Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 12:23   #511
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupdeb View Post
According to a report on Rushlane, Tata Motors is rolling out a new ECU and Infotainment system update on Harrier that is aimed to improve the NVH level of the car. This is supposedly the second round of software update the car is receiving. Owners can contact the service center and get their steed updated if it is available and share their experience. Cheers.

Regards,
Debrup

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/tata-harrie...-12323996.html
I got my Orcus White Harrier XZ delivered yesterday which is July manufactured. As per the TATA Dealer's PDI team, all the latest updates and patches are already present in the Vehicle and nothing had to be done at the dealership level for the July manufactured Harrier (they checked in their internal system by punching the VIN).

Since it is in the run-in period did not revved it beyond 2.2k rpms, up-to which the NVH was better than my 8 year old 2nd Gen SWIFT. Also have not taken any high speed runs to test the infamous steering feedback issue.

Along with mine, one other Orcus White Harrier arrived at the Raipur Dealership which was also July manufactured. Two dark editions also arrived which were August and September manufactured.

The July manufactured Harriers were not available in the dealership stockyard but had arrived from factory only a day before, which shows that unsold inventory lying at the factory.
beast_within is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 12:33   #512
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier with panoramic sunroof, new alloys spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Cool! Do keep in mind that the Tucson on sale here is due for a facelift since a while now. Its expected to get a facelift within a couple of months or so. The facelift is expected to bring a truck load of exterior as well as cabin changes & won't be just sticker jobs. Make sure you are okay to have a newer car on sale immediately after you get yours', before handing over the cheque.
Thanks! That is exactly what I am trying to play to my advantage. While I will never pay the current sticker price for the Tuscon, good discounts make it a lot more value for money.
Even the current model looks good and is something I can live with for a long term. I am sure the company has stock which they soon will need to get rid of and that plays in my favour.

Am willing to wait till that happens.
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 21:24   #513
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier with panoramic sunroof, new alloys spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
The major chink in the Harrier armour is the absence of automatic. I visited the a Tata showroom today and the sales guy told me the auto gearbox is delayed and may be available only by April 2020 with BS6 engine. He said the auto was delayed probably due to the fact that the transmission is sourced from Hyundai and Hyundai wanted some breathing space for the KIA Seltos launch and delayed providing the gearbox to Tata.
Sorry mate but that's not true. The real reason for the delay in Harrier Auto launch is the fact that it is coming with 170 hp engine whose calibration is different as compared to the current 140 hp tune. So the delay is caused because of time taken by Fiat powertrain to get the calibration right for the gearbox and engine combo.

Also my sources tell me that Hyundai has been extremely proactive and helpful as far as delivering the gearbox is concerned but the lethargy is shown by Fiat powertrain. This is the real cause of delay.
ram87pune is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 10:13   #514
BHPian

Harrier owners can you confirm if you have received spare set of headlamp bulbs. I took the delivery of the vehicle last week and have not received any spare set of headlamp bulbs.
beast_within is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 14:34   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Harrier owners can you confirm if you have received spare set of headlamp bulbs. I took the delivery of the vehicle last week and have not received any spare set of headlamp bulbs.
Becoming a norm. I suspect the showrooms are siphoning these off into their spares stocks. I didn't get the spares on my Nexon last month. I didn't get the spare bulbs on the Alto K10 2 years back either. Delivery booklets in both cases had mention of the spare bulb. But delivery representatives said its not given by the company anymore.

Anyway - the stock Osram halogen bulbs are quite useless anyway. I replaced my bulbs & so now have 2 original bulbs as spare for emergencies. Does your trim come with HID bulbs? Generally cars with HID bulbs don't come with spares as a trend that I have seen so far.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 14:50   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Becoming a norm. I suspect the showrooms are siphoning these off into their spares stocks. I didn't get the spares on my Nexon last month. I didn't get the spare bulbs on the Alto K10 2 years back either. Delivery booklets in both cases had mention of the spare bulb. But delivery representatives said its not given by the company anymore.

Anyway - the stock Osram halogen bulbs are quite useless anyway. I replaced my bulbs & so now have 2 original bulbs as spare for emergencies. Does your trim come with HID bulbs? Generally cars with HID bulbs don't come with spares as a trend that I have seen so far.
Even I had got the spare set on my earlier purchases from MSIL. Those were some unknown brand.

On the harrier the low beam has HIDs while High beam had H7 size halogens not sure about the brand though. Illumination has been decent enough, haven't tried in the rains yet.

The Harrier user manual is silent on the Spare bulbs. The extract of the user manual is as below. Is delivery booklet different from User Manual?
Tata Harrier : Official Review-capture.jpg
Old 5th October 2019, 15:06   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Even I had got the spare set on my earlier purchases from MSIL. Those were some unknown brand.
No, actually I was saying I did NOT get spare bulbs for my Maruti just about 2 years ago. For my Vista I had got identical spares from Osram. 1 H7 low beam and 1 H1 high beam. Perhaps it would be good to tweet Tata Motors & ask them what should really be expected. If they end up confirming the bulbs should be given - well dealerships really have a lot to learn about social media.

Delivery booklet = a delivery details page in the "Tata Motors - Swagat" kit that you must have received. Its a very good structured folder. Look for the delivery items page in it. You must have signed a copy of it at the time of delivery.

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th October 2019 at 15:08.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 15:12   #518
BHPian

Quote:

Delivery booklet = a delivery details page in the "Tata Motors - Swagat" kit that you must have received. Its a very good structured folder. Look for the delivery items page in it. You must have signed a copy of it at the time of delivery.
Did not receive any such kit. Will speak to the Sales Advisor. regarding the booklet. I was neither made to sign a copy of the same. They just had a feedback form which was filled and signed by my wife while I was busy with the final inspection.
Old 7th October 2019, 15:23   #519
BHPian

Tata Harrier Petrol and Automatic variant launch sooner than we expect? Updated news from indianautomotive IG page!

Tata Harrier : Official Review-capture.png
VOLANTE is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:50   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLANTE View Post
Tata Harrier Petrol and Automatic variant launch sooner than we expect? Updated news from indianautomotive IG page!

Attachment 1921093
Did not find this news anywhere else. Great if this is true. Have been waiting for the Harrier Automatic.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 16:44   #521
BHPian

Quote:
If this is true - its music to my ears. While the Tuscon negotiations continue; it will be a welcome option if it comes with the pano sunroof!
ihrishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 18:14   #522
Senior - BHPian

Amazing turn around. What has changed for the Harrier? Have customers (who were waiting for all launches) looked at Seltos and Hector, and have decided? Are there any offers on the the model?

Quote:
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 18:38   #523
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
What has changed for the Harrier?
Probably the dispatches for Harrier Dark edition.

Dispatch figure is up to 941 units as against 635 units of the previous month.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th October 2019 at 18:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 19:10   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Probably the dispatches for Harrier Dark edition.

Dispatch figure is up to 941 units as against 635 units of the previous month.
In addition, there was a 65k discount on the Harrier, which may have given the additional sales.
rkv_hunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 17:17   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mate but that seems to be just another clickbait article. Just confirmed from my sources that Harrier Petrol is coming not before 2022. Reason being it's a completely new and inhouse developed 1.6 ltr GDI engine which is also turbocharged. Will post the specs as soon as I get them.

But the auto and other updates are coming with BS6 early next year.
ram87pune is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks