Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 10:13   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Does Jeep Compass and Hector have DPF in its current avatar or shall be introduced with the BS-6 versions?
Compass Trailhawk - Yes
Hector - probably No

I'm not sure if the Mjd2.0 is BSIV compliant without a DPF. Need to check.

However, DPF is a component in the exhaust system, not the engine. More in line with the cat-con.

Last edited by Reinhard : 31st October 2019 at 10:19.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 10:19   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
However, DPF is a component in the exhaust system, not the engine. More in line with the cat-con.
Extremely layperson question - what does DPF do? benefits/advantages/disadvantages?

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 22:08. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 31st October 2019, 10:20   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
Extremely layperson question - what does DPF do? benefits/advantages/disadvantages?
Diesel Particulate Filter. It is responsoble to catch the particulate matter - primarily the black soot that diesels blow and we see as "smoke".
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 10:28   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Although DPF is in the exhaust system, the regeneration process does involve the engine to run in a different state of tune for a while periodically; another fuel map for this process may be? Not sure.
Old 31st October 2019, 11:09   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Although DPF is in the exhaust system, the regeneration process does involve the engine to run in a different state of tune for a while periodically; another fuel map for this process may be? Not sure.
It depends on what type of DPF is used actually. Some cars simply have a disposable DPF. I think Ford 1.5 TDCi used a DPF like that in the 1st gen Figo. They are basically like vacuum cleaner bags . They filter & accumulate the soot/ash. Once they are "full" - they are to be removed & replaced with a new one. Generally a part of a routine service schedule in such cars.

Others (more modern for latest emission norms) use catalyst based DPFs. These are the ones we'll see using the now well known "AdBlu". Its far more complicated, still a part of the exhaust system. The DPF uses the catalyst to actually heat & burn the soot further. Like you said - some engines use an extra map used selectively for higher revving & direct fuel injection into exhaust to react with the catalyst & burn the soot. This gets triggered when the system senses the DPF to be full & needing a burn.

Ah and then there are the metal-fiber-mesh types. They don't need any fuel or engine map but an electric connection. They simply heat up red & burn the residue.

Last edited by Reinhard : 31st October 2019 at 11:37.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 13:19   #576
Team-BHP Support

Harrier is now available with a discount of Rs 65000/-

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 18:36   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Harrier is now available with a discount of Rs 65000/-
This has been there for quite a while- INR 50,000 Exchange Bonus and "Upto" INR 15,000 of Corporate Discount.
Old 1st November 2019, 20:43   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteddriver View Post
Doesnt look like this is the case, I may be wrong too. After seeing the unit in my car, a person working for Harman confirmed performing various testing for this device. The moment she saw the unit in my car, she asked me "Isn't it a Harman system" and said that her team had done extensive testing of it. Leaves me confused.
Just confirmed from my sources that the system in the Harrier is completely Visteon and as mentioned earlier, the earliest prototypes of the Harrier were running the Harman system.
ram87pune is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 22:43   #579
BHPian

Quote:
This has been there for quite a while- INR 50,000 Exchange Bonus and "Upto" INR 15,000 of Corporate Discount.
Most likely trying to clear BSIV stock
Old 5th November 2019, 21:17   #580

Just got the infotainment updated with version 11.
It is not officially released by Tata Motors. I have got it from an engineer working with Harman.
It shall be released officially in 2-3 months.
I must say now the infotainment is glitch free except for voice command calling.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20191105_192513.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 22:08. Reason: Picture inserted in-line. Post fixed.
sswami4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 22:22   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswami4 View Post
It is not officially released by Tata Motors. I have got it from an engineer working with Harman.
Good to hear that the update has made it glitch-free. However, one question: Did this engineer have permission to hand it out to an outside person ? If he did not, you may have jeopardized him, esp by sharing this in public.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:11   #582

Quote:
Did this engineer have permission to hand it out to an outside person ? If he did not, you may have jeopardized him, esp by sharing this in public.
Yes, He did take the permission from his seniors.
I think it is beneficial to them since they get a direct feedback of an end user

Anyone having slightest steering vibrations during braking on mild press of pedals, please get them checked.
I had this problem and the service center replaced my discs free of cost under warranty

Last edited by aah78 : 6th November 2019 at 18:46. Reason: Posts merged.
sswami4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 21:34   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Certain sources at the dealer level have conveyed to us that Tata Motors is expected to launch the Tata Harrier SUV with an automatic transmission by February next year. There is also expect to be a variant rejig which will bring new features like a sunroof. We think this version could debut at the 2020 Auto Expo, where the brand is also expected to showcase the seven-seater version of the Harrier. A Rs 1 lakh premium over the manual version can be expected for the automatic.
Link
ihrishi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 16:24   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Just confirmed from my sources that the system in the Harrier is completely Visteon and as mentioned earlier, the earliest prototypes of the Harrier were running the Harman system.
The infotainment system in the Harrier is Visteon. The system has been tuned by JBL. Even the earliest ads (so far as I know) have stated as much. I for one, do not recollect any statement claiming Harman ICE in the Harrier.

Having said that, I too have faced issues with the ICE and apparently a replacement of the "Silver Box" has solved problems for the first lot of Harriers. (mine is from those). I am still pursuing Tata dealership for a follow up on my car.

On the same note, i recently did a run from Ahmedabad to Bhilai and back. Managed to achieve a good FE figure on the highway at 21.1 kmpl

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th November 2019 at 16:56. Reason: Back to back posts.
arethusa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 00:09   #585
Vmv
BHPian

I haven't seen this fella before ?
Looks cool from this angle
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-fb_img_1573237010312.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com