...-12317193.html

Quote:
You either want a sunroof or not. For those who’ve wanted a sunroof on Tata harrier, the wait is now over. While a detailed price list is not available rightaway, Tata harrier with sunroof fitment is now approved by the company and will soon be launched.

In the face of safety concerns, much needed headroom, and cost concerns, a fixed sunroof over a sliding one is most likely. Harrier launch piqued much interest, and Tata Motors has played it smart by offering a feature rich car, while still holding back.
ihrishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 16:03   #275
BHPian

We booked our Tata Harrier XZ on 26 June 2019 and took delivery by the late hours of 16 July 2019. The Harrier replaced the Duster RXZ and now shares the garage with my Grand i10 Asta. The entire delivery process went smoothly and being in the late hours of the day (8:30PM) most of the staff had gone home and I couldn't get the mudflaps and a few accessories because the godown area was closed. Saved those jobs for a later date.

INITIAL OBSERVATION

I first saw the car parked in their parking area with the sticker "Sold" on the windshield. It was a Calisto Copper Harrier but I wasn't sure if it was ours or not. Upon asking, was confirmed about the same. Took a walk around the car, peeped through the windows, tried to smell the paint cos I was too damn excited

PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION

Made a PDI list from the TeamBHP thread and wrote down a few pointers specific to the Harrier that I picked up from the official review. Here are my observations as follows:

1) They fixed the misalignment of numbers on the gear lever. They aren't crooked anymore.
2) All the uneven gaps around the body are 70 to 80% fixed (the door shut lines, the place where the front doorpads meet the dashboard etc only to name a few). Even the speedo needle was resting at 0KMPH like normally. However, the rear tail lamp and boot area still has the uneven gap, though not like the ones on the first batch of cars. General public won't notice these places of un-uniformity. But I for instance, was looking for the faults, so I noticed.
3) The handbrake still has a very flimsy feel to it.
4) Paint was chipping off from the place where the tail lamp ends inside the boot.
5) Some places of badly cut plastics still exist (the horn pad for example)
6) Checked the body for any repair and paint works. Damages during transit are common. Passed.
7) Checked all the electronic gizmos, switched and levers. Passed.
8) Checked the date of manufacture on the tyres. (May first week manuf.)

Now comes the real question, is Harrier buyable now or is it plagued by the fit and finish issues of the first batch? I'd say yes, it's buyable. Upon completion of the PDI, I came up with a conclusion that 75% of the issues related to fit and finish are fixed. My car is May 01 2019 assembled and I can imagine the newly assembled ones having almost no issues. And with Tata fixing up the faults on the already sold cars, I indeed see a very good future for one of the most loved SUVs of India in the recent years.

INITIAL DRIVING IMPRESSIONS

Drove the car for around 200 kilometres since delivery. I always liked the punch of the 2.0 Kryotech, which is a MJD in disguise. Overtaking maneuvers are effortless. With the car on sport mode and traction control switched on, you don't need to worry a dime. Foot the accelerator pedal and she goes zooming leaving everything in the rearview mirror. However, the clutch action is a bit too sharp for my liking. Stalled the car twice yesterday and was finding it hard to find the sweet spot of the clutch (the co- passenger would go for a slight head toss while disengaging the clutch). The steering feel and feedback is exactly as mentioned in the official review, but is something I have got used to. It's not a point and shoot affair like most cars, it needs the driver's precision on high speeds. The doorpads do vibrate while playing songs with heavy bass but the easy fix is that I've turned down the bass in the equaliser settings since I've always enjoyed my songs without the extra boom boom effect. The doors will get damping in the future. I found that the ride quality is mature, and coming from the Duster, I was worried about this aspect, but I am yet to give the final verdict on it since I've only driven the car on well paved city roads for now. The body roll is also very negligible around the corners.

While driving the car, there's one thing for sure and that is ATTENTION. The Harrier gets attention and tons of it. Bikers and bystanders turn their heads when it passes by, and I kind of enjoy it since it's a very new experience to me. While refueling at the fuel bunk, a mini crowd gathered around the car with their own set of questions. Everyone loves the Harrier and it being a car from an Indian manufacturer is another icing on the cake.

There are a few upgrades and accessories that I plan on installing. Door damping and front parking sensors being the first on the list.

A FEW PHOTOS FROM THE DELIVERY NIGHT

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20180905070453_img_880501.jpg
Receiving the owners manual and keys

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20180905070653_img_881001.jpg
Dad offering his prayers before starting the journey back home

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20180905070822_img_881601.jpg
All set to leave

Last edited by Tanveer02 : 18th July 2019 at 16:08.
Tanveer02 is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 14:17   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier will be introduced with an AT box and a sunroof in Q1 2020.

Quote:
A new spy shot sent to us shows the model sans camouflage being tested on outskirts of Bengaluru.

While the model does look quite similar to the production-spec Harrier that’s already on sale, a closer look reveals that this particular test mule is also fitted with a sunroof, something that is not currently available on the Harrier straight from the factory.

Additionally, the test car had stickers confirming that this is a BS6-compliant model and is equipped with an automatic gearbox.
Tata Harrier : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-2.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 20th July 2019 at 00:23. Reason: typo fixed
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 14:44   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tbhp members right now -

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20190719_143832.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 20th July 2019 at 06:24. Reason: Quoted text edited
jailbird_fynix is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:26   #278
BHPian

Quote:
That's a puny sunroof for a car of that size. Am in love with the panoramic one offered in the Compass. If you have a sunroof, have panaromic ones. These small keyholes will not solve any purpose and add to the cost. Just my opinion!

Last edited by Aditya : 20th July 2019 at 06:25. Reason: Quoted text edited
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:52   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
That's a puny sunroof for a car of that size. Am in love with the panoramic one offered in the Compass. If you have a sunroof, have panaromic ones. These small keyholes will not solve any purpose and add to the cost. Just my opinion!
A panoramic sunroof costs a lot and adds weight. Also quite possible that the Harrier was not designed for one for cost and structural considerations. Tata may not get the production volumes to justify this cost. Redesigning the roof pressing to accommodate the sunroof mechanism was easier.

The Jeep is exported hence there might be demand outside India

Last edited by ajmat : 19th July 2019 at 20:44.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 18:07   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Tbhp members right now -

Attachment 1896221
I would go with the Harrier Diesel AT with or without sunroof!

MG also has quality issues and I believe spare parts will be more difficult to get now as they have production capacity restrains and Seltos doesn't even have 6 airbags, and hence not worthy of the price, whatever the price will be.

Tata has one thing going for it, Safety!!

I consider Tata Motors as the new VW for India!

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 19th July 2019 at 18:20.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 18:52   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Harrier will be introduced with an AT box and a sunroof in Q1 2019.
Hope they launch some new colors (RED pretty please) with the AT.
I am ready to book it already!
Old 19th July 2019, 19:42   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Tbhp members right now -
A 170HP Harrier with an autobox and Tata can have my money now. I saw a dark grey Harrier on the road yesterday and I instinctively picked up my phone and asked the Bafna Motors sales rep on when the autobox is coming. The car looked super and I can't wait for the autobox to come out. Unfortunately, he said there is no info on it as yet. This piece of news is great! I'd get a Tata anyday over an MG or Kia.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 20:17   #283
BHPian

Spotted this near Dharwad, on Belgaum highway.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20190719_201407.jpg

Mods: Please move it to appropriate thread.
I am not sure where it would belong.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 21:00   #284
Team-BHP Support

TATA Harrier celebrates 10,000 customers -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 21:50   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Spotted this near Dharwad, on Belgaum highway.

Attachment 1896286

Mods: Please move it to appropriate thread.
I am not sure where it would belong.
I don't think that's the Harrier. That looks more like the Buzzard/Cassini, the 7 seater version of the Harrier.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
karthi.stark is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed